NU Teambuilding Lab [Kiyo'd]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
OP Stolen from Shadowtags
Approved by: TL's
Hosted by: Rapture, carcy, Eternally, Blast, Shadestep, Hootie, Earth, quziel, Finchinator, Disjunction
Art: by the wonderful Pilo

Hello everyone, i'm Jarii Rapture. Throughout my time in NU I have noticed that a good chunk of newer players do not know how to effectively team build or have no access to good teams to get started with. In an effort to rectify that, I have joined forces with several experienced NU players to host this team building lab. Here users can post Pokemon sets / cores that they would like us to build a team around and one of us can reply with their team and the team building process we used so the requester can see our thinking processes and get ideas on how to build their own teams in the future.

Also, in an effort to improve all of us and get some quality discussion for the thread, I'm going to propose that you guys take the builds we create, play ~5 games on the ladder with them at a decent rank, then link all replays and talk about how to expand your teambuilding from there. Credits go to Zebraiken for thinking of the idea!

Rules:

- Have a one paragraph description with the set / core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.
- Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams. (Think C+ or above in the viability rankings)
- Please note that we can choose to ignore requests for extremely generic sets and / or cores as well as cores that have already been built around Be sure to check this post to avoid breaking this rule!
- Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or that they can't build one themselves.
- Each user is allowed one request per week and any user found requesting multiple will have their post deleted and may see further punishment.
- I'll close the thread to requests once all of us hit 3 requests at a time.
- Please remember that these teams are first drafts and as such will not be perfect. Edit them as you please.
- On that note, you are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post changes / critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.
- However, you are not allowed to post your own teams here to have us modify them. We're here to build new teams, not modify older ones. If you want your own teams critiqued and modified, post them in the RMT forum, not here.
-If you request a team/pokemon/core that is already listed in the spreadsheet / team archive directly below you'll be blacklisted from requests for 2 weeks. It takes less than a minute to check. It's your job to check, not ours. Don't be lazy.

You can see a list of all current requests and who is building that team here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/147yBaMu5CWNzWjCDGWxxla_JqxDnyvGJ5fUJd0hg5Tc/edit?usp=sharing

Incineroar + Slowking Built by Carcy
SD Bibarel Built by Carcy

Last edited:
TEAMS
Team #1:

SD Dodrio built by Jarii
Team #2:

Z-Hyper Beam Lilligant built by Hootie and Jarii
Team #3:

DD Z-Fly Altaria built by Shaneghoul
Team #4:
(old)
Z-Solar Beam Delphox built by Eternally and rozes
Team #5:

Nasty Plot Raichu-A built by Jarii
Team #6:
(old)
Rock Polish Rhydon built by Shadowtags
Team #7:
(old)
Mixed Meloetta built by rozes
Team #8:
(old)
Life Orb Medicham built by Eternally
Team #9:

DD Scrafty built by Hootie
Team #10:

SD Absol built by passion
Team #11:

Tauros built by passion
Team #12:
(old)
CB Sawk built by Shadestep
Team #13:
(old)
Scarf Granbull Webs built by Yogibears
Team #14:

SD Toxicroak built by AJB
Team #15:
(old)
SD Rockium Z Virizion + Scarf Drapion built by Jarii
Team #16:
(old)
Sand built by Shaneghoul

Last edited:

Wanna start this off with a request for a bulky offense team around RP Rhydon. I put Megahorn as my last move, but the builder can use SD if he wants. I don't want an HO team with suicide leads and sweepers, etc. I want the team to have some kind of defense/resistance too.

Thanks!

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

I would like to request a build around scarf granbull and a sticky webber. Ive been testing and scarf gran really helps check hitmontop, who is a very prominent spinner in NU rn. Heres my set suggestion, u might want to get rid of heal bell
Granbull @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Heal Bell
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

So glad the NU Teambuilding Lab is open. I would like to request a build around Dodrio. When SM was released, Dodrio got some nice buffs including Swords Dance, Jump Kick and an extra +10 in speed that I think gives it a nice spot in NU. I don't really care about the type of build, but would prefer it not being HO (although that will be fine if that's what is needed). Also feel free to alter the set if needed, my only preference for the set is using its new toys Jump Kick and Swords Dance (i.e a z-crystal not being used elsewhere on the team)!

Dodrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance

So glad the NU Teambuilding Lab is open. I would like to request a build around Dodrio. When SM was released, Dodrio got some nice buffs including Swords Dance, Jump Kick and an extra +10 in speed that I think gives it a nice spot in NU. I don't really care about the type of build, but would prefer it not being HO (although that will be fine if that's what is needed). Also feel free to alter the set if needed, my only preference for the set is using its new toys Jump Kick and Swords Dance (i.e a z-crystal not being used elsewhere on the team)!

Dodrio @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
Hi OrangeGuru!
I'm glad to help you with making a team with Dodrio, I will get into it and post it later. I hope you are going to like it!

you see lots of flynium Z in higher tiers on things like Salamence, not much can make good use of it in NU but I made a team with Altaria earlier to try and take advantage of it. Other moves are fine, i mainly just want to see how Flynium Z could work. It looks kinda weak because Rhydon / Steelix, but if those two are out of the way it looks kinda tough. Can it be done??

Altaria @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fly
- Earthquake

Lilligant @ Normalium Z
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Hyper Beam

Lilligant is my favorite Pokemon. And, as it turns out, its still viable in NU this gen. I'd love any team that utilizes the set above in particular, particularly an Offensive one. I prefer Own Tempo to help out against No Guard Machamp, though it can be changed to Chlorophyll if the teambuilder likes.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
you see lots of flynium Z in higher tiers on things like Salamence, not much can make good use of it in NU but I made a team with Altaria earlier to try and take advantage of it. Other moves are fine, i mainly just want to see how Flynium Z could work. It looks kinda weak because Rhydon / Steelix, but if those two are out of the way it looks kinda tough. Can it be done??
From what I can see in NU, setup Hurricane mons like QD Vivillon and CM Oricorio(-Sensu) could resort to Flyinium Z for an emergency and/or accurate Flying nuke. I'd imagine BU Braviary and SD Dodrio can also make use of Flyinium, though those two may just prefer Fightinium anyway.

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Grass Knot

Alolan Raichu's dual STAB and coverage are actually sickeningly effective against a huge majority of slower Pokemon, and with the aid of a Nasty Plot boost it becomes very difficult to defend against. The main issues Nasty Plot Raichu-A have are that it has barely any safe setup opportunities since it takes about 50% from nearly everything, and has issues against priority and any faster Pokemon.

Hi OrangeGuru!

I made this BO / Balance with the Dodrio you suggested!
I began to add Slowbro and Steelix so the team had a solid way to beat the some of the mons that gives Dodrio issues (like Scarf Tyrantrum, Rhydon, Sneasel, Scarf Emboar and such.), it gave the team as well a solid Fighting-, normal and Emboar switch and it gave the team also Rocks. I wanted something to offensively check Sneasel and Grass types so my choice went to Emboar which fits the team well with the typing it has, I went for Scarfboar so the team had something faster then Sceptile on the team. The team missed hazard removal so I went for Skuntank for the main reason that this defogger is able to absorb Toxic Spikes as well which hurts this team alot otherwise, gives the team also a secondary Necrozma check and with Acid Spray CM Necrozma is not able to beat you. After that I wanted to something that lures certain mons like Steelix or Rhydon, I came to the conclusion to add Grassium Z Rotom-Mow. I know this sounds like a weird "lure" vs mons that are weak to this mon but I'll explain, with Grassium Z you are able to let it look it's scarf and when you Thunderbolt a weakened mon and then you are able to lure in that Rotom-C is your scarfer instead of Emboar. With this you can lure in Rhydon thinking you're locked in to Thunderbolt. I hope you like it and I hear it if you found something you did not like or want to see changed!

Dodrio @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick
- Return

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave / Calm Mind

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 96 Atk / 168 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Toxic / Grass Knot

Skuntank @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Aftermath
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Acid Spray
- Defog

Rotom-Mow @ Grassium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Will-O-Wisp

Here a replay of how the team works: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nubeta-596772969

Last edited:
Decided to come back to NU finally after a long break seeing as the new mons, power creep and Z moves gives our beloved tier a very fresh look haha. Was wondering if someone could whip up a BO/balanced team around BU scrafty. I know that the Z Iron tail DD set is nice to take out fairies but I want to see how this set fairs seeing as the extra bulk allows it to be a check/counter to scary threats in here like Cofag, Houndoom, all the Psychics, and even Ttrum in a pinch. Obviously fairies have to be removed but most of them save Aroma can be whiddled easily and she isnt too common. Also if the Z slot isnt taken you can utilize Z bulk to immediately become a threat or use Z drain punch if the extra nuking power is required.

