Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Here are the winners:

Klutz - Dr_Dinosaur

At the end of the user's first turn in battle in which they use a move, any item other than a Z-Crystal or Mega Stone is immediately tossed as if using Fling.

Sticky Hold - Samtendo09

This Pokemon may not have its held item removed through the effects of Knock Off, Thief, Covet, Incinerate, Bug Bite, Pluck, Magician, or Pickpocket. This Pokemon is immune to Trick and Switcheroo. Ignores boosted damage from Knock Off, and any attempts will reduce the opposing Pokémon's Speed by one stage. Thief and Covet deal damage to this Pokemon but do not steal its item. Attempting to remove this item announces the ability. Neutralized by Mold Breaker.

Magician - Ludicrousity

Gains the effect of the foes item, aswell as the users. Cannot copy Mega Stones. Z-Crystals or pokemon specific items.

Pickpocket - Samtendo09

If this Pokémon does not currently hold an item, then after dealing damage with a contact move, it will steal the defender's item while dealing 1.3x damage.

Pickup - Mr. Querty

If the opponent tries to use a consumable item, this pokemon gains its effects.

Frisk - Dr_Dinosaur

Now disables the identified items for 3 turns. This works identically to Embargo.

Unburden - The Reptile

If this Pokemon entered the battle with an item and currently has no item, its speed is doubled.

I propose we start a new slate to see how many are actually still interested in this before we consider it to be dead.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Considering HeadsIWinTailsYouLose isn't interested in this, anyone want to take over? If not, I'll lead it until someone wants to.

Next slate proposal:

Inverse Abilities (Abilities that cause more harm than good)
Stall
Normalize
Heavy Metal
Lightweight
Forewarn
Anticipation

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Hm, I do like the concept of it, and currently I am running only Alolan Forms (With the rest of the concil), and as far as I know you can run two I think.
Tho I'd like to hear if anyone else wants to form a concil to run this.

Ludicrousity

Hm, I do like the concept of it, and currently I am running only Alolan Forms (With the rest of the concil), and as far as I know you can run two I think.
Tho I'd like to hear if anyone else wants to form a concil to run this.
You can run 2, but you have to get approval from G-Luke/Me and a mod like The Immortal.

Also, I guess we're running with that slate so...

Stall: This Pokemon moves last among Pokemon using the same or greater priority moves.
Normalize: This Pokemon's moves are changed to be Normal type and have 1.2x power.
Heavy Metal: This Pokemon's weight is doubled.
Healer: 30% chance of curing an adjacent ally's status at the end of each turn..
Forewarn: On switch-in, this Pokemon is alerted to the foes' move with the highest power.
Anticipation: On switch-in, this Pokemon shudders if any foe has a supereffective or OHKO move.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
You can run 2, but you have to get approval from G-Luke/Me and a mod like The Immortal
I'll see this with more caution tomorrow (due to time), but thanks for informing me.

Either way, my subs:

Ability (buff): Stall
Original Effect: This Pokemon moves last among Pokemon using the same or greater priority moves.
New Effect: Summons Trick Room upon Switchin
Why this is balanced: Well... I read "Goes last" and instantly linked it to Trick Room. Tho I feel this is sorta far-fetched so I'd like to hear some thoughts of wether to change it or not.

Ability (buff): Heavy Metal
Original Effect: Doubles user's weigth
New Effect: Steel Type -ate
Why this is balanced: Because it's a clone of other abilities that aren't broken.

Ability (buff): Normalize
Original Effect: Turns moves into Normal-Type and boost them by 1.2x
New Effect: Boosts Normal-Type moves by 1.3x
Why this is balanced: Not that big of a buff in damage but a huge boost overal when compared to the older effect

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Sorry for the double post, but the OP states that Truant, Slow Start and Defeatist should not be balanced out. We should replace them with other bad abilities (Light Metal, Forewarn and Healer are honestly pretty bad/situational).

