Pokémon GO

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
do you have the 1200 pidgey you need to evolve with that many candy? do you have the coins to buy that many lucky eggs? either way, that's crazy.

personally, I'm just hoping that I can get porygon + more mareep / larvitar / dratini during this event, could not care less about exp since I don't have any pidgey to evolve.
I had around 300 Pidgey. I've only exhausted ~3000 candy and mass evo'd my way well into 38. Coin-wise I have had a stable income of 100 coins for months now + the special helped heaps. I've wasted 10 out of 25 Lucky Eggs so far.

I can confirm 10K and Porygon. A friend hatched it and got 35 candy. I'm hoping this is a permanent thing bc it deserves to be in 10K tbh.

It's kinda dumb that shit like Dratini is still 10K. The Johto starters being 5Ks are also completely disappointing, considering the Kanto starters are 2K and are mostly superior to the gen 2 ones. We'll see a finalized egg list after the event, hopefully :)

So that means you've had more than 6000 coins in total? If yes, that's freaking amazing. You must own every item in the game, right?
Well, to be fair, not everything is useful depending on game play style. I also has consistent 100 coins income starting from January thanks to be strategic placing and gym team building knowledge (not stacking dragons consecutively to be murdered by ice).

Anyway, I'm yet to find elusive Pillow bear or Lappie from eggs... no luck yet in my eggs as of now. Looks like I'll burn my coins for this. ....

On another note, did Lucky Egg session too, and FOE is still real. Fear of Evolving....
None of my fire puppies got good moves.
At least I got Alakazam? with best set, and an attacker grade Vapie with Hydro Pump, but should forget the rest. I'm salty that other Eevee I expected to have high CP didn't become more Vapies. Will need to find more outstanding vees....

Also, Dratini seems good in 10km. It is commonest 10km egg baby and dragon remains obscenely high CP. The CP difference is real when compared to Vapie and other actually decent defenders like lax.

Last edited:
Well, to be fair, not everything is useful depending on game play style. I also has consistent 100 coins income starting from January thanks to be strategic placing and gym team building knowledge (not stacking dragons consecutively to be murdered by ice).
True that, but at some point you'd have to want to buy every clothing item, right? I mean that's what I would do. At least you don't 'consume' those things. I always wanted that blue long sleeve sweater but it's so darn expensive ;__;

True that, but at some point you'd have to want to buy every clothing item, right? I mean that's what I would do. At least you don't 'consume' those things. I always wanted that blue long sleeve sweater but it's so darn expensive ;__;
There's nothing interesting for the outfit in GO to me. May be when they have more variative dresses in holidays....

At least boys in Kalos got lab coat... but weird that girls don't have something elegant like boys in GO....

Last edited:
I see. Wish they also had cool sweaters for women without stupid team logo's on them.. I mean I'm Mystic but I don't associate with my team at all.

Something else: I've been very tempted to go all in with the Bubblestrat, especially with the current event running. People are getting around 600K(!) experience with it per hour. That's absolutely mad in my opinion. This is such a great opportunity to use this strategy to its fullest potential. Not only is the Bubblestrat probably temporary since it's essentially an exploit of a flaw in the game, it also runs exceptionally well with the current event with also Lucky Eggs being very cheap now. I mean, I wouldn't even mind sacrificing one entire day to grind like a madman. Imagine, around 10 hours of non-stop grinding with this method. Do the calcs yourself, absolutely sick. This way I can bypass the tedious grind it would take me to become around level 38-39, while just sacrificing a day.

The problems here though are a few essential things. The first one is assembling a gym full of Bubblestrat defenders. I mean, I'm fully dedicated, but I don't know 9 other people who would want to work together with me on this case. Second thing is that it's going to be extremely hard to keep a gym filled with shitmons survive for more than a couple of hours. It would have to be in a somewhat remote area, and it has to be in the middle of the night. Though this all may seem farfetched, I'm very tempted to execute this because of the reasons mentioned above. Any tips on this?

To those who are unfamiliar with the so called 'Bubblestrat' and what I'm trying to achieve here: It's a strategy which involves beating a Pokemon that's at least two times higher than your highest Pokemon. So let's say I'm on team blue, and I find a red gym. I first want to beat down that gym until it becomes neutral. Then I place my defender in the gym, which would be a 26 CP Gastly with Astonish. The animation of Astonish is so slow (and the DPS of Lick is so high) that a 13 CP Gastly with Lick could take it out before even taking damage. There are tons of other options, but I'm going to use the most used one for now. Then I want to 'train up' that gym with a Pokemon that's max 13 CP or lower. I usually pick another Gastly, 13 CP, with Lick. The rest of your team doesn't matter, as long as it's max 13 CP or lower.

In this case the gym would be filled with 10 Gastly. CP essentially doesn't matter, as long as the attacker is at least twice as low. An even better attacker for the strategy would be Kadabra with Confusion, because it can one shot every Gastly, making the XP gained per hour even more. So, you get 100 XP (even more when your attackers lower and defenders are higher (which is possible)) per Pokemon you beat. Yes, it's so much because your attackers are so low compared to the defenders in terms of CP. You beat 10 Pokemon in that gym, thus being rewarded with 1000 XP. Double that because of the event, and double that because of the Lucky Egg. Easy 4000 XP in literally a minute. You could even do this with your eyes closed.

