Pet Mod SylveMons (Discussion Phase)

I don’t see the problem with it tbh.
it's a freakin bird that flies
it flies in its animation
while you may say 'but dustox flies and isn't flying type' dustox isn't a bird and has a stronger link to Poison and Bug than it does to flying. there isn't a single flying bird based pokemon that isn't flying type - empoleon is based off a flightless bird and doesn't count.
it also has nothing to do with ghosts at all

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
it's a freakin bird that flies
it flies in its animation
while you may say 'but dustox flies and isn't flying type' dustox isn't a bird and has a stronger link to Poison and Bug than it does to flying. there isn't a single flying bird based pokemon that isn't flying type - empoleon is based off a flightless bird and doesn't count.
it also has nothing to do with ghosts at all
Decidueye bruh. Blaziken can also count.

Decidueye bruh. Blaziken can also count.
Forgot about those, but still...
Blaziken is based off a chicken which is not flightless but is very bad at flying really.
Decidueye is an owl from Hawaii, where owls have a link to death in folklore, so it gets ghost type. It's based off a stilt owl in particular which, while able to fly (it does get brave bird) was presumed to spend more time on the ground than most other owls, and may have sneaked up on prey on foot (this bit was just from some quick research but i see no reason to doubt it)

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Mmm is changing a weather against the rules? I mean, Hail is a move, but it's a weather as well, so...

Abilities:
Name: String Kicks
Existing Ability?: No
Effect: Boosts the power of kicking moves by 20% (Mega Kick, Low Kick, Double Kick, Rolling Kick, Jump Kick, Blaze Kick, High Jump Kick, Trop Kick, Low Sweep)
Niche: Aaaaaaaaaaaab.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Blaziken line (Replaces Speed Boost), Hitmonlee, (thats all i can think of)
I suggest Tsareena.

Name: Horn Aiming
Existing Ability?: N
Effect: Allows a Pokemon to hit a Ground-Type with Electric-Type moves and Thunder Wave.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Pikachu Line (anyone have any ideas?)
I know why you're calling it that, but seeing as though not all ground-types have horns, maybe a more serious name?

Here's an ability I planned which is also based on Ash's pikachu to inexplicably electricute ground types, while being more serious.

Scorched Earth:

This Pokemon's Electric attacks are not very effective instead of ineffective when used on a Ground-type and their Fire attacks are normally effective instead of not very effective when used on a Ground type.

Feel free to adapt this.
Name: Air Stream
Effect: Summons the new weather Air Current for 5 turns. In this weather, Flying-Types take 0.75* damage from Electric, Rock, and Ice-Type moves, and the move Hurricane has perfect accuracy.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Drifblim line, Altaria line

Name: Wind Glider
Effect: Doubles the Pokemon's Speed under an Air Current
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Moltress, Braviary line, Murkrow Line

Name: Air Current
Existing Move?: No
Category: Status
Type: Flying
PP:
Effect: Summons the new weather Air Current for 5 turns. In this weather, Flying-Types take 0.75* damage from Electric, Rock, and Ice-Type moves, and the move Hurricane has perfect accuracy.
Priority: 0
Misc.: Summons the weather for 8 turns if holding a Breeze Rock.
Z-Move: 160 BP
Niche: Aaaab.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Everything that learns Tailwind

Name: Breeze Rock
Existing Item?: No
Effect: Allows the holder to summon an Air Current for eight turns rather than five.
Removable via Knock Off?: Yes
Ignored by Klutz?: Yes
Yes, this needs to spread beyond Mega-Ray.

A
Name: Rattled
Existing Ability?: Y
Effect: When hit by a bug, dark, or ghost type move, increase speed by 2 stages and gives focus energy effect.
Niche: This ability is also terrible, this should give mons who have this ability some actual use for it.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Generally easily scared pokemon
Bronzong and the Chingling line because they're bells? (I know it's the other meaning of Rattled, but still. They're weak to those moves anyway.)

EDIT:^ You could always add moves that work differently in that weather.

