Resource Monotype Sample Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know there's already a normal team and another accepted one but frankly there's the same serious issue with both of those teams that makes me want to submit this to call attention to the problem. The current sample's fastest mon is PZ (it might've been before pidge idk), and the submitted one is only accepted on the condition it removes Ditto, which opens it up to a wide variety of threats both because Mega Pidgeot is its only speed control and because a lot of setup sweepers become scarier. I don't think it's optimal for a Normal team to be so slow and weak, so while this might not exactly be the standard (no P2) it's had success in various tours and I'd feel like a hypocrite if I called out the Normal teams and then couldn't provide an example of what I feel is more optimal (not being so slow in the first place). If you don't want it accepted that's fine, but I'd at least take another look at the other Normal team.
Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Staraptor @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- Feather Dance

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Conversion
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Quick Attack

Last edited:

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Offensive Bug Team:

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sticky Web

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Overview:
This is an offensive bug team around Mega scizor, it utilizes the core of yanmega and volcarona which aims at checking or weakening each others check which leads to a sweep by any one of the pokemon on the core.Yanmega is a very good partner for volcarona as it can run coverage moves while being able to weaken volcarona's checks.Scizor on the team acts as a cleaner and a check to pokemon that threaten yanmega and volcarona such as nihilego,terrakion,heatran and in return volcarona and yanmega can clear way for scizor by taking out pokemon such as hippowdown,skarmory,celesteela etc.Galvantula provides the team with utility support such as sticky webs which is appreciated by offensive pokemon on the core. Armaldo on the other hand provides the team with stealth rock and rapid spin support aiding offensive pokemon on the team.Lastly Buzzwole on the team is speed control with a choice scarf set,it has a great ability in beast boost that can steam roll teams late game,not to mention solid physical bulk as well.
Sets in detail:
: It provides with invaluable sticky webs support which allows offensive pokemon on the team to outspeed opposing pokemon easily. Thunder is its main stab move as it has accuracy boosted by compound eyes.Energy ball is used for ground and water types such as swampert,hippowdon,seismitoad and so on. Hp ice allows it to deal with landorus and garchomp. Focus sash guarantees that galvantula will get sticy webs up.
: Armaldo provides the team with much needed rapid spin and stealth rock support. Knock off is a very good utility move helping remove items. Stone edge is used to deal with fire and flying types and it hits decently hard even when uninvested. leftover is used for longevity.
: Yanmega on the team can be a great late game sweeper as it has ability speed boost and is also aided by sticky web support. Modest nature and life orb is used so that yanmgea hits hard as possible.Protect is for guarantee speed boost. Air slash is the go-to-move as it is a stab attack. Giga drain helps vs water,ground,rock types. Hp ice allows yanmega to deal with flying and dragon types better.
: Volcarona is the set up sweeper of the team along with mega scizor. Quiver dance makes volcarona really threatening capable of sweeping teams. Fire blast is the main stab move here. PsychiumZ is used to deal with toxapex which otherwise is a trouble to deal with for the rest of the team.
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 330-390 (108.5 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Lastly,Hp ground is used to hit heatran which walls the set otherwise.
: Swords dance makes mega scizor very powerful capable of sweeping teams with priority bullet punch. Bug bite is used to hit pokemon that resist bullet punch, such as water types hard. Superpower is used for heatran,ferrothorn etc. Adamant nature is used for more power.
: The speed control of the team,Buzzwole has good physical bulk letting it survive even +6 aqua jet from azumarill from full.Superpower is the main stab move on the team. Earthquake and stone edge is used as it has great coverage together hitting many pokemon for super effective damage.Ice punch lastly is used to deal better with landorus,dragonite,garchomp etc.

Offensive Bug Team:

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sticky Web

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Overview:
This is an offensive bug team around Mega scizor, it utilizes the core of yanmega and volcarona which aims at checking or weakening each others check which leads to a sweep by any one of the pokemon on the core.Yanmega is a very good partner for volcarona as it can run coverage moves while being able to weaken volcarona's checks.Scizor on the team acts as a cleaner and a check to pokemon that threaten yanmega and volcarona such as nihilego,terrakion,heatran and in return volcarona and yanmega can clear way for scizor by taking out pokemon such as hippowdown,skarmory,celesteela etc.Galvantula provides the team with utility support such as sticky webs which is appreciated by offensive pokemon on the core. Armaldo on the other hand provides the team with stealth rock and rapid spin support aiding offensive pokemon on the team.Lastly Buzzwole on the team is speed control with a choice scarf set,it has a great ability in beast boost that can steam roll teams late game,not to mention solid physical bulk as well.
Sets in detail:
: It provides with invaluable sticky webs support which allows offensive pokemon on the team to outspeed opposing pokemon easily. Thunder is its main stab move as it has accuracy boosted by compound eyes.Energy ball is used for ground and water types such as swampert,hippowdon,seismitoad and so on. Hp ice allows it to deal with landorus and garchomp. Focus sash guarantees that galvantula will get sticy webs up.
: Armaldo provides the team with much needed rapid spin and stealth rock support. Knock off is a very good utility move helping remove items. Stone edge is used to deal with fire and flying types and it hits decently hard even when uninvested. leftover is used for longevity.
: Yanmega on the team can be a great late game sweeper as it has ability speed boost and is also aided by sticky web support. Modest nature and life orb is used so that yanmgea hits hard as possible.Protect is for guarantee speed boost. Air slash is the go-to-move as it is a stab attack. Giga drain helps vs water,ground,rock types. Hp ice allows yanmega to deal with flying and dragon types better.
: Volcarona is the set up sweeper of the team along with mega scizor. Quiver dance makes volcarona really threatening capable of sweeping teams. Fire blast is the main stab move here. PsychiumZ is used to deal with toxapex which otherwise is a trouble to deal with for the rest of the team.
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 330-390 (108.5 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Lastly,Hp ground is used to hit heatran which walls the set otherwise.
: Swords dance makes mega scizor very powerful capable of sweeping teams with priority bullet punch. Bug bite is used to hit pokemon that resist bullet punch, such as water types hard. Superpower is used for heatran,ferrothorn etc. Adamant nature is used for more power.
: The speed control of the team,Buzzwole has good physical bulk letting it survive even +6 aqua jet from azumarill from full.Superpower is the main stab move on the team. Earthquake and stone edge is used as it has great coverage together hitting many pokemon for super effective damage.Ice punch lastly is used to deal better with landorus,dragonite,garchomp etc.
Did you just steal my bug team (which I have used in various tours) set for set???? LOL???

I'm not usually one to claim my team has been stolen or w/e but I feel that my bug is pretty damn unique and I think it's unlikely u happened to make this exact team by yourself

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Did you just steal my bug team (which I have used in various tours) set for set???? LOL???

I'm not usually one to claim my team has been stolen or w/e but I feel that my bug is pretty damn unique and I think it's unlikely u happened to make this exact team by yourself
Hello there, I dont steal teams let me tell you that first,
2. I dont watch tours nor do I participate in tours in monotype room where you happen to play and perhaps use bug mono.
3. I hardly know you,there is no way I stole this team. I have been using yanmega in mono bug teams and this team i came up with after coming around an outdated analysis of yanmega and previous generation core of volcarona+ yanmega. To prove- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-577239393 i have more replays.
Also i dont have time to see you fight in tours and note your team down.I understand you may have team like i posted and so you asked,but straight away saying I stole it....