Opinions?

Don't think that's as effective for higher levels. There's a definite XP creep once you hit 20 that makes 4000 look like a drop in the bucket.
That's true, but that just for a minute doing literally a few screen taps with your eyes closed. You get hundreds of thousands of XP per our doing this. I think it's a very good method if you'd want to surpass the tedious level 30-38 grind by sacrificing one entire day.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
So that means you've had more than 6000 coins in total? If yes, that's freaking amazing. You must own every item in the game, right?
No. I've only bought 2 clothing items and the rest has gone into incubators. I have around 3000 coins atm and I'm not using them on anything rn (partly bc I have all the eggs I need and incubators in this event are shit).

Gastlystrat is a cool way to level but completely inferior to evolution grinding or catching + evolving with an egg. Would not recommend unless you are lazy or are a bot which can abuse this to level up to a massive degree.

great, spoofers are back... and one ruining gyms in my town, just used the event as an excuse for a mass evolve, added some pokes to dex, oh and threw in my 7 day streak capture in.. 124k exp, always good.

I see. Wish they also had cool sweaters for women without stupid team logo's on them.. I mean I'm Mystic but I don't associate with my team at all.

Something else: I've been very tempted to go all in with the Bubblestrat, especially with the current event running. People are getting around 600K(!) experience with it per hour. That's absolutely mad in my opinion. This is such a great opportunity to use this strategy to its fullest potential. Not only is the Bubblestrat probably temporary since it's essentially an exploit of a flaw in the game, it also runs exceptionally well with the current event with also Lucky Eggs being very cheap now. I mean, I wouldn't even mind sacrificing one entire day to grind like a madman. Imagine, around 10 hours of non-stop grinding with this method. Do the calcs yourself, absolutely sick. This way I can bypass the tedious grind it would take me to become around level 38-39, while just sacrificing a day.

The problems here though are a few essential things. The first one is assembling a gym full of Bubblestrat defenders. I mean, I'm fully dedicated, but I don't know 9 other people who would want to work together with me on this case. Second thing is that it's going to be extremely hard to keep a gym filled with shitmons survive for more than a couple of hours. It would have to be in a somewhat remote area, and it has to be in the middle of the night. Though this all may seem farfetched, I'm very tempted to execute this because of the reasons mentioned above. Any tips on this?

To those who are unfamiliar with the so called 'Bubblestrat' and what I'm trying to achieve here: It's a strategy which involves beating a Pokemon that's at least two times higher than your highest Pokemon. So let's say I'm on team blue, and I find a red gym. I first want to beat down that gym until it becomes neutral. Then I place my defender in the gym, which would be a 26 CP Gastly with Astonish. The animation of Astonish is so slow (and the DPS of Lick is so high) that a 13 CP Gastly with Lick could take it out before even taking damage. There are tons of other options, but I'm going to use the most used one for now. Then I want to 'train up' that gym with a Pokemon that's max 13 CP or lower. I usually pick another Gastly, 13 CP, with Lick. The rest of your team doesn't matter, as long as it's max 13 CP or lower.

In this case the gym would be filled with 10 Gastly. CP essentially doesn't matter, as long as the attacker is at least twice as low. An even better attacker for the strategy would be Kadabra with Confusion, because it can one shot every Gastly, making the XP gained per hour even more. So, you get 100 XP (even more when your attackers lower and defenders are higher (which is possible)) per Pokemon you beat. Yes, it's so much because your attackers are so low compared to the defenders in terms of CP. You beat 10 Pokemon in that gym, thus being rewarded with 1000 XP. Double that because of the event, and double that because of the Lucky Egg. Easy 4000 XP in literally a minute. You could even do this with your eyes closed.

Opinions?
If that calculation is right, it can actually be better than evolution fodders as I couldn't break through 175k EXP per 30 minutes session even in event now. However, finding the implement is very difficult. I still has my licker ghost, but not the new move one. That'll require a lot of people who has the same implements, which is even more difficult. So yeah, nah, sadly....

Don't even get me on the lag. It hurts my little phone A LOT each time I prepare gym battle team.

But true enough, I wish I have the necessary implements. I want to level up quickly to raise my level cap for my Vapies....

Oh well, I'll just stick with catching fodders and evolution spree....

And yeah... what I was looking was elegant dress. They even got tuxedo and top hat! ... well, I know it's funnily weird to run with ball gown, but running with tuxedo isn't different either, I think.

And had a lizard Chameleon ran away in first try. My mind wasn't working and picked the pineapple instead of Razz.... ugh....

Last edited:
If that calculation is right, it can actually be better than evolution fodders as I couldn't break through 175k EXP per 30 minutes session even in event now. However, finding the implement is very difficult. I still has my licker ghost, but not the new move one. That'll require a lot of people who has the same implements, which is even more difficult. So yeah, nah, sadly....

