USUM Sample Teams

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Hogg | Co-hosted by Sage | Previously hosted by Ark and Aquadext | Credits to Litra for this banner

Hello! This thread serves to be a place for successful UU teams intended to help new players get acclimated to the metagame and different playstyles. The subtle differences in each tier can make UU seem overwhelming, even to seasoned veterans of other tiers. Here, you can post your own team for archiving for new UU players to use.

Posting Guidelines

• Give a short explanation of the role that each member of your team plays, and how the team works.
  • Provide an importable.
  • You must have some experience with your team before posting. Don’t post a team you just made on the team builder and thought looked good. Providing replays is a good way to prove that you have used your team a fair bit and that it’s viable; it will also give us an idea of how to play with the team.
  • Your team must represent the current metagame.
Samples selection will be done by co-host Sage and myself.

Currently Looking For: Bulky Offense, VoltTurn, Balance

Not Looking For: Hyper Offense, Stall

Last edited by a moderator:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 152 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Reuniclus @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Hydreigon @ Metronome
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Flash Cannon

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

I used this build against Lopunny kicks in UUPL to great success and I also feel like this is the best you can get with using Reuniclus right now. The idea behind the team is to slowly chip all of Reuniclus' counters with pivots and hazards; as for checks that aren't that hazards weak like Roost Scizor and Hydreigon, a boosted All-Out Pummeling takes care of those. Furthermore, Reuniclus has a very good matchup against stall teams that have Quagsire or physically defensive Pyukumuku because All-Out Pummeling does a good chunk to both.

Klefki and Mega Aerodactyl are the hazards setting core; Foul Play on Klefki helps with the Scizor matchup, so does Fire Fang on Mega Aerodactyl. Ice Fang on Mega Aerodactyl helps it set up hazards on Gligar, which beats Klefki. Furthermore, with Infernape, that revenge kills the likes of Mega Sharpedo, Scizor, and Mega Altaria, they pretty much make up for Reuniclus's bad Speed.

Hydreigon helps lure in Fairy-types like Sylveon and Mega Altaria that are annoying for this team to handle and it also pressures slower teams very well together with Reuniclus. Tentacruel is the hazard remover of the team and the Knock Off user. Its typing and Speed helps a lot with Scizor that would otherwise have a very good matchup against this team.

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-440567

• Hazards Stacking Hyper Offense by Adaam

jaws (i am shark) (Sharpedo-Mega) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

no pursuit por favor (Latias) (F) @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

icy waifu (Froslass) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

sewage (Cobalion) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

mi mi mi sexy mimi (Mimikyu) @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

memoswine (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Xatu @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 76 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Linoone @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 148 HP / 248 Atk / 8 Def / 88 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Stomping Tantrum
- Seed Bomb

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Liquidation
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

This is my take on the screens wave that's going on right now, and I am really happy with the outcome. My screens setter of choice is Xatu, which is better than Azelf in some aspects: with the given EV spread it is able to live Choice Scarf Hydrigon's Dark Pulse from full as well as two Choice Band Scizor's Bullet Punches if Reflect was used after the first one, it can afford Thunder Wave, it has slower U-turns, and it has Magic Bounce, which makes an opposing Defog not remove the screens on its side. Krookodile is pretty much the go-to hazard setter on this kind of teams because it is able to reliably get up Stealth Rock versus most Defoggers, because it provides the team with an Electric-immunity and a Ghost-resist, because it can remove the passive recovery from walls, and because its Intimidate can allow its teammates to set up on crucial turns. Latias and Scizor are pretty much staples on this kind of teams because of their amazing offensive capabilities and because they bring a lot of utility to the team - Latias is able to check Fighting-types like Infernape and Lucario and Scizor can keep Mega Altaria in check. Linoone benefits a lot with from screens and it can pretty much sweep an unprepared team if the Steel- and/or Rock-types of the opponent's choice were weakened enough. More information on Linoone's EV spread can be found in its analysis here. Lastly, Feraligatr is a really good Pokemon that is able to break through common cores like Rotom-H + Krookodile + Scizor/Doublade with its amazing coverage, offensive stats, and the help of screens that adds to its good natural bulk.