I suggest Tsareena.

I know why you're calling it that, but seeing as though not all ground-types have horns, maybe a more serious name?

Here's an ability I planned which is also based on Ash's pikachu to inexplicably electricute ground types, while being more serious.

Scorched Earth:

This Pokemon's Electric attacks are not very effective instead of ineffective when used on a Ground-type and their Fire attacks are normally effective instead of not very effective when used on a Ground type.

Feel free to adapt this.

Yes, this needs to spread beyond Mega-Ray.

Bronzong and the Chingling line because they're bells? (I know it's the other meaning of Rattled, but still. They're weak to those moves anyway.)

EDIT:^ You could always add moves that work differently in that weather.
Ground doesn’t resist fire

Name: Soul Scythe
Existing Move?: N
Category: Physical
Type: Ghost
PP: 10 (max 16)
Effect: 90 BP. User heals 33% of the damage dealt.
Misc.: Healing move (Blocked by Heal Block, boosted by Triage and Big Root), Slashing move (boosted by Knight's Blade), makes contact
Z-Move: Neverending Nightmare 175 BP
Niche: A real non-fake Ghost STAB.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Physical Ghost-types (Shuppet Line, Phantump line, Pumpkaboo line, Dhelmise, Golett line, Duskull line, Mimikyu, Spiritomb, Marowak-Alola, Honedge line), Scyther line

Name: Jetstream
Category: Special
PP: 30 (max 48)
Effect: 40 BP.
Priority: +1
Misc.: Aaaaab.
Z-Move: 100 BP Supersonic Skystrike
Niche: Another special priority move that can hit things that Vacuum Wave and Flame Bullet don't.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Most things that learn Hurricane should fit

Name: Aaaaaaab.
Existing Move?: Y/N
Category: Physical/Special/Status
Type: A
PP: B
Effect: Aaaaaab.
Priority: Aaaaaab.
Z-Move: Aaaaaaaaab.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: C, D, E, F...

Name: Wisdom
Effect: Damage taken by Pokemon moving before it 0.7x (basically defensive Analytic). Darmanitan only: cannot be removed, user enters battle in Zen Mode.
Niche: Gives some more defensive ability to various 'mons, and makes Zenmanitan actually usable.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Darmanitan, Wartortle/Blastoise, Rowlet line, Noctowl, Slowking, Xatu, Drampa, Omanyte line, Lileep line, Anorith line, Shieldon line, Tirtouga line, Amaura line, Relicanth

Name: Aaaaaab.
Existing Ability?: Y/N
Effect: Aaaaab.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: A, B, C, D...

more will probably come eventually

Name:
Vantage
Effect:
Stab attacks become priotiy when under 50%
Potential Pokemon With This Ability:
Talonflame, Meowstic-F, Zebstrika, Beautifly, Crabominable, Rapidash, nothing that also has belly drum.

Name:
Attack Order
Existing Move?: yes
Type: Bug
PP: 24
Effect: 90 BP. Boosts attack and special attack by 1.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Most bugs.

Type changes
Pokemon: Vespiquen
New typing: Bug
Niche:

Pokemon:
Crustle
New typing: Bug/Ground

Pokemon: Carracosta
New typing: Water/Steel

Last edited:
Name: Soul Scythe
Type: Ghost
PP: 10 (max 16)
Effect: 90 BP. User heals 33% of the damage dealt.
Misc.: Healing move (Blocked by Heal Block, boosted by Triage and Big Root), Slashing move (boosted by Knight's Blade), makes contact
Z-Move: Neverending Nightmare 175 BP
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Physical Ghost-types (Shuppet Line, Phantump line, Pumpkaboo line, Dhelmise, Golett line, Duskull line, Mimikyu, Spiritomb, Marowak-Alola, Honedge line), Scyther line

Name: Jetstream
Category: Special
PP: 30 (max 48)
Effect: 40 BP.
Priority: +1
Z-Move: 100 BP Supersonic Skystrike
Niche: Another special priority move that can hit things that Vacuum Wave and Flame Bullet don't.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Most things that learn Hurricane should fit

Name: Aaaaaaab.
Existing Move?: Y/N
Category: Physical/Special/Status
Type: A
PP: B
Effect: Aaaaaab.
Priority: Aaaaaab.
Z-Move: Aaaaaaaaab.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: C, D, E, F...