Last edited:
Hello there, I dont steal teams let me tell you that first,
2. I dont watch tours nor do I participate in tours in monotype room where you happen to play and perhaps use bug mono.
3. I hardly know you,there is no way I stole this team. I have been using yanmega in mono bug teams and this team i came up with after coming around an outdated analysis of yanmega and previous generation core of volcarona+ yanmega. To prove- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-577239393 i have more replays.
Also i dont have time to see you fight in tours and note your team down.I understand you may have team like i posted and so you asked,but straight away saying I stole it....
Well I used this team in several tours such as monotype seasonal playoffs and monotype premier league so I thought you may have seen it from there. Either way, cool team!!

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Well I used this team in several tours such as monotype seasonal playoffs and monotype premier league so I thought you may have seen it from there. Either way, cool team!!
im p sure we made this like a few weeks ago lycan kinda :spooky: but w/e. Its just a rip off of my team from oras anyway

Namranan

:)))))))))))
Balance Steel Team:

I noticed that there were literally no steel teams on the sample thread and thought, "What is this?" So I decided to provide a simple balance team because I find that this team can actually be pretty beginner friendly, especially if they want to use steel.

Magearna:
Magearna is such a very strong special attacker for steel, and grants great coverage around the field as well. I use the Trick Room variant of Magearna mainly because it is far more reliable than shift gear when it comes to sweep potential. Fleur Cannon, thunderbolt, and focus blast tend to be the best moves to use on this set, but fluer can be replaced by flash cannon depending on which stab you want the most. I use a Z-crystal for fleur cannon to provide a nuke and also a free use of it without losing anything. The EV set makes Magearna bulkier and still be able to dish good damage on its foes.

Celesteela:
Celesteela provides special defense to the team in place of AV magearna so that magearna can run an offensive set, and also helps wear down opposing walls with its moves and strength. Special defense is the beast boosted stat so that celesteela can help wall bigger special threats and punish them if it gets a free kill. Leech seed is used for obvious recovery reasons, earthquake is used to punish mons like heatran that try to kill celesteela. Heavy slam is a good reliable stab move, and protect is used to check/confirm a move/set so that hard reads aren't needed.

Excadrill:
Excadrill provides great sweep potential and speed control for the team. Scarfed with mold breaker helps deter levitate users from switching in, and can force them to switch out. Excadrill uses dual stabs with rock slide for coverage and has rapid spin for some kind of hazard control. The EV's allow excadrill to sweep with ease and do it effectively.

Scizor:
Mega-Scizor is a great wincon against some types once it gets +2 set up. Light metal is used so that base scizor will take less damage from low kick or other weight based moves, and is also the most useful ability imo. Bullet Punch can tear through teams thanks to mega-scizor's technician ability, and at +2 can sweep teams that aren't resistant to it. Roost is used for recovery and u-turn is for the slow pivot option. Now to explain those strange EV's, with 16 Mega-Scizor can outspeed alola-wak and give it some damage with u-turn so it can switch into something that can handle it. This also helps with alolan-golem and can get mega-scizor out of magnet pull. The EV's in defense, special defense, and health help mega-scizor survive a little more against weaker attacks.

Skarmory:
Skarmory is a great physical tank and hazard setter and can help spread damage across a whole team. Sturdy is used to guarantee rocks and rocky helmet is used to punish those who try to make contact with skarmory. Stealth rock is used for obvious reasons, roost is for recovery, whirlwind is to spread damage (but use it at your own risk), and Brave Bird is used to make sure skarmory doesn't suffer from taunt and can apply extra damage on top of its rocky helmet. The EV spread maximizes tankiness.

Heatran:
Heatran is a staple on steel teams, without it fire would have a fun time destroying this team. Do I even need to tell you why Heatran has flash fire? Well other than granting a fire immunity it also boosts trans' fire moves, which literally means that heatran will essentially have 2x STAB on its fire moves. A balloon is used so that it can switch into scarfed eq's and also prevent ground attacks from completely destroying it. Magma storm is used because as mentioned before you essentially have a 200BP fire move after STAB and with flash fire activated, this is notably helpful in destroying mega-venusaur. Heatran also has earth power, which allows it to hit other fire types that may have just boosted its power. Stone edge is also used to help apply damage on flying types or those who are weak to the move. Taunt is used to make sure breloom and other slow status users are prevented from doing so. Heatran uses full speed and a lot of special attack investment to help increase its revenge killing power. However, it has 24 EVs on attack that despite the Timid nature on it, allows it to OHKO charizard-y and possibly volcarona with stone edge.

Ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn allows the team to deal with water ground types better and potentially spread heals around. Ferrothorn runs lefties so that paired with leech seed it can get quite a bit of health back, and maintains healthy passive recovery. Power whip is used to deal with most water ground types like swampert and seismitoad. Ferrothorn also uses protect for similar reasons why celesteela uses it, and spikes is used for extra pressure on switch ins. The spread for ferrothorn allows it to have good dual defenses.

Additional notes:
- There is no hazard control on this team as of right now, scizor or skarmory can run defog if the user wants hazard removal.
- Ferrothorn does not have gyro ball because spikes is typically nicer to have on balance, but even I miss it at times.
- Protect completely optional to have if you feel like you can read well or if you don't need time to recover some of your health on celesteela and ferrothorn, so it is up to the user if they want to get rid of it or not.

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 128 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

EDIT: Tyke changes have been made, feel free to post!

Last edited:
Offensive Electric

Golem-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Surf
- Grass Knot

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Alolan Golem: Alolan Golem is essential to any Electric team with its great physically offensive presence and access to Stealth Rock. Focus Sash is very nice for it to guarantee Stealth Rock most of the time, but Air Balloon is an alternative that can be helpful when dealing with Mega Charizard X. Stone Edge and Return are the standard STAB moves. Earthquake is the coverage option used to hit Steel types like Excadrill and Heatran for solid damage. However, Explosion can be an alternative in order to sacrifice it so that nothing can Rapid Spin or Defog the Stealth Rock away.

Tapu Koko: Tapu Koko is another essential Pokemon to any Electric team. Life Orb is a nice item to increase the power of all its moves, but Magnet is a nice alternative to boost your Electric type attacks without taking recoil damage each turn. Thunderbolt is generally solid STAB, and Volt Switch is nice for pivoting. Dazzling Gleam helps out a lot against Dragon types like Kyurem-Black and Latios, as well as Fighting types like Kommo-o and Breloom. Finally, Hidden Power Ice is used to OHKO Ground types like Garchomp and Landorus-Therian, as well as Dragon types like Dragonite and Salamence.

Alolan Raichu: Alolan Raichu is the team's best speed control option and one of the team's only ways of getting past Mega Venusaur. Under Tapu Koko's Electric Terrain, it can outspeed the entire boosted metagame. Thunderbolt and Psychic are the basic STAB moves. Psychic is used over Psyshock simply to hit Mega Venusaur for more damage. Grass Knot is important for hitting Ground types like Hippowdon, Gastrodon, Seismitoad, and Swampert. Finally, Focus Blast is used to hit Excadrill, Heatran, and Ferrothorn. However, Surf is an alternative that can be used to hit the Landoruses and to hit Excadrill and Heatran more consistently.

Rotom-Wash: Rotom-Wash is incredibly important as a physical wall and great check to many threatening Ground types like Garchomp, Hippowdon, Excadrill, and Scarf Landorus-Therian. Hydro Pump and Volt Switch are the basic STAB moves, with Volt Switch really helping the team keep up momentum. Will-O-Wisp is essential for crippling physical attackers. Finally, Pain Split is used as a decent form of sustain.