Ludicrousity

Sorry for the double post, but the OP states that Truant, Slow Start and Defeatist should not be balanced out. We should replace them with other bad abilities (Light Metal, Forewarn and Healer are honestly pretty bad/situational).
oop, my bad. changed it to Light Metal, Forewarn and Anticipation

edit: Changed it again. Swapped Light Metal with Healer, because it was too similar to Heavy Metal

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

Ability: Stall
Original Effect: This Pokemon moves last among Pokemon using the same or greater priority moves.
New Effect: This pokemon takes 2/3 damage if it moves last in turn
Competitive Value: Instead of forcing the user to move last, it now gives a bonus if the user moves last. This can be extremely strong when paired with mons such as Shuckle, Toxapex and Ferrothorn.

Ability: Normalize
Original Effect: This Pokemon's moves are changed to be Normal type and have 1.2x power.
New Effect: This pokemon deals at least neutral damage to an opponent, excluding ability effects.
Competitive Value: This is extremely strong when paired with certain mons. The fact that no moves resist a mon with normalize makes it very good for mons who don't have the best coverage.

Ability: Heavy Metal
Original Effect: This Pokemon's weight is doubled.
New Effect: This pokemon's sound based moves deal 1.3x damage
Competitive Value: This can be a helping hand to some mons. I mainly made it this due to Heavy Metal Rock, which is know for being stupidly loud...

Ability: Healer
Original Effect: 30% chance of curing an adjacent ally's status at the end of each turn.
New Effect: This pokemon heals any volatile status condition on the team upon switch-in
Competitive Value: This ability allows for mons to become a cleric by simply switching in. It can be a good way to negate burns on many mons, and to get rid of Paralysis and other pesky status elements.

Ability: Forewarn
Original Effect: On switch-in, this Pokemon is alerted to the foes' move with the highest power.
New Effect: On switch-in, reveals the foes moveset. Fails if the foe has a status move
Competitive Value: Who needs to scout? With this version of forewarn, you instantly know all of your opponents moves, as long as they aren't running status, of course

Ability: Anticipation
Original Effect:
On switch-in, this Pokemon shudders if any foe has a super effective or OHKO move.
New Effect: This pokemon takes 3/4 damage from super effective moves.
Competitive Value: Super Effective hits getting you down? No problem, simply slap this ability onto a pokemon and watch all of your problems disappear... Well, most of them at least.

Original Effect: This pokémon moves move last among pokémon using the same or greater priority moves.
New Effect: Indirect damage inflicted while this pokémon is on the field deals 1.5x damage, but if the user uses a status move it moves last.
Competitive Value: The fact that it must move last makes a huge diference (Taunt, by example), but the damage boost too, but it can be backfired if the user is poisoned, dealing more damage. Also mean stall wont take 114 moves to kill a single mon.

Original Effect: This pokemon moves are changed to normal type and have 1.2x power
New Effect: This pokémon can infatuate any pokémon, including genderless ones.
Competitive Value: So it basicaly gives a new use to the pokemons that have Normalize: the charmer.

Original Effect: 30% chance of curing adjant ally status at the end of the turn.
New Effect: When this pokémon switches, the new pokémon gets 30% of its health back.
Competitive Value: This allows for balance have their sweepers regain health and switch-in easly. Also helps if the new pokémon has a focus sash, but it has hazards in your side.

Original Effect: On switch in, this Pokémon is alerted to the foes' move with the highest power.
New Effect: On switch in, this Pokémon is alerted to the foes' move with the highest power and disables it for 3 turns.
Competitive Value: This means the oponent, if choice-locked, will need to switch, if not he will not have the strongest move.

Original Effect: On switch-In, this pokémon is alerted if foes super-effectives moves or OHKOs.
New Effect: Shen you or an oposing pokémon switches-in, detect if the oponent has a super-effective move or a OHKO.
Competitive Value: This means that you became harder to revenge kill: if you is using a ferrothorn Forewarn, if the oponent switches-in something, you know if they are running a fire move.

Note: Yes, I know these are all stall abilitys, but I plan on focusing on a playstile each phase. And yes I know heavy metal is missing. I couldnt find anything that maked sence.

