BSS Teambuilding & Help Thread (SuMo Edition Reloaded 2.0)

Hi guys, I'm brand new to absolutely all of this. I'm wanting to build a competitive team that involves Glalie and Volcarona. I saw that Serperior provides good support for Glalie to abuse Moody. How would I go about rounding out the rest of the team?

Hi guys, I'm brand new to absolutely all of this. I'm wanting to build a competitive team that involves Glalie and Volcarona. I saw that Serperior provides good support for Glalie to abuse Moody. How would I go about rounding out the rest of the team?
Hi dude, welcome :]
As you said Glalie setups often involve Serperior, since it has a lot of tools to support Glalie (Glare, Dual Screens, Taunt). Everything that has the same tools can potentially be a good partner for Glalie. Light Ball Garchomp has a similar ability, paralyzing foes with Fling (even though it's a one shot paralysis), setting up Stealth Rock and using Sand Attack to decrease the enemies accuracy; Double Team / Bulk Up Blaziken into Baton Pass setups works too. In sum everything that can offer support to Glalie, giving it the ability to outspeed a foe (for istance with paralysis) or to escape attacks, is an eligible partner.

What you need to aim with Glalie strategies is to remove Phazers from the field (Hippowdon, Swampert, Skarmory are some examples), prevent other mons to setup, and put Glalie on the field in a 1vs1 situation where it is faster than the opposing pokemon, so that it can start its Protect / Substitute game until it gets enough Moody boosts.

As for Volcarona, it appreciates the screens like Glalie, but can definitely work even without dedicated setups, where instead Glalie needs it. It's a very potent threat, that with its wide movepool can fire off a lot of Z moves (Z Solar Beam / Z STABs / Z Hyper Beam / Z Hurricane / Z Psychic / and so on), potentially dealing huge damage to everything, specially after setting up a Quiver Dance.

I think that maybe they could work togheter, like probably in a dual screen team? But i'd rather use either a Glalie team or a team with Volcarona in it. Good partners for Volcarona are pokemon such as Mega Salamence, Celesteela, Suicune, and such.

Last edited:
I kind of feel bad about posting this since it's so unfinished, but I'm still a noob and have no idea where to go from here without some hands on. I'm willing to put in the time playing and learning if someone can help get me there. :)

I want to make a Mega Lopunny team for BSS cartridge laddering, and I'd like to use a Naive Greninja as a secondary threat. That's about my only criteria right now.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I'll get any Mon or Item I need; I'm definitely willing to breed/trade but I have these ready on cartridge (don't have to use them):
Sassy SpD Ferrothorn
Relaxed Def Ferrothorn
Bold Zapdos
Adamant Landorus-T
Mega Blaziken
Garchomp
Mamoswine
Modest Lele @ HP Fire
Modest Fini
Bold Fini @ HP Fire
Adamant Bulu
Mimikyu
Modest Mega Venusaur
Timid Koko
Bold Porygon2

TL;DR - Help :)

I kind of feel bad about posting this since it's so unfinished, but I'm still a noob and have no idea where to go from here without some hands on. I'm willing to put in the time playing and learning if someone can help get me there. :)

I want to make a Mega Lopunny team for BSS cartridge laddering, and I'd like to use a Naive Greninja as a secondary threat. That's about my only criteria right now.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I'll get any Mon or Item I need; I'm definitely willing to breed/trade but I have these ready on cartridge (don't have to use them):
Sassy SpD Ferrothorn
Relaxed Def Ferrothorn
Bold Zapdos
Adamant Landorus-T
Mega Blaziken
Garchomp
Mamoswine
Modest Lele @ HP Fire
Modest Fini
Bold Fini @ HP Fire
Adamant Bulu
Mimikyu
Modest Mega Venusaur
Timid Koko
Bold Porygon2

TL;DR - Help :)
Hi, following your list of availables i'd try a couple options:

Tapu Fini definitely seems a right choice here, it would've been better if it was Bold, but Modest is fine too i guess. A waterium-Z Fini can fit.
@ Waterium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 92 SpA / 4 SpD / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

The spread is to always outspeed Celesteela and straightly OHKO specially defensive Hippowdon with your Z-Move.

