Metagame Partners in Crime

How is no one talking about this? The mere fact that Blaziken can increase the speed of any of its teammates is borderline broken. Pair this thing with something that can give it a decent movepool for once. God damn, think of the children.

How is no one talking about this? The mere fact that Blaziken can increase the speed of any of its teammates is borderline broken. Pair this thing with something that can give it a decent movepool for once. God damn, think of the children.
1. Trick Room exists.
2. Marshadow is legal in DOU.
3. Blaziken can't setup too effectively in Doubles.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Post a replay showcasing it, perhaps with a Drought user so it can boost fire moves and use Solar Beam antics... since Speed Boost helps both teammates, maybe Charizard-Y, Blaziken can also abuse Earthquake and Rock Slide from Charizard-Y, while giving Charizard some of its own moves. Use Protect.
Rock, Ground, Water are countered by:
Fighting moves, Solar Beam, etc.

Greninja might be viable with Blaziken as well, providing Mat Block so Blaziken can set up Swords Dance, and then by the next turn at +1 Speed, +2 Attack and Protein, it could abuse STAB Earthquakes, while Greninja, being faster at +1 Speed could switch to a Flying Type due to Protein, avoid the damage and still damage the foe with say Brave Bird or whatever it uses.

Plus, who doesn’t like STAB Rock Slide, Heatwave, Surf, Fighting, Dark, Flying, Earthquake coverage? If you slap a Weakness Policy on Blaziken as you use Surf it will boost Blaziken’s Attack and Special Attack further.
If you don’t want to risk being KOed, I.e. waiting until Blaziken isn’t weak to water, using Surf after it becomes resistant to Water such as if Blaziken uses Surf, means you can give it Bulb to boost SpA by +1.
————
Instant Invulnerability:
Delcatty @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell
- Psych Up
- Simple Beam

Smeargle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Entrainment
- Trick-or-Treat
- Quiver Dance
- Revelation Dance

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Astonish
- Taunt
- Curse
- Skill Swap

Oricorio-Sensu @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Substitute
- Agility
- Baton Pass

Drifblim @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Skill Swap
- Ominous Wind

Decidueye @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 6 SpD
Brave Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Curse
- Giga Drain
Turn by Turn breakdown:
Turn 1: Have Smeargle use Trick-or-Treat, while Delcatty uses Entrainment on a foe. This also turns U-Turn and Volt Change into Normal Moves so they fail.

Turn 2: Since Delcatty is now a Ghost Type it should be Immune to both foes’ attacks since Normalize impacts both opponents.
Scenario A: Switch out Smeargle if it survived to a Gengar and then have Delcatty use Entrainment on the other foe (they will likely switch out the foe you targeted last turn to remove it from their partner). This ensures that they are trapped and disabled the entire game.

Scenario B: If Smeargle dies, Gengar gets sent in at the end of the turn 1. Gengar will use Taunt on whichever foe is Normalized and prevent it from using Baton pass or Parting Shot, now since Delcatty can use a new move due since Entrainment from Smeargle is gone, have it use Skill Swap, so that way you target the foe that isn't Normalized, in case they switch out the previously Normalized opponent.

Turn 3:
Based on Scenario A: Have Gengar use Taunt on the foe targeted by Entrainment to prevent