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

Original Effect: This pokemon moves are changed to normal type and have 1.2x power
Competitive Value: So it basicaly gives a new use to the pokemons that have Normalize (a. k. a. Delcaty, the only that has it): the charmer.
All pokemon get these abilities, so try to balance them not around the mons that get it, but around other abilities.

All pokemon get these abilities, so try to balance them not around the mons that get it, but around other abilities.
Oh sorry. But did this was written because of my comment "(a. k. a. Delcaty, the only that has it)" or anyother reason? Does I need to change or something? Sorry if I did something wrong outside of that comment.

Ludicrousity

Oh sorry. But did this was written because of my comment "(a. k. a. Delcaty, the only that has it)" or anyother reason? Does I need to change or something? Sorry if I did something wrong outside of that comment.
Don't worry, no need to change it. Was just saying all pokemon get all abilities.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Original Effect: 30% chance of curing an adjacent ally's status at the end of each turn.
New Effect: 50% of chance to heal team's status at the end of each turn
Competitive Value: This ability will make their users can acts as clerics by virtue of their abilities, without the need to use a moveslot for Heal Bell, that could make Pokemon with this ability can use this moveslot for another utility move.

New Effect: This pokemon will receive 3/4 damage of the first two moves it receives. This effect regenerates with each switch
Competitive Value: I thought this kind of metal would be also harder to scratch, so it could take some extra hits. Anyways, this ability could be useful for bulky attackers to take a hit easier and attacking in return (like an unusual revenge killer) or being able to take hits to support the team with hazards, Trick Room, status applying, etc.

Original Effect: On switch-in, this Pokémon shudders if any foe has a super effective or OHKO move.
New Effect: If the foe tries to use a super effective move in this turn, the ability's user move will have +1 of priority
Competitive Value: Anticipating a super effective attack it's not enough, you must react quickly to it, and here is where this ability has sense (I guess) making the enemy a bit reluctant to use super effective moves if target has a coverage move can be used to strike back, or giving the users of this ability free priority to spread a status or support move

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Original Effect: This Pokémon moves move last among Pokémon using the same or greater priority moves.
New Effect: If this Pokémon moves last, it cannot hurt itself by Confusion, be fully paralyzed, immobilized by love or flinched, and restore HP by 10% when this happens.
Competitive Value: A nice counter against Swagger, but also a good way to stop the Para-Flinch hax. It also helps compensate the confusion-inducing effect from Outrage, Petal Dance and Thrash (but who uses the latter move anyway?) and gives slight health when any of the triggers would happen, but it only benefits the slowest Pokémon.

Original Effect: This Pokémon's moves will be all converted into Normal-type.
New Effect: Convert the type of all Pokémon into Normal upon switch in, including the Pokémon with this Ability. Anyone inflicted by this Ability will recover its original type upon switching out. Had no effect on Pokémon with Multitype or RKS System Ability.
Competitive Value: This will not only remove the STAB of the opponent (unless if already a Normal-type), but it also makes Fighting-type coverage more useful. That said, the Pokémon with Normalize can also lose its original STAB, so Normal-type Pokémon can use this without too much hassle.

Original Effect: This Pokémon's This Pokemon's weight is doubled.
New Effect: The user's Steel-type moves will deal 33% more damage on Pokémon that weight less than the user.
Competitive Value: Steel-type moves aren't well known for being both strong and accurate, with one exception of Sunsteel Strike (which is exclusive for Solgaleo anyway). This Ability will help heavyweight Pokémon to make good use of Heavy Slam, Gyro Ball, Meteor Mash, Iron Tail, Iron Head, and Steel Wings.

New Effect: This Pokémon heals itself or an adjacent ally by 15% of HP if they get hit by an enemy. 25% chance of curing its or an ally's status at the end of each turn.
Competitive Value: Serves as an alternate of Leftover, but also kept its original purpose that can also now apply to the user, allowing for a better cleric role, especially in Doubles. However, the HP healing only works if the Pokémon get hurts by an enemy, nothing else.