With Fini in the team, and seeing also Landorus-T and Greninja i'd probably add a second mega such as Mega Metagross or Mega Gengar, but sadly those not in the list. If you manage to get them somehow i'd be great, otherwise Sash Mamoswine, as a dragon-killer, or Specs / Life Orb Tapu Koko to deal with bulky water seems fine adds.

Hi, following your list of availables i'd try a couple options:

Tapu Fini definitely seems a right choice here, it would've been better if it was Bold, but Modest is fine too i guess. A waterium-Z Fini can fit.
@ Waterium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 92 SpA / 4 SpD / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

The spread is to always outspeed Celesteela and straightly OHKO specially defensive Hippowdon with your Z-Move.

With Fini in the team, and seeing also Landorus-T and Greninja i'd probably add a second mega such as Mega Metagross or Mega Gengar, but sadly those not in the list. If you manage to get them somehow i'd be great, otherwise Sash Mamoswine, as a dragon-killer, or Specs / Life Orb Tapu Koko to deal with bulky water seems fine adds.
Thank you! I do have a Bold Tapu Fini with HP Fire, would that fit better? Do I run the same set?

I can definitely go Mega Metagross or Mega Gengar no problem. Would you have a preference and a recommended set?

Also I need help figuring out what my general core and lead would be?

Also last question, what set should I run on the Landorus-T? I left Rocks and Knock Off on him since they are Gen 6 Tutor only and he is already transferred, but I don't have to run both. I wouldn't mind running Rocks for some chip damage to help M-Lopunny and maybe the inevitable Zards. Also what about U-Turn?

Thank you so much! :D

Edit - I spent a couple hours in the BS room on PS! and came up with this after some generous help. https://pokepast.es/946d803343a870b7

Last edited:
Thank you! I do have a Bold Tapu Fini with HP Fire, would that fit better? Do I run the same set?

I can definitely go Mega Metagross or Mega Gengar no problem. Would you have a preference and a recommended set?

Also I need help figuring out what my general core and lead would be?

Also last question, what set should I run on the Landorus-T? I left Rocks and Knock Off on him since they are Gen 6 Tutor only and he is already transferred, but I don't have to run both. I wouldn't mind running Rocks for some chip damage to help M-Lopunny and maybe the inevitable Zards. Also what about U-Turn?

Thank you so much! :D

Edit - I spent a couple hours in the BS room on PS! and came up with this after some generous help. https://pokepast.es/946d803343a870b7
That's a pretty nice team indeed, minor changes id do are:

- yeah if you can, try hp fire over taunt on Fini. But both can work
- Modest > Quiet on Aegislash with 31 speed and like 12/20 evs to cripple stuff
- u turn on a slow landorus could be nice, Id switch out Knock off, but but even here you need to test it imo. (do not remove Rocks imo)

Keep in mind that the team, as it is now, it's a little weak to Mimikyu and (a little bit more) to Mega Gengar if Mega Lopunny isn't in or is weakened

If you want to try MMeta or MGengar id recommend these sets:
@ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

All out offensive Mega Gengar. The reasons why i'm suggesting this are mainly two: first, with the strong special attackers in your team, the speed control taken by Icy Wind could be crucial. On the opposite side, if you manage to weaken things, MGengar can act as a fast late game sweeper.
There is also a third minor factor, Fini's aura could stop Mega Gengar's usual strategies such as WoW / Hypnosis + Hex, so yeah i'd use this.
If you somewhat want to use a more standard Gengar just switch Fini out for Waterium Z Azumarill.

As for Mega Metagross you are pretty covered offensively vs things that forces it to use stuff like Thunder Punch or Ice Punch, so i'd go with a standard set, Jolly 252 atk / 252 Speed with Meteor Mash or Iron Head / Bullet Punch / Earthquake or Zen Headbutt / and a filler move that could be a Punch or a support move such as Substitute or Hone Claws.

Last edited:
Blastoise needs a lot of support, from speed control (Tailwind / Trick Room) to pokemon that can redirection attacks (mons with Ragepowder or Follow Me, such as Amoongus, Togekiss or even pomemon with Lightning rod like Raichu or Togedemaru).
Actually with the huge prevalence of Sun (CharY) in the Bsd tier, Blastoise is a pretty hard mega to use (barely viable to be fair). You might also need someone that could control the weather and induce Rain (even though Hail and Sand might also work, for example a Scarfed TTar could help to deal with CharY and remove the Sun on the switch in).