Scrafty @ Leftovers/Fightium Z
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Also feel free to edit the evs as you see fit to either speed creep certain mons, live certain hits or 2hko or 1hko certain mons

Last edited:
I've been looking to build around Grassium Z Delphox for some time now but I personally feel that my tier knowledge isn't good enough for building a good team.

Delphox @ Grassium Z
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Solar Beam
- Dazzling Gleam

Grassium Z is so good on this Pokémon because you can easily get rid of your opponent's best switch in. The other moves are standard, but feel free to change something if you feel that the team needs it.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Melons-N-Soda
upload_2017-6-28_14-46-43.gif
upload_2017-6-28_14-47-29.gif
upload_2017-6-28_14-47-45.gif
upload_2017-6-28_14-48-0.gif
upload_2017-6-28_14-48-14.gif
upload_2017-6-28_14-48-31.gif

Here's a Lilligant bulky offense team that Jarii and I made. The first 'mon that we decided to pair up with Lilligant was Emboar to serve as a revenge killer/cleaner and an answer to Lilligant's various checks such as Sneasel, Virizion, Incineroar, and Cryogonal, while Lilligant's main draw is being able to use the likes of Slowbro/king and Jellicent as setup fodder. Seismitoad was added next to complete the fwg core, providing Stealth Rock to the team and a Water immunity, making the team more equipped to handle bulky Water-types. Garbodor forms a hazard core alongside Seismitoad and soft checks Fighting- and Fairy-types. Explosion in particular keeps a lot of pressure on Golbat, which aids Lilligant a lot in being able to sweep late-game. The team was looking very weak to Psychic- and Ghost-types so Sneasel was added to trap them with Pursuit, relieving a lot of pressure they could put on the team otherwise. Xatu was added last to provide as sturdier check to Fighting-types because offensive Garbodor by itself can't cut it. Magic Bounce also gives the team a way to ward off hazards, though it will still have a harder time versus Rhydon (Lilligant and Seismitoad help out a lot regardless). Honestly not a huge fan of Z Hyper Beam because it can be played around through pivoting; other options like Z Nature Power or Dream Eater could probably work too, I'd recommend testing with some of them to see which is most effective. Enjoy!

Lilligant (F) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hyper Beam
- Sleep Powder

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- U-turn
- Roost

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Toxic

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Explosion
- Drain Punch

Raseri

I had to run through a few different alt builds before I finally found one that I was happy with. I've tested the team a fair bit and while it's not amazing (mainly because alt is bad lol) it's consistent enough. Alt is cool in that if you get rid of steelix or rhydon, once you get a dd off you're pretty much guaranteed a kill with Skystrike since it blows through even fat mons. The problem is after that you tend to die due to being really weak again and so it's not really worth it given that you generally have to expend resources to get a set up opportunity. That being said there were games where it did a lot and if people left passive mons in on it and allowed it to get multiple boosts it usually just won. I originally added ebelt mach punch magmortar with it as a sneasel lure since that kind of shuts down alt with shard, however it wasn't really pulling its weight so in the final cut it got replaced by incineroar. Next I added special shuca defog skunk since it's a really nice way of luring in rhydon and steelix for alt. After that I felt like adding a rocker but I didn't really want to run a defensive normal resist as my rocker since I'd end up fighting weak if I did that, and so I went with offensive RP rhydon and defensive mesprit. These two work really well together and healing wish works really well on the team. Finally I was looking pretty water weak and slow so I added scarf rotom-mow which fit really well. If you want you can try running mach magmortar over incineroar to help alt but I wouldn't advise it since ironically it makes the team more sneasel weak, enjoy!

Altaria @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fly
- Earthquake

Incineroar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Darkest Lariat
- Earthquake

Skuntank @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Defog

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Megahorn

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Also TrulyDevious this team also happens to feature RP 3 attacks rhydon which is your request, if you still want a team centered around it that's cool, just message me and let me know and I'll get onto it.

