Pokémon GO

That's pretty rude to tell someone to quit. Why didn't you quit after you felt bad for cheating? And then not play at all?

I do it as a way to curve my limited time. I don't just sit around all day trying to ruin it for someone, plus for doing the Gym spoofing at 10 pm when it's cold and raining, when no one else would be at the park anyways... most people are probably not hanging around there. It only affects other people if they would have been there and my single deposit into a level 9 gym would have been the only thing stopping them, assuming they have the Pokémon to prestige it up themselves and are in the same team anyways.

Anyways. I just got a 97.8% Chansey legitimately today! Hatching a 10 KM for Stardust, and got her as a lucky surprise!

Yay!

https://imgur.com/a/gKWUg

Can't wait to evolve and boost her up!
Because cheating isn't rude either? The rules are there and they exist for a reason. I have read much to know the extent of damages and have no sympathy for cheaters. I remember seeing your collection once and someone called you out for your methods. You're much more advantaged with it while I only fight with what I have. Add some good percentage of player base with that and there. The honest playerbase struggles.
Also, the quick saturation apparently causes Ntic problem as, due to quickly stale metagame, they have to make new content quicker than it should be.

I did understand my foul way. I kept playing as my way to repent for my sin to the world of Pokemon that had raised me. I did understand I caused much trouble for what I did only for my selfishness masked as "heavy daily business" and some probably hated me under my previous name, and had it coming as I kept turning blind eye from my conscience. Now I went into a hunter for tall gyms to liberate and help other players enjoy it. Especially that scanner usage is very high here and standard on stagnant area is making concerns.

I also had the policy to only raise own team gym, then I see how this enforced stagnation and I had my taste of it as a newbie in further area. Setting the minimal CP highly that scares lower players and takes out the chance for people who would probably walk there or plan to later.

Anyway, evolved few things. Sighs, only good thing is a champ and I'm out of candies. The rest has useless sets....
And Larvitar hatch from the Easter event. Ah, missed guess, thought it was going to be Dratini?....

Again, I have helped newbies as well.
Anyways, I see no point in defending myself if it's always going to be an automatic "cheater regardless".
But I will leave you with 2 notes, regardless of myself:
1. Again, if you benefit from a spoofer you are no better. That means when you enter a gym that has Pokémon from spoofers (say a level 9 gym, that your Pokémon makes level 10), you are endorsing cheating - because you are accepting the placement of your Pokémon in a gym that only became your team color because spoofers made it so. You have allowed yourself to benefit from them, which means you agree that as long as the spot is available it doesn't matter how the gym got to be ready for your legit Pokémon. (they do all the work to get it to level 9, then you prestige to level 10, but criticize them? You have let their ways help you, so how can you be critical?)

2. If they are that difficult to beat, that means you need spoofers from all teams to beat the stagnate gyms regardless of team color. If you can't beat them because they are level 40 with perfect Tyranitar and Dragonite then you better be grateful when a spoofer from another team steps in and beats them. After all, if you can't do it, and they don't do it, then the gyms will never alternate color or individual trainer ownership.

P.S. When trading becomes available you have to not trade your Pokémon to or from any spoofer because then you are reaping the reward (perfect Pokémon) without taking the risk of spoofing (getting banned), as you cannot have your cake and criticize it after you eat it, saying "but someone else baked it, I'm just eating it so I'm innocent " = "but someone else spoofed it, I just traded for it so I'm still a legal player".
If anything it's worse to not spoof and get a spoofers Pokémon in a trade because at least they put in the work and risk to get it in the first place.
-----
Separate point.