Cresselia, with its ability to control the speed is a great partner for Blastoise. Tapu Koko as well, being able to hit opposing CharY and bulky Water-types.
Ferrothorn covers Blastoise's weakness pretty well and works fine with Koko too.

Also i'd switch your Blastoise into a slow Quiet Blastoise with 0 IVs in speed, trying to build a team that can work under the Trick Room.
Is Trick Room Blastoise more common than Tailwind Blastoise? Also what would be considered a good Trick Room team with Blastoise, since he sits in the middle teir for speed.

I've been trying different sets and different Pokemon for him to work in Tailwind with redirection, I can't tell if I'm just bad in general or the team has a lot of difficult match-ups. This team right here has been great except when I'm going against rain teams, especially ones with Ludicolo as it counters Blastoise, Lando-T and can KO Tapu Koko with Waterium-Z if its carrying it and it has a 12.5% chance of KOing Aegislash (I get really unlucky at times and it gets the damage roll it needs to KO it). I seriously don't know what to do against those match-ups, mostly because I don't have a good counter against Ludicolo. Should I replace Aegislash to counter Ludicolo? https://pokepast.es/1536a32a5772367f

Is Trick Room Blastoise more common than Tailwind Blastoise? Also what would be considered a good Trick Room team with Blastoise, since he sits in the middle teir for speed.

I've been trying different sets and different Pokemon for him to work in Tailwind with redirection, I can't tell if I'm just bad in general or the team has a lot of difficult match-ups. This team right here has been great except when I'm going against rain teams, especially ones with Ludicolo as it counters Blastoise, Lando-T and can KO Tapu Koko with Waterium-Z if its carrying it and it has a 12.5% chance of KOing Aegislash (I get really unlucky at times and it gets the damage roll it needs to KO it). I seriously don't know what to do against those match-ups, mostly because I don't have a good counter against Ludicolo. Should I replace Aegislash to counter Ludicolo? https://pokepast.es/1536a32a5772367f
Tailwind is easily the better option here, as you will at least be outspeeding max speed Mega Beedrill seriously nobody seriously runs Mega Beedrill in Doubles and base 80 positive natured Scarfers if you go max Spe Modest on Mega Blastoise. 78 Speed is just too damn fast for Trick Room, as the only real thing I think of that's faster than 60 and abusing TR is Cresselia, which is extremely fat and can take hits. Blastoise is relying on Water Spout to do the bulk of it's damage, and it doesn't want to wait a turn for TR to be set up usually.

Regarding Ludicolo, idk if you noticed the Pelipper you yourself put on your team that carries Hurricane.

Idk what else to yell ya. Your team looks decent for now, and it would do yourself a favor it you tested it out.

Tailwind is easily the better option here, as you will at least be outspeeding max speed Mega Beedrill seriously nobody seriously runs Mega Beedrill in Doubles and base 80 positive natured Scarfers if you go max Spe Modest on Mega Blastoise. 78 Speed is just too damn fast for Trick Room, as the only real thing I think of that's faster than 60 and abusing TR is Cresselia, which is extremely fat and can take hits. Blastoise is relying on Water Spout to do the bulk of it's damage, and it doesn't want to wait a turn for TR to be set up usually.

Regarding Ludicolo, idk if you noticed the Pelipper you yourself put on your team that carries Hurricane.

Idk what else to yell ya. Your team looks decent for now, and it would do yourself a favor it you tested it out.
I just realized what I typed up after you told me. I am dumb.:pirate:

Quirky Imo having both and playing around Trick Room / Tailwind could be a pretty good idea in doubles. Blastoise's mediocre speed is actually helpful since you can choose both ways.

For istance if you are facing Sand cores you can Trick Room, or if you are facing TR teams you can couter them by clicking TR yourself. Whereas if you are vs offensive teams that lack forms of speed control just Tailwind.

