Tournament OMPL V - Week 4

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head

Other Metagames Premier League V - Week 4
>> SCHEDULE <<
>> STANDINGS <<
>> INFORMATION <<
How this works
Each team will have have 6 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80 credits that managers receive during the auction. The roster this season include: Almost Any Ability, Anything Goes, Balanced Hackmons, Mix and Mega, Monotype, and Sketchmons. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.​

Beating another team gives you 2 points, drawing the match gives you 1 point, and losing it gives you nothing. In addition, the manner in which you win will also be stored; that is, how many you won vs how many you lost. The two teams with the highest points at the end of week 5 will play in the finals.​

Tiebreaker
Every week's winning team will be given 2 points, ties will give 1 and loss will give 0. This is how it's going to progress and finally the teams with the 2 highest total points will duke it out in finals week. In the event of 2 teams being tied for the finals spot, we will have a tiebreaker round.

Tiebreaker round rules: The most played meta from usage stats plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto finals.​

Trades
No trades may occur at this point.
Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on VM walls, plain and simple, and I'd like to exaggerate the importance of this. If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner. If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win. Case in point: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.
Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​

On Deadline & Match Completion
All players must complete their matches by 11:59 on August 4th. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL IN AMPLE TIME TO SCHEDULE); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in the OMPL General Thread, and we will use them to calculate usage stats.

On Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out (as shown below) for ease of transcription.

Matchups

The Accelerating Aegiblades (Uselesscrab / Peef Rimgar) VS (Bondie / Dream Eater Gengar) The Untitled Unfezants

1-5 | 5-1

Almost Any Ability: Megazard VS aesf
Anything Goes: Chloe. VS Thimo
Balanced Hackmons: TheBurgerKing99 (Halliday) VS jasprose
Mix and Mega: Quantum Tesseract VS The Trap God
Monotype: Eien VS wishes
Sketchmons: MiyoKa VS Jrdn

The Optimistic Mimikyus (Pikachuun / OM room) VS (Ransei / ScarfWynaut) The Five-Star Jolteons

3-3 | 3-3

Almost Any Ability: Bluxio VS The Official Glyx
Anything Goes: GmU pokeboss9 VS Pepa120
Balanced Hackmons: Funbot28 VS morogrim
Mix and Mega: Zephyr Dragon Lord VS InfernapeTropius11
Monotype: Clearly VS terrors
Sketchmons: yoman5 VS Official Fissure

The King Kois (Eevee General / darksylvion) VS (The Immortal / E4 Flint) The Bedroom Blisseys

3-3 | 3-3

Almost Any Ability: darksylvion VS Laxpras
Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade VS Fardin
Balanced Hackmons: GL Volkner VS E4 Flint
Mix and Mega: Chazm VS Mark_K
Monotype: Sabella VS 1 True Lycan
Sketchmons: ihhca (Virginia) VS The Ruins of Alpha

Last edited:

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Interesting week tbh the most awaited game of Anything Goes opposing Pepa and GMU is here to steal the show. An undefeated phenomenon that defeated Gym Leader Volkner and earned himself the Beacon Badge. But now he has to face Jolteon's terror being Pepa, will GMU be able to prove that he's worth Volkner's badge or will he lose to Pepa. (hehehe recycling jokes hehehe)

On the other side, we have THE TRAP GOD making his most awaiting debuting in Mix and Mega against Quantum Tessaract. While resident STABmons player wishes is here to prove her worth and defeat the new Monotype Room Owner Eien. Wishes hope to win and TRANSITION to MPL next year as the strongest Monotype SM draft.