• Sand Bulky Offense by Sage

Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Roost

Celebi @ Grassium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Leaf Storm
- Recover

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Toxic

A pretty simple concept around using a Hippowdon + Mega Aerodactyl sand core, this is a solid bulky offense with adequate counterplay to most of what the meta has to offer. Tentacruel provides lots of utility with Knock Off, a check to dangerous Water-types like Primarina and Volcanion, and Rapid Spin. Celebi and Cobalion are the team's sweepers, with Celebi being geared towards slower builds and Cobalion able to run through offenses once they are weakened. Z-Leaf Storm Celebi packs a major punch and can get rid of checks like Hydreigon very easily once boosted, and it has Recover to continually be a threat in the Stall matchup. Cobalion is sporting a dual dance set that can attempt to boost and sweep once things like Latias have been weakened. A Shuca Berry lets it get a guaranteed setup on Krookodile when it's healthy, as well as potentially luring it for Celebi. Doublade finished up the squad with a sturdy Fighting resist, to make up for some of Cobalion's shortcomings as a Steel-type defensively, a secondary Scizor answer, and priority.

wishy fishy (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Def / 120 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Toxic

muddy buddy (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

nihileggo my eggo (Nihilego) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 20 Def / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Protect
- Toxic Spikes

fancy chansey (Blissey) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

scorpy worpy (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Toxic

puffy fluffy (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Impish Nature
- Return
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Heal Bell

Standard stall team. Nihilego counters Togekiss most importantly but also sets up hazards vs many Pokemon, absorbs Toxic Spikes, revenges Celebi and SD Haxorus and Heracross, and counters Chandelure, Work Up Pidgeot and Gengar among other things. Altaria Mega is one of the only decent checks or counters to Crawdaunt, Haxorus, Infernape, and Latias on the team. Gligar sort of beats Lucario and Infernape and Terrakion. Alo/Quag/Bliss is super standard for UU stall and doesn't need explanation for intermediate players.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Refresh
- Roost

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Toxic
- Roost

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 24 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Refresh

Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Necrozma @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Signal Beam

Scizor @ Buginium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Atk / 96 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

So, I wanted to start with tom + malt. P standard BO core for obvious reasons, oven is a pivot that gets malt in vs other dragons, checks scizor, checks moltres, etc. Tentacruel is naturally a very good mon with these two, it lets you run non-defog oven which is definitely ideal, while generally checking shit like Scizor, Infernape, etc. to take pressure off of both the oven and malt. Toxic Spikes + dd refresh alt is also an out vs stall. Scarf krook is here for standard scarf krook reasons, although I don't think it's general utility is super sought after on this team, if that sentence even makes sense... it's still great for the general elec immunity, speed control, pursuit support, ghost resist, etc. It's also the only scarfer that's really gonna fit super seamlessly here. The next slot is like superglue for this team, rocks necro is rlly nice here b/c it comes in on poison types that get tspikes off the field for free rocks or button clicking, it comes in on loose scalds, and is a direct breaker for the team with it's super nice coverage and high spa stat... keeps rocks up reliably, also blanket checks fighting types while healthy which is very nice for the team. Scizor is here as a guss "lure" w/ bug z to support malt, a pivot to form a voltturn core w/ heattom, and just as a general steel type offering steel type utility like checking lati.. also being able to revenge rak is rlly nice in unison with everything else on this team. Willowisp on oven helps a lot of matchups quite a lot, especially physical darks like Bisharp and Krookodile which can otherwise be tough. The 3 fighting resists work together very well to blanket check the plethora of fighting types in UU. I tried rocks mew > necro but honestly it was significantly worse, necro also serves as sort of a mew/celebi check, it's utility is very nice while also being a more direct breaker instead of spamming taunt n shit, which I think is valuable. This team is super comfy and seamless in practice and I think works very well. It also beats Volcanion pretty reliably I'd say Ark. Anyways, I've laddered with this team a lot and used it in tests a lot, I used it in majors pools, etc etc, huge fan of this team atm and believe It's sample worthy.

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
  • Stall by Amane Misa (05/19/19; Metagame adapted to it better)

• Semi-Stall by Shiba (05/19/19; Metagame adapted to it better)

• Hyper Offense by Adaam (04/05/19; Kommo-o rose to OU)

• Balance by Sage (12/28/18; Metagame adapted to it better)

• Hyper Offense by aim (12/28/18; Metagame adapted to it better)

• Bulky Offense by pokeisfun (11/05/18; Metagame adapted to it better)

• Bulky Offense by Amane Misa (11/05/18; Metagame adapted to it better)

• Bulky Offense by Juuno (06/22/18; Breloom is banned)

• Balance by Freeroamer (04/22/18; Azumarill is banned)

• Stall by bugzinator and ABR (01/14/18; Metagame adapted to it better)

• Bulky Offense by Hikari (01/10/18; Rotom-W rose to OU)

• Aurora Veil Hyper Offense by Cynde (12/02/2017 - Kommonium Z and Scolipede Ban)

Last edited:
Reposting this here.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Protect

