Project PU Player of the Week - Dibs The Dreamer (Week 1)

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Dibs The Dreamer
Favorite Pokémon: Roselia
Most used Pokémon: Gastrodon
Most known for: Being a PU Driver and Artist
TJ: Hey, Dibs how are you today?
Dibs: As good as ever I guess. It's one of my days off so naturally I slept way too much and played Pokemon way too much.

TJ: How did you come up with the name Dibs the Dreamer?
Dibs: The names a reference to a dead game called Dawngate. I kept hopping between games but got attached to Dawngate throughout it's open beta, and kept spamming a character called Dibs the Dreamer. When the game got closed down I went back to League, and to keep the spirit of Dawngate running I named everything after it, either Dibs or Dibs the Dreamer.

TJ: How did you get into PU?
Dibs: At the time the NU meta was getting really stale, and it was around when PU was just going official so I just gave it a shot. After trying the tier a bit I just found the meta really enjoyable, and the PU community really helped me get hooked since the people have always been great. The chat is also active and there's always something going on, so it's easy to keep yourself busy and having fun

TJ: Cool. Who are some of your favorite people in the PU community?
Dibs: Naturally I gotta love my fellow Brits and HJAD , Rwby, Taskr and Teddeh, but aside from them pretty much everyone because everyone's just a blast to be around and keeps the chat alive. Its hard to list everyone 'cos there's so many. I'm glad that cryalot is coming back after being lumbered with studying. UBERSkitty and iRebel are always great fun, LordST is funny and an up and coming player which is exciting. I'm hoping that Anty (rip) manages to stay active, 'cos it'd be a shame to see him go entirely. Can't forget Aaronboyer either, even if he's a dirty sun abuser.

TJ: Who are some newer users that have potential to become good contributors and players?
Dibs: Jklioe has already been recognised but he's a really good poster and contributor, so i'm excited to see his future work. I know that he's recently slowed down because of school and stuff but i'm also a big fan of PenguinAssault. He's got great enthusiasm for helping and contributing and I think that's one of the hardest traits to find in someone. Lakredman's also been fun to be around and has shown genuine interest in the tier, as well as having a good eye for trends shown by his posts.

TJ: What are your thoughts on the current metagame?

Dibs: The meta's proven to be really fun but is very offense heavy. I think PUPL displayed the meta best with how common of a playstyle offense was, but it's understandable when our spike setters in Qwilfish and Ferroseed are so good. We also still have strong set-up threats in Oricorio-Sensu, Lilligant and Jynx running around which can be really hard to build around, so it makes sense. Fortunately I don't think the meta is too strict since people have still found success in balance and bulkier builds. Also having a more offense based meta opens up more techs in my opinion, since mons such as Drifblim and shell smashers are given a chance to be used viably.

TJ: Can you tell us some stuff you enjoy outside of Pokemon?
Dibs: Not much really, i'm usually tied up with work which helps keep me busy. Aside from Pokemon I typically just play other video games, such as League of Legends and Overwatch. Fortunately it's just hit Autumn and my local area is really good for bonfire nights so i've been enjoying those a lot. Aside from that just lots of oversleeping and drinking tea.

TJ: Lastly, can you provide us with a team and give a brief explanation?

Dibs:

small (Oricorio-Pom-Pom) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- Calm Mind
- Roost

smaller (Clefairy) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

smallest (Bronzor) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Reflect
- Rest

less small (Archeops)
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Roost

Skuntank @ Choice Band
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

not small (Gastrodon-East) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 216 HP / 240 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

I've dumped versions of this before here there and everywhere, but it's my go to and most known for. The teams built around the Mom core of Bronzor Gastrodon and Oricorio-Pom Pom, but focuses around Gastrodon, Bronzor and Clefairy checking most of the tier. Archeops is used as a secondary Kangaskhan check which can be a struggle, whilst also functioning as the team's revenge killer and cleaner. Pom-Pom has a weird role in the team, but is the team's bulky win condition whilst also patching in sketchy match ups such as Liilligant paired with Skuntank and fighting types like Gurdurr. Skuntank fits on almost every team, and again it just helps again Jynx, Lilligant and Haunter which are 3 gigantic threats against bulkier teams. It also provides the team with much needed extra power, since it has a really powerful crunch which can put in work once the team has managed to spread toxic.

Thanks for your time, Dibs! If you guys have any questions feel free to ask them!:toast:

Last edited:
DIBS :D

how'd it feel to be the fourth best sm player on your pupl team? (behind taskrgaot me and yogi ig...
obviously)?

will you feed me teams for seasonal (please)?

If you had a choice to pick up a "main-tournament" tier what would it be and why?
Hows it feel to be the only reason why I didn't win open?

MFK- HJAD, Teddeh, Taskr

:D

dibs

double iron bashes
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ahahaha what a surprise! not bop, grats tho lv u <3

questions ig so:

1) best team hjad's made?

2) best team you've made?

3) best battle?

4) best meme?

5) best memer?

6) worst memer?

7) pasta or pasta?

cya
1) AV Sandslash fire spam, although I hate to say it
2) Hailstorm forever and ever, no questions asked
3) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/challengecup1v1-385028633
4) the word "meme" being replaced with cereal is the best cereal
5) LST
6) LST
7) Bowls and bowls of pasta

oh, bye \o

dibs

double iron bashes
who do you fuckin hate in smogon
whos the shittiest player uve played
Fuck Yogi, Aka the punchingbag of the Dedennes
I wouldn't say "shittiest" because that's mean but they were my first opponent on a fresh alt. He had choice scarf switcheroo Glalie with disable, taunt and freeze dry. Obviously I stole the set and rolled with it lmao

dibs

double iron bashes
DIBS :D

how'd it feel to be the fourth best sm player on your pupl team? (behind taskrgaot me and yogi ig...
obviously)?

will you feed me teams for seasonal (please)?

