Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers: OM Edition

Can anyone give me a link to anything that explains how the other servers work or what the metagames on it are?

for example i dont know how half the metagames on dragon server and rom work, and when i search it up i cant find anything about them, id like to learn about them and try them out

Can anyone give me a link to anything that explains how the other servers work or what the metagames on it are?

for example i dont know how half the metagames on dragon server and rom work, and when i search it up i cant find anything about them, id like to learn about them and try them out
Other servers can be a bit confusing because the owners can host any metagame they want, including non-official ones. If you can't find a thread for a metagame on Smogon that is on a server, it's probably just best to ask whoever is in power on the server and they will try to the best of their ability to help you.

So a long time ago there was a mostly joke thread about a new other metagame where people had to come together and fix the "bugs" in pokemon so every pokemon's attributes perfectly match up with their pokedex entrys. For example, tyranitar's pokedex entry said that it's skin was impenetrable to attack, and therefore it was obviously meant to have wonder guard as an ability. I don't think the metagame was ever actually finished but I remember the thread being hilarious. Does anyone remember the name of this OM or know where I could find that thread.

So a long time ago there was a mostly joke thread about a new other metagame where people had to come together and fix the "bugs" in pokemon so every pokemon's attributes perfectly match up with their pokedex entrys. For example, tyranitar's pokedex entry said that it's skin was impenetrable to attack, and therefore it was obviously meant to have wonder guard as an ability. I don't think the metagame was ever actually finished but I remember the thread being hilarious. Does anyone remember the name of this OM or know where I could find that thread.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...iterally-no-ohko-or-auto-win-effects.3482785/

Typing /om [metagame name] in the Lobby chat will give you a link to the metagame's thread and/or a short description. Works on ROM and I think in other servers too.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Is there going to be a thread for micro metagames like there was last gen? If so, are we waiting on a micro meta to be approved before there's a thread for them?

And, other question, do posts in this thread count towards the 20 posts in oms to submit an om requirement? Or is it specifically for posts in threads such as metagame and resource threads?

To submit a metagame, it says you need at least 20 posts in Other Metagames.
How do I check it? Is it possible to see it somewhere?

Just wondering, but how exactly does someone go about submitting a tour idea? do they just go into the om submissions thread and make a post along the lines of "Hey I wanted to host an X tour" with X being something like mnm ag? Also is there any sort of guideline as to the kinds of tours that can be submitted?

Reactions: Ren
Just wondering, but how exactly does someone go about submitting a tour idea? do they just go into the om submissions thread and make a post along the lines of "Hey I wanted to host an X tour" with X being something like mnm ag? Also is there any sort of guideline as to the kinds of tours that can be submitted?
It works the same way as an om submission would. You basically submit the op of your tour. It should clearly explain the premise of the tour, along with any new rules the tour brings.

e- Looking at any currently/previously running user hosted tour's op should give you a good idea.

why is sharing abilities all at once rejected? also is sharing the first move in the move slot considered part of the 24 move in total kind of thing? and this would invalidate my idea for a meta game correct? regardless if it was extremely popular or well received? (people say everything would be broken) which I don't understand if everything is broken that would mean things are balanced according to that high power ceiling rather then certain things be over powered compared to others, taking the definition of "over powered" which could be considered a synonym for broken in this case.
"obtained more power than needed" in which case implies something is superior, how ever for the most part all play styles for viable. I make a deal out of "most" as there will most likely be a problem with Balance as Stall 100% would be powerful, and so would Hyper Offense. Problem is balance is as it states balance which would it becoming hard to pull off (like ultimate z), I am not saying its impossible it could end up becoming a major part of this meta if it were to become a thing. However factually speaking it could very well be impossible to play that style, is that why 6 abilities metas are rejected; because of the fact that it would invalidate a play style and not just a variation but a whole playstyle?

(I'm sorry for any grammatical mistakes I have made in this post, as well as the long post)

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
With Sketchmons being replaced with Camomons / STABmons, will Semi-Official analysis project accept analysis for these metagames?

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
requesting that all information pertaining to USUM be placed in mandatory spoiler tags (or that we get a new thread specifically for new stuff, like there was for SM).

I don't personally care about spoilers but I know a fair number of people who do, and just by browsing the BH/Crossevo threads there have been a fair few spoilers already.

this prob isn't the best place for this but I couldn't think of a better thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

as a follow up to the post above, are we even allowed to talk about spoilers on these threads? It'd be nice to, but from what i've heard we aren't really supposed to, so an official word on it all would be nice

Reactions: Ren

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)