Once trading is available the next big concern will be people trading good Pokémon from their main account to a new one (trading to themselves), using multi accounts to clean out gyms of their color so they can input them in with their other account. That's gonna be worse than sniping, like someone trading a Pokémon with their iPhone to their account on their iPad. There will be no way for niantic to know because they are separate accounts with no 3rd party app.
Lots of level 5 trainers with 3500 CP Dragonite. They should have a CP/Max level cap based on trainer level for trades and catches. You can catch a Pokémon higher than your own level it just reads "????" CP.
I doubt trading would ever happen if what I see around the world is right. I also can solo gym with a lot of maxed thing with what I have now, so I don't need help.
When I was back in the small town, I had no way of knowing if there's a spoofer among where I raised some gyms, nor I do with those I have traveled to (I once while being lost found a very desolate place with only a 2500 Snorlax at top and took the generosity). If what I read is right about how many cheaters in this game, then one can't blame the honest player for having to compete against cheater and be seemingly on top of another cheater. I have given my point on that before:
Also, cheating affects the metagame. Period, I don't want to repeat myself. I have said that the amount of the strong things obtained from cheating nudges the metagame quicker than it should've been. Like phalanx said, "All they did is put Blissey", that (with the other high CP lords) is how the metagame gets stale too quickly.
And when do pure player owe gym slots to the cheaters when what they do is filling it with high CP things, setting the CP threshold highly for pure players, and overall makes the game more difficult than it should've been? Most often than not a gym full of cheater would not be usable for the lower end players who can't compete at all, and worse when it's all full, fully denying their access to the gym feature. Heck, I remember in my last family trip to nowhere, there are somehow all high towers and shame I didn't have enough great 'mon and supplies at that time (bag capacity wasn't full yet) and we were just passing through anyway. It would actually be an accomplishment when a pure player can compete against cheater, ....
I have to hold myself back now. I'm too much of a lawful knight templar. Even until now I backed down from trading my Celesteela in Moon when knowing it'll be cloned.
The only worst I can barely tolerate this is when one goes vigilante and break the other spoofer groups. I have heard of some doing this and it'll be interesting scene, and then again the honest hardcore may also get theirs dragged to this.

Still, I have to hold back and probably apologise. Since I never liked cheater of all sorts now and had bad runs with them.

Last edited:
trading isn't the issue,. I am more concerned about the code added recently involving feeding Pokemon in gyms and species restrictions that will hurt our area badly due to certain pokemon being more common then others and therefore filling gyms.. spoofers don't have this problem as they can diversify... oh and nor do they have to do 3 hour walks to feed everything.

oh and yet another level 7 gym lost.... and yet another spoofing pos... guy has 3 ttars all above 3100.... 2 dragonites over 3000.... do Ninatic actually even fix anything? this is bull so blatent, fed up of this now.

LOL ANOTHER spoofer, THREE 3100+ TTARS and 3000+ CP Dragonites... rediculous for the area.. reported that turd without proof because that is complete bull for the area I live.

Last edited:
Upcoming event

To help you stock up for your upcoming adventure, more items will be awarded from every PokéStop you visit, and Poké Balls will be 50% off in the in-game shop. Your Buddy Pokémon is also in the adventuring spirit and will find Candies four times as fast for the duration of the celebration. Whether you’re exploring your neighborhood or an exotic new location, make sure to watch for Rock-type Pokémon such as Omanyte, Kabuto, and their Evolutions. Keep an eye out—maybe you’ll even spot Aerodactyl!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
trading isn't the issue,. I am more concerned about the code added recently involving feeding Pokemon in gyms and species restrictions that will hurt our area badly due to certain pokemon being more common then others and therefore filling gyms.. spoofers don't have this problem as they can diversify... oh and nor do they have to do 3 hour walks to feed everything.

oh and yet another level 7 gym lost.... and yet another spoofing pos... guy has 3 ttars all above 3100.... 2 dragonites over 3000.... do Ninatic actually even fix anything? this is bull so blatent, fed up of this now.

LOL ANOTHER spoofer, THREE 3100+ TTARS and 3000+ CP Dragonites... rediculous for the area.. reported that turd without proof because that is complete bull for the area I live.
I hope you don't report someone innocent. It's like going to a Starbucks gym and not seeing another customers while you order. For all you know it's one of the employees in the back prestiging a gym. We cannot just assume. What if someone was driving through for Mother's Day Weekend?

Pretty good this time. Since I need these Rhydon candies I just hope this won't fall flat like last Valentine or Grass type (so much for "Grass" type, I thought it was 2nd Water event). I also need to prepare good Ground to prepare against Raikou if there'll be them someday.

Also, this means time to resupply and improve my stuffs to prepare for next raids against towers. And I'll be switching back buddies then....