Zapdos: Zapdos is another important Pokemon to have thanks to being a solid special wall, hazard remover, and Ground immunity. Discharge is the preferred STAB which really helps with its high paralysis chance. Roost and Defog are essential for reliable sustain and hazard removal respectively. Finally, Toxic is used to wear other walls down.

Magnezone: Magnezone functions as our special wallbreaker and solid check to the annoyance that is Ferrothorn. 128 Speed EVs are used to outspeed bulky Mega Scizor variants. Flash Cannon is the standard Steel STAB that can 2HKO Mega Venusaur, which is a major threat to the team, as well as hitting Ice types like Piloswine who are immune to Electric. Thunderbolt is nice for consistent Electric STAB, and Volt Switch allows it to provide momentum to the team. Finally, Hidden Power Fire is essential for hitting Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Choice-locked Excadrills that are trapped into Rock Slide.

Edit: Implemented changes

Last edited:
Offensive Charizard X Fire

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Will-O-Wisp
- Lava Plume

Volcanion @ Air Balloon
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Charizard Mega X- As you all may know Charizard-X is one of the best and particularly in my opinion is the best for fire with Torkoal obtaining a new ability Drought over the previous abilities. The addition of sun is no longer needed to boost up the fire statistics for your typical fire team. Charizard is a very good wallbreaker as well as a great sweeper with access to Dragon Dance and Tough Claws boosted Dragon Claw. The team revolves around removing threats in order for Charizard to sweep the opposing team. It is better than Charizard Y because at 100 base speed Charizard Y gets OHKOed by a majority of the upper speed tier, making its main role a wallbreaker. Charizard X can execute as both a wallbreaker with powerful stab and a sweeper.

Infernape- This set is a pure, a takedown threat set, with the perks of Infernapes ability to taunt to make slower pokemon attack as well as the Close Combat we all love that assist in handling normal Scarf deals with normal which Charizard likes help dealing with to wallbreak and rock, as it outspeeds scarf nihilego and is only walled by healthy rhyperior.

Torkoal- Spinner, sets up sun to boost fire moves, also dishes out rocks for other teams and lastly punishes most physical attackers that try to set up on it.

Volcanion- Dismantles water cores which are hard for Charizard X to break, as Azumarill completely walls it. Balloon helps as the team with the exception of char x unmegad is grounded.

Volcarona- Very useful late game sweeper as a back up to Charizard X as it acts as both wallbreaker and sweeper, utilizes its great movepool coverage and Quiver Dance to make sweeping easy, there is not much fire and dragon tough claws stab cant break, however this option is helpful in taking down threats even in a non sweep situation.

Heatran- Toxapex, Toxapex. Not only does this set deal with toxapex but as well as many other walls that ususally stay in on heatran in order to get rocks up, defog, etc.

Revised.

Last edited:

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Mach Punch

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Will-O-Wisp
- Lava Plume

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance

Heatran @ Steelium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 76 SpA / 180 SpD
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
- Lava Plume

Charizard Mega X- As you all may know Charizard-X is one of the best and particularly in my opinion is the best for fire with Torkoal obtaining a new ability Drought over the previous abilities. The addition of sun is no longer needed to boost up the fire statistics for your typical fire team. Charizard is a very good wallbreaker as well as a great sweeper with access to Dragon Dance and Tough Claws boosted Dragon Claw. The team revolves around removing threats in order for Charizard to sweep the opposing team. It is better than Charizard Y because at 100 base speed Charizard Y gets OHKOed by a majority of the upper speed tier, making its main role a wallbreaker. Charizard X can execute as both a wallbreaker with powerful stab and a sweeper.

Infernape- This set is a pure, a takedown threat set, with the perks of Infernapes ability to taunt to make slower pokemon attack as well as the Close Combat we all love that assist in handling normal. Priority-less pokemon faster than infernape, these revenge killers get taken down with a combination of sash-endeavor-mach.

Torkoal- Spinner, sets up sun to boost fire moves, also dishes out rocks for other teams and lastly punishes most physical attackers that try to set up on it.

Volcanion- Volcanions amazing ability to dish our pain contributes to the usefulness of the Assualt Vest as it does not particularly need boosting. The role of this volcanion is to dismantle water as many swift swim teams are as a result choiced to buff their attacks to the maximum. It is very useful against many teams simply for the fact that many teams use water type pokemon and Volcanion absolutely shuts them down. Gastro, seis, and other pokemon Char-Y used to handle are handled with Volcanion.

Volcarona- Very useful late game sweeper as a back up to Charizard X as it acts as both wallbreaker and sweeper, utilizes its great movepool coverage and Quiver Dance to make sweeping easy.

Heatran- The oddball out of the group, when I was testing multiple teams there was a pokemon that easily swept my teams if the opponent was good enough. Nihilego, which majority of the time runs scarf, made rock and poison much harder for me, the steelium Z flash cannon was made to revenge kill this monster. Heatran also helps out with the normal matchup with toxic and can scout scarf users with protect, which also helps out the toxic stall process.

Open to much criticism.
I'm trying to wrap my head around that Volcanion. Max HP max Special Defense with a Timid nature and 1 Attack IV? It honestly looks really confusing. And Heatran doesn't need Steelium Z to beat Nihilego when Earth Power can do it just fine. Scarf Infernape may be nicer for your team since it does seem really weak to Tapu Koko. Volcarona can also do nicely with a more offensive item like Lum Berry or Firium Z and Fire Blast over Fiery Dance for more immediate damage.​

Hyper Offense Steel

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Skarmory @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Magearna @ Choice Specs
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Excadrill: Excadrill serves as the team's main form of speed control, greatly benefitting the team in tough matchups like Fire and Electric. Earthquake and Iron Head are the basic STAB moves. Rock Slide is used to hit Flying types like Mega Charizard Y and Zapdos who would wall it otherwise. Finally, Rapid Spin is used for emergency hazard removal.

Mega Scizor: Mega Scizor is one of the team's setup sweepers, doing very nicely in matchups like Psychic, Dark, and especially Grass. Bug Bite and Bullet Punch are the go-to STAB moves. The last move is Superpower in order to hit Steel types like Heatran and Magnezone as well as Normal types like Chansey and Porygon2.

Skarmory: Skarmory is the team's suicide lead. With Stealth Rock and Spikes, it can apply serious pressure to balanced and offensive teams. Weak Armor is used over Sturdy in order to have its Speed doubled whenever it's hit. Taunt is nice for stopping opposing hazard leads and potential Defoggers. Finally, Brave Bird is the strongest Flying STAB that can also be used to suicide itself from its Focus Sash to make sure nothing Rapid Spins away the hazards.

Heatran: Heatran is the most important Pokemon to any Steel team, and on this team it's running the standard offensive set. 24 Attack EVs with a Timid nature guarantees the OHKO against Mega Charizard Y with Stone Edge. Stone Edge is also nice for Volcarona. Earth Power is used to hit Poison types like Toxapex and Nihilego. Taunt is a nice way of stopping pesky walls from recovering such as Chansey, Porygon2, and Toxapex. Fire Blast is the preferred Fire STAB due to its extra power.

Magearna: Magearna is another mandatory asset to any Steel team, and this one is serving as a Choice Specs wallbreaker. 140 Speed EVs are used to outspeed Mega Venusaur. Flash Cannon and Fleur Cannon are the basic STAB moves. Aura Sphere is important coverage for hitting Heatran and Excadrill. Finally, Thunderbolt is used to hit Mantine and Toxapex.