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
Pretty straightforward offensive team that's managed to hold on with minor edits since the beginning of the Generation. Krookodile and Celebi together can smash balance, with Krook providing utility with Rocks and Knock Off. (Shoutout LilOu for the set, come back to us buddy) Crobat is a fast defogger, and also does a bit of damage with Brave Bird. Vincune is a generally annoying win condition that suddenly lost one of the most annoying checks in the world, and since the main checks to Vincune are handled by Celebi (in the case of Seismitoad and Jellicent) and Krookodile (also Jellicent but also Volcanion) it can generally have a good path to sweep if you play it right. Cobalion is a second wincon, and double dance is pretty good, and since Faeries are annoying I run SteelZ here. Scarf Lati is speed control and a minor check to Voltturn.

The full RMT can be found HERE.

Actually have replays this time!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-661142485
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-660183240
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-658397146

Last edited:

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Def / 84 SpA / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Defog

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Avalanche
- Stealth Rock

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Synthesis

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Scald

I made some small adjustments to my previous team for USUM. This team does have a few threats so its best to be wary of the following: SubCM Chandelure and NP Salazzle. When facing Scizor, always switch to Chesnaught and Bulk Up.

Aggron-Mega is the dedicated Lead, I run Avalanche to OHKO Gliscors who go for the EQ against me. I run 252+ Atk to make my Aggron-Mega as threatening as possible, with the 252 HP giving it a reasonable level of bulk. Blissey covers special defense, and Fire Blast still remains essential. I have tested with Seismic Toss, but being setup fodder for Scizor, Doublade and Cobalion is very disadvantageous. I run some speed EVs to outrun 8 Speed Scizor, so I can get the jump with Fire Blast if necessary (although these EVs are optional).

Scizor and Infernape are CB users that grant me a good level of speed control with their boosted priority moves via Technician and Iron Fist. As a result, the team tends to perform quite well against Trick Room or Sticky Web teams since it doesn't rely heavily on Speed. Infernape is also a great Wallbreaker and I run Thunder Punch for Azumarill, Tentacruel, Mantine and Primarina switch-ins. I've started running Defog on Scizor at the expense of Superpower to provide some respite against hazard stackers.

Chesnaught, Aggron and Tentacruel form the physically defensive core. The Rocky Helmet on Chesnaught is used to punish U-turners. Bulk Up prevents boosters from setting up on you. Most physical threats such as Crawdaunt, Mamoswine, Cobalion, Entei, Scizor, Kommo-o etc. are dealt with between the pair. Tentacruel is the switch-in for a variety of other physical threats such as Infernape, Darmanitan, Entei etc.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-669222581 vs PIF
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-686202002 vs Moile
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-690598683 vs AsterJ
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-661984776 vs Pearl
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-661123744 vs King UU
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-667707572 vs GioVB

Attachments

Last edited:

Altaria-Mega (M) @ Altarianite
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Alomomola (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Knock Off

Xatu (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Night Shade
- U-turn
- Roost

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Curse
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Made this team with ABR for snake but I've been laddering with it a bit in this meta and it's been working out pretty well (peaked #1 at 1803 pts!!). Anyway the main draw was to build around xatu which seemed like a fairly underrated pokemon, useful for walling most (non sd) gliscor & klefki sets as well as providing some useful utility to the team with magic bounce; we gave it protect to get out of choice locked pursuit/knock scenarios & rocky helmet for punishing sr users like ladgron and steelix. After that we decided max def defog scizor would be the best partner for keeping hazards off, capable of beating the pokemon xatu struggle with (such as mamo & terrak). After this we decided to just make it full stall & added the standard core of bliss + alo + quag. As you can see blissey lacks heal bell as we considered toxic + rocks to be more useful (we have an alternative heal beller in altaria anyway). Quagsire is curse to give the team a semi decent win con, as well as walling the plethora of setup sweepers (coba, scizor, altaria etc. you know the drill). Not much to say on the alo set, scald + knock seemed most useful since we appreciated spreading burns & lacked a pokemon with knock off on the team. Last pokemon is max def dd altaria with heal bell; this generally covers the remaining threats such as sd hera & crawdaunt and provides status removal for the team as well as another win con. Main threats to the team would be heal bell + nasty plot toge & most serperior sets, as well as the standard stallbreakers like hera, but they can definitely all be beaten if you play well enough.

Just like to add the only reason I'm posting this is because people are just stealing it and claiming it as their own at this point (fuck miyoka lmao), but it's a good team and has been winning a lot so have fun with it lads.

Hard to find replays of matches on the ladder that weren't just auto wins or boring, but this one vs sacri was pretty decent I suppose:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-664467709

Stall vs stall match up:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-664349552

Here's how not to use it:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-326869

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.

