The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Luck will probably not practice for weeks, and it's hard to imagine they will beat last years 8-8 record when they start 0-4.

Steelers Pats Packers Seahawks probably all win their divisions handily, I'd probably put money on the Falcons and Titans. I don't care who wins the AFC west or NFC east but I'd probably go with Broncos and Eagles.

AFC wild cards are probably #2 and #3 in West or Bengals, NFC could be Lions/Panthers/Bucs/Cowboys, in descending likeliness. I think usually 3-4 out of seven division leaders change every year, and change is most likely in AFC West and South and NFC East and South.

Because they aren't good enough? They're not better than the second and third place teams in the afc west, and probably not better than the ravens, Bengals, or dolphins either. Their only chance at the playoffs is winning the division, which is still possible given how bad it sucks
Also Luck will probably not practice for weeks, and it's hard to imagine they will beat last years 8-8 record when they start 0-4.

Steelers Pats Packers Seahawks probably all win their divisions handily, I'd probably put money on the Falcons and Titans. I don't care who wins the AFC west or NFC east but I'd probably go with Broncos and Eagles.

AFC wild cards are probably #2 and #3 in West or Bengals, NFC could be Lions/Panthers/Bucs/Cowboys, in descending likeliness. I think usually 3-4 out of seven division leaders change every year, and change is most likely in AFC West and South and NFC East and South.
lol.
Look at this schedule and tell me the Colts are going 8-8 or worse. Also, Andrew Luck will only miss at the most 2 games. He is 90% healthy but his injury is one he's been playing through since 2015 and Pagano and Ballard are cautious and rightfully so about putting him in in early season games in our easier stretch. The Colts defense was a key aspect of new GM Chris Ballard's first offseason. He obviously can't undo 4 years of Ryan Grigson's shitty drafting and FA decisions in one offseason but he did a great job infusing the unit with more youth and competition. It's not great but it's a great improvement in one offseason. Also, the offensive line issues are greatly over exaggerated. In the last 4-5 games of 2016 the line allowed Luck to be one of the least hit quarterbacks in the league which is a positive sign going forward even with Ryan Kelly's injury.
And with that being said, the Colts are NOT worse than the Broncos, Chargers, Ravens, or Bengals. Chiefs is debatable. Based on this schedule and our roster, I'd say we should go 11-5 or 10-6 which should snag one of the 2 wild card spots. I think Houston wins the division by a game only because of Luck's injury though.

Colts are prolly finishing last in that division tbh. Didn't help their prospects when Luck was ruled out early this week and the owner is basically calling him "week to week" which projects as a multi-week absence but not long enough to where they would've just put him on PUP. Same kind of thing for Vontae Davis which is a huge blow for a talent-deficient defense.

Colts are prolly finishing last in that division tbh. Didn't help their prospects when Luck was ruled out early this week and the owner is basically calling him "week to week" which projects as a multi-week absence but not long enough to where they would've just put him on PUP. Same kind of thing for Vontae Davis which is a huge blow for a talent-deficient defense.
1) We're against the Rams...As bad as Scott Tolzien is, he can win that game and then Jacoby can start until Luck is ready but Luck should be ready for Week 2 to be honest.
2) I know we have Jaguars fans in here that will beat me up for saying this, but there's no way the Colts are worse than them. The Jags always have hype but they can't seem to ever produce anything resembling a productive football team because of their quarterback situation and bad offensive line and they think spending big in free agency helps. Colts, Texans, and Titans will fight for the division and the Jags will be lucky to have 6 wins unless I can be proven wrong for once regarding their offense.

Broncos will win the West and restore the natural order. Siemian will get AFC Offensive Player of The Month in November or December, while an injury to Gronk in week 12 will make the Patriots drop a couple games to sit back to Seed 2. And we all know the Patsies can't win in Denver.

Broncos will win the West and restore the natural order. Siemian will get AFC Offensive Player of The Month in November or December, while an injury to Gronk in week 12 will make the Patriots drop a couple games to sit back to Seed 2. And we all know the Patsies can't win in Denver.
You mean Kyle Sloter instead of Trevor Siemian right?

Tell me you aren't one of those who think: A- A 3rd stringer is the best QB ever. B- A QB can't improve from his first year.

Siemian played most of the season with a separated shoulder, behind cones standing for OL, with no Running Game and an offense that should never have left the 90s. Things are different now.

Kyle Sloter got cut by the Broncos and is now on the Vikings practice squad lol.

Also I doubt Luck plays by Week 2, he doesn't have a timetable to return and I've seen no indication he returns soon after sitting out all of camp. He probably will be back before Week 7 since he was activated off PUP, but I could see the Colts playing like one of the worst teams in the league without their starting QB. They're led by Scott Tolzien, who's not good, and I doubt Brissett is ready to jump in if Tolzien struggles since he just joined the team a few days ago. The defense is still bottom half and is already missing some key players due to injuries. I wouldn't call it a stretch that the Rams beat them since the Rams defense is competent enough to be able to force some turnovers and create opportunities for their offense to capitalize.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Luck is struggling with post-surgery confidence, which is why he isn't back yet. He's been cleared physically, he's just mentally still tentative which happens to most athletes after a major surgery to their main weapon. There's a saying about recovery from injury or surgery, whatever the physical timetable is you double that for the head. I have experience with this personally as well so I know how real the struggle is. Luck, regardless of when he begins to play, will not be totally comfortable again until at least midseason

The Colts are cursed until they apologize for the great pain they caused the country 2 years ago, they can't make the postseason till they apologize.
Siemian played most of the season with a separated shoulder, behind cones standing for OL, with no Running Game and an offense that should never have left the 90s. Things are different now.
The only thing that will be different about the Broncos this year is that they'll be the 4th best team in their division and not the 3rd.

