OM Interviews (#16: In The Hills)

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Approved and stuff.
Originally owned by Snaquaza. OP stolen from nv. Previously ran by Chloe.

OM Interviews
Welcome to the OM Interviews. This is a project similar to Player of the Week, but our own OM edition. Every two weeks, a famous OM player will be interviewed. From OM staff to other prominent figures within the community, many will have the chance to be interviewed. They'll be asked about the OM's they play, their views on certain OM's and anything else of interest. Besides being fun to read, these interviews give insight for newer players, helping them get into OM's. Feel free to suggest people that you'd like to see interviewed, but I can't guarantee that I will interview them.

Gen 6:
Snaquaza's Interviews
nv's Interviews

Gen 7:
Chloe's Interviews
OM's Interviews:

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Welcome back to OM Interviews! It's been a while but we're back with our first interview of the generation. Today, we've interviewed everyone's favourite room moderator ScarfWynaut!

SM #1: ScarfWynaut | %Peef Rimgar: the normal jolteons manager

(provided by ScarfWynaut himself, taken from Pokémon Generations)

Hello Choice Scarfed Wynaut.
Hi

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm a 19-year-old Dutch kid and I live in the UK. I can't really think of anything else of interest at the moment so I'll just leave it at that.

How did you get into Pokémon?
Well, it's a kind of long story that started back when I was just a little 12 (or so) year old kid. Growing up I was a huge Super Mario fan. I had a Nintendo 64 with Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 growing up, which kind of fuelled that little semi-addiction. One day, I was just surfing the internet when I came across this game online called Super Mario Flash. It blew me away, I really liked it. So much so that I joined the online forum community that accompanied the game and spent a year or two there. Whilst I was there I met this guy (who supposedly was the biggest Lucario fan - I've yet to verify that) that introduced me to this thing called "Pokemon Online". At the time I'd heard of Pokemon but I couldn't get a GBA or a DS so I never cared much about the franchise. I had no idea battling simulators existed, so I immediately downloaded it and started playing, and just got hooked.

What metagame or metagames are you currently playing?
I never really had a "main" meta when I started playing, I always just played whatever was OMotM for years, but nowadays I've been getting into Balanced Hackmons. I've yet to prove my worth in a tournament though. Other than that, I occasionally play Sketchmons and Almost Any Ability, though not as much.

What is your favorite Pokémon to use in Balanced Hackmons?
I've grown to love Mega Kangaskhan over the past month or so, it's really good and near impossible to switch into. Other than that, I used to like Solgaleo a lot as well but that kind of faded over time.

If Flint somehow disappeared and you were next in line, what would you change about Balanced Hackmons?
I'd unban everything, creating the BH utopia GmU has demanded for years!!! But seriously, I don't think I would really change much, or if I would even be allowed to, but I'd ban a few things for sure that have been a little too much for a little too long, like Primal Groudon. Also, I'd delete Regigigas from the metagame because it's stupid.

What would you like to win OMotM next month?
Camomons, next question.

Do you have any improvements that could be made to the OMotM process?
Well, I think it's just fine as it is. There are some things that could be improved upon, but I can't really think of ample solutions to them at the moment.

Opinions on the Sketchmons vs STABmons debate?
Personally I prefer STABmons but I don't think it's fair for Sketchmons to be cut so early, especially considering the activity STABmons got as a permanent ladder last generation. I haven't been keeping up with the discussion that has been happening in the thread but at this point it's quite inevitable that eventually Sketchmons is getting axed. Perhaps ladder rotation is the perfect solution, who knows?

What players do you look up to or are really good friends with within the OM community?
First and foremost, of course, I must mention my fellow leader of the Five-Star Jolteons, the most renowned and feared gang on Earth, Ransei. Other than that, I don't really want to name names because I'll probably miss a lot of people. There's a lot of friends in this community, you know who you are, and I'm pretty grateful to have met you guys. As for who I look up to, I don't look up to anyone because I'm already at the top.

dogknees asks: If you weren't an OM person, what smogon tier would you play and why?
If I wasn't into OMs, I'd play OU for sure. I like watching the high level tournaments and it's pretty great how creative you can be nowadays. Also I'm just a fan personally of many of the OU-viable Pokémon.

Kris asks: What is your social security number and your mother's maiden name?
Of all the people you could have chosen to ask me a question you chose Kris.

innovamania asks: Do you wear your seatbelt when you ride the bus?
No, I'm not a child. Yes, I'm THAT reckless.

explodingdaisies asks: Would u rather fight 1 horse sized duck or 1000 ducks sized horses?
The horse-sized duck would kill me, and the other option doesn't sound like death. I'd just be able to stamp on them or kick them away easily. Also they wouldn't be able to do much of anything to me if they're so small anyway. Though 1000 seems a bit excessive. Isn't it only supposed to be 100?

That's all the questions we had time for. Ask any questions you may have below!