ALSO GO MIMIKYUUUUSS

and unfezants

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bluxio VS The Official Glyx- just a feeling
GmU pokeboss9 VS Pepa120- I've seen pepa play more AG than GMU
Funbot28 VS morogrim- Haven't found his performance to be that impressive but I'm not convinced by funbot in bh
Zephyr Dragon Lord VS InfernapeTropius11- ecks dee
Clearly VS terrors- see posts above mine
yoman5 VS Official Fissure- who?

darksylvion VS Laxpras- I feel like this is a lot closer of a match than most people will probably assume, but pras is still aight
PurpleGatorade VS Fardin- Oh yay a serious predict- fardin's just shown more experience and success in preparing for team tournaments regardless of the jokes I've made about the kyurems
GL Volkner VS E4 Flint- I am in no way qualified to predict this match but don't feel like deleting it
Chazm VS Mark_K- Mark's brought some quite offbeat teams, they at least grabbed a win vs QT but in this case I'm not sure how they'll hold up
Sabella VS 1 True Lycan- I'd wait until the type matchup to decide but probably sabella ig
ihhca (Virginia) VS The Ruins of Alpha- Virginia's teams have been far better despite a few just plain odd choices but induction says that drampa will continue to gain massive advantages from team preview regardless of team quality. I'll predict the other way if fardin just builds something actually good instead though. sorry there's like no good way to write this one

I lied awake last night, and every night since Dr. PhD BJ "roasted" me in the last thread. The sheer horror of being called the most expendable Aegiblade has truly changed me as a person. How can I ever recover from being destroyed by a totally real doctor, with a PhD? With a heavy heart, I've decided something: I can't. I think that now it is best for me to just leave.....

My predicts in this thread!

Almost Any Ability: Bluxio VS The Official Glyx
- On the grounds that I've seen Glyx play AAA, I'll take her here.
Anything Goes: GmU pokeboss9 VS Pepa120
- This matchup is sorta unfair imo, a great matchup like this should've happened in a neutral field rather than either player's main tier. For shame, Ransei
Balanced Hackmons: Funbot28 VS morogrim
- Irish. Latina. French. Canadian. Goddess.
Mix and Mega: Zephyr Dragon Lord VS InfernapeTropius11
- Zephyr is gonna put IT11 on his ass with some really bad set and it's gonna be spectacilar
Monotype: Clearly VS terrors
- Clearly this match will be terrible
Sketchmons: yoman5 VS Official Fissure
- Before this moment I honestly didn't know yoman5 was drafted

Almost Any Ability: darksylvion VS Laxpras
- Laxpras has been sure to let anyone that'll listen know he was a steal
Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade VS Fardin
- Neardin. Fardin. Where ever you aredin. Can't see him losing again
Balanced Hackmons: GL Volkner VS E4 Flint
- Does GL Volkner have the heart to defeat his true hero? Probably not.
Mix and Mega: Chazm VS Mark_K
- UC was adamant chazm be drafted so who am I to disagree
Monotype: Sabella VS 1 True Lycan
- No clue
Sketchmons: ihhca (Virginia) VS The Ruins of Alpha
- Call him 5-0

My predictions are back after a week-long hiatus. I'm expecting a 75% success rate, but maybe the 25% will win out in the end. shoutouts nihilego!

Also predicting some unexpected results this week (hint: the teams with a combined 29 players do well!), so get excited...