If you had a choice to pick up a "main-tournament" tier what would it be and why?
Hows it feel to be the only reason why I didn't win open?

MFK- HJAD, Teddeh, Taskr

:D
Felt great, how'd it feel losing to the 4th best sm player on the Dedennes in open? get bopped kid
Hell yeah, i'll give you bad adaptations of hailstorm. You'll love it.
I'd probably pick up little cup and leech off of Dundies, or try really hard and do DOU (do they still count that?). If I chose OU i'd spam pixie teams and be bad and everything else is just really hard.
Bloody brilliant, thanks for the win
Yogi, Yogi, Yogi

hjad told me to use mirror coat servine to counter drampa do you condone this?
am i as good of an artist as you if not am i better?
cleftang.png panwam.png taskrmo-o.png voltorn.png
would i better at PU if i was british?
best tier besides PU?
meanest PU user?
nicest?
rwby, ruby matoi, or yogi bears?

Last edited:

dibs

double iron bashes
hjad told me to use magic coat servine to counter drampa do you condone this?
am i as good of an artist as you if not am i better?
View attachment 90099 View attachment 90096 View attachment 90097 View attachment 90098
would i better at PU if i was british?
best tier besides PU?
meanest PU user?
nicest?
rwby, ruby matoi, or yogi bears?
He kept spamming me with calcs and I kept screaming at him
Your arts actually super cute and you make them x10 faster than me so make banners imo
Brits run the tier, we're overthrowing Galbia's mafia. Join the revolution
PU is like way way far ahead, but DOU is really fun. It's like PU, really really big gap, DOU, LC, everything else is too scary to touch.
HJAD is a bully, arrest that man.
Pancake or Akir are very cute lawful good users.
Yogibears, but he'll always be Yogi anyway.

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Favorite anime?
Why is your taste in music so cute?
Favorite Brit?(PU or otherwise)

If you could add a 0 to any number in ur life what would u add it to?

Favourite unmon in PU?

How many pixies makes an acceptable OU team?

dibs

double iron bashes
Favorite anime?
Why is your taste in music so cute?
Favorite Brit?(PU or otherwise)
Madoka is my first and favorite, mainly because I haven't seen many
Most people hate it so thanks. Love me some good chilled chunes
Cruel question, but Yogi is a cute user

dibs

double iron bashes
If you could add a 0 to any number in ur life what would u add it to?

Favourite unmon in PU?

How many pixies makes an acceptable OU team?
My flat number. Don't bait me with deep questions
Does Drifblim count as an unmon? If we're talking REALLY unmon then Kricketune because DELELELELEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

dibs

double iron bashes
What has been your favorite piece of artwork that you have done so far?
Smh...

With all seriousness I like the simplicity but charm of this.
I intended on trying to animate with it, 'cos I had a really cute idea for a gif but I haven't tried learning animating yet.
Don't ask me why it's so big...

dibs

double iron bashes
Favourite core that isn't mom core?
Favourite bird mon and why is it pom pom?
Tea, coffee, neither?
Probably Swanna Lanturn, it's just really effective and they support each other really well. The core just feels really good and reliable to use.
Obviously Pom-Pom, otherwise the next is Drifblim if that counts. Those 2 we're close to being picked as my favorite mon but Roselia is and forever will be the true queen of PU.
All the hot drinks. Hot chocolate > Tea > Coffee, but i'm a lover of all of them. I spend way too much time in coffee shops.

cryalot

senza telescopi
ps pu best mod?
what's the best community in pu and why is it italian mafia?
do you live alone or do you have roommates?
linguine or spaghetti?
if you had 1k pounds (is that still your currency?) to spend, what would you do with it?
fav book?
fav film?
cities you want to visit at least once?
who taught you how to play pu and why is it cryalot?

lov you dibs

whos the best pu dpp player, and old gen players?
draw a vanilluxe/vanillite for me pls
thoughts on brexit
thoughts on french ppl
fuck rwby y/y

TJ when untier champion's interview?

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
whos the best pu dpp player, and old gen players?
I'm sorry, not all of us speak French, so I took it upon myself to translate it to english for you, miyoka!

"why is the best dpp/old gens player pancake?"

:^)

-

have you ever tried hearthstone? will you try it? for me? ;3
have you ever been to America? how shitty was it?
do you actually like pancakes? what do you have on them?
who's ur fav italian, and what food are they irl? :conopizza:

dibs

double iron bashes
ps pu best mod?
what's the best community in pu and why is it italian mafia?
do you live alone or do you have roommates?
linguine or spaghetti?
if you had 1k pounds (is that still your currency?) to spend, what would you do with it?
fav book?
fav film?
cities you want to visit at least once?
who taught you how to play pu and why is it cryalot?

lov you dibs
Akir is a cute mod
f the Mafia, Brits are really really cool
I live alone, not lonely
Spaghetti
I'd probably put it in my saving or spend it on nights out. There's no in between
What is a book?
What is a film? Jk, Toy Story 2
I'm not a big traveler and the only place i've really wanted to go is Edinburgh, but i've already been there.
Thank you overlord cryalot for passing all of your wisdom onto me
<3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)