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Rapid Fire round ft. Megaqwer (:I)

Why havent you evolved yet?
Is there something called Netherlands Got Talent? :I
Why are you so bad.... at being good in nothing? :I
If It11, Flint and Chloe are hanging on a cliff and you're on fire, and worlds ending, what will you do? Save your companions, use burn heal on yourself or let them die cause the worlds ending anyways?
Most Underrated BH set?
Most Overrated BH set
Most overhyped mon?
Mono Ray BH, how do you think it plays out in the current meta?
Music or Books?
What was the first meta you got involved into.
Which person did the honors of your first 6-0? ;I
Follow me on twitter y/y

How about a meta called ScarfMons?
If when ask why, Say Wynaut....ha..ha...ha..OK

Thanks for answering!

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
What do you aspire to be when you grow older? Btw glad the interviews are back was wondering if they would return

thanks for the questions one and all. As for the interview itself, what Chloe has failed to mention is that image at the top was me during the filming of Pokemon Generations, forced to flee from the police after being caught counting money in my gym. so for anyone wondering how I looked like, there you go. More answers:
How was your experience with being a co-manager of the 5-Star Jolteons?
pretty cool, but next time you'll be MY assistant manager
Thoughts on drafting The Greatest Mix and Mega Player to Ever Live(tm)?
feels great, keep the free wins coming my man
thoughts on how chloe FUCKED up my question to make me seem awful
the original question was: "What music genre do you listen to?"
i wouldnt have answered it anyway
as for music, i only listen to chillindude raps and thats totally unironic

in a meta without regigigas, would you ban slaking or user motherlove
a true predicament.. banning motherlove would by default heavily lower the number of slakings used so ill /rb motherlove
Rapid Fire round ft. Megaqwer (:I) :I

Why havent you evolved yet? Im already at Level 100
Is there something called Netherlands Got Talent? :I yep
Why are you so bad.... at being good in nothing? :I after hours and hours of rigorous thinking i still cant understand this question
If It11, Flint and Chloe are hanging on a cliff and you're on fire, and worlds ending, what will you do? Save your companions, use burn heal on yourself or let them die cause the worlds ending anyways? can't I just use the burn heal and then save them? How can I save 3 other people whilst on fire? wouldn't they be at risk of catching fire if I came into contact with them? Would any of this matter if the worlds ending anyway?
Most Underrated BH set? kangaskhan the god
Most Overrated BH set idk sorry
Most overhyped mon? audino perhaps? i personally dont like it but it may just be for external reasons
Mono Ray BH, how do you think it plays out in the current meta? i think it may be the most powerful team ever conceived
Music or Books? music
What was the first meta you got involved into. OU
Which person did the honors of your first 6-0? ;I i have no clue, probably some goon on the PO ladder
Follow me on twitter y/y at least link it fam

How about a meta called ScarfMons?
If when ask why, Say Wynaut....ha..ha...ha..OK idk what to say to this

Thanks for answering! Thanks for asking!
What do you aspire to be when you grow older? Btw glad the interviews are back was wondering if they would return
a mob boss or a web / software developer, whichever happens first.
whos the shitiest player you've played
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-469900133
tl;dr:
★Trollinator: No i mean
★Trollinator: Your team is total garbage
★Trollinator: Aimed at abusing every privilage in the tier
★Trollinator: But still its gonna get destroyed
ScarfWynaut won the battle!

why does no 1 like lc doubles Im no lc player but historically mashups of different metas have never been that popular

will bh uu ever happen probably not but it'd be nice to see
Thoughts on Raimon for OMPL?
a sure pick up, i'll draft u next year my guy
Favorite non Pokemon room on PS?
^ Drampa
thoughts on jinkx monsoon
im too young for this wishes stop :(

Last edited:

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-469900133
tl;dr:
★Trollinator: No i mean
★Trollinator: Your team is total garbage
★Trollinator: Aimed at abusing every privilage in the tier
★Trollinator: But still its gonna get destroyed
ScarfWynaut won the battle!
★Trollinator: He has no special attack investment
★ScarfWynaut: u have noi
★ScarfWynaut: IQ investment

god damn the savage

on topic: holy shit u a brit, thoughts on our lord and saviour Jezza? Which uni are you at, if any? Who is your favourite person in all of time and why is it me?

Do you think your life is meaningful right now?

If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

Are you annoyed when you answer the questions above?

Do you listen to music? If so, what kind of music you listen to?

Between stats based, type based, move based and ability based, which metagame concept seems the best? And why?

If you have the power to add one perma ladder, what meta would you add and why?

How do you motivate yourself to do tasks like homework or studying for tests?