Of course having that speed means that you need to keep in mind that there are certain mons that need a check, like Ferrothorn and Amoongus for example that are often used as an answer to Trick Rooms

Quirky Imo having both and playing around Trick Room / Tailwind could be a pretty good idea in doubles. Blastoise's mediocre speed is actually helpful since you can choose both ways.

For istance if you are facing Sand cores you can Trick Room, or if you are facing TR teams you can couter them by clicking TR yourself. Whereas if you are vs offensive teams that lack forms of speed control just Tailwind.

Of course having that speed means that you need to keep in mind that there are certain mons that need a check, like Ferrothorn and Amoongus for example that are often used as an answer to Trick Rooms
In that case what kind of ev’s would Blastoise use in a team like that.

Which Pokemon do you recommend for a team like this (I know that Cresselia is a good Trick Room setter)?
i used to use a mega blastoise team back then, with Aromatisse and Talonflame for the two kind of speed control. But we should probably wait some help for the bsD main players, i'm a bss main ^^''

Hey there!

I'm having difficulties while building a team, it just seems like I cant do it at all.

I use the viability ranking and choose Pokemon that are well placed, for example Koko, Blaziken, Salamence and Mimikyu but everytime my team fails. So I was wondering if there is any Noob guide on how to build a team because I feel really lost right now. Any advice will be truly appreciated.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey there!

I'm having difficulties while building a team, it just seems like I cant do it at all.

I use the viability ranking and choose Pokemon that are well placed, for example Koko, Blaziken, Salamence and Mimikyu but everytime my team fails. So I was wondering if there is any Noob guide on how to build a team because I feel really lost right now. Any advice will be truly appreciated.
Honestly, there's no exact teambuilding framework to follow that we can recommend, which is why teambuilding guides don't really exist. If you're just starting out and don't know the metagame threats, then just focus on type coverage (so you don't get blown out by a particular type, and have a way to hit most types, for example). Then once you're good enough to be able to recognise which Pokemon are common threats you can account for them specifically.

Just throwing together "good" Pokemon does not mean you have a good team, especially if they're just thrown together without any thought of how they interact with each other. What you can do is check out the Battle Spot teams over in RMT and read the "teambuilding process" section to see what the builder was thinking when putting together their squad. Some good ones to check out are "Community Create-a-Team 1: BuluTran Offense," "Singles ~~ Golisopod Hyper Offense," "Mega Tyranitar Bulky Offense," "The Blaziken Relay," and "BEASTS BOOSTING." These all explain how the teams were made and should give an insight into how to build your own.

You'd probably also benefit from some tutoring sessions, so check out the signups for that (currently closed).

Just a quick question. I'm currently building a team around tapu lele and mega blaziken. These are the only two teammates I'm not going to switch out since they're the centrepiece of the team.
suggestions for other teammates appreciated. Please don't get mad since I'm pretty new at this.

Just a quick question. I'm currently building a team around tapu lele and mega blaziken. These are the only two teammates I'm not going to switch out since they're the centrepiece of the team.
suggestions for other teammates appreciated. Please don't get mad since I'm pretty new at this.
Don't worry no one will get mad here :)
Ferrothorn is a wonderful partner for them both, guarding Blaziken from Water-types and Lele from Poison- and Steel-types. Defensive / Z Move Gyarados is a fine ally as well, giving answers to Ground-types.
Celesteela, Zapdos, Landorus-T are all goodpartners too.

Feel free to ask if you need

Hey guys. I am back here looking for ideas of what to put on a pheromosa, hippowdon, tapu koko team. I wanted to try out the newly buffed pheromosa with drill run because with that, it is able to two shot pretty much everything in the game after rocks. I am aware that it has 4SMS and like greninja, and is often match up reliant based off of moveset in my opinion. I chose hippowdon as the rocker because it can get it up against the majority of the meta. Greninja, tapu fini, and taunt gyarados can stop hippowdon from achieving this task, so i put tapu koko on the team to check them. After that, I am definitely at a bit of a roadblock of what Pokemon should be in the last three slots.
Here is what I have so far: (Please note that if there are more than one item or move that means I haven't decided yet)
Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet, Mental Herb, Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 hp 252 def
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off / Ice Fang / Rock Tomb

Pheromosa Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Evs: 136 atk 140 spa 236 spe
Naughty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

236 speed is to outspeed tapu koko by 1 point while also gaining speed from beast boost. 140 in special attack gives a very good chance at knocking out assult vest landorus T after stealth rocks while the rest is in attack to have a notable offensive presence on the physical side. I could go 180 special attack to guarantee the kill on landorus T after stealth rocks.