Bisharp: Bisharp does a great job of pressuring Defoggers, giving it an opportunity to sweep late-game. Swords Dance is mandatory for its setup. Iron Head is the standard Steel STAB. Knock Off is the most consistent Dark STAB that can also remove items. Finally, Sucker Punch is used for priority to mitigate its otherwise mediocre speed.

Edit: Implemented changes

Edit: Implemented second set of changes

Last edited:
Offensive Dark
Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
Edit: Implemented the changes
Edit: Fixed up the team and is ready for re-evaluation
I still don't think this offensive Dark build works, or at the very least I don't feel it's representative of the meta.

You have many Hyper Offensive sets, but yet a mandibuzz. It's not really bulky offense either: no tyranitar or alola muk. I'm just not comfortable with this build, sorry.

Rejected.

Offensive Hazard Stack Team

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Stealth Rock

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Recover

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Acid Armor
- Scald
- Recover

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Edit: Updated with changes
This still has the same problems I initially noted, in that it features a Hyper Offensive Froslass set on what looks like a largely balanced team. And again, Hyper Offense or even offensive Ghost is niche at best.

Rejected.

Balanced Ground
Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Roar

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab
- Outrage

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
- Earthquake

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
I missed the update on this team after my first look over. Gliscor > Lando-T does make it more balanced, but I'm not sure it's sample material.

Rejected.

Offensive Rock

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Tailwind

Omastar @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shell Smash

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Nihilego @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
While I respect trying to experiment with shuckle-less rock, such experiments aren't really representative of the meta and thus suitable for the sample thread.

Rejected.

Hyper Offense Ice

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Ninetales-Alola @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
- Encore

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard

Sandslash-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
I do like elements of this team more than the current ice sample (which you also submited), specifically the sash Mamoswine + Alola Sandslash for speed control.

That said, I do not like Icy Rock over Light Clay on Ninetales, or Oblivious over Thick Fat on Mamoswine, even on a lead set. I also feel like the team needs some kind of cleaner, maybe SD on Alola Slash or Weavile, though I understand that's hard to fit on.

I'll give it some more thought, but make the above changes in the meantime.

Approved, pending the above changes.

Balanced Psychic Team:

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Defog

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Counter
I'm not comfortable with this team. You sorta auto-lose to bug when your fastest mon is slower than Scarf Heracross: the team has really poor speed control. I'd consider going Choice Scarf on Tini and replace Gardevoir with Meloetta or even Gothitelle to remove checks to Mega Slowbro.

Rejected.

Offensive Bug Team:

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sticky Web

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
Cool team. I can see why Lycan and Sabella used it.

That said, Idt it's great for the samples, like most good tourney teams. Psych-Z is some pretty specific tech and Yanmega isn't as good as last gen with the fall of Water and Fighting IMO.

Rejected.

Balance Steel Team:

I noticed that there were literally no steel teams on the sample thread and thought, "What is this?" So I decided to provide a simple balance team because I find that this team can actually be pretty beginner friendly, especially if they want to use steel.
Magearna @ Fairium Z
Quiet Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Protect

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 128 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes
  • I'm not a fan of Celesteela + Skarmory + Ferrothorn. Replace either Ferrothorn or Celesteela (IMO) with Scarf Excadrill to also give your team some speed control.
  • Use Aura Sphere on Magearna.
  • Use Lava PLume > Magma Storm on the Heatran.
Approved, pending re-evaluation with these changes.

Offensive Electric

Golem-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Galvanize
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
  • IMO drop Focus Blast on Raichu-A if you have Magnezone, since that traps and takes out Ferrothorn anyways. Surf, Volt Switch, Hidden Power [Ice] are good replacement moves.
  • Run more speed on Magnezone, you want to at least outspeed Mega Scizor, Mega Venusaur, and AV Magearna. 184 is a better minimum.
  • Heat Wave > Toxic on Zapdos
  • Run 248 HP on Rotom-Wash and put the remaining 8 EVs into Speed.
  • I'd consider using Zap Plate Tapu Koko with U-turn over either Volt Switch or Dazzling Gleam.
Approved, pending re-evaluation after these changes are made.

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Will-O-Wisp
- Lava Plume

Volcanion @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Revised.
This looks almost exactly like the existing Fire sample that smub submitted here but with Volcanion instead of Rotom-Heat and some faintly worse sets (Leftovers heatran, Lum Volcarona, Wisp Torkoal).

I saw earlier that you posted this team looking for feedback, and while that's advisable when teambuilding this thread isn't the place to seek criticism. This project is for submitting tested and proven viable teams to create a resource for new players. If you want advice for teams, I suggest asking on the RMT Forums, on the Monotype Discord, or in the Monotype Chatroom on Showdown.

Rejected.

Hyper Offense Steel

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Skarmory @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Quiet Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
  • Fire Blast > Magma Storm on Heatran, IMO
  • Also I'm not sure Doublade is necessary, even for managing Fighting. Bisharp could offer more.
  • Your team is lacking any strong wallbreakers as well.
I'll test with it more.

Pending.

I know there's already a normal team and another accepted one but frankly there's the same serious issue with both of those teams that makes me want to submit this to call attention to the problem. The current sample's fastest mon is PZ (it might've been before pidge idk), and the submitted one is only accepted on the condition it removes Ditto, which opens it up to a wide variety of threats both because Mega Pidgeot is its only speed control and because a lot of setup sweepers become scarier. I don't think it's optimal for a Normal team to be so slow and weak, so while this might not exactly be the standard (no P2) it's had success in various tours and I'd feel like a hypocrite if I called out the Normal teams and then couldn't provide an example of what I feel is more optimal (not being so slow in the first place). If you don't want it accepted that's fine, but I'd at least take another look at the other Normal team.
Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Staraptor @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- Feather Dance

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Conversion
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Quick Attack
Thanks for the suggestions: I'm always open to feedback on existing samples!

I definitely see what you mean looking back over these teams about the poor speed control. It could put a lot of unnecessary pressure on the defensive core. I appreciate you also including a submission of your own, so I'll give it a look.
  • Jolly Diggersby seems eh, there isn't that much in that speed tier you lose out on and the offensive gains too potent to give up IMO.
  • Is PorygonZ supposed to be Shadow Ball Conversion but just hiccupped in the teambuilder?
  • I'm not a fan of Feather Dance Staraptor, especially since you have a Ditto to dissuade set up anyways.
I personally haven't played with Normal w/o Porygon2 this gen, so I'm not comfortable judging your team quite yet. So I'll test some more and consult with others.

Pending.

---

The following teams are Approved and have been added to the OP:
The following teams are Approved Pending Changes:
The following teams are Pending further testing or evaluation:

Last edited:
Hyper Offense Flying

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Tailwind

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Defog

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot

Celesteela @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Aerodactyl: Aerodactyl is our hazard setter and suicide lead. Taunt is used to stop opposing hazard setters, which is extremely important for Flying teams. Tailwind is nice for doubling the team's speed and giving our wallbreakers and sweepers some cleaning potential. Finally, Stone Edge is used as general strong Rock STAB.