Thoughts on Brexit i dont keep up w/ politics enough to hold a proper opinion on this
Football team you support not into watching football as much as I used to be but when i did i supported man united (typical, i know). if its any consolation my father supports chelsea
Best TL peef for banning tangela over evio. what a lad
Most promising new OM contributor yours truly, obviously. admin badge when? (serious answer: funbot or qt)
Thoughts on Pepa Ransei possibly costing the Jolteons so long as people think ransei made the decision and I, despite being his co manager, had no part in this semi-disaster then its cool it wont happen, the jolteons are just way too powerful + dangerous. GO TEAM
Are you ready to manage your own team in OMPL next year sw + ransei will manage together again next year, only this time he'll be my assistant. just call us the dream team
★Trollinator: He has no special attack investment
★ScarfWynaut: u have noi
★ScarfWynaut: IQ investment

god damn the savage

on topic: holy shit u a brit, thoughts on our lord and saviour Jezza? Which uni are you at, if any? Who is your favourite person in all of time and why is it me?
1) i used to somewhat like him on top gear but those ads of his you see nowadays are annoying.
2) come september ill start class at a local uni, nothing too grand since im dumb and didnt try hard enough in school :[
3) my favorite person would have to be that one purple room mod thats always on ps. rumor has it that hes extremely handsome + wealthy. can't confirm this though
Do you think your life is meaningful right now? yes sir

If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

Are you annoyed when you answer the questions above? no sir

Do you listen to music? If so, what kind of music you listen to? as i said earlier, chillindude829 raps is all i play.

Between stats based, type based, move based and ability based, which metagame concept seems the best? And why? stats, imo they always make for the mos interesting + unique changes

If you have the power to add one perma ladder, what meta would you add and why? camomons (not biased i swear). i just like it alot

How do you motivate yourself to do tasks like homework or studying for tests? i tell myself if i dont do the tasks ill be fucked in the future. this is not guaranteed to work though

Last edited:
Can you please help me stop binge watching doctor who
this isnt a help line its an interview
it was all HAX. Meloetta just beat two perfect checks 1v2 by getting lucky. everyone likes to focus on the stupid granbull fiasco and the hyperspace hole (WHO THE FUCK USES THIS MOVE ??) kill but if I got off that sucker punch with weavile that game would have turned out completely differently. someone should calculate the odds of getting a tri attack para and then a full para right afterwards
also i fought that guy again the very next day and 6-0'd him but i dont see you saving that replay

One day, I was just surfing the internet when I came across this game online called Super Mario Flash. It blew me away, I really liked it. So much so that I joined the online forum community that accompanied the game and spent a year or two there.
Do you have any levels that youre willing to share

Do you have any levels that youre willing to share
I wish I did but the forums itself has been down for years now, so all the levels created by lil SW will forever be lost to us. I did however find my account (Link) on another forum made by this guy called seth which was created to be a rival to the main one, but it was just shit so everyone ended up leaving eventually. There's nothing too interesting there, all of my posts seemed to have been deleted at some point. Don't ask about the age, I must have been trying to dodge coppa or something

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
1. RNGIsFatal is gonna peak the BH ladder in next 6 months in your perspective as BH player y/y
2. Predict the year and month you will receive your first badge in Smogon.
3. Am I an annoyance in discord? Please be honest
4. Thoughts on Pdon ban vs Stakeout ban (I know we are looking at Stakeout first), never got a chance to ask or hear
5. Would you rather unban innards out in bh or ban the worst abuser RNG

Never said it before but you are great man and I am glad to know you. Keep up with whatever you are doing, don't be like Trollinator.

Would you rather (+why)...
not be able to smell or not be able to taste?
jump from an airplane without a parachute or climb up a sheer cliff without climbing gear?
Lose your right hand or lose your right foot?
Have your picture photoshopped to make you look like you were doing inappropriate sexual things, or have an audio recording of your voice manipulated into saying inappropriate sexual things?
die by firing squad or by the guillatine?
Lose to E4 Flint in Balanced Hackmons or lose to uselesscrab in balanced Hackmons?

1. RNGIsFatal is gonna peak the BH ladder in next 6 months in your perspective as BH player y/y
2. Predict the year and month you will receive your first badge in Smogon. provided my bribes have been accepted successfully by TI, this month
3. Am I an annoyance in discord? Please be honest not as much recently to be fair RNG
4. Thoughts on Pdon ban vs Stakeout ban (I know we are looking at Stakeout first), never got a chance to ask or hear i dont / didnt mind which first, i dont think either one would be a bad option
5. Would you rather unban innards out in bh or ban the worst abuser RNG free innhards out

Never said it before but you are great man and I am glad to know you. Keep up with whatever you are doing, don't be like Trollinator. thanks boss
Would you rather (+why)...
not be able to smell or not be able to taste? smell, though doesnt that then also affect your taste
jump from an airplane without a parachute or climb up a sheer cliff without climbing gear? climb the cliff, at least this option doesnt sound like a guaranteed death
Lose your right hand or lose your right foot? foot
Have your picture photoshopped to make you look like you were doing inappropriate sexual things, or have an audio recording of your voice manipulated into saying inappropriate sexual things? audio. with the second option, it sounds easier to pretend it wasn't me
die by firing squad or by the guillatine? firing squad, i heard stories of people surviving the guillotine after being decapitated. idk if that's true or not but im not taking any chances
Lose to E4 Flint in Balanced Hackmons or lose to uselesscrab in balanced Hackmons? losing to flint wouldnt that bad of a loss (lol sorry uc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)