Altaria-Mega (M) @ Altarianite
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Alomomola (F) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Knock Off

Xatu (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Night Shade
- U-turn
- Roost

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Curse
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Made this team with ABR for snake but I've been laddering with it a bit in this meta and it's been working out pretty well (peaked #1 at 1803 pts!!). Anyway the main draw was to build around xatu which seemed like a fairly underrated pokemon, useful for walling most (non sd) gliscor & klefki sets as well as providing some useful utility to the team with magic bounce; we gave it protect to get out of choice locked pursuit/knock scenarios & rocky helmet for punishing sr users like ladgron and steelix. After that we decided max def defog scizor would be the best partner for keeping hazards off, capable of beating the pokemon xatu struggle with (such as mamo & terrak). After this we decided to just make it full stall & added the standard core of bliss + alo + quag. As you can see blissey lacks heal bell as we considered toxic + rocks to be more useful (we have an alternative heal beller in altaria anyway). Quagsire is curse to give the team a semi decent win con, as well as walling the plethora of setup sweepers (coba, scizor, altaria etc. you know the drill). Not much to say on the alo set, scald + knock seemed most useful since we appreciated spreading burns & lacked a pokemon with knock off on the team. Last pokemon is max def dd altaria with heal bell; this generally covers the remaining threats such as sd hera & crawdaunt and provides status removal for the team as well as another win con. Main threats to the team would be heal bell + nasty plot toge & most serperior sets, as well as the standard stallbreakers like hera, but they can definitely all be beaten if you play well enough.

Just like to add the only reason I'm posting this is because people are just stealing it and claiming it as their own at this point (fuck miyoka lmao), but it's a good team and has been winning a lot so have fun with it lads.

Hard to find replays of matches on the ladder that weren't just auto wins or boring, but this one vs sacri was pretty decent I suppose:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-664467709

Stall vs stall match up:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-664349552

Here's how not to use it:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-326869
Oh my god it was you who's using this team. Just a random thing to let you know I'm building with NP Lucario now specifically for this team. Xatu plus scizor is a nice choice I think, thanks for sharing.

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

the origins of my team was actually pretty mindless. the thought process behind it was "lol kommo-o is pretty hard to kill once set up, you know what would make it even harder to kill? aurora veil". at that point i had three of the team members done. i like the dd set for z-mo because it's able to pressure fairies without needing to rely on clang. speaking of clang, the ev spread lets kommo-o guarantee the ko vs latias with clang. now for the fourth and fifth pokemon i obviously put a lot of thought into it and put two of the most dangerous set up pokemon in the tier in scizor and latias on the team. scizor here runs quick attack because it's great for chipping away at tenta / moltres / manectric / rotom wash which can be pretty irritating lol. latias runs the electrium set except with life orb and i've found it to still be pretty cool it's good for empoleons and shit that try to get rid of veil. i like psychic more than psyshock here because it's good for damaging physically bulky mons like rotom and gliscor without having to use draco but psyshock is fine to pressure blissey and shit. doublade is here as a scizor check and scolipede check. i love gyro ball here because it's great for checking scolipede and gliscor which is why i'd give it the nod over iron head. pak peaked like #1 and #12 in like one night and i've had success with it in random test games vs friends so i assume it works.

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Clanging Scales

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack

Sandslash-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Freeze-Dry
- Blizzard
- Encore

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Psychic / Psyshock

Last edited:

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Basically i'm tryna stock up on teams rn and I wanted to make one based on the core my best friend TSR posted here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usum-uu-cores.3621584/#post-7591225

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Talonflame @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Liquidation
- Knock Off

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 180 HP / 76 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Roar

So I started this team with Azumarill, Talonflame, and Serperior, and looking at this team, its literally a FAT L to Mega Manectric. I personally hate having a team without a Ground type, so badabing thats where Hippowdon comes in with having a great matchup against Volt Turn in general along with Mega Manectric. Now I need rocks, and thought since I already have a Ground type, the typing of Cobalion and offensive presence it brings is perfect for the team, so I added Cobalion. Now obviously when you have a team kind of centered around Talonflame, your gonna need reliable hazard removal, so I picked Empoleon for a Latias switch in, and hazard control. Looking at the team with these pokemon: Cobalion, Talonflame, Azumarill, Hippowdon, Serperior, and Empoleon, I realized Rotom-W pretty much has free reign, my best bet is to revenge kill it with Serperior. So I immediately changed it to one of Rotom-W's hardest counters in Mega Sceptile, and made it a similar set to fulfill the role I will be missing with the loss of Serperior. Cobalion is the rocker, Talonflame is the bopper, Azumarill puts dents in the enemy team, Hippowdon is the Volt Turn answer and phaser, Mega Sceptile is the sub seeder and Rotom-W answer, and Empoleon is the Latias switch in, along with the hazard control. Only thing about this team is the best answer you've got to Serperior is revenge killing with Talonflame, which shouldn't be that difficult if you play it right but yeah it can get troublesome.