Mega Charizard Y: Mega Charizard Y is the team's special wallbreaker. Fire Blast is the preferred Fire STAB due to its extra power, but Flamethrower can be ran if you want more consistency. Solar Beam is important coverage for hitting Water and Ground types like Hippowdon, Seismitoad, and Swampert. Focus Blast is also vital coverage for hitting Heatran, Kyurem-Black, and Hydreigon. Finally, Defog is used for emergency hazard removal. However, Tailwind serves as a decent alternative to give it and the rest of the team more cleaning potential.

Dragonite: Dragonite is the team's physical wallbreaker. Outrage is the standard Dragon STAB. Fire Punch is important for hitting Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, Skarmory, and Celesteela. Superpower is also important for hitting Chansey and Porygon2, as well as Heatran. Finally, Extreme Speed is fantastic for revenge killing threats like Greninja, Mega Sharpedo, and Weavile.

Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian is serving as the team's speed control with its Choice Scarf, capable of outspeeding and removing key threats like Tapu Koko and Choice Scarf Xurkitree. Earthquake is the basic Ground STAB. Stone Edge is used for strong coverage to hit Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona. Knock Off is used to remove items and make Normal's Eviolite core easier to deal with. Finally, U-turn is used to pivot and generate momentum.

Thundurus-Therian: Thundurus-Therian serves as the team's second special wallbreaker with Nasty Plot. Thunderbolt is the basic Electric STAB. Focus Blast is essential coverage for hitting Kyurem-Black and Tyranitar. Finally, Hidden Power Ice is used to nail Dragon types like Dragonite and Salamence.

Celesteela: Celesteela is important as the team's check to Nihilego. Heavy Slam is the basic Steel STAB. Earthquake is important coverage for hitting Toxapex and Tapu Koko. Fire Blast is great coverage for hitting Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Skarmory. Finally, Rock Slide is used as nice coverage to make sure it isn't setup bait for Volcarona, while also hitting Mega Charizard Y and Zapdos.

Last edited:
Offensive Dragon

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Salamence @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Garchomp: Garchomp is the team's Stealth Rocker and physical tank. 92 Speed EVs are used to outspeed Jolly base 70's like Breloom and Bisharp. Toxic is nice for slowly wearing down opposing tanks/walls. Earthquake is the standard Ground STAB. Finally, Fire Blast is used to hit the aforementioned Breloom, as well as Skarmory and Mega Scizor. However, Toxic can be used over it to wear down opposing walls.

Dragalge: Dragalge is our Toxic Spiker and check towards threatening Fairies like Tapu Koko, Tapu Fini, and Azumarill. Draco Meteor and Sludge Wave are the strongest STAB moves. Finally, Hidden Power Fire is used to hit Magearna more consistently than Focus Blast, which is much more important than hitting Heatran.

Latios: Latios is the team's main form of speed control. Draco Meteor and Psychic are the strongest STAB moves. Trick is used to cripple important walls like Chansey and Porygon2. Finally, Hidden Power Fire is used to hit Magearna, Mega Scizor, and Ferrothorn.

Salamence: Salamence is the team's setup sweeper/wincon. With the Dragonium Z, it's capable of breaking through troublesome threats like Mega Venusaur, Gliscor, and Mega Slowbro. Outrage is its strongest Dragon STAB. Fire Fang is important coverage for hitting Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory. Finally, Earthquake is used to hit Heatran, Tapu Koko, and Toxapex.

Kyurem-Black: Kyurem-Black serves as the team's mixed wallbreaker. Ice Beam is its best Ice STAB. Earth Power is important coverage for hitting Heatran and Magearna. Fusion Bolt allows it to hit Celesteela and Pelipper. Finally, Outrage is used as general powerful Dragon STAB.

Dragonite: Dragonite serves as the team's special wallbreaker and revenge killer with Extreme Speed. Outrage is the standard Dragon STAB. Fire Punch is to hit Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Skarmory. Superpower is important for hitting Chansey and Porygon2. Finally, Extreme Speed is used to revenge kill threats like Greninja and Weavile.

Last edited:

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
Offensive Bug Team

Heracross @ Heracronite
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Megahorn

This is a hyper offensive team built around Mega Heracross.Scolipede on the team patches up for speed control and deals better with threats with earthquake and rock slide, it also functions decently outside of sticky web support.
The team has galvantula and armaldo to provide support in the form of hazards such as sticky web ,stealth rock and also hazard removal in armaldo.
: Mega Hercacross is the wall breaker of the team has it has a monstrous attack stat and a very good ability in skill link followed by a complimentary movepool to skill link,Mega heracross threatens slow and bulky builds and is very hard to switch into for the opponent. The set you see here is all out attacker set with close combat and pin missile being it main stab moves and rock blast provides coverage vs slower fire and flying types such as torkoal,celesteela,zapdos etc. Swords dance turns mega heracross into an amazing wall breaker and a true threat to bulky defensive teams.Adamant nature is used for more power.
: Volcarona is the special wall breaker and set up sweeper of the team. With firium z and quiver dance it can do massive damage to walls or pokemon that resists its move and break past them.Hp ground is for fire types such as heatran,Hp ground on volcarona helps to sweep steel teams.Giga drain is used for water,rock and ground types and it also heals.
: Galvantula is the sticky web user of the team, it has life orb to ensure that it hits harder with its moves. hp ice is used for pokemon such as garchomp,landorus etc. While energy ball on the set deals with bulky water types such as swampert,gastradon,seimitoad etc. Thunder is nice move to spam as its accuracy is boosted by compound eyes ability and has a nifty 30% chance to paralyze foe.
: Armaldo is the stealth rock setter and rapid spinner of the team. It is made specially bulky so that it lives one fire blast from Mega charizard Y in sun and can OHKO it with stone edge. Knock off is used for utility purpose.
: Banded scizor is used to hit hard right off the bat.Banded scizor especially helps vs rock types or to clean late game with banded bullet punch. Superpower on the set is for heatran,ferrothron etc. U-turn allows to regain momentum and to bring in a teammate safely. Knock off is used to cripple item reliant pokemon and can be used early in battle.Adamant nature is used for more power.
: Scolipede is the speed control of the team as it has the ability speed boost. Protect is used to get a guaranteed speed boost. Poison jab is our reliable coverage move on the set that helsp in taking out fairy types for the team.Mega horn as a stab attack hits very hard. life orb and adamant nature is used for more power. Earthquake is used for grounded steel types.

Edited: Implemented changes

Last edited:
Balanced Psychic
Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost
- Thunderbolt/Psyshock

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock/Grass Knot
- Slack Off

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 108 SpD / 148 Spe or 252 HP / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off/Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Trick
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Counter
- Shadow Ball/Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Slowbro-Mega : Fairly easy mon to use and pretty straight-forward. It walls pretty much every Physical Attacker and sets up to sweep while tanking Special Attackers better. The spread allows it to avoid a 2HKO from up to LO Diggersby's Return while bolstering it's average Special Defense. Grass Knot can be run over Psyshock to OHKo Sharpedo after Rocks/at +1.
Victini : Very important Wallbreaker for Psychic. It allows you to break mons like Alolan-Muk and Chansey, which pose a threat to Psychic. Furthermore, it is able to check one of the biggest threats to Psychic which is Volcarona, OHKO'ing most relevant sets bar Focus Sash. Choice Scarf is used to outspeed Scarf Heracross but a Band set can be used to break Normal Monos more at those cost of being more susceptible to ScarfCross.
Latios : Another prominent Wallbreaker but on the Special side. Allows for you to dent many teams as Draco Meteor is not easy to switch into while being a relatively safe switch-in to most Electric Types and Landorus-I which can pose a problem. It also has Defog to get rid of hazards for the team.
Alakazam : Sash Counter Zam is probably Psychic's best check to Sharpedo and Scolipede. Magic Guard allows you to pretty easily preserve your Sash to maintain your Counter. It also acts as a blanket check to many mons as it is usually guaranteed to live at least 1 hit and can hit back quite hard. I would say it works for Alolan-Muk as well but it can be played around quite easily if they have Fire Blast, which is increasing in usage.
Mew + Jirachi: These two are pretty much staples for Balanced Psychic. Mew offers useful utility such as Taunt, Knock Off and Wisp which can support the team greatly. Jirachi is essential as a Bug Neutrality and a Stealth Rock to take pressure off Mew while adding Thunder Wave support which is useful for stuff like Scarf Heracross. The Duo is also capable of pulling off a VoltTurn core which can be helpful in pivoting and gaining momentum for Latios and Tini. An Alternative spread can be used for Mew to outspeed Mimikyu and Burn/Taunt before it can use Shadow Claw/Swords Dance.