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
I've been looking to build around Grassium Z Delphox for some time now but I personally feel that my tier knowledge isn't good enough for building a good team.

Delphox @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Solar Beam
- Dazzling Gleam

Grassium Z is so good on this Pokémon because you can easily get rid of your opponent's best switch in. The other moves are standard, but feel free to change something if you feel that the team needs it.

Thank you in advance!
Hey FireJirachi. I co-built this team with rozes around your Delphox set, we just made a minor change and went with Calm Mind over Dazzling Gleam, which lets you play Delphox as a wincon that can either sweep through fat teams on its own, or lure something like Jellicent / Lanturn / Vaporeon etc for a teammate to clean up (SD Samurott in this case).

We decided to build around a simple FWG core of CM Delphox + Pixie Plate Whimsicott + SD Samurott, because they all break down eachothers checks very nicely. Hitmonlee was our next pick to keep hazards off the field for Delphox, while also giving you more priority to ease the matchup versus hyper offense. Steelix blanket checks some weaknesses we had to Psychic-types, namely Necrozma, as well as giving you something to block volt switches, set up rocks, take on Fairy-types and switch into Sneasel if necessary. Tyrantrum ties the team together, giving you another good normal resist, fire resist, and an alternate option to clean up late game. Overall, it's very simple to use and has a decent matchup versus most playstyles. Be wary that you might have to play offensively versus certain mons, like Sneasel and Medicham, but there's nothing that you autolose to. Hope you enjoy!
rozes sux (Delphox) @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Solar Beam

rozes stinks (Whimsicott) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Stun Spore
- Memento

rozes blows (Samurott) @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Torrent
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

rozes (Hitmonlee) @ Fist Plate
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

rozes is dum (Steelix) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

rozes is ass (Tyrantrum) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Dragon Claw

From what I can see in NU, setup Hurricane mons like QD Vivillon and CM Oricorio(-Sensu) could resort to Flyinium Z for an emergency and/or accurate Flying nuke. I'd imagine BU Braviary and SD Dodrio can also make use of Flyinium, though those two may just prefer Fightinium anyway.

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Grass Knot

Alolan Raichu's dual STAB and coverage are actually sickeningly effective against a huge majority of slower Pokemon, and with the aid of a Nasty Plot boost it becomes very difficult to defend against. The main issues Nasty Plot Raichu-A have are that it has barely any safe setup opportunities since it takes about 50% from nearly everything, and has issues against priority and any faster Pokemon.
Hey Punchshroom, I have build a team around your suggestion:

I decided to build with a really strong offensive special core with Raichu-a and Sceptile, Sceptile helps vs Seismitoad what gives non Grass knot Raichu-a issues while Raichu-a is able to beat things Sceptile gives issues like Vileplume, Virizion, Garbodor and several flying types. After this I wanted to have spikes on the team what is also able to deal with Fighting types obivious it was going to be Garbodor what gives the team also a soft check to sneasel what the team really needed. Hitmonlee is 4th member on the team which gives the team another soft offensive check to Sneasel and is able to offensively check dark types what the team is kinda weak to right now, it gives the team also hazard control which this team still needed. The team needed a Fire resist because things like Scarf Delphox or Emboar 6-0 right now, Knock Off was a pain to deal with as well so I decided on Normalium Z Vaporeon with Heal Bell. For the people what don't know what Z-Heal Bell does it gives you full health and normal effect from Heal Bell, also Wish with Garbodor is amazing since that is the only solid Fighting resist. The team missed rocks and a solid Psychic resist and a Electric immunity, the obivious choice here is Steelix. Things like Virizion with Z-Zen Headbutt or Drapion with Z-Earthquake is annoying for the team but you don't autolose to anything right of the bat. I hope you like it!