I hope you don't report someone innocent. It's like going to a Starbucks gym and not seeing another customers while you order. For all you know it's one of the employees in the back prestiging a gym. We cannot just assume. What if someone was driving through for Mother's Day Weekend?
don't worry I don't report innocents, and someone messaged me about the grey gymmming dude also not being there, and not everywhere in the world has Mothers day on the same day either, it was just a normal weekend.

the grass event was great here, just hope they don't just INCREASE the spawns, as sudowodo will get annoying.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Only things I'm looking forward to from this event is putting my Blissey on a treadmill (as they are rare here) and finding Larvitar for the candies / possible high IV one.

don't understand some people, completly trash a neighbourhood, where the team is 100% legit... it is really time Ninatic stopped letting people be cowards, guy in a car at midnight, driving a good 1-2 miles smashing all the gyms, then leaving as soon as the prestige goes up, pretty sure it was the guy in the car, although I saw no phone glow... so it could have been a spoofer and coincidence, as one of the gyms retaken got knocked down to 1000, and again magically stopped when another guy from my team in a car, was driving down replacing all their stuff...
oh look it has happened again 2 hours later, why can't Niantic get rid of these loopholes being abused for players to grief, how hard is it to send a report to the bloody journal with a name so these cowards can't hide. sent report to Ninatic with the name of the gyms and timeframe to check, don't these cowards have anything better to do with their nights then ruin the game for legitimate players?

Last edited:

breh

強いだね
Praying for larvitar in this event, should save me a buttload of time walking it if I can get it straight. Currently sitting at a meager 6 candy for it and walking mareep at 92 (i.e. 10 km left once the event starts). If, by some miracle, larvitar is even common then I might have a solid shot at making headway into dragonite instead (dragonair sitting at 57 candy). After that's out of the way, everything else I have left to evolve (Donphan, P2, and Togetic) is comparatively much easier.

exeggutor is the best Blissey slayer I have found, I need 1 hatch to be more or less done with Larvitar, only then walking to get the candy to level it on 112 right now and 56 mareep candy, so the hopefully Larvitar gets completed soon, and then I can walk Mareep, and perhaps a starter.

I hatched one today, from an egg obtained yesterday, have a few now, hatched a couple during the easter event, which was fun.

This is more a technical issue, but has anyone else had trouble connecting with the GPS lately?

Recently mine has refused to find a GPS signal no matter what. I've tried updating it and even uninstalling and reinstalling the app to no avail.

The weird thing is that other apps that use a GPS signal (like maps for instance) work fine. I've tried looking online and did some of the tips but nothing is working.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
My best Golem is a maxed out Rock Throw / EQ 93%, it does the job but yeah Stone Edge would be neat. I have a Rock Throw / SE one with max Atk but it's level 10,,,

Given you can snipe, just hang around the sniping Discords and wait for one to pop up. Otherwise you're going to rely on the dreaded moveset RNG until you roll it.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Sniping as it was defined before is dead, yes, but Discords that specialize on sniping have found workarounds that I've seen friends use (primarily, waiting 2 hours between actions). The sniping community is "thriving" off this until Niantic patches it fully (which I can't wait for, it's cancer that ruins the game).

For what it is worth no spoofing / sniping app is down atm except tutu (VIP is up tomorrow, reg is done iirc) so most people can spoof just fine (yay).

breh

強いだね
It seems that larvitar now spawns due to the event. I have two on nearby atm so evidently fairly readily as well.

What effect will easily available tyranitar have on the gym meta? I feel like it'll be nice since this means both a solid attacker and a very high CP defender that sits at the top of gyms and discourages people from putting in the (relatively lower CP) blissey. Even relatively low-level ttar will still sit higher than even level 40 blissey. Personally, I feel like this'll be a good thing - ttar is taken down a lot easier with a wide variety of common attackers.

and today is the day the game decides it likes to crash, and forces me to restart the game after not playing it for an hour, meaning no login...

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
PTC is having issues (of course) atm which is locking out a ton of players lol.

Google master race!

EDIT: Of note is that Slugma has increased spawns for this event.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Yeah it started already. It's biome dependent (again).

Rumor mill has it that Larv spawns have been massively nerfed ala Dratini...

yea and PTC still broken, probably server load due to the stupid time choice meaning entire US is logging in and western Europe... and Brazil...

Sniping as it was defined before is dead, yes, but Discords that specialize on sniping have found workarounds that I've seen friends use (primarily, waiting 2 hours between actions). The sniping community is "thriving" off this until Niantic patches it fully (which I can't wait for, it's cancer that ruins the game).

For what it is worth no spoofing / sniping app is down atm except tutu (VIP is up tomorrow, reg is done iirc) so most people can spoof just fine (yay).
explain this... I think a spoofer is hitting gyms here, one went down in at about 6pm.. by 8pm there is a blue name I have never seen... it was grey for 2 hours.. in a park.. with 2 other gyms inside.. others have been left untouched..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)