Last edited:
Reposting this here.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Protect

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
Pretty straightforward offensive team that's managed to hold on with minor edits since the beginning of the Generation. Krookodile and Celebi together can smash balance, with Krook providing utility with Rocks and Knock Off. (Shoutout LilOu for the set, come back to us buddy) Crobat is a fast defogger, and also does a bit of damage with Brave Bird. Vincune is a generally annoying win condition that suddenly lost one of the most annoying checks in the world, and since the main checks to Vincune are handled by Celebi (in the case of Seismitoad and Jellicent) and Krookodile (also Jellicent but also Volcanion) it can generally have a good path to sweep if you play it right. Cobalion is a second wincon, and double dance is pretty good, and since Faeries are annoying I run SteelZ here. Scarf Lati is speed control and a minor check to Voltturn.

The full RMT can be found HERE.

Actually have replays this time!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-661142485
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-660183240
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-658397146
>Is it possible to reasonably replace Suicune with Azumarill?

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
http://pokepast.es/bd009d0045c0bf67

A fairly standard bulky offense team. The ideas of the team is to use good type synergy among the Pokemon to defend against threats and generate momentum to launch attacks as it has multiple avenues to sweep with Serperior, Azumarill, and Lucario. Gliscor also often has chances to stall out the opponent.

Lucario was selected as the first Pokemon to have a good mtchup against many stall teams, since Z Focus Blast OHKOs Quagsire 100% of the time. I wanted to make sure stall was not at all an issue so I also added SubSeed Serperior which is pretty well known for breaking stall. It works well because Lucario can often start from even turn 1 to start attacking their defensive core, while Serperior can mop up the remains. Rotom-Wash gives good defensive synergy with the attackers and provides momentum for them to get free turns to attack with. Gliscor provides a very useful Electric immunity - with special defense, it even counters defensive Rotom-Wash - and the essential SR. It also builds on the defensive synergy.

With that main part of the team done, I looked for things that still countered or posed big issues. Muk Alolan helps deal with the big Latias problem and makes it much easier for Lucario to sweep. Since my Steel type was hardly a good Dragon resist, I choose Azumarill as a Fairy. It also provides priority which is good because my team is quite slow for bulky offense. It helps weaken Amoonguss for Serperior and Lucario - even Ice Punch is usable on it for this reason.

Weaknesses include:
  • No Fairy resists which sucks when my opponent has an Azumarill, could add more defense to Rotom-Wash for this
  • No good Amoonguss switch in, although Gliscor beats it handily if its Toxiced
  • Serperior weak if they Leech Seed Muk
  • No Fairy resist also means its quite Altaria weak
Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-669167862

Some good predictions by my opponent killing Lucario made it easier for them, but I proved Gliscor is a strong Pokemon anyways as it almost walled their team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-665709159

After my opponent makes some mistakes by losing Amoonguss, Serperior can win despite hax.

Sadly nobody likes to save replays when they lose versus this team, so I don't have any stall replays. But this team really is designed to crush stall, which is does a decent job of, while still not being shit. I won't say it's a great team, but it's okay and at least has some straightforward strategies.

justdrew

is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
B62B94E8-44AF-4313-A95B-3A136ECD6336.jpeg

over easy (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

turbo (Alomomola) (F) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Knock Off

zippity doo dah (Mandibuzz) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Defog

run (Azumarill) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Perish Song
- Whirlpool
- Rest
- Protect

carl (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Curse

night night (Sceptile) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed

This team is a stall team with the standard Alo & Bliss core. It has Quagsire for set-up sweepers, rocky helmet Mandibuzz to punish physical attackers, trapper Azu to trap gliscor first turn and mons like superior and latias, and sub seed Mega Sceptile as a wall breaker and check to rotom. This stall team is more offensive then most in that it's good at eliminating sweepers so that Sceptile can set up and win. The team has great coverage, covers the most prominent mons on the viability rankings and doesnt have issues with wall breakers like Heracross and Haxorus. It does have weaknesses to stall breakers like Gliscor who toxic and taunt too prevent heal bell which is why it's important to trap and kill Gliscor with Azu as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Aggron-Mega (M) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Avalanche

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 76 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earthquake