Original Effect: On switch-in, this Pokemon is alerted to the foes' move with the highest power.
New Effect: On switch-in, this Pokémon is alerted if any of the foes' moves had a compatible Z-Crystal or had a BP that had 100 BP or higher. Can detect more than one move and can detail multiple triggers.
Competitive Value: Allows the Pokémon with Forewarn to detect a Z-Crystal, or a dangerous counter such as Earthquake, Fire Blast, Thunder or Blizzard. Remember that a Z-Move can turn the tide, so knowing which Pokémon had one can be vital.

Original Effect: On switch-in, this Pokémon shudders if any foe has a super effective or OHKO move.
New Effect: On switch-in, this Pokémon's Speed is increased by one stage if any foe has a Super Effective or OHKO move.
Competitive Value: A good way to gain a free speed boost without making any Pokémon needlessly overpowered unlike Speed Boost(look what happened to Blaziken with Speed Boost if you don't know why I mentioned Speed Boost), as it allows a potential revenge kill surprise against a non-speed-boosted sweeper.

New Effect: Every other turn, enemy goes last if moving at same priority.
Competitive Value: Great to stop fast and dangerous sweepers. A burn they can't outrun? Yes please.

Original Effect: This Pokemon's moves are changed to be Normal type and have 1.2x power.
New Effect: Normal version of Steelworker.
Competitive Value: Unfortunately not a god tier an ability, access to a consistent, high PP 153 power coverage move never hurt anyone, well, the enemy maybe.

New Effect: While this Pokemon is in play, enemy steel moves will fail.
Competitive Value: Locking access to steel moves is pretty tight, a good way to stop Scizor and Metagross and any Shift Gear users, so it could probably force a certain prehistoric Uber down a tier? Maybe if too strong it disable's user Steel moves too? But the ability is mostly available to steel types, so.... hmmm.

New Effect: Inverse Regenerate, target incoming gets healed. Fails if user is KOed.
Competitive Value: A great way to patch up your allies. Little more even needs to be said. Combine with wish for better healing.

New Effect: Reveals an enemy Pokemon you don't yet know is on their team.
Competitive Value: Just so you know, before I toned this down, this ability gave the player team preview, but I figured screeching would follow so I'd save myself the headache.

Original Effect: On switch-in, this Pokemon shudders if any foe has a super effective or OHKO move.
New Effect: On their first turn in, Pokemon protects themselves from all damage unless the move either never misses, or can break defensives.
Competitive Value: Why worry about a dangerous switch-in when you can safely switch in to stop some foe running amok. Great way to get something in during a chaotic situation.

Ludicrousity

I guess we can open votes. Ludicrousity who exactally is currently running the mod so they can start the voting phase?
Currently nobody has asked, so I'll continue for now.

Voting is open:

AquaticPanic
New Effect: Summons Trick Room upon Switchin
Why this is balanced: Well... I read "Goes last" and instantly linked it to Trick Room. Tho I feel this is sorta far-fetched so I'd like to hear some thoughts of wether to change it or not.

Ludicrousity
New Effect: This pokemon takes 2/3 damage if it moves last in turn
Competitive Value: Instead of forcing the user to move last, it now gives a bonus if the user moves last. This can be extremely strong when paired with mons such as Shuckle, Toxapex and Ferrothorn.

EuSouAFazenda
New Effect: Indirect damage inflicted while this pokémon is on the field deals 1.5x damage, but if the user uses a status move it moves last.
Competitive Value: The fact that it must move last makes a huge diference (Taunt, by example), but the damage boost too, but it can be backfired if the user is poisoned, dealing more damage. Also mean stall wont take 114 moves to kill a single mon.

Samtendo09
New Effect: If this Pokémon moves last, it cannot hurt itself by Confusion, be fully paralyzed, immobilized by love or flinched, and restore HP by 10% when this happens.
Competitive Value: A nice counter against Swagger, but also a good way to stop the Para-Flinch hax. It also helps compensate the confusion-inducing effect from Outrage, Petal Dance and Thrash (but who uses the latter move anyway?) and gives slight health when any of the triggers would happen, but it only benefits the slowest Pokémon.