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Surf

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Hitmonlee @ Fist Plate
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Vaporeon @ Normalium Z
EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 96 Atk / 168 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
That's enough euro squads in this thread

TrulyDevious

Royal Flush (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Tibetan Pop Stars (Necrozma) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Sting (Accelgor) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unburden
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Spikes
- U-turn

Signal (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

I Hear Voices (Hitmonlee) @ Fist Plate
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

In Undertow (Jellicent) (F) @ Colbur Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Here's a pretty savage offense I made with Rhydon that's designed for it to sweep through weakened teams. Necro is broken and makes for a nice pivot that can lay down hazards and just generally be annoying with how fat it is. Last slot can be whatever you want but hp fire rounds out necro's coverage™ rather nicely. Accelgor is actually ridiculous between its power, speed, and ability to lay down hazards if needed. Most accelgor checks have to try and check don too so don't be afraid to play this thing aggressively! Rotom-Cut is the best pivot in the tier and forms a tasty volt-turn core with accelgor for maximum momentum™. Does standard scarf rotom stuff so won't go too in depth. Hitmonlee is up next for its prowess at wallbreaking and providing an ability to remove hazards if needed. Mach Punch helps to keep up with builds that lean towards HO so don't change it imo. Finally Jellicent acts as our secondary check to normals and fires alongside rhydon and help versus most stalls so rhydon has an easier time breaking them down. Hex vs. Scald is preference so go with whatever works for you. On paper Trick room and sneasel give you some problems but dedicated TR isn't too common anymore from what i've seen and u have the ability to outplay sneasel with Accelgor, hazards, and priority. Lemme know what you think!

Here's the best replays I could muster up a 3 am at least showing how the squad is played
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nubeta-597183560 - vs teddeh but idt his team is serious lol, accelgor being broken nothing new.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nubeta-597187773 - This team is bad but it actually wasn't a gr8 match up for me, hard reads eventually win me the game though.

So I wanted to see how much usage could be made out of a mixed Meloetta set, since I like the concept of being able to switch between being a physical and special attacker. This is the set that I had in mind.

Meloetta @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Return
- Psychic
- Relic Song
- Close Combat

Although I have a preference towards balance or bulky offense teams, any team that could take advantage of Meloetta's coverage would be great too. Granbull could be a good phys tank to absorb the dark/fighting hits Meloetta's form fear. Otherwise I'd appreciate any adjustments to the set as well!

I'd like to request a team built around banded medicham. Im rather new to this tier having never played nu befor gen 7 and would like to see medichams wallbreaking capabilities.

Medicham @ Choice Band
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- any move
- any move (maybe facade just in case)

With a band it has 1 more point of attack than adamant max att mega cham and we know how hard it hits.
Any playstyle is fine. Im here to learn.
Good luck and thanks in advance.

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
So I wanted to see how much usage could be made out of a mixed Meloetta set, since I like the concept of being able to switch between being a physical and special attacker. This is the set that I had in mind.

Meloetta @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Return
- Psychic
- Relic Song
- Close Combat

Although I have a preference towards balance or bulky offense teams, any team that could take advantage of Meloetta's coverage would be great too. Granbull could be a good phys tank to absorb the dark/fighting hits Meloetta's form fear. Otherwise I'd appreciate any adjustments to the set as well!
Hey Spencario , posting your team on behalf of rozes.

This team is based around pressuring fat teams with hazards from Qwil + Steelix, and breaking through with Meloetta. Dread Plate Sneasel can trap any annoying Psychic- and Ghost-types blocking its way, and you can catch a lot of people off guard by bluffing CB. Scarf Boar is a fantastic cleaner and works well in cleaning up after Meloetta and Sneasel have wreaked havoc. Rotom rounds out the team, giving you a Fighting-type immunity and spin blocker, with Electrium-Z Thunder to blow back switch-ins like Spiritomb, and OHKO Physdef Golbat before it can defog hazards away. Pretty fun team which should be played offensively to get the most out of Meloetta-P. Hope you enjoy!
Qwilfish @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Meloetta @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpA / 204 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Psychic

Sneasel @ Dread Plate
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Sucker Punch

Rotom @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Thunder

I'd like to request a team built around banded medicham. Im rather new to this tier having never played nu befor gen 7 and would like to see medichams wallbreaking capabilities.

Medicham @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- any move
- any move (maybe facade just in case)

With a band it has 1 more point of attack than adamant max att mega cham and we know how hard it hits.
Any playstyle is fine. Im here to learn.
Good luck and thanks in advance.
Hey mploz, here's a Medicham squad that I made for you, hope you like it!

I started off with CB Medicham + Z-Growth Whimsicott because they pair very nicely together and can break eachothers counters (Medicham breaking Poison- and Steel-types while Whimsi can take out Dark-types and fat Water-types like Slowbro). After playing with the team a lot I decided to swap to Life Orb Medicham because I felt that it wallbreaks much easier when it can freely switch up moves, while also letting you take advantage of powerful priority in Bullet Punch, feel free to use whichever item you prefer (but I strongly recommend giving Life Orb a shot.) Scarf Drapion gives you a nice Toxic Spikes absorber, and something that can pursuit trap menacing Ghost and Psychic-types, as well as generally add some speed to the team. Moreover, Physdef Jelli and Spdef Rhydon give the team a defensive backbone to fall on, and play off eachother's defenses quite well. Finally, I went with Cryogonal in the last slot to give you hazard control, a check to Special Ice-types such as Vanilluxe which is rising in popularity, as well as a Ground immunity and soft Rotom-Mow check. If you feel like Scarf Rotom-Mow is still annoying to play around and prefer playing more defensively you can change Cryogonal's spread to 240 HP / 212 SpD / 56 Spe with a Calm nature, Leftovers, and Knock Off over Ice Beam (This lets you avoid the 3HKO from Specs Rotom-Mow's TBolt and deal with Special Attackers a lot better in exchange for speed and power.) I'm pretty happy with how the team turned out, hopefully you like it too.

Medicham @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch

Drapion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Battle Armor
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Whimsicott @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Growth
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Hex
- Recover

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Cryogonal @ Never-Melt Ice
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:
Hey mploz, here's a Medicham squad that I made for you, hope you like it!

I started off with CB Medicham + Z-Growth Whimsicott because they pair very nicely together and can break eachothers counters (Medicham breaking Poison- and Steel-types while Whimsi can take out Dark-types and fat Water-types like Slowbro). After playing with the team a lot I decided to swap to Life Orb Medicham because I felt that it wallbreaks much easier when it can freely switch up moves, while also letting you take advantage of powerful priority in Bullet Punch, feel free to use whichever item you prefer (but I strongly recommend giving Life Orb a shot.) Scarf Drapion gives you a nice Toxic Spikes absorber, and something that can pursuit trap menacing Ghost and Psychic-types, as well as generally add some speed to the team. Moreover, Physdef Jelli and Spdef Rhydon give the team a defensive backbone to fall on, and play off eachother's defenses quite well. Finally, I went with Cryogonal in the last slot to give you hazard control, a check to Special Ice-types such as Vanilluxe which is rising in popularity, as well as a Ground immunity and soft Rotom-Mow check. If you feel like Scarf Rotom-Mow is still annoying to play around and prefer playing more defensively you can change Cryogonal's spread to 240 HP / 212 SpD / 56 Spe with a Careful nature, Leftovers, and Knock Off over Ice Beam (This lets you avoid the 3HKO from Specs Rotom-Mow's TBolt and deal with Special Attackers a lot better in exchange for speed and power.) I'm pretty happy with how the team turned out, hopefully you like it too.

Medicham @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch

Drapion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Battle Armor
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Whimsicott @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Growth
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Hex
- Recover

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Cryogonal @ Never-Melt Ice
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
Wow that was quick. Thanks man

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Whoa, this thread is amazing! I like the idea of it!

I was wondering if it was viable to build a team based around Simple Bibarel

Bibarel @ Focus Sash
Ability: Simple
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Quick Attack

The item is customizable, I have no clue what to put on it. But +4 Attack = x3 in one turn seems dope. Can we build a team around it with it being a surprise sweeper/cleaner?

Reactions: nv
Hey! I'm very new to SM NU, so I'm having a hard time building (much more comfortable building in OU). I'd like a team made around SD Toxicroak. It looks like a solid and fun mon. Here is the set:

Toxicroak @ Poisonium Z / Darkinium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

At +2, Z-Gunk Shot is a nuke that basically kills anything that doesn't resist, whereas Darkinium Z allows it to break through things like Jellicent and Cofag, which it normally cannot. Toxicroak's combination of its solid ability, priority, and wallbreaking potential make it a mon that I really want to use effectively. You can customize the set to what you think works, this is just what I think would work. I would like this on a BO or HO team. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)