SM UU Break This Team Mk. II (Week 8 - Hiatus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader

Taken over from Highways || Approved by Ark || Banner by monomite
Welcome to SM UU Break This Team (Mk II)! This project follows a simple layout, similar to the submission and voting stages that other projects have implemented in the past, such as nv's UU Matchmaking project. Most metagame defining teams may seem perfect on the surface, but they all have their undeniable flaws, and this project aims to help point out those weak links. Each week, I'll post a team that was built by someone invested in the metagame, and the participants will then try to break this team with a core made of just two Pokémon.

As stated earlier, the project will have two phases each week: the submission phase and the voting phase. The submission phase will have a duration of five days and participants are allowed to post a core with two Pokémon within that time. Then the voting phase will last two days and people can vote for their two favorite cores (this number is subject to change, depending on the amount of submitted cores). Feel free to discuss about team's impact on the metagame and what kind of core will eventually defeat it, if you want to. Lastly, if you win a week, you will be placed in the Hall of Fame and in the SMUU Projects Hall of Fame, and if you won three weeks, you'll be able to PM me with your own team and it will be submitted in this thread for that other people try to break it!

~Rules~

• Please attempt to not post one-liners. This includes extremely short descriptions. You don't need to write an elaborate essay, but try to at least provide a satisfactory description of the core. Don't post "these Pokémon work well together and I think that it will break this team ", try to elaborate on a good post with an explanation of how the core performs against the team.
  • This is not a counterteaming competition. This is an attempt to get the community to find viable, functional cores that work generally well in the meta which the team of the week is weak to.
  • By extension, try not to post gimmicky sets. Using Flamethrower Mega Aerodactyl to take advantage of a Forretress is NOT a viable choice.
  • Again, participants are only allowed to post one core with only two Pokémon.
  • Please don't vote on your own core, or I'll ask forum moderators to delete your post.
  • Don't rally people to vote for your own core. This is not fair at all to the other participants, and if you're caught doing this then you won’t be allowed to post or even offer any ideas in this thread.
  • A small explanation would be appreciated when voting.
  • You CAN'T submit Pokémon which are under suspect test because they're not officially in the tier.
  • Participants are allowed to do reservations, but if they don't post the sets with the explanation within 48 hours, other participants are allowed to take it. If you want an extension due to real life or internet issues, PM me (A Cake Wearing A Hat).
  • EDIT: In order to encourage creativity and originality between submissions, the same Pokemon can only be used three times maximum per submissions round.
  • Most importantly, have fun!
~Post Format~
Code:
[Pokémon Icon] [Pokémon Icon] [hide=Sets][/hide] **Insert explanation here**

For a good example of how submissions should be formatted, check out some winning submissions from the previous edition of Break This Team, such as here.

Please, post like this because it is easier to copypaste!

Users placed here are not allowed to post here anymore!
  • Fortunately, this is empty :]

~Current Team~
Our next team is from the distinguished Eyan!

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Swords Dance

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 124 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Krookodile @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

The team basically follows a not too hard to understand plan of Heracross + Spikes + Thunder Wave and general status support. Next up was the core of Klefki, Jellicent, and Porygon2. Klefki is the spiker, Jellicent the spin blocker, and Porygon2 being the general catch-all midground check to threats. Overall, they share some decently good defensive synergy too. Krookodile was for rocks and just another way to prevent hazards from being removed, and Groundium Z reduced Knock Off damage + deals major damage to general switch-ins. Aerodactyl was for some final speed control since 2 Pokemon with Thunder Wave doesn't cut it that way for me. Overall, general strategies to dealing with big threats involve pivoting between the defensive core and getting the right status inflicted before either walling them to death or getting rid of them with one of the harder hitters.

--

Voting due Friday!

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Hall of Fame formatting:
Week x | Winner: [name of the winner]
[Mini sprites of the team of the week]
[Sprites of the winner(s)]
彡彡彡彡彡彡彡彡彡
Hall of Fame
彡彡彡彡彡彡彡彡彡

Week 1 | Winner: CodeRed23

Week 2 | Winner: pokemon sparrow

Week 3 | Winner: ridk021

Week 4 | Winner: TSR

Week 5 | Winner: TSR

Week 6 | Winner: TSR (Again)

Week 7 | Winner: Accelgor

Last edited:

explodingdaisies

What's the point of talking if nobody ever listens
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
+

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Scald

Entei+Prima core put in HUGE work against this team. This team really relies on Hydreigon being the water switchin. With Prima's water+fairy STAB you're put into a 5050 situation when Prima is in. It can be pressured well with freeze dry mamo and mmane but if it gets a free switchin, slow voltturned in, or bought in on a sack, it can wreak havoc on this team. Specs prima will either get a kill or hit something extremely hard when it's in.

