Announcement BSS Factory [playable on Showdown!]

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
slots finished (smaller).png

~ Battle Spot Singles Factory ~
Programmed and maintained by LegoFigure11
Movesets by cant say / NOVED / Jhon / chemcoop / Solerme

Yes, the rumors were indeed true! For a little while now we've been working on getting our very own version of random battles for you to enjoy. This format will give new players an idea of how BSS works, while also posing a new challenge for BSS veterans, and will allow players from both varieties to duke it out against each other on (hopefuly) even ground!

The main things to note about this format are:
  • The format will be listed as "BSS Factory" and found under "Randomized Metas" in the formats dropdown.
  • You get 6 random Pokemon and have to choose 3 at team preview to battle with. You will be able to see your opponent's 6 Pokemon while making this decision.
  • For those familiar with the other random metas on PS, this format operates more similarly to Battle Factory than Random Battle (hence the name).
    • The Pokemon in Battle Factory have several specific movesets assigned to them, and the set you get is chosen at random when the Pokemon is put in your team. Random Battle has a predetermined list of moves for each Pokemon and you get 4 of them at random (which on occasion means you get a bad combination of moves). We decided it was better to have relevant BSS movesets+items and EV spreads instead of just random ones.
    • While the movesets are static, much like Smogon analyses, some moveslots have slashes. For example, sometimes you'll get Flamethrower on your Mega Charizard Y, sometimes you'll get Fire Blast.
    • Because of this, you shouldn't get a "bad" moveset. If you do, report it here and we will review the slashing on that moveset to try and make it work better. On the flipside, if you or your opponent get something that's way too strong or annoying, you can report that here too.
  • All the sets are preloaded into the Battle Spot Damage Calc! Simply click the "Factory" button next to the "GBU/ORAS/SM" buttons and calc away!
We will be hosting room tours with this format a lot, so come and give it a try!

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Really happy with the introduction of this!
But there is something which doesn't really satisfy me. I was playing this, and got an Umbreon with Celebrate. A decent healer set could be good too, but why even put celebrate?
Celebrate Umbreon comes with a Normalium Z and Baton Pass, allowing it to boost all of its stats to +1 with Z-Celebrate and then Baton Pass the boosts to a sweeper.

hey, um,
I don't play bss that much but i'm pretty sure a greninja with rocky helmet and toxic isn't the most viable set out there. That's what I got while playing, at least, is it a set problem?
everything else looks great tho, i'll definitely play more when I get the chance

hey, um,
I don't play bss that much but i'm pretty sure a greninja with rocky helmet and toxic isn't the most viable set out there. That's what I got while playing, at least, is it a set problem?
everything else looks great tho, i'll definitely play more when I get the chance
It's a set that performed admirably in ORAS. Certainly not common, but it did have some legit viability.
Consider it's inclusion here to be something similar to Air Balloon Rotom-Fan in randbats, slightly less serious.

Awesome! If you don't mind, I'm going to recommend some sets now, in the hopes that some of them might be approved and included (sorry if any are already included; I don't know what all the sets included are):

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance/ Flamethrower
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
Bulky Volcarona is a cool mon because WoW allows it to cripple Pokemon that would otherwise try to Rock Tomb it on the switch, while it's bulk facilitates setting up. The given speed EVs allow it to outspeed max speed Jolly Breloom, while the rest is poured into making it as bulky as possible. Sitrus Berry mitigates the damage from stealth rock and adds to its overall bulk.

252+ Atk burned Landorus-Therian Rock Tomb vs. 252 HP / 236 Def Volcarona: 164-194 (43.8 - 51.8%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO

Hydreigon @ Scope Lens
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power / Fire Blast
- Focus Energy

Focus Energy Hydreigon is pretty hilarious LOL. It doesn't have Sniper like Kingdra but it has good Dark-type STAB, better speed, surprise factor, and still good enough damage output to make it worth running. The good thing about Focus Energy versus Work Up is that it allows you to spam Draco Meteor without reducing your damage output.