Dilasc
New Effect: Every other turn, enemy goes last if moving at same priority.
Competitive Value: Great to stop fast and dangerous sweepers. A burn they can't outrun? Yes please.

Original Effect: Turns moves into Normal-Type and boost them by 1.2x

AquaticPanic
New Effect: Boosts Normal-Type moves by 1.3x
Why this is balanced: Not that big of a buff in damage but a huge boost overal when compared to the older effect

Ludicrousity
New Effect: This pokemon deals at least neutral damage to an opponent, excluding ability effects.
Competitive Value: This is extremely strong when paired with certain mons. The fact that no moves resist a mon with normalize makes it very good for mons who don't have the best coverage.

EuSouAFazenda
Competitive Value: So it basicaly gives a new use to the pokemons that have Normalize: the charmer.

Samtendo09
New Effect: Convert the type of all Pokémon into Normal upon switch in, including the Pokémon with this Ability. Anyone inflicted by this Ability will recover its original type upon switching out. Had no effect on Pokémon with Multitype or RKS System Ability.
Competitive Value: This will not only remove the STAB of the opponent (unless if already a Normal-type), but it also makes Fighting-type coverage more useful. That said, the Pokémon with Normalize can also lose its original STAB, so Normal-type Pokémon can use this without too much hassle.

Dilasc
New Effect: Normal version of Steelworker.
Competitive Value: Unfortunately not a god tier an ability, access to a consistent, high PP 153 power coverage move never hurt anyone, well, the enemy maybe.

AquaticPanic
New Effect: Steel Type -ate
Why this is balanced: Because it's a clone of other abilities that aren't broken.

Ludicrousity
New Effect: This pokemon's sound based moves deal 1.3x damage
Competitive Value: This can be a helping hand to some mons. I mainly made it this due to Heavy Metal Rock, which is know for being stupidly loud...

Victor S. Court
New Effect: This pokemon will receive 3/4 damage of the first two moves it receives. This effect regenerates with each switch
Competitive Value: I thought this kind of metal would be also harder to scratch, so it could take some extra hits. Anyways, this ability could be useful for bulky attackers to take a hit easier and attacking in return (like an unusual revenge killer) or being able to take hits to support the team with hazards, Trick Room, status applying, etc.

Samtendo09
New Effect: The user's Steel-type moves will deal 33% more damage on Pokémon that weight less than the user.
Competitive Value: Steel-type moves aren't well known for being both strong and accurate, with one exception of Sunsteel Strike (which is exclusive for Solgaleo anyway). This Ability will help heavyweight Pokémon to make good use of Heavy Slam, Gyro Ball, Meteor Mash, Iron Tail, Iron Head, and Steel Wings.

Dilasc
New Effect: While this Pokemon is in play, enemy steel moves will fail.
Competitive Value: Locking access to steel moves is pretty tight, a good way to stop Scizor and Metagross and any Shift Gear users, so it could probably force a certain prehistoric Uber down a tier? Maybe if too strong it disable's user Steel moves too? But the ability is mostly available to steel types, so.... hmmm.

Ludicrousity
New Effect: This pokemon heals any volatile status condition on the team upon switch-in
Competitive Value: This ability allows for mons to become a cleric by simply switching in. It can be a good way to negate burns on many mons, and to get rid of Paralysis and other pesky status elements.

EuSouAFazenda
New Effect: When this pokémon switches, the new pokémon gets 30% of its health back.
Competitive Value: This allows for balance have their sweepers regain health and switch-in easly. Also helps if the new pokémon has a focus sash, but it has hazards in your side.

Victor S. Court
New Effect: 50% of chance to heal team's status at the end of each turn
Competitive Value: This ability will make their users can acts as clerics by virtue of their abilities, without the need to use a moveslot for Heal Bell, that could make Pokemon with this ability can use this moveslot for another utility move.