The same can be said about Entei. Once again hydreigon is the fire switchin. Hydreigon takes a minimum of 41% from Banded Sacred Fire and 44% from E-speed. It gets 1 switchin to Entei before it's 2HKO'd. Jirachi has to rely on flinching to kill Entei as +1 iron head does max 30%.

Reserving Cobalion + Infernape

+

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish

pls use fighting resists sparrow ;_;

Pretty simple concept, there's no Fighting resist on this team so having two of them can crush the extremely limited counterplay as fast as possible. Cobalion can completely wall Scizor and set up in a lategame scenario or just get a huge hit off early game with Z-(or not) Close Combat, as well as come in (for free preferably) on Hydreigon or Mamoswine and collect free kills. Infernape acts in the exact same manner without setting up, and allows you to reliably revenge kill Z-Happy Hour Jirachi as well as outspeeding the entirety of the team not including the Scarfape mirror.

@below: Umbreon SUCKS in GSC :blobnauseated:

Last edited:
+

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze

Gen2forever!
While most would probably dismiss the idea of using Umbreon in UU it's very hard to deny how effective it is against Happy Hour Jirachi, taking 31% max from +1 Iron Head with zero chance to get flinched and dealing a minimum of 70% with Foul Play in return. Outside of that Umbreon actually gives the rest of this team plenty of trouble as well, easily shrugging off EQ's from Mamo and T-bolts from M-Manectric, locking Infernape and Hydreigon into a move with Protect, and being able to do massive damage to Scizor with Foul Play should it switch in (although I don't recommend actually staying in against Scizor unless you're sure it's not running Bug STAB). And finally, Toxic helps with breaking down some of the things that resist Foul Play and provides some decent team support in general.

Mantine on the other hand helps out by tanking the Fighting and Bug attacks aimed at Umbreon, absorbing Scalds, Hazing away any stat boosts, and keeping Hazards off the field for the rest of the team. It's a solid answer to most Scizor and Infernape sets and just has great defensive utility that any team can enjoy, but I doubt I need to explain that to ya'll.

With all that said, if Umbreon is considered too gimmicky then let me know and I shall delete this post.

@Above: True, but I've always seen it as a bit of an Umbrdog.

Last edited:

Akai

Indeed akai is either a mom or 50
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earth Power

Umbreon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

I decided to go on Gastrodon because with his double type the pokemon is immune to manetric stab and that pokemon can wall infernape, scizor and jirachi, also his ability Sticky Hold you are safe from a knock off from Scizor also he has an access to recovery but for the second pokemon I tried to figure out an offensive pokemon to deal with the last two pokemons in sparrow's team who is Mamosiwne and Hydreigon and I decided to use CodeRed23 ' set.(thank you dude) to complet my defensive core.

(sorry for my poor english, It is not my native tongue).

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
Community Leader

Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earth Power

Umbreon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

I decided to go on Gastrodon because with his double type the pokemon is immune to manetric stab and that pokemon can wall infernape, scizor and jirachi, also his ability Sticky Hold you are safe from a knock off from Scizor also he has an access to recovery but for the second pokemon I tried to figure out an offensive pokemon to deal with the last two pokemons in sparrow's team who is Mamosiwne and Hydreigon and I decided to use CodeRed23 ' set.(thank you dude) to complet my defensive core.

(sorry for my poor english, It is not my native tongue).
Unfortunately I cannot accept this core as-is because Sticky Hold Gastrodon is a gimmick which is inferior to Storm Drain in almost all situations except versus this team. The water immunity is a lot of what makes Gastrodon viable in the first place. Keep in mind, folks, that this isn't a counterteaming competition. This is a project where we attempt to find the common, viable weaknesses of teams. Feel free to post a different, edited core if you want, just try not to use gimmicks in the future!

Last edited:
Reserving terrakion scarf+Manectric-Mega
I actually chose terrakion scarf+specs Chandelure

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/ Toxic

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick/ Flamethrower

Since this team don't have anything to remove stealth rocks, I will consider they are one the field.

