Pokemon Storm Silver / Sacred Gold ingame discussion / tiering.

There are 2 game names in the title because they are hacks of Soulsilver and Heartgold, and are the same as volt white and blaze black in principle, but actually aren't.

First things first, self-aware Professor Oak / Player's Mom, Early 60Bp Stab moves, and early Lotad / tailow / seedot / wurmple (holder of the 60 bp stab) / eevee rule. Second, Early super effective moves sucks.

I don't think Chikorita will be as good in this as in the regular because there are some really close calls, peck and bug bite to name some.

I did a mono-water run of this game and it was awesome !

My team was :

Lapras
Ludicolo
Poliwrath (with drain punch and belly drum)
Sharpedo (with speed boost)
Swampert
Pelliper (it gets air slash and is a bit stronger)

You get a stone that evolves your eevee very early, at the end of bellsprout tower so you can have a powerful pokemon from the start. You can also use this stone for another pokemon that eeven such as lombre.

Moves are updated like in 5th gen : giga drain and drain punch have 75 BP for example. Some pokemon can have their hidden ability such as technician breloom !

Starters are easy to get : just answer a quizz in pokemon centers ;). You just get one from the 3 of the same region though but they are easy-to-get powerful pokemon ;).

I started the game and was blowing through it (OMG EEVEE FOR UBERS) and after chikorita (Or was it Tailow, or Seedot or maybe Lotad) and the player character turned into yellow missingno like squares, I battled a Weedle and afterwords the game went blank.

There are glitches like that in this game due to the original roms being unstable.

As soon as you see a graphical glitch, don't move or anything, save and reset, the glitch is fixed ;). It happens time to time unfortunately. I recommend you to save regularly in case the game freezes so you don't lose much time.

What are the changes with HGSS ?[/QUOTE]

All pokemon from the first 4 generations are available before the Elite 4 (with a few exceptions), most pokemon have been edited : their movesets, abilities or even typing has been changed. When you download the package, you also get the documentation about the changes.
Changes are usually made so weaker pokemon gets stronger. Pokemon like Ledian or Delibird become viable.
You don't need to trade to evolve the pokemon that usually require trading, they evolve from another way.

Some moves have been edited as well and they're updated to the 5th gen (drain punch and giga drain have 75 BP for example).
Some TMs are available sooner, some shops have been edited as well.

ALL important trainers (gym leaders, rocket admins etc) have a team of 6 powerful pokemon, don't underestimate them !

There are some changes in the storyline, some funny new stuff.

I guess that's it, enjoy, it's a very fun hack ^^.

Awesome, smogon finally gave in to how awesome the pokemon hacks are.

My game fucked up on me at around the 2nd gym (the sprite glitch issue + some issue where the game wouldn't load up for me upon booting), so I couldn't save and reset successfully.

I am considering on starting a new game in light of this thread; it sparks my interest. If it's convenient enough, this is the team I'm considering:

-Gyarados or vaporeon
-Electivire (now has a fighting secondary typing)
-Scizor
-Typhlosion
-Alakazam (Aura Sphere at around 52 I think, or else Espeon)
-Torterra or Leafeon

I haven't gotten to try the Gyaravire combo before, so now sounds like a good time.

I hope a thread gets put up for BB/VW 1 (I unfortunately played the clean version) or even Bloody Platinum, because I could tier my team for both of those.

ALSO, just a hint for the people who use the given AR codes. You can rebattle the trainers that would ordinarily call you on a specific day, using the code, and they'll give you the item they normally promise. I haven't played through the entire game obviously, but the first person you battle gives you an HP up every time you RE-battle, and there should be a couple other trainers along the road that give you a Carbos or a Calcium. I am not quite sure if any trainers give you a Protein. It can all be looked up since it pertains to the normal game.

I'm just throwing it out there because it is great for racking up easy money or more importantly EV's, for those who want to play through the game more conveniently.

Edit: I swear, every thread I touch dies.