Last edited:
Hyper Offense Normal

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Nuzzle

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Defog

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge

Smeargle: Smeargle is essential to hyper offense Normal teams as their hazard setter. Stealth Rock and Sticky Web allow the opposing team to be easily chipped away and slowed down. Spore gives it better opportunities to put up its hazards. Finally, Nuzzle is used to paralyze opposing leads and cripple them with paralysis, allowing the rest of the team to outspeed them.

Ditto: Ditto serves as an easy blanket check to various threats like Terrakion, Azumarill, and Mega Scizor.

Diggersby: Diggersby serves as the team's obligatory physical wallbreaker. Frustration is its strongest Normal STAB. Earthquake is the standard Ground STAB. Quick Attack is for priority, making it an effective revenge killer. Finally, Fire Punch is to make sure we aren't walled by Skarmory and Celesteela.

Meloetta: Meloetta is the team's special wallbreaker. A Modest nature is used for the extra power. Psyshock is the Psychic STAB used to nail special walls like Chansey and Mantine. Focus Blast is important for hitting Heatran and Ferrothorn. Hyper Voice is consistent Normal STAB, but Dazzling Gleam can be ran over it if you want to hit Mega Sableye and Mandibuzz. Lastly, Shadow Ball is nice for hitting Ghosts like Alolan Marowak and Mimikyu.

Mega Pidgeot: Mega Pidgeot serves as another form of speed control, as well as a revenge killer. Hurricane is its best Flying STAB. Heat Wave is essential coverage for hitting Skarmory and Mega Scizor. U-turn is great for pivoting and generating momentum. Finally, Defog is used for emergency hazard removal.

Staraptor: Staraptor is another revenge killer for the team with its Choice Scarf. Brave Bird and Double-Edge are the STAB moves used to take advantage of its Reckless ability. Close Combat is overall solid coverage for Ferrothorn and Heatran. Finally, U-turn is used to pivot and generate momentum.

Last edited:
Hyper Offense Normal

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Magic Coat

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Conversion

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge

Smeargle: Smeargle is essential to hyper offense Normal teams as their hazard setter. Stealth Rock and Sticky Web allow the opposing team to be easily chipped away and slowed down. Spore gives it better opportunities to put up its hazards. Finally, Magic Coat is used to bounce back opposing hazards as well as Taunts from leads like Cobalion and Deoxys-Speed.

Porygon-Z: Porygon-Z is the team's main wincon with Z-Conversion. Adaptability is used to increase the power of its Ghost STAB after using Z-Conversion, but Download is also nice to potentially get an extra boost in Special Attack before converting. Shadow Ball is the first move in the set in order to transform into a Ghost type, and to give it amazing sweeping potential in the Psychic matchup. BoltBeam coverage does amazing against Flying teams, while also being beneficial against Dragon, Ground, and Water.

Diggersby: Diggersby serves as the team's obligatory physical wallbreaker. Frustration is its strongest Normal STAB. Earthquake is the standard Ground STAB. Quick Attack is for priority, as well as having a high chance of picking off Alolan Raichu after Stealth Rock damage. Finally, Fire Punch is to make sure we aren't walled by Skarmory and Celesteela.

Meloetta: Meloetta is the team's special wallbreaker. A Timid nature lets it outrun Mamoswine and Gyarados, but a Modest nature is also effective for extra power. Psyshock is the Psychic STAB used to nail special walls like Chansey and Mantine. Focus Blast is important for hitting Heatran and Ferrothorn. Hyper Voice is consistent Normal STAB, but Dazzling Gleam can be ran over it if you want to hit Mega Sableye and Mandibuzz. Lastly, Shadow Ball is nice for hitting Ghosts like Alolan Marowak and Mimikyu.

Mega Pidgeot: Mega Pidgeot serves as another form of speed control, as well as a revenge killer. Hurricane is its best Flying STAB. Heat Wave is essential coverage for hitting Skarmory and Mega Scizor. U-turn is great for pivoting and generating momentum. Finally, Tailwind is used for extra speed control to give the team's wallbreakers a boost.

Staraptor: Staraptor is another revenge killer for the team with its Choice Scarf. Brave Bird and Double-Edge are the STAB moves used to take advantage of its Reckless ability. Close Combat is overall solid coverage for Ferrothorn and Heatran. Finally, U-turn is used to pivot and generate momentum.
Been trying out this team a lot so far. It autoloses to SD mega scizor or choice band scizor though and it's really hard to not let it set up as you inevitably get locked into something unfavorable like diggersby frustration (god I wish mega lop was out so I could fire punch it to hell), and the team really dislikes hazards (breaks sash, destroys birds, weakens everything into SD bullet punch range rip).

Been trying out this team a lot so far. It autoloses to SD mega scizor or choice band scizor though and it's really hard to not let it set up as you inevitably get locked into something unfavorable like diggersby frustration (god I wish mega lop was out so I could fire punch it to hell), and the team really dislikes hazards (breaks sash, destroys birds, weakens everything into SD bullet punch range rip).
I'd maybe try running electric PZ, by putting thunderbolt as first move and replacing another move with hp fire. This would also probably need a change from adaptability to download. With this PZ set, you could potentially sweep before scizor gets a chance. Electric resists bullet punch as well, and helps u kill celesteela. Hp fire for the obvious. I haven't tried it out yet but I recommend it if you like the team and would like a better mu vs steel.

Hyper Offensive Flying Team:

Aerodactyl:
A common mon in HO flying because of its great lead capabilities. With Taunt it can prevent rocks from being laid on your side of the field, and allow aerodactyl to lay its own. Pressure is used to punish recovery heavy mons (i.e Mega venusaur) in case aerodactyl is forced out. Double-edge helps assure that tailwind or its rocks stay on the field and allow an option to pivot. It is equipped with a focus sash so that it can put rocks down indefinitely because of its great speed tier. The EV's allow aerodactyl to apply a decent amount of damage with double-edge so that it can faint itself, and so we take advantage of aero's great speed tier.