Scarf Terrakion outspeed all the team except Infernape, with wich it ties. It can OHKO everything except for Scizor and Jirachi, which it 2HKO.

Chandelure can OHKO scizor and +1 Spdef Naive Jirachi with Flamethrower while shadow ball OHKO Infernape, and since Infernape doesn't have stone edge, Chandelure don't takes a lot of damage from everything they throw at it, you should wary of Jirachy's flinchaxx thow.

252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 470-554 (130.1 - 153.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manectric-Mega: 235-277 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Terrakion Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manectric-Mega: 262-310 (93.2 - 110.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
-1 252 Atk Terrakion Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manectric-Mega: 176-208 (62.6 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 426-504 (131 - 155%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Infernape: 258-304 (88 - 103.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 195-231 (69.3 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 240-284 (74 - 87.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Terrakion Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 218-258 (63.9 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

152 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 87-103 (26.8 - 31.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Infernape Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 368-434 (113.5 - 133.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 92-108 (28.3 - 33.3%) -- 33.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 307-361 (94.7 - 111.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 1144-1348 (407.1 - 479.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 76- SpD Jirachi: 492-582 (144.2 - 170.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Infernape: 282-333 (96.2 - 113.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 77-90 (29.5 - 34.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 152-179 (58.2 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HK
+1 252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 89-105 (34 - 40.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 76 SpA Jirachi Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 57-67 (21.8 - 25.6%) -- 3.7% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Akai

Indeed akai is either a mom or 50
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Sorry if that's stupid to ask but could you tell me were everyone got these pokemon icons?
On a website you search pokemon sprit and you copy past the link of the picture!
Unfortunately I cannot accept this core as-is because Sticky Hold Gastrodon is a gimmick which is inferior to Storm Drain in almost all situations except versus this team. The water immunity is a lot of what makes Gastrodon viable in the first place. Keep in mind, folks, that this isn't a counterteaming competition. This is a project where we attempt to find the common, viable weaknesses of teams. Feel free to post a different, edited core if you want, just try not to use gimmicks in the future!
Ok I'll make another one then! And sorry I didn't get ver well the them of this topic, my bad...

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
Community Leader

Sorry if that's stupid to ask but could you tell me were everyone got these pokemon icons?
You can find Pokemon sprites by doing "/dt" for the mon on showdown and then clicking the name and going to "Flavor" at the bottom. Alternatively, you can transform team imports into sprite links using the Pokemon Sprite Converter here: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php

On a website you search pokemon sprit and you copy past the link of the picture!

Ok I'll make another one then! And sorry I didn't get ver well the them of this topic, my bad...
You can find Pokemon sprites by doing "/dt" for the mon on showdown and then clicking the name and going to "Flavor" at the bottom. Alternatively, you can transform team imports into sprite links using the Pokemon Sprite Converter here: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php
Thanks you.
I changed one of the pokemon I had reserved (my core had more trouble agaist infernape than I had originally though), is that allowed?

+

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Recover
- Taunt

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake

So, my core is colbur jellicent + scarf nape. Colbur jellicent allows scizors knock off to do little to nothing as you throw off a will-o-wisp, which cripples the set and also allows infernape to safely switchin since qa isnt doing anything. Colbur jellicent also completely walls the infernape set and can technically wall mamoswine as its a 3hko w/o any prior damage (if this core was run it would msot definetely need a better check to mamo)
Colbur jellicent can also live a energy ball from a +1 jirachi and can burn it, which can cripple it vs a lot of mons if infernape somehow dies. However jellicent loses hard to mega manetric + hydreigon, which is why scarfnape is here. Scarf infernape easily ruins hydreigon and can gain momentum through u turn so you dont instantly lose to the momentum gain of the volturn core on the team. As for mega manetric, thats why we have earthquake. Earthquake 2hkos mega manetric, and mega manetric cant do much back, as its not able to kill infernape with a thunderbolt. Earthquake also completely halts the voltturn combo as if it volt switches out into infernape, as eq also 2hkos that (this is assuming you are under the -1 from manetric)

There isnt much else to talk about but I will go ahead and explain what this core would need to completely counter this team. First of all it would need a better mamo check. While jellicent can check it, with rocks up it can not. The only other thing I would really suggest is maybe something to stop the momentum gain of the voltturn core, but that isnt a major problem as infernape shuts it down pretty quick.