I started the game ... Did you manager to catch Unown ? because I can't manage to tap the pieces in the fossil game (how do you do on an Emulator ? I try to double tap with my mouse, but nothing happens)

Any idea if there's a more up to date discussion on this game? :P

So far, I've got
-Light Ball Pikachu with Surf and Fly
-Typhlosion
-Tyranitar
-Shiny Roserade
and an HM slave.

I used to have a Glaceon, but don't train it anymore. Maybe I should, since Claire's Gym is next.

There are 2 game names in the title because they are hacks of Soulsilver and Heartgold, and are the same as volt white and blaze black in principle, but actually aren't.

First things first, self-aware Professor Oak / Player's Mom, Early 60Bp Stab moves, and early Lotad / tailow / seedot / wurmple (holder of the 60 bp stab) / eevee rule. Second, Early super effective moves sucks.

I don't think Chikorita will be as good in this as in the regular because there are some really close calls, peck and bug bite to name some.
Anyone know If I can evolve Graveler to Golem on Pokemon Sacred Gold ?

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Anyone know If I can evolve Graveler to Golem on Pokemon Sacred Gold ?
yeah, basically you need these items called the "Covenant Orb" which can be obtained from doing the in-game trades from the NPCs. For example, there's an NPC in Azalea Town that wants a Rhyhorn for Gligar/Abra I think? The orb will be the held item on the Pokemon you received and you just use the orb like how you would use an evolutionary stone.

Anyways, I have completed a Nuzlocke of Sacred Gold (like all the way to Red) and it was super fun, but the hours and hours I spent on grinding was not fun at all. My final team was Espeon (wooo it survived the entire way ^^), Breloom, Milotic, Dragonite, Arcanine, and Lanturn.

I recommend any Nuzlocke fan to nuzlocke this game but, the amount of grinding you have to do is insane @~@

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
I've never played these before. Do they maintain Johto's atrocious level curve?
not really imo, the trainers tend to have at least 2-3 Pokemon that should be decently leveled. However, grinding with wild Pokemon is a lot easier since there are actual fully evolved / second stage Pokemon that are fairly common as you progress, but it is quite time consuming. Granted the creator of the game added additional events that were not in the vanilla game (won't be going into it) that will add just a handful of extra trainers.

I did a mono-fire run of this game, it was awesome. I didn't beat Red though.
I used:
Flareon (Superpower, Flare Blitz, Strength now rock type)
Blaziken
Charizard
Rotom-H
Camerupt
Houndoom

The choice band is super easy to get HGSS so Flareon becomes way too strong. The Champion was hard to beat with this team. Being weak to Rock and Water types can be annoying. I've also played BB/VW2 (eviolite porygon2 + frost breath sniper kingdra ouch) and RR/SS. Wish more people played hacks like these because they massively improve on the originals.

I'm going entirely from memory here and not the documentation, but I think you're required to use Daisy's haircuts to increase Feebas's Beauty condition. Milotic doesn't have any alternate evolution method in the mod and there isn't any other in-game way to increase Beauty.

yeah, basically you need these items called the "Covenant Orb" which can be obtained from doing the in-game trades from the NPCs. For example, there's an NPC in Azalea Town that wants a Rhyhorn for Gligar/Abra I think? The orb will be the held item on the Pokemon you received and you just use the orb like how you would use an evolutionary stone.

Anyways, I have completed a Nuzlocke of Sacred Gold (like all the way to Red) and it was super fun, but the hours and hours I spent on grinding was not fun at all. My final team was Espeon (wooo it survived the entire way ^^), Breloom, Milotic, Dragonite, Arcanine, and Lanturn.

I recommend any Nuzlocke fan to nuzlocke this game but, the amount of grinding you have to do is insane @~@
Grinding is cringe, cheating in rare candies is based :D lmao but for real you can fill up the medicine pack in the bag with 900x everything fairly easily. You can even use the vitamins to supplement the evs as you deem necessary/fair as you go through the early game. That plus speed up on emulator is a life saver! Isn’t really cheating since you still have to XP manage the level caps in your run, and like I said you would actually be weaker and missing EVs if you don’t use any vitamins. Something to keep in mind if you’re even still on here/nuzlocking haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)