Almost Any Ability: Bluxio VS The Official Glyx - I'm not saying I'm not happy that Glyx was able to hax best om player rozes prior to his ignominious departure from this tournament and Smogon at large, but I feel that the blue Luxio will be very determined to prove himself in this game.
Anything Goes: GmU pokeboss9 VS Pepa120 - I love the choice to go with a "haha xD" pairing in an important game that may ultimately prove crucial to playoff positioning. Pepa is trapped in his mindset, and as such will lose.
Balanced Hackmons: Funbot28 VS morogrim - Funbot was unable to collect the stumbling block in her way that was Balanced Freakmons in the BHUL final and use her to build a castle (which is a little gruesome, honestly), but I'm confident she will bounce back and surprise some people this week as the Mimikyus continue their inexplicable 15-player turnaround
Mix and Mega: Zephyr Dragon Lord VS InfernapeTropius11 - It was a smart choice to give Zephyr some time to hibernate and enter a zen state in which to come up with some more nonsensical sets. Now, he can emerge at full strength, harness the power of the west wind, and overcome IT11, who I suspect may be getting a little too confident at this point. (Based on IT11's past behavior, this is the part of my post that is most likely to be quoted and called out if someone I predict against wins.)
Monotype: Clearly VS terrors - I haven't really seen much of note from Clearly this season, whereas terrors has been solid this year. No memes will come to fruition in this game
Sketchmons: yoman5 VS Official Fissure - Last week's game showed some chinks in Fissure's armor, but I don't believe that a guy who hasn't played Pokemon in like 2 years and may not actually know the fundamental concept of Sketchmons will be able to beat him. I still like yoman as a person, though! (This prediction is also prime callout material, so get your reply button and epic one-liners ready to eviscerate me for those juicy likes if yoman somehow wins!)

Almost Any Ability: darksylvion VS Laxpras - Newly minted co-manager darksylvion, a favorite of Eevee's, will take this opportunity and probably end Laxpras's Knight of Cydonia-like run. (Laxpras goes 2-4 in OMPL VI confirmed... I am crying on the inside.)
Anything Goes: PurpleGatorade VS Fardin - Happy to see Purple get another chance for the first time in a while. Fardin has looked decent throughout, but I'm predicting the upset because GO KOOS
Balanced Hackmons: GL Volkner VS E4 Flint -
y'all did this on purpose

ante said that this was done "on purpose" as a joke, because who could possibly imagine that these usernames would line up with such symmetry?

little did our poor, innocent admin host know that the user formerly known as VoltDarkrai not only actually based his new username around the model of E4 Flint's but actually adopted an account originally registered and occasionally used by the latter Sinnoh NPC fanatic. So yes, they did do this on purpose, and now a once-promising user with little forethought with regard to acronyms is in a permanent state of wishing good luck. What an unfortunate turn of events.

Battling-wise, Flint is better, at least in BH, but Volt occasionally makes remarkably good plays. I have a feeling the pressure may get to the world's biggest Luxray fan, but I'd love to see him slay a veritable BH \\god\\ in what amounts to a master vs. student matchup.

Mix and Mega: Chazm VS Mark_K - another forgotten koi who deserves a win. just use a team of 6 lightweight Pokemon so that Grass Knot crits have no impact
Monotype: Sabella VS 1 True Lycan - It feels like Sabella is due for a win here, for whatever reason. I wish I had more interesting reasoning to supply here but I actually know very little about monotype and its community (besides what I read in the analyses of course!!!) and thus can't recycle the same old set of memes like I do for all my other picks
Sketchmons: ihhca (Virginia) VS The Ruins of Alpha - I am fully aboard the ba(n)dwagon.

Last edited:

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion

Eien vs wishes - New RO has to assert dominance to us mere mortals
Clearly vs Terrors - Apparently predicting my team to lose is frowned upon
Sabella VS Lycan - two GOATs one cup
Just dont predict ur teams games then wallahi

Damn there's so much hate for me.

Sketchmons: yoman5 VS Official Fissure - Last week's game showed some chinks in Fissure's armor, but I don't believe that a guy who hasn't played Pokemon in like 2 years and may not actually know the fundamental concept of Sketchmons will be able to beat him. I still like yoman as a person, though! (This prediction is also prime callout material, so get your reply button and epic one-liners ready to eviscerate me for those juicy likes if yoman somehow wins!)
I only left for like 8 months, I'm not that old ;-;

It's okay, all I need to do is win.

Chazm, don't go too hard on yourself, you played exceptionally well for the most part of this incredibly close series.

And thank you so fucking much master Fardin, if it wasn't for you I'd have been 2-0'ed.
I overreact, that's what Asperger's syndrome does to you.

Great games overall, however. Sorry for hax G2

e: looks like mark k's going 3-2 imo

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)