Tapu Koko Life Orb, electrium Z, choice specs
Ability: Electric Terrain
Evs: 252 spa, 252 spe
Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch / U Turn
-Grass Knot / Nature's Madness
-HP Ice / Taunt

Hey guys. I am back here looking for ideas of what to put on a pheromosa, hippowdon, tapu koko team. I wanted to try out the newly buffed pheromosa with drill run because with that, it is able to two shot pretty much everything in the game after rocks. I am aware that it has 4SMS and like greninja, and is often match up reliant based off of moveset in my opinion. I chose hippowdon as the rocker because it can get it up against the majority of the meta. Greninja, tapu fini, and taunt gyarados can stop hippowdon from achieving this task, so i put tapu koko on the team to check them. After that, I am definitely at a bit of a roadblock of what Pokemon should be in the last three slots.
Here is what I have so far: (Please note that if there are more than one item or move that means I haven't decided yet)
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Pheromosa Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

236 speed is to outspeed tapu koko by 1 point while also gaining speed from beast boost. 140 in special attack gives a very good chance at knocking out assult vest landorus T after stealth rocks while the rest is in attack to have a notable offensive presence on the physical side. I could go 180 special attack to guarantee the kill on landorus T after stealth rocks.

Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch / U Turn
-HP Ice / Taunt
You can add either CharY or Mence to your team, adding an Aegislash to support them and deal with Lele that can pretty much eat your team as it is now. As for the last slot it's pretty up to you, and to be fair you can even add both megas and switch them

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 244 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flame Charge
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 4 HP / 236 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z / Weakness Policy
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw

Here is a team that's currently a WIP. I'm not committed to any of the mons on the team besides mega zard X, and I'm not opposed to changing its EVs/ moveset, although I do sorta like the current moveset. Sorry if it's super bad; I'm not an experienced teambuilder. Please suggest additions/ improvements to the team.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost

Azumarill @ Waterium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Perish Song

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Tomb

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Curse
- Shadow Sneak

Here is a team that's currently a WIP. I'm not committed to any of the mons on the team besides mega zard X, and I'm not opposed to changing its EVs/ moveset, although I do sorta like the current moveset. Sorry if it's super bad; I'm not an experienced teambuilder. Please suggest additions/ improvements to the team.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost

Azumarill @ Waterium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Perish Song

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Tomb

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Curse
- Shadow Sneak
Ok so the team already looks fine, i'd just adjust Zard a little. Usually with it you go either with a straightforward 252/252 full attacker spread or with a more defensive one with Roost, so imo you should change the evs or remove Roost and add Earthquake or Thunder Punch.
If you want to go for a defensive zard you could i'd recommend a spread that can survive to stuff like Chomp's Eq (236 HP / 20 Def) and outspeed at least Adamant Mimikyu (149 speed to outspeed it by 1), with maybe Will-O-Wisp in its movepool?
Otherwise another offensive option is to use Flame Charge + Sword Dance. Very few things can stop a +1 / +2 ZardX if it setup, but it's harder to use.

As for your last slot i'd add Mega Gengar that pretty much synergize with every mon in your team. Id probably go for a bulky trapper here.

Reactions: PPB
Hmm, I'll try both varients of zard; currently running offensive with EQ but I do kind of miss roost sometimes. For defensive zard is D Claw preferred over Outrage?
Also, for my fairy/water type, should I try Tapu Fini? It seems decent but Misty Terrain Outrage makes me cringe a bit.

Bold Nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Pheromosa Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch / U Turn
-HP Ice / Taunt

Tapu Lele is Pheromosa's best friend. Psychic Terrain stops priority moves which often is how snowballing Pheromosa's are killed.
I would recommend Naive Mosa over Naughty to get the speed increase after KO's thus making Phero almost always go first under Psychic terrain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)