Alomomola (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Muk-Alola (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Atk / 28 Def / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Well, this is the team I made and used since about a week. It allows me to get a pretty nice Elo on the UU Ladder.
Aggron-Mega is one on my answer to Serperior / Latias. Thanks to Avalanche it can OHKO with some cheap Serperior and Latias while OHKO Gliscor (with 120 BP) without any cheap. Gliscor is my Defogger and feat well on the team. Acrobatics allows it to OHKO Heracross which is #1 threat for Stall Team. Then we have a classic core with Quagsire / Alomomola and Blissey. Muk-Alola can trap some Pokemon or Knock Off. The spread can seem kinda weird but it permit Muk-Alola to always survive a Guts Boosted Close Combat Heracross from full while outspeeding Relax Swampert.

Last edited:
M-Sharpedo Hazard Offense

(click for a heater team)

2018-01-03 (2).png

Was doing okay with this team so far, so I thought that it'd be a fun sample for newcomers. I'm not gonna lie, I'm ass at building but once I built this I knew it would go. Simple Hyper Offense based around momentum from Hydreigon and keeping hazards up, hence the Freeze-Dry Mamo and the jank ass Klekfi set (which has put in work from time to time). Chandelure is Scarf and Hydreigon is Specs because I originally wanted a better MU versus defog Gliscor, but Scarf Chandelure puts in work versus offensive builds and Specs Hydreigon is too nice at keeping up the momentum and breaking what this team needs broken.

Insta-L from Team Preview
-Alomomola/Bliss core (gotta outplay that)
-Suicune (outplay this too)
-Any Fighting Type (people usually misplayed so I was okay, Chandelure is literally your only check and that's bad)
-Suicune + Any Fighting Type w/ Bulk (might as well ff unless you have the game of your life)
-Stall (didn't take an L to stall but like I played trashcans so if you play a real stall mu you might have to play like a god)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-679124586
(Do not get greedy with this team like I did in this replay)

Last edited:

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Def / 84 SpA
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Defog

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Avalanche
- Stealth Rock

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Synthesis

Infernape @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Started playing again a few days ago. I made some small adjustments to my previous team for USUM. This team does have a few threats so its best to be wary of the following: SubCM Chandelure and SubSeed Serperior.

Aggron-Mega is the dedicated Lead, I run Avalanche to OHKO Gliscors who go for the EQ against me. I run 252+ Atk to make my Aggron-Mega as threatening as possible, with the 252 HP giving it a reasonable level of bulk. Blissey covers special defense, and Fire Blast still remains essential. I have tested with Seismic Toss, but being setup fodder for Scizor, Doublade and Cobalion is very disadvantageous.

Scizor and Infernape are CB users that grant me a good level of speed control with their boosted priority moves via Technician and Iron Fist. As a result, the team tends to perform quite well against Trick Room or Sticky Web teams since it doesn't rely heavily on Speed. Infernape is also a great Wallbreaker and I run Thunder Punch for Azumarill, Tentacruel, Mantine and Primarina switch-ins. I've started running Defog on Scizor at the expense of Superpower to provide some respite against hazard stackers.

Chesnaught and Gastrodon form the physically defensive core. The Rocky Helmet on Chesnaught is used to punish U-turners. Bulk Up prevents boosters from setting up on you. Most physical threats such as Crawdaunt, Mamoswine, Cobalion, Entei, Scizor, Kommo-o etc. are dealt with between the pair. Gastrodon also acts as an excellent stopper to the Volt-Turn combo. I have started using Gastrodon since Research Week 2.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-661984776 vs Pearl
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-661123744 vs King UU
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-667707572 vs GioVB
Great team! I used it to ladder a bit and really liked it. I experimented with Rockium Terrakion over Blissey as Blissey lost to some common threats that this team struggles against anyway, like: Taunt/Sub Chandelure, Serperior (as you mentioned), Grass Knot Infernape, CroCune + Gliscor teams, etc. While it doesn't deal with Serperior, it gives the team a way to break through fatter cores and speed ties with Infernape (also outspeeds the whole unboosted tier after RP if I'm not wrong). I liked it a bit more.

Some other things to try:
216 Speed on Scizor outspeeds base 50s (like Azu although no one runs timid)
Knock Off > Pursuit on Scizor
Spikes > Bulk Up on Chesnaught

Loved using this team in general though, really fun team!

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flamethrower
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Surf

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

HO team I made revolving around cleaning with sharpedo and sweeping with scizor. did great on low ladder but struggled in the 1400s. Lemme know what yall think.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!