252+ SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Venusaur-Mega on a critical hit: 114-135 (60.9 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Vikavolt @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
Level: 100
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Bug Buzz
- Guillotine / Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire
- Thunderbolt

Vikavolt deserves to be on the list IMO because it actually gets more usage than Pidgeot and Beedrill, which are included. It can run either Modest nature and 31 Speed IVs or Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs for Trick Room.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
This set is a good set for sand teams IMO because Stone Edge allows it to take out Zard, Ice Beam hits Hippo, Lando, and dragons, and Fire Blast allows it to lure Pokemon like Skarmory and Ferrothorn. Relaxed Nature allows it to live an EQ from Lando-T and retaliate with an Ice Beam. The rest of EVs go into SpA and HP to allow it to be as bulky and hard-hitting as possible. I guess you could possibly run Bold over Relaxed and D. Pulse over Stone Edge if you really want to.

Vivillon @ Leftovers
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
While Vivillon is not the most common Pokemon in Battle Spot, its relatively fast, accurate Sleep Powders still make it a threat one should be prepared for, and it still sees more usage than Raikou, Reuniclus, and Piloswine, all of which are included, so I think it should be included too.

Aegislash @ Focus Sash
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw/ Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
This variant of Aegislash serves as a lure to Charizard Y and Volcarona, and while it is not the most common set, it is definitely viable and something that should be taken into account by BSS players, so I think it should be included.

252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 256-304 (167.3 - 198.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For the love of GOD can we PLEASE remove this shit set from the face of this sim. Not only does it never work the way it's supposed to (sash-countering), it's just completely bad in general and doesn't exist as a set in this format (for that very reason). I'm fine with meme sets if they actually work. This one doesn't and it makes me mad when a potentially good game is ruined because a lucario cannot mega evolve.

species:
Lucario
item:Focus Sash
ability:Inner Focus
evs
hp:0
atk:252
spd:4
spe:252
nature:Jolly
moves
Counter
Close Combat
Poison Jab / Ice Punch / Rock Tomb
Extreme Speed / Vacuum Wave

ppb said:
Vivillon @ Leftovers
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
While Vivillon is not the most common Pokemon in Battle Spot, its relatively fast, accurate Sleep Powders still make it a threat one should be prepared for, and it still sees more usage than Raikou, Reuniclus, and Piloswine, all of which are included, so I think it should be included too.
the usage stats were indeed important for us to make the sets, but the goal was also to create competitive sets to make the tier work as a place full of infos for the new users and a competitive tier for the players that already know the tier. For this reason mons such as Piloswine had the priority over more common mons such as Vivillon (that is more common than Pilo, but it's still a pretty rare mon), because they are definitely more competitive / viable / seen in high rated teams :)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
not to mention sleep and sweep would be more broken than hypnosis + hex mega gengar with a lack of guaranteed checks in each team.

the usage stats were indeed important for us to make the sets, but the goal was also to create competitive sets to make the tier work as a place full of infos for the new users and a competitive tier for the players that already know the tier. For this reason mons such as Piloswine had the priority over more common mons such as Vivillon (that is more common than Pilo, but it's still a pretty rare mon), because they are definitely more competitive / viable / seen in high rated teams :)
That makes some sense but I feel like some of the mons that were included (Mega Glalie, Mega Pidgeot, Silvally) wouldn't really show up in highly rated teams at all... although yeah I guess sleep and sweep could be pretty broken. I really do hope some of the other sets I recommended are worth considering though :)

Last edited:
That makes some sense but I feel like some of the mons that were included (Mega Glalie, Mega Pidgeot, Silvally) wouldn't really show up in highly rated teams at all... although yeah I guess sleep and sweep could be pretty broken. I really do hope some of the other sets I recommended are worth considering though :)
Well there is a defenisve Volcarona (a Kee Berry set) a sash Aegislash and a sorta similar Tyranitar already in place.

Well there is a defenisve Volcarona (a Kee Berry set) a sash Aegislash and a sorta similar Tyranitar already in place.
Okay, but the main thing about Rock Slide Aegi isn't the Focus Sash but the ability to lure Zard Y (unless the one in place already has Rock Slide lol).

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Okay, but the main thing about Rock Slide Aegi isn't the Focus Sash but the ability to lure Zard Y (unless the one in place already has Rock Slide lol).
The current Sash Aegi has Head Smash rather than Rock Slide, as it allows it to trade with all Charizard variants including Charizard-X.

---
Atm there is a bug that causes certain mons (looking at you, Silvally) to be rolled more often than they should, and causes some to not be rolled ever (Volcarona -> Zapdos, alphabetically). Just a general note to all users that there is no need to report this, and it will be fixed with the next server restart :)

Last edited:
Just did my first battle on this format. I got Torrent Greninja (Focus Sash just in case no other set has this issue).

It's a nice thing anyways. Battle Factory formats are fun, even if not many play on them.

Just got back from Showdown and played this format. Just got crushed with Poison Heal Gliscor with a guillotine... a freaking GUILLOTINE!! It just go protect and then WHAM and hit every guillotine on all of my pokemon and what's best is that it didn't miss.

But other than that, I like it. I'm not a fan of teambuilding so with this I'm only just pick 3 and win the game.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Let me start off by saying that I am loving this tier a lot, it's actually my favorite format right now.

While playing, one thing I noticed is that whenever I get Magnezone it has Hidden power Ice.... was this intentional? Most Magnezone sets usually have HP fire for opposing steel types. I have yet to get a hidden power fire Magnezone so I was wondering if I'm just unlucky or is the magnezone set just HP ice? If so would it be possible to include Hidden Power fire Magnezones because many times my opponent has like one or two steel types and it's just unfortunate not to be able to have that coverage :-(

Let me start off by saying that I am loving this tier a lot, it's actually my favorite format right now.

While playing, one thing I noticed is that whenever I get Magnezone it has Hidden power Ice.... was this intentional? Most Magnezone sets usually have HP fire for opposing steel types. I have yet to get a hidden power fire Magnezone so I was wondering if I'm just unlucky or is the magnezone set just HP ice? If so would it be possible to include Hidden Power fire Magnezones because many times my opponent has like one or two steel types and it's just unfortunate not to be able to have that coverage :-(
HP Ice is more common in BSS to hit things like Lando and Garchomp. Magnet Pull also isn't as common in BSS(actually the least common of Mag's 3 abilities) so you see HP Fire a significantly low amount of the time in the actual meta. Though we do have a Mag set with Magnet Pull and if you roll that it should have HP Fire. iirc it may unintentionally have had both ice and fire as options but in the latest update I think Magnet Pull will always have Fire.

Reactions: nui
HP Ice is more common in BSS to hit things like Lando and Garchomp. Magnet Pull also isn't as common in BSS(actually the least common of Mag's 3 abilities) so you see HP Fire a significantly low amount of the time in the actual meta. Though we do have a Mag set with Magnet Pull and if you roll that it should have HP Fire. iirc it may unintentionally have had both ice and fire as options but in the latest update I think Magnet Pull will always have Fire.
Hehe yeah I figured as such. Thank you!

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Making a public To-Do list here because if I make it public then I actually have to do things so that you guys can see what's planned and help to contribute new ideas and suggestions! Just a quick note that some of the stuff here may not make sense to you but that's ok because this list is more of a personal reminder than anything else :) As always, if you think of anything that you would like to see just leave a comment below (or you #bss_randbats fam on discord can just leave it there)

TO-DO
  • Sets
  • Mechanics
    • Fix the line of code that restricts types on the same team
  • Fix Medicham's HP to make it Odd to reduce HJK Recoil (Thanks Jhon for pointing this out!)
  • Add newly released megas (Blaziken (already got this), Swampert (or did we already add these? idr), Ttar, Manectric, Abomasnow (maybe), Aggron (maybe), Gardevoir (maybe), Gallade (maybe), LOPUNNY, Altaria, Ampharos (maybe), Lati@s (maybe))
  • Add Nidoking
  • Make it so Aron won't crash the server
  • Restrict Eevee and Whimsi/Serp on the same team (check if gamerhole have worked this out yet, or work out why indexOf("Eevee") doesn't work in the array)
    Code:
                // Restrict Eevee with certain Pokemon
                if (speciesFlags.limEevee) teamData.eeveeCount++;
                if (teamData.eeveeCount >= 1 && speciesFlags.limEevee) continue;

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)