Don't even get me on the lag. It hurts my little phone A LOT each time I prepare gym battle team.

But true enough, I wish I have the necessary implements. I want to level up quickly to raise my level cap for my Vapies....

Oh well, I'll just stick with catching fodders and evolution spree....

And yeah... what I was looking was elegant dress. They even got tuxedo and top hat! ... well, I know it's funnily weird to run with ball gown, but running with tuxedo isn't different either, I think.
Yeah it's definitely better than evolution fodder, since mass evolutions also take a lot of preparation time. And it's not forever. I mean, you will eventually run out of candies (which happens rather quickly) and hoarding those back up again takes ages. With the Bubblestrat you don't even need any resources.

Yeah it's definitely better than evolution fodder, since mass evolutions also take a lot of preparation time. And it's not forever. I mean, you will eventually run out of candies (which happens rather quickly) and hoarding those back up again takes ages. With the Bubblestrat you don't even need any resources.
... just RAM resources (why lag?!)

Actually, I think I had done this and I couldn't make EXP so quickly. Because crashes each 3-5 times. And gave up due to this....

Spoofers were never gone tho
they were with the last update, just annoying as, finally level up and now lamer spooffers mean I have to waste resources on them to earn some coin. I mean how Niantic cant detect someone practically teleporting between 2 gyms... 5 minutes walking distance apart, I took one, took another, and had lost both.. by the time I had got back to the first 1... I mean come on, not even in a car is this possible.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
they were with the last update, just annoying as, finally level up and now lamer spooffers mean I have to waste resources on them to earn some coin. I mean how Niantic cant detect someone practically teleporting between 2 gyms... 5 minutes walking distance apart, I took one, took another, and had lost both.. by the time I had got back to the first 1... I mean come on, not even in a car is this possible.
No they weren't. iOS's spoofing app has not changed since like September (so everyone can use it) and Android spoofing requires you to just not update to the latest version (or just go back and bam you can spoof).

It's honestly just sad at this point. Every few weeks someone says something like "yeah spoofers were gone!!!" when that's never been the case. The public is just misinformed if you think it is that easy to just ban spoofers (spoilers: spoofers haven't been mass banwaved since August).

I mean how Niantic cant detect someone practically teleporting between 2 gyms... 5 minutes walking distance apart, I took one, took another, and had lost both.. by the time I had got back to the first 1... I mean come on, not even in a car is this possible.
I usually don't see that kind of activity anywhere other than the campus. I've chalked it up to "best/busiest area to play" before, but...

No they weren't. iOS's spoofing app has not changed since like September (so everyone can use it) and Android spoofing requires you to just not update to the latest version (or just go back and bam you can spoof).

It's honestly just sad at this point. Every few weeks someone says something like "yeah spoofers were gone!!!" when that's never been the case. The public is just misinformed if you think it is that easy to just ban spoofers (spoilers: spoofers haven't been mass banwaved since August).
the were gone from the city, they turned up again yesterday, Ninatics force update usually means blocking spoofing, and that includes iOS, the spoof apps then take a week or so then come back in force... bloody annoying.

I usually don't see that kind of activity anywhere other than the campus. I've chalked it up to "best/busiest area to play" before, but...
that and I was stood there at the first gym, with no one around, no way you can play it by car, I would have seen them between the 2 gyms at some point as well. so yea, I dunno about a campus but 5 minutes walk including crossing a large road... and at 9pm at night, no one around, no lights on at any of the buildings.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
the were gone from the city, they turned up again yesterday, Ninatics force update usually means blocking spoofing, and that includes iOS, the spoof apps then take a week or so then come back in force... bloody annoying.
A week is nowhere near close. Gonna give you the real rundown on what happens when Niantic does:

Forced Update:

- Bots cease to function for a few hours at most (2-3 hours last few updates, that is nothing). You can just make new ones so this just affects scanners.
- Spoofing apps take a few hours to update (iOS and Android spoofing apps took I think 1 hour to update, that's their average).

Ban Wave:

- The last ban wave had scanner bots back by the hour.
- Spoofers were unaffected completely.

If spoofers / bots have stopped being in your town or w/e, it's because they're out of commission for a VERY limited time frame or moved on to another area.

Niantic's failsafes are garbage and they literally don't do anything nowadays as frustrating as that is. Being realistic in the fact that Niantic has a long way to go in dealing with cheaters.

breh

強いだね
finally caught a hoppip after having skiploom for ages \o/

is shuckle useful for literally anything? I hatched a nice level 20 one and was wondering if you can use it for a sort of pseudo-bubblestrat-esque strat with ditto.

oh, also, found out that one of the machop I have is 15/15/14. readily awaiting heavy slam / bullet punch machamp after 30 more candy :)

Yeah that freaking sucks... Shuckle has been one of my favorite Pokemon ever since GSC. Too bad its high defenses server no purpose in this game at all. Imagine if Shuckle would have max. 3000 CP. What a beast would it be.

dont fuckle with shuckle..

another reason spoofing is prominant.. level 24 spoofer beating a 2500 odd dragonite and 3017 cp snorlax solo.. (ZH/BS) spare me the BS...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)