Originally made by Moutemoute and was optimized by me, this Stall team is a pretty good one; it is designed to do what Stall teams do best, while also handle common stallbreakers, such as Nasty Plot Lucario, Heracross, and non-Aura Sphere Togekiss.

Most of the team is self-explanatory; Mega Aggron provides Stealth Rock, a non-Aura Sphere Togekiss, and Calm Mind Latias counter and is just really bulky in general - it will almost always take a hit if it needs to. Alomomola, Blissey, and Quagsire do a good job at handling the majority of UU tier. Knock Off + Toxic Alomomola is really great at chipping and handling Pokémon like Alolan Marowak, Swampert and random Pokémon that wanna switch into Alomomola in general. Curse Quagsire is used to not only serve as another wincon but also handle Alolan Marowak and Calm Mind Reuniclus better. Skill Swap Blissey is a pretty neat tech and is your way to beat SubSeed Serperior. It is also really useful in some scenarios; such as giving a Gliscor whose Toxic Orb was Knocked Off Natural Cure, and even taking away Pressure from Suicune and Kyurem. Gliscor is a panic button that works really well against Flame Orb Heracross and Nasty Plot Lucario, which otherwise tear the team apart. It also provides Defog support. Alolan Muk provides the team with a Toxic Spikes absorber and a reliable answer to Ghost-types, such as Gengar and Chandelure. It can also act as a panic button against the kinds of Serperior and Latias.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Curse

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 48 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 28 Def / 148 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Skill Swap
- Heal Bell

Last edited:

Originally made by Moutemoute and was optimized by me, this Stall team is a pretty good one; it is designed to do what Stall teams do best, while also handle common stallbreakers, such as Nasty Plot Lucario, Heracross, and non-Aura Sphere Togekiss.

Most of the team is self-explanatory; Mega Aggron provides Stealth Rock, a non-Aura Sphere Togekiss, and Calm Mind Latias counter and is just really bulky in general - it will almost always take a hit if it needs to. Alomomola, Blissey, and Quagsire do a good job at handling the majority of UU tier. Knock Off + Toxic Alomomola is really great at chipping and handling Pokémon like Alolan Marowak, Swampert and random Pokémon that wanna switch into Alomomola in general. Curse Quagsire is used to not only serve as another wincon but also handle Alolan Marowak and Calm Mind Reuniclus better. Skill Swap Blissey is a pretty neat tech and is your way to beat SubSeed Serperior. It is also really useful in some scenarios; such as giving a Gliscor whose Toxic Orb was Knocked Off Natural Cure, and even taking away Pressure from Suicune and Kyurem. Gliscor is a panic button that works really well against Flame Orb Heracross and Nasty Plot Lucario, which otherwise tear the team apart. It also provides Defog support.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Curse

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 48 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 28 Def / 148 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Skill Swap
- Heal Bell
Does anything beat this?

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Does anything beat this?
The team above does an excellent job of having great matchups with common stallbreakers, but struggles in the Stall vs. Stall matchup. Both Muk and Aggron are relying on Alomomola's Wish support to stay healthy, and Wish's 16 PP can be drained startling fast when faced against a stall team that can just keep chipping those two down. The team also lacks Rapid Spin, which makes the matchup vs Tentacruel teams difficult to break through due to your opponent nearly guaranteed to win the hazard war. I could also see something like NP Hoopa giving the team trouble provided you gain chip on Muk before bringing it out.

All that being said, the team is excellent and does a great job of mitigating a lot of common weaknesses stall has, be sure to test it out!

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
You should include what Alolan Muk does for that team. Traits to emphasise would be a switch in to chandelure and a grounded poison to remove t spikes.

I don’t really get how the metagame adapted that much better to the stall oosted by bugzi that it’s no longer fit to be a sample. It deals with all the new drops fine and while it might not be impeccable, I think it’s fine to still be a sample especially given the lack currently available.

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Muk-Alola especially deal with Chandelure and Sub Taunt Gengar which can be really annoying for Stall.
The spread of Muk-A can seem weird but it's alright.

252 SpA Choice Specs Primarina Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 148 SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 153-180 (37 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 28 Def Muk-Alola: 349-412 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And 20 EV in Speed allow Muk-A to outspeed Relax Swampert.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Donating some teams I think that are good enough for the thread but *shrugs* that's just me. I thought I would give a few of my main laddering teams because the lack of teams in this thread.

Balance:
1516333857014.png

Importable: http://pokepast.es/54fe8c6bb7679934

Description: This is about the bulkiest balance team you can get with a lot of good typing synergy and defensive Pokemon in exchange for relying on fairly weak priority moves as speed. Overall, this means the team is extremely solid against most of the metagame, particularly Trick Room teams which you can sometimes totally dominate, but you are weak to a few mid speed tier attackers like Moltres, Nidoking, and Togekiss.