Name: Wisdom
Effect: Damage taken by Pokemon moving before it 0.7x (basically defensive Analytic). Darmanitan only: cannot be removed, user enters battle in Zen Mode.
Niche: Gives some more defensive ability to various 'mons, and makes Zenmanitan actually usable.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Darmanitan, Wartortle/Blastoise, Rowlet line, Noctowl, Slowking, Xatu, Drampa, Omanyte line, Lileep line, Anorith line, Shieldon line, Tirtouga line, Amaura line, Relicanth

Name: Aaaaaab.
Existing Ability?: Y/N
Effect: Aaaaab.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: A, B, C, D...

more will probably come eventually
alolan marowak with a 90 bp draining move....... (shudders)

Is there a template for changing Pokémon typings?

EDIT:
Pokemon: Hoothoot line
New typing: Normal/Flying -> Fairy/Flying
Niche: Gives Noctowl a pretty decent defensive typing and a good offensive typing, allowing it to take advantage of Tinted Lens better (and thank goodness it already get Moonblast). Weirdly enough, Noctowl with Agility (or maybe even Tricky Seed) will have the speed to make it work, and isn't the weakest thing in the world at 86 SpA.
We're you inspired by my eternal Hoothoot?

Last edited:
EDIT:

We're you inspired by my eternal Hoothoot?
Nah, that must be a funny coincidence. I got it from the fact that Moon-based moves tend to be Fairy plus Fairy/Flying would be generally better than Psychic/Flying or Dark/Flying. Though funnily enough, the last time I've submitted for Eternal Pokemon was that slate lol.

So an update: I made Bubblebeam (which is Water/Electric version of Flying Press) ineffective vs. ground as Yahooboo suggested (but I'm thinking it'd be much less viable this way as I wanted a coverage move that could hit Skarm, Lando, Charizard, and Heatran SE all at the same time)

Also, if someone wants a Normal/Ghost, I might have your fix.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Name: Dragon Rage
Existing Move?:
Y
Category:
Special
Type:
Dragon
PP:
Effect:
Does damage equal to the user's level.
Priority:
Misc.:
None
Z-Move: 100
Niche:
Dragon is a pretty good defensive type, but barely has anything to work with stall-wise. This gives the Dragon-Types that are stalling out a way of hitting the foe easly. This is a Seismic Toss clone.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Things that already had it

Name: Dark Claw
Existing Item?: No
Effect: Dark-Type Holder's attacks do 1.3 damage.
Removable via Knock Off?: No
Ignored by Klutz?: No
Fling: 30 BP
Niche: Item for the dark mons, unremovable from Knock Off, strengthens your own Knock Offs.

Name: Garbotoxin
Effect: While this Pokémon holds Black Sludge, no other Pokémon have Abilites (except Garbotoxin)
Niche: Abilties are a little too good, so someone had to do something baout it :/
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: All Pokémon with Poison Point/Stench.

Pokémon: Dragalge
Type: Water/Dragon

Pokémon: Exeggutor-Alola
Type: Grass/Fire

Pokémon: Zoroark
Type: Ghost/Dark

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Abilities
Name: Power Mimic
Effect: The user copies the total (not base) non-HP Stats of the facing opponent. The user's stats returns to normal if its Ability is changed or is switched away. It does not copies the Stat changes by stages and multiplier (Huge Power, Choice Scarf) of the opponent.
Niche: Gives Pokémon with pathetically low BST to stand up against stronger threats, especially those with very high BST (from 550 to 600). It can best be used for mixed revenge killing or sweeping.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Wigglytuff line, Shiinotic line, Mr. Mime line, Aromatisse line, Slurpuff line, Sudowoodo line, well any Fairy Pokémon or Pokémon known to mimic something or someone.