Samtendo09
New Effect: This Pokémon heals itself or an adjacent ally by 15% of HP if they get hit by an enemy. 25% chance of curing its or an ally's status at the end of each turn.
Competitive Value: Serves as an alternate of Leftover, but also kept its original purpose that can also now apply to the user, allowing for a better cleric role, especially in Doubles. However, the HP healing only works if the Pokémon get hurts by an enemy, nothing else.

Dilasc
New Effect: Inverse Regenerate, target incoming gets healed. Fails if user is KOed.
Competitive Value: A great way to patch up your allies. Little more even needs to be said. Combine with wish for better healing.

On switch-in, this Pokemon is alerted to the foes' move with the highest power.

Ludicrousity
New Effect: On switch-in, reveals the foes moveset. Fails if the foe has a status move
Competitive Value: Who needs to scout? With this version of forewarn, you instantly know all of your opponents moves, as long as they aren't running status, of course

EuSouAFazenda
New Effect: On switch in, this Pokémon is alerted to the foes' move with the highest power and disables it for 3 turns.
Competitive Value: This means the oponent, if choice-locked, will need to switch, if not he will not have the strongest move.

Samtendo09
New Effect: On switch-in, this Pokémon is alerted if any of the foes' moves had a compatible Z-Crystal or had a BP that had 100 BP or higher. Can detect more than one move and can detail multiple triggers.
Competitive Value: Allows the Pokémon with Forewarn to detect a Z-Crystal, or a dangerous counter such as Earthquake, Fire Blast, Thunder or Blizzard. Remember that a Z-Move can turn the tide, so knowing which Pokémon had one can be vital.

Dilasc
New Effect: Reveals an enemy Pokemon you don't yet know is on their team.
Competitive Value: Just so you know, before I toned this down, this ability gave the player team preview, but I figured screeching would follow so I'd save myself the headache.

Original Effect: On switch-in, this Pokemon shudders if any foe has a super effective or OHKO move.

Ludicrousity
New Effect: This pokemon takes 3/4 damage from super effective moves.
Competitive Value: Super Effective hits getting you down? No problem, simply slap this ability onto a pokemon and watch all of your problems disappear... Well, most of them at least.

EuSouAFazenda
New Effect: When you or an oposing pokémon switches-in, detect if the oponent has a super-effective move or a OHKO.
Competitive Value: This means that you became harder to revenge kill: if you is using a ferrothorn Forewarn, if the oponent switches-in something, you know if they are running a fire move.

Victor S. Court
New Effect: If the foe tries to use a super effective move in this turn, the ability's user move will have +1 of priority
Competitive Value: Anticipating a super effective attack it's not enough, you must react quickly to it, and here is where this ability has sense (I guess) making the enemy a bit reluctant to use super effective moves if target has a coverage move can be used to strike back, or giving the users of this ability free priority to spread a status or support move

Samtendo09
New Effect: On switch-in, this Pokémon's Speed is increased by one stage if any foe has a Super Effective or OHKO move.
Competitive Value: A good way to gain a free speed boost without making any Pokémon needlessly overpowered unlike Speed Boost(look what happened to Blaziken with Speed Boost if you don't know why I mentioned Speed Boost), as it allows a potential revenge kill surprise against a non-speed-boosted sweeper.

Dilasc
New Effect: On their first turn in, Pokemon protects themselves from all damage unless the move either never misses, or can break defensives.
Competitive Value: Why worry about a dangerous switch-in when you can safely switch in to stop some foe running amok. Great way to get something in during a chaotic situation.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Stall: AquaticPanic, Samtendo09
Normalize: Dilasc, EuSouAFazenda
Heavy Metal: Victor S. Court, AquaticPanic
Healer: Dilasc, Victor S. Court
Forewarm: EuSouAFazenda
Anticipation: Victor S. Court, Samtendo09

Stall Samtendo09, Ludicrousity
Normalize AquaticPanic, Dilasc
Heavy Metal Ludicrousity Samtendo09
Healer Victor S. Court, Ludicrousity
Forewarn Samtendo09, Ludicrousity
Anticipation Victor S. Court, Samtendo09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)