Everyone contributes to the defenses, Amoonguss being the primary Azu/Serperior counter, Swampert stopping Manectric mainly, Altaria being a decent Fairy after evolution, Gliscor being a decent general tank, Arcanine stopping Scizor and physical attackers and Scizor stopping Latias. Unfortunately, there is no good Gliscor on the team which is a little ridiculous because it's solid S rank, so it is always possible to run max Attack Avalanche, Waterfall Swampert for this. Or even Gastro Acid Amoonguss or Ice Fang Gliscor.

The main two forms of power come in Altaria and Gliscor, which can set up and sweep most teams if one or two Pokemon are removed. They form a nice offensive partnership against stall, which usually has a favorable matchup versus balance, because the two combined can wear down Quagsire if the opponent uses Quagsire to counter both.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-686907114 I have a matchup advantage vs a standard TR team and maintain the advatange until the end
I have an okay matchup because Gliscor but I waste that early on and then I get too scared from Moltres and can't break through an Alomomola/Amoonguss core, which is thematic for this team

Offense:
1516334891839.png

Importable: http://pokepast.es/b7e4814508e6b7c9

Description: This is a strong offensive Volt-Turn team that has a surprisingly resilient defensive backbone because of the good or average bulk of all the members. Overall, the only thing it really is missing is an answer to Hydreigon because I do not use a Fairy and Scizor as my Dragon resist and a weakness to Aurora Veil because Crobat has a horrible match up against Sandslash despite having Infiltrator and Defog.

Most of the momentum is generated through the two U-Turn users and Scizor which are both fast and strong (Scizor relying on Bullet Punch for speed) so they can threaten basically any defensive Pokemon except Hippowdon, which still does not like taking U-Turns for nothing. This strategy is punctuated by Heracross which smashes the defenses of my opponent's team usually after getting a free switch in from Vol-Turn. Seismitoad provides nice resistances which complements Crobat in particular and the essential Stealth Rock, while Latias gives me a nice hand over most offenses and has Healing Wish to often give me basically 7 Pokemon to work with in some games as I can strategically sacrifice Latias.

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-687839555 Against a Spikes offense team, the matchup is fairly balanced since they have a good Spiker vs Crobat but I probably have a slight advantage as they are really Scizor and Manectric weak. I keep that advantage after some maybe questionable moves early on (letting me Defog SR, not Endeavoring on the BP if they had it)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-682514374 Despite getting fairly lucky in the beginning with the Draco Meteor miss, I sort of crumble versus their Latias still because of the turn one damage on Scizor. Basically this shows one theme of the team - an over reliance on Scizor to check threats.

Stall:
1516335757210.png

Importable: http://pokepast.es/17e0e31aeb9b8ec7

Description: Honestly not so happy with this team although it's certainly good enough to ladder with. Typical stall strategies are incorporated - Alo/Quag/Bliss is as effective as it is uncreative, while I make sure to counter the metagame and provide hazard control with the rest of the slots.

Matchups with certain stall breakers include - Chandelure (easy with Aero and Tenta), Haxorus (medium with lots of Toxics and Togekiss), Heracross (medium hard with Aerodactyl to revenge and Quagsire and Togekiss to "wall), Togekiss (easy with Aero) and Pidgeot (easy with Aero). This is all in a vacuum of course and there are plenty more breakers - the Serperior matchup is what makes me dislike the team, I consider the matchup just bad. Also it lacks a good Latias switch in which is bad.

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-684237047 I get tricked by an unexpected Scarf on Serperior (which I probably should have seen coming because lack of Scarfer otherwise) and you can see how effective Choice Band is versus my team would be if they predicted even more well. I probably had an advantage in the matchup to be honest because Rotom Wash (rip) was not a great Defogger versus me, Chandelure had trouble as a stall breaker (I think he was a Sub set).

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-682296698 Again I had a decent advantage from the matchup alone but some nice predictions let my opponent keep hazards and I lose any advantage I had after Blissey dies, with a much worse position because Toxic Rotom-Wash (rip again) Still, my stall is resilient and I put up some effort until the Pursuit on Heracross doesn't work out and my opponent has plenty of ways to win after that.

Meta has not changed that much since the shifts, Stakataka does nothing versus Quagsire and Alomomola, Alomomola has Knock Off for Marowak, and Pursuit Aerodactyl troubles Gengar badly. Kingdra is actually the biggest threat but is pretty much unseen as of now.

As always, teams are a work in progress, questions, comments and improvements are welcome.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)