SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Datamine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What colour is the portal that guarantee ls a shiny again?
no portal color garuntee's a shiny in fact once you enter a portla with a regular pokemon you cant save and soft reset. when it comes to non legendaries/ub's weather its shiny or not is determined once you go through the portal

no portal color garuntee's a shiny in fact once you enter a portla with a regular pokemon you cant save and soft reset. when it comes to non legendaries/ub's weather its shiny or not is determined once you go through the portal
So I have to save before I enter a portal and can't enter it and then save?

Doesnt seem like it since you fly into them....
Seems they made softreseting for legends harder this time huh.
I don't think so. You should be able to SR normally. Apparently the non-legends are just fixed to be either 100% shiny or 100% not.

The catch here is that you go through the portal, and then save. Then, engage the Ultra Beast. If the first one is shiny, then you can safely soft reset and assume every UB in that portal will be shiny (because the odds of it not being the case are very low).

The catch here is that you go through the portal, and then save. Then, engage the Ultra Beast. If the first one is shiny, then you can safely soft reset and assume every UB in that portal will be shiny (because the odds of it not being the case are very low).
Oooh thanks for explaining, are IVs and Nature determined the same way?
If they are my point of softreseting (in regards to competitivily usefull) for legends has become a lot harder, since you need to refind the randomly selected legendary again through portals.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There is a lot of misinformation flying around in here. If you encounter a regular Pokémon, it will either always be shiny or not. You can still save before encountering it and reset for natures and IVs. For legendaries and ultra beasts, you have the standard shiny chance of 1/4096 per encounter, so you can save before the encounter and reset for shininess.

There is a lot of misinformation flying around in here. If you encounter a regular Pokémon, it will either always be shiny or not. You can still save before encountering it and reset for natures and IVs. For legendaries and ultra beasts, you have the standard shiny chance of 1/4096 per encounter, so you can save before the encounter and reset for shininess.
To clarify: that means you can never find a guaranteed shiny portal for a legendary, right?

ub's and legendaries odds of shiny arent determined untill the battle starts so you can save after you go through the wormhole. for regular pokemon it determines weather its shiny or not after you enter the portal. so if you enter a portal and save and the encounter is quagsire either it will always be shiny or always be not shiny

What are the caracteristics of Totem Pokemon you can catch during the Totem Sticker quest ? Is it only a difference of height and weight ?

What are the caracteristics of Totem Pokemon you can catch during the Totem Sticker quest ? Is it only a difference of height and weight ?
Their abilities are set, for example, Totemsized Lurantis will always have Leaf Guard.
Other than that and size, there is no difference. Not even in Pokedex size and weight, if Im correct.

Do Razor Claw/Fang and Metal Coat still require Thief to obtain or is there an easier way to obtain these?
I'd also like to know this, because getting the razor claw was a disaster.
Even just adding them to the battle tree would be nice
I'm not sure if all of them do it, but Alola Raticate & Togedemaru have their hidden abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)