In this post: killah forgets the cowboys, chargers, chiefs, and raiders exist
someone's gonna be upset, and I'd be willing to bet those two divisions end up with new winners. The Cowboys especially lost key members of the OLine and Secondary and minus Zeke could be 3-4 by the time he comes back in November. I literally don't care about the AFC West and any of those 4 teams could win, but I like Siemian and think they could win the division at 11-5.

Killah Is there gonna be a pick'em thread this year? was disappointed that there wasn't one last year since I wanted to see if I could've defended my title from the year before. If you're busy, I can set it up instead.

lol.
Look at this schedule and tell me the Colts are going 8-8 or worse. Also, Andrew Luck will only miss at the most 2 games. He is 90% healthy but his injury is one he's been playing through since 2015 and Pagano and Ballard are cautious and rightfully so about putting him in in early season games in our easier stretch. The Colts defense was a key aspect of new GM Chris Ballard's first offseason. He obviously can't undo 4 years of Ryan Grigson's shitty drafting and FA decisions in one offseason but he did a great job infusing the unit with more youth and competition. It's not great but it's a great improvement in one offseason. Also, the offensive line issues are greatly over exaggerated. In the last 4-5 games of 2016 the line allowed Luck to be one of the least hit quarterbacks in the league which is a positive sign going forward even with Ryan Kelly's injury.
And with that being said, the Colts are NOT worse than the Broncos, Chargers, Ravens, or Bengals. Chiefs is debatable. Based on this schedule and our roster, I'd say we should go 11-5 or 10-6 which should snag one of the 2 wild card spots. I think Houston wins the division by a game only because of Luck's injury though.
LOL Broncos and Colts primetime game for like the billionth time... welp at least I know the Colts are winning one game

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
someone's gonna be upset, and I'd be willing to bet those two divisions end up with new winners. The Cowboys especially lost key members of the OLine and Secondary and minus Zeke could be 3-4 by the time he comes back in November. I literally don't care about the AFC West and any of those 4 teams could win, but I like Siemian and think they could win the division at 11-5.
The only oline member the cowboys lost was their weakest link to begin with. If anything it got better. Also they can win without zeke as dmac and Morris are both proven commodities. The eagles would be a more believable scenario, though, than the Broncos, who have done nothing to improve from last season and just jettisoned one of the best safeties in the NFL, which takes away from their alleged strength, the defense. Siemian is a competent game manager, but their running game and o line are still ass and he does not have the talent or experience to carry that team to a division crown over the likes of the raiders and chefs. The only reason they could conceivably be better than the chargers is their defense, and it's highly debatable whether that'd be enough. The Broncos will be lucky to get to 9-7, realistically 7-9 or 8-8.

Tell me you aren't one of those who think: A- A 3rd stringer is the best QB ever. B- A QB can't improve from his first year.

It was a joke

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
looks like zeke gets the full 6 game suspension after all, though he's playing this week. Can't wait til this cba ends so they can get a new one where Goodell doesn't have such broad discretion.

AFC East: Patriots
AFC South: Titans
AFC West: Raiders
AFC North: Steelers

AFC WC1: Chargers
AFC WC2: Bengals

NFC East: Giants
NFC South: Panthers
NFC West: Seahawks
NFC North: Packers

NFC WC1: Cowboys
NFC WC2: Bucs

NFC Title Game: GMen over Packers
AFC Title Game: Pats over Titans

Super Bowl: Pats over GMen, Pats overcome their demons and win 3 out of 4 to bookend the dynasty.

Really pumped for this season, I could see as many as 10 teams (all the division winners and both WC1s) threatening for the SB depending on how things shake out and who comes together. Minny and Ravens knocking on the door to the playoffs but falling short.

AFC East: Patriots
AFC South: Titans
AFC West: Raiders
AFC North: Steelers

AFC WC1: Chargers
AFC WC2: Bengals

NFC East: Giants
NFC South: Panthers
NFC West: Seahawks
NFC North: Packers

NFC WC1: Cowboys
NFC WC2: Bucs

NFC Title Game: GMen over Packers
AFC Title Game: Pats over Titans

Super Bowl: Pats over GMen, Pats overcome their demons and win 3 out of 4 to bookend the dynasty.

Really pumped for this season, I could see as many as 10 teams (all the division winners and both WC1s) threatening for the SB depending on how things shake out and who comes together. Minny and Ravens knocking on the door to the playoffs but falling short.
Someone get this man... Panthers winning NFC South and Falcons not making it at all... don't even let me address you thinking the Titans are going to the AFC Championship...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)