Name: Unburden
Existing Ability?: Y
Effect: The user's Speed doubles if it hold no item at all or had lost one. Kaput.
Niche: Gives Unburden to work consistently and allows its user to become faster sweepers shall they lose or consume an item, regardless of getting switched away or switching in afterward.
Potential Pokemon With This Ability: Every lines that had this Ability, plus Pheromosa (oops), Electrode line, Alolan Raichu, Honchcrow

Moves
Name: Big Hug
Type: Fairy
PP: 5 (8 max)
Effect: 120 BP, 85% accuracy, 10% to reduce the target's Defense by one stage.
Misc.: Contact Move
Z-Move: 190 BP
Niche: Stronger alternate of Play Rough with the benefit of being a TM move (if it is ever one). Very helpful to get rid of Fighting-type, Dark-type and Dragon-type as coverage move where Play Rough is not strong enough.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Pokémon with high Attack and have arms. Examples are Machamp line, Marshtomp and Swampert, Gallade, Hariyama line, Bewear, Ursaring, Beartic, Pangoro, Munchlax line. Also any Pokémon that can use Pay Rough.

Name: Odd Room
Category: Status
Type: Psychic
PP: 5 (8 max)
Effect: Summon the Odd Room. The Odd Room swaps the Attack and Special Attack stats between all active Pokémon, rearranged so that the one with lowest Attack will get the highest Attack and vice versa, same goes for Special Attack, for five turns. If this move is used while the Odd Room is active, the Odd Room itself cancels. Basically the Attack-affected version of Wonder Room.
Misc.: None
Z-Move: +1 SpD
Niche: Helpful to weaken most Mega Pokémon that relies on their own powerful Attack/Special Attack stat, and help stall Pokémon to be a bigger pain to deal with (but can waste valuable time for Odd Room if not done with their threats fast), as well as allowing once strong Pokémon to take on stronger Pokémon.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Golduck line, Alolan Raichu, Tapu Fini, anything that can use Trick Room, Wonder Room or Magic Room.

Items
Name: Pride Crown
Existing Item?: N
Effect: When the user hold this item, the user's Attack will raise by one stage each time it knocked out an opponent.
Removable via Knock Off?: Y
Ignored by Klutz?: Y
Niche: Allows Pokémon with big Attack but no risk-less method of increasing Attack, or just crank up Beast Boost or Moxie further.

Name: Clear Sign
Existing Item?: N
Effect: The wielder removes the weather effects, Terrain effects, Room effects and Entry Hazard effects when being on the battlefield. This item takes priority over the Entry Hazards.
Removable via Knock Off?: Y
Ignored by Klutz?: Y
Niche: Tired of the weather wars, the Tapus and Stealth Rock? While unable to remove them all, this will allows Pokémon with stalling strategy or who hates getting hit by Stealth Rock without too many worries.

Pokémon Typing
Bellossom: Grass/Fire
Justification: This Pokémon is heavily associated with the sun, and could benefit with a more unique type.

Flygon Line: Ground/Bug (Ground/Bug for Trapinch)
Justification: Fits better to the line, also help it stand out more than the stronger Garchomp.

Last edited:
This just feels like a nerf or a downgrade. Its unique typing is lost and comparisons to Kingdra become much more apparent. Not to mention, its STABs are incredibly hard to resist with Corrosion. Granted, Adaptability Hydro Pump will hurt, but... I dunno.
i also disagree with the change cos I mean the thing's supposed to have acid strong enough to melt steel ships, how would that not be poison type

This just feels like a nerf or a downgrade. Its unique typing is lost and comparisons to Kingdra become much more apparent. Not to mention, its STABs are incredibly hard to resist with Corrosion. Granted, Adaptability Hydro Pump will hurt, but... I dunno. Being the anti-fairy dragon is a niche I wanna see stay.
I think it would make more sense as a water poison type if any hange is made

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)