Voting for TSR's core.
While I'm normally not a big fan of [insert type here] spam, Infernape and Coba seem like a fairly effective duo for breaking teams in the current meta due to how uncommon pure walls are (Although that might change soon now that rachi is gone), along side breaking this team of course.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Voting for CodeRed23, Umbreon is very good in this matchup and is also super slept on even after Rachi ban

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
Community Leader
Alright, the votes are in, and the winner of this week is CodeRed23! Congratulations! You've been added to the Hall of Fame!

Votes:
CodeRed23: 5
TSR: 3
bla bla fat: 1

As for the next week, we've got a team from Cynde!

Scizor @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Taunt
- Explosion

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 152 Atk / 180 SpA / 176 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Protect
- Waterfall

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The team was centered around Sharpedo spikes. Klefki, being the best spiker in the tier, was a natural choice, providing checks to Mega Gardevoir, Weavile and such. It has HP Fire so offensive Scizor can't set up for free and helps chip away at opposing Klefki in Klefki v Klefki situations, which is good for Sharpedo. Then I wanted lures to bulky water types so I went with Lum SD Scizor, which doubles as another wincon, and mixed Mamoswine, which gives me a check to Raikou, Manectric, and Gliscor, along with being a wallbreaker. Lati was there to make sure I had something to switch into Rotom-Wash. HP Fire again for Scizor and Klefki, which helps shark. Azelf is there for rocks.

Submissions are due Wednesday, October 4th at 7:00 PM GMT -5!

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
reserving chandelure + mandibuzz

Nothing on this team can directly switch into Chandelure safely, further to this, Chandelure can come onto the field for free versus both Azelf and Scizor. +2 Bullet Punch from Scizor isn't enough to KO Chandelure even after Stealth + 3 layers of Spikes. Chandelure is also faster than Mamoswine and can be a deterrent to Klefki. So having shutdown this teams set up sweeper and explaining ways in which Chandelure could come in for free I decided to look at what could come in versus the other four members. First I noticed that Sharpedo is not running Ice Fang, Mamoswine is not running Icicle Crash and Latias is not a CM variant nor is it running a Z move. Enter: Mandibuzz, none of the other 4 Pokemon can adequately handle this Pokemon. It can Defog hazards that deter Chandelure and it can click Foul Play in order to KO a +2 Scizor. Its Dark typing helps it avoid the status affect from Klefki; and Mamoswine, Sharpedo & Latias all fail to 2HKO even after rocks (unless you count 0.4% as a legitimate chance). Yes, Mandibuzz must watch out for Knock Off from Mamoswine, but once it comes in I can't really think of a situation in which it would need to switch out, especially if it manages to remove opposing Life Orbs with its own Knock Off.
+2 252 Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 107-126 (40.9 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, 3 layers of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mandibuzz: 282-333 (66.6 - 78.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 310-366 (110.3 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

180 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Freeze-Dry vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Mandibuzz: 143-172 (33.8 - 40.6%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Sharpedo-Mega Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mandibuzz: 133-157 (31.4 - 37.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Mandibuzz: 191-226 (45.1 - 53.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
-2 252 SpA Life Orb Latias Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Mandibuzz: 97-114 (22.9 - 26.9%) -- 99.3% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
--> 53.4+26.9-(100/16) = 74.05% (best case scenario)
Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

Last edited:
+

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

So the first thing that I noticed about the team is its isane weakness to hydreigon. Hydreigon can 1v1 quite almost every pokemon on his team bar latias. . Hydreigon also gets helped by the fact sharpedo isnt running ice fang, It also takes only a bit over half from mamoswines ice shard.

next up I knew I had to have something that could deal with scizor + mamoswine priority as hydreigon cant take both consecutively aswell as can hurt latias without taking much back. My answer to this was mandibuzz. mandibuzz brushes off attacks from mamoswine, latias, and can foul play to ohko an opposing +2 scizor. Sharpedo also cant touch it in the slightest and it takes nothing from klefki.

Also, neither of these mons care about spikes in the slightest, and mandibuzz can defog away rocks when they become a problem, as suicide lead azelf is most likely dead by the time mandibuzz is coming in. (mandibuzz can also come in on azelf safely as it rocks, you just need to predict explosion correctly and then roost)

In conclusion, dark type best type

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)