Dragonite:
A great wallbreaker for flying to have when it is equipped with choice band. If aero gets tailwind down it is sure to help sweep some teams that have some semi decent walls or to stop other sweepers. Multiscale is the obvious ability to increase survivability on powerful attacks. Outrage, fire punch, and superpower help create a diverse movepool that will help against a majority of the metagame. Extreme speed is used to kill weakened enemys that are not immune to it and acts as a type of clean up sweep. The Ev's on dragonite make sure that it can outspeed most slow sweepers and walls and maximize its wall-breaking power.
Charizard-Y:
Charizard-Y is a staple for offensive flying teams because of its utility in drought and its great movepool. Flamethrower is used to make sure that you will hit a powerful stab attack and reliably sweep teams. Solar beam and focus blast are great powerful coverage moves, and roost is to have some optional recovery. EV's help maximize its special power and speed.
Landorus-T:
Landorus-t is another great snowball sweeper once it gets double dance off, with +2 180BP Continental Crush, Lando can take care of a lot of walls like mandibuzz, most celesteela variants, and Mega-Venusaur. Once it has +2 it can also take care of toxapex and other grounded threats with Earthquake. Intimidate helps quite a bit against other offensive threats and can potentially force a switch out of the opponent.
Thundurus-T:
Thundurus-T is a great scarfed special attacker with great coverage for the team, it specializes in revenge killing and cleanup sweeping. Sludge Wave helps take care of grass and non steel fairies, most notably OHKOing and outspeeding Tapu Koko. Volt Switch is a great stab move that can help pivot when it is in trouble and can be used to secure kills with no risk. Hidden Power Ice helps destroy garchomp and other mons that are super-vulnerable to ice, and grass knot helps the ground matchup and can OHKO Mega-swampert. The EV's help maximize its special power and speed much like Charizard-Y.
Celesteela:
Celesteela is being used as a specially bulky mixed attacker with a special bias. AV helps celesteela prevent a nihilego from sweeping and can punish nihilego as well, it can do this while still keeping up the offensive pressure that its team is trying to exert. Heavy Slam and earthquake help deal with the important threat of nihilego and help with other mons weak to those moves, otherwise flamethrower and giga drain are good special moves that provide good coverage to deal with most types in the meta. The Boosted Stat is Special Attack so that Celesteela can not suffer from getting burned and still has power in store if something burns it.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Tailwind
- Double-Edge

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Fire Punch

Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Hyper Offense Flying

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Tailwind

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Defog

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Aerodactyl: Aerodactyl is our hazard setter and suicide lead. Taunt is used to stop opposing hazard setters, which is extremely important for Flying teams. Tailwind is nice for doubling the team's speed and giving our wallbreakers and sweepers some cleaning potential. Finally, Double-Edge is used to suicide itself from its Focus Sash to make sure nothing can Rapid Spin or Defog away the Stealth Rock.

Mega Charizard Y: Mega Charizard Y is the team's special wallbreaker. Fire Blast is the preferred Fire STAB due to its extra power, but Flamethrower can be ran if you want more consistency. Solar Beam is important coverage for hitting Water and Ground types like Hippowdon, Seismitoad, and Swampert. Focus Blast is also vital coverage for hitting Heatran, Kyurem-Black, and Hydreigon. Finally, Defog is used for emergency hazard removal. However, Tailwind serves as a decent alternative to give it and the rest of the team more cleaning potential.

Dragonite: Dragonite is the team's physical wallbreaker. Outrage is the standard Dragon STAB. Fire Punch is important for hitting Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, Skarmory, and Celesteela. Superpower is also important for hitting Chansey and Porygon2, as well as Heatran. Finally, Extreme Speed is fantastic for revenge killing threats like Greninja, Mega Sharpedo, and Weavile.

Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian is serving as the team's wincon with a double dancing set. With the Rockium Z, it's capable of breaking through many of its checks such as Skarmory, Gliscor, and Mega Venusaur. Earthquake is the standard Ground STAB. Swords Dance and Rock Polish are the boosting moves used for it to sweep late-game. Finally, Stone Edge is the base move for the Continental Crush, and when paired with Earthquake, it forms near perfect neutral coverage.

Thundurus-Therian: Thundurus-Therian serves as the team's speed control. Thunderbolt is its most powerful Electric STAB. Volt Switch is great for pivoting and generating momentum. Focus Blast is essential coverage for hitting Heatran, Hydreigon, and Kyurem-Black. Finally, Hidden Power Ice is used to hit Garchomp, Dragonite, Landorus, and Salamence.

Celesteela: Celesteela is important as the team's check to Nihilego. Flash Cannon is its best special Steel STAB. Flamethrower is important coverage for hitting Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. Giga Drain gives it some slight recovery, while also hitting Hippowdon, Seismitoad, and Swampert. Finally, Hidden Power Ice is used to target Garchomp and Landorus

You deserve a slow clap for this :/

Offensive Swift Swim Water

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Hydro Pump

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Pelipper: Pelipper is pretty much essential to Swift Swim Water teams thanks to its access to Drizzle, as well as hazard removal and solid pivoting. 144 Speed EVs are used to outspeed Mega Venusaur. Hurricane is great STAB that has perfect accuracy in rain. U-turn is great for pivoting and generating momentum. Defog is nice for hazard removal. Finally, Roost is to give it sustain.

Mega Swampert: Mega Swampert is the Stealth Rocker and Electric immunity for the team. A Jolly nature is to outspeed Scarfers like Terrakion and Infernape in rain, as well as to outspeed +1 Salamence and Volcarona. Waterfall and Earthquake are overall great STAB moves to have. Stone Edge is used to hit Araquanid and Mantine. Finally, Stealth Rock is great for chipping away at the opponent each time they switch out.

Kingdra: Kingdra functions as the team's special wallbreaker. Hydro Pump is our strongest STAB under rain. Surf is a more consistent STAB for when Hydro Pump's power isn't needed. Draco Meteor is its most powerful Dragon STAB. Finally, Ice Beam lets it hit Tapu Bulu and Cradily.

Gyarados: Gyarados functions as the team's setup sweeper and main check towards Mega Venusaur. Dragon Dance is its mandatory setup move. Waterfall is its best Water STAB. Bounce, alongside the Flyinium Z, lets it check Mega Venusaur, Tapu Bulu, and Kommo-o. Finally, Earthquake is solid coverage for hitting Tapu Koko and Magnezone.

Greninja:
Greninja is our main source of speed control outside of rain. Dark Pulse can let it hit Psychic types like Jirachi and Mew. Ice Beam is essential coverage for Tapu Bulu, Garchomp, and Dragonite. Extrasensory is great for checking Mega Venusaur, as well as Keldeo and Toxapex. Finally, Hydro Pump is our most powerful attack, especially under rain.

Azumarill: Azumarill is the team's physical wallbreaker that can also function as a revenge killer with Aqua Jet. Waterfall is solid Water STAB. Aqua Jet is amazing for priority and for revenge killing. Play Rough is its best Fairy STAB. Finally, Superpower is important coverage for hitting Chansey and Ferrothorn.

Last edited:
Before I post this team, I am well aware that this is the 3rd Ice team that I've submitted to this thread. However, the first 2 submissions I made didn't feature one of Ice's largest assets in the metagame: Cloyster. Hopefully this build will still be up for consideration.

Offensive Ice

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Outrage

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Encore

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Avalanche
- Roar

Cloyster @ Waterium Z
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

Lapras @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Kyurem-Black: Kyurem-Black serves as the main form of speed control for the team, outspeeding threatening Scarfers like Heracross and Excadrill, as well as Porygon-Z after a Z-Conversion. Fusion Bolt is mandatory coverage for hitting Mega Charizard Y, Celesteela, and Keldeo. Earth Power is important for hitting Excadrill, Heatran, and Magnezone. Ice Beam is mainly for Mega Venusaur, which can be a serious problem for the team. Finally, Outrage is used as powerful STAB capable of OHKOing Scarf Heracross after prior chip damage.

Alolan Ninetales: Alolan Ninetales is our main support Pokemon with Aurora Veil and Encore, as well as a good check to Keldeo and Mega Sableye. Aurora Veil is essential for giving the entire team extra survivability. Freeze Dry is the main Ice STAB used to hit Water types like Pelipper, Swampert, and Mantine. Moonblast is its best Fairy STAB. Finally, Encore is helpful for disrupting hazard leads and setup sweepers. However, Blizzard is an option for a more powerful form of STAB and to get a OHKO on Mega Pinsir and a 2HKO on Skarmory.

Avalugg: Avalugg serves as the team's physical wall and hazard remover. Recover is essential for sustain. Rapid Spin is important for removing Stealth Rock and Sticky Web. Avalanche is nice STAB to have in order to wear things down. Finally, Roar is used to phase out setup sweepers like Mega Charizard X and Mega Scizor. But Earthquake is another option for hitting Excadrill, Infernape, and Terrakion.

Cloyster: Cloyster is the team's wincon in most situations with Shell Smash. With the Waterium Z, it's capable of breaking through Pokemon that it would otherwise have issues with like Celesteela, Magearna, and Mew. Hydro Pump is its most powerful Water STAB and the base move for the Hydro Vortex. Rock Blast is important for hitting Mega Charizard X, Volcanion, and Mantine. Finally, Icicle Spear is nice for a great STAB option. But Hidden Power Fire can be ran over it if you want to have an easier time sweeping Steel, being able to OHKO Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor.

Mamoswine: Mamoswine serves as the team's Stealth Rocker and blanket check to many threats with its Focus Sash and Endeavor+Ice Shard. Earthquake is the standard Ground STAB. Stealth Rock is pretty much essential for the team's problematic Fire and Bug matchups. And Endeavor+Ice Shard is used as an emergency blanket check in case the team's other checks go down.

Lapras: Lapras serves as the team's obligatory Mega Scizor check. Hydro Pump is its strongest Water STAB. Surf is ran alongside it for consistency. Freeze Dry is the Ice STAB used to target Water types like Pelipper, Toxapex, and Mantine. Finally, Hidden Power Fire is essential for hitting Mega Scizor, as well as Ferrothorn.

Last edited:
smub I love that your trying to build water but here are a few changes that I recommend for your team.

RUN SCARF PELIPPER, like omg scarf pelipper is so good and is the anchor that holds together SS water as a whole. Pelipper was PU last gen for a reason. It's defenses are awful and it doesn't wall anything notable in the metagame. Scarf gives you a fast pivot and it actually hits incredibly hard with Rain boosted Hydros and Hurricane.

I get it bro, I feel you. I harmonize with your hatred for bulu. The problem is that sludge wave is awful coverage off its uninvested spA and your not going to kill bulu behind screens anyways, so your better off running Seismitoed, or ice punch and maybe scarf gren with gunk shot. Also It's not a bad idea to run a bit of bulk (something like 80 hp evs's) to give yourself a good chance to live a +1 fleur cannon from magearna so you dont get rolled by it in tr, while still outspeeding up to base 145s, neutral natured max speed base 60s, Rotom wash and Tapu Fini

Offensive Dark

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Nasty Plot

Greninja @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Mega Houndoom: Mega Houndoom fills an important role as the team's special wallbreaker. With a Nasty Plot, it's capable of OHKOing a Magearna of any variant. Dark Pulse is the basic Dark STAB. Fire Blast is the Fire STAB used over Flamethrower for more power. Finally, Sludge Bomb is important coverage for hitting Azumarill and Clefable.

Greninja: Greninja serves as a fast mixed attacker for the team. Hydro Pump is its most powerful attack, capable of hitting Heatran and Hippowdon for huge damage. Ice Beam is nice coverage for Garchomp and Dragonite. Gunk Shot lets it hit Clefable and Azumarill. Finally, Hidden Power Fire is mainly for Magearna, but can also hit Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor.

Hydreigon: Hydreigon serves as the team's speed control with a Choice Scarf. Draco Meteor is its most powerful Dragon STAB. Dark Pulse is the basic Dark STAB. Fire Blast is used over Flamethrower for more consistency, doing more damage against Magearna, as well as Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. Finally, U-turn is used to generate momentum for the team. But Earth Power is another option that can be used to nail Nidoking and Heatran, as well as Tapu Koko.

Krookodile: Krookodile functions as the team's Stealth Rocker, anti-lead, and emergency Magearna check if it somehow gets up a Trick Room. Earthquake is the basic STAB. Knock Off is used to remove items and make Normal's Eviolite core easier to deal with. Finally, Taunt is used to stop opposing hazard leads.

Tyranitar: Tyranitar functions as the team's physical wallbreaker. 216 EVs in Speed are used to speed creep the speed creepers who speed creep the speed creepers who speed creep the speed creepers who speed creep Mega Venusaur(pretty funny to say, right?). Stone Edge is the basic Rock STAB. Crunch is the most spammable Dark STAB. Pursuit is used to trap Psychic and Ghost types like Latios and Gengar. Finally, Earthquake is used to hit Magearna and Tapu Koko.

Bisharp: Bisharp serves as the team's physical setup sweeper. Iron Head is the basic Steel STAB that also has a nice flinch chance. Knock Off is the most spammable Dark STAB used to make Normal's Eviolite core easier to deal with. Sucker Punch is nice for priority to make up for Bisharp's bad speed. Finally, Swords Dance is the main setup move. This set runs Adamant for the extra power, but a Jolly nature can also be ran to outspeed max speed Timid Magearna.

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Trick Room Ghost

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Bone

Mimikyu @ Red Card
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

Dhelmise @ Choice Band
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Anchor Shot
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Cofagrigus @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Night Shade
- Memento
- Trick Room
- Knock Off

Mega-Sableye is a defensive check to many threats such as Mega Sharpedo and is a deadly setup sweeper with Calm Mind and high defenses.
Gengar provides speed control and outspeeds and revenge kills threats out of trick room. A choice scarf is given to maximize speed, while the perfect Ghost/Poison/Fighting coverage along with Dazzling Gleam is used can hit every single Pokémon with neutral damage, and dark with dazzling Gleam.
Alola-Marowak is one of our Trick Room abusers on the team. Minimizing speed along with Maximizing attack allows it to abuse trick room by repeatedly spamming Flare Blitz without recoil, thanks to rock head. A thick club is given to double Marowak's attack, making it a strong wall breaker.
Mimikyu is one of our trick room setters, along with fairy STAB to hit dark types. Red Card can be used to phase setup sweepers out such as Mega Scizor and Mega Charizard X. Disguise can be used for garuanteed trick room.
Dhelmise is our second trick room abuser, and uses a Choice Band along with Power Whip and Earthquake in order to rip holes in teams, and anchor shot can be used to hit fairies and anything that it resisted by grass/ground coverage. Rapid spin is fpr utility, if your opponent does manage to get a few layers of spikes or rocks up, keeping Marowak healthy.
Cofagrigus is our second trick room setter, with a Darkinium Z to abuse Z-memento. This allows Cofagrigus to set trick room up, then sacrifice itself and switch into an abuser to prevent wasting trick room turns. Knock off is used to knock off a variety of items, such as Leftovers, Eviolite, and Choiced Items. Night Shade is used so that Cofagrigus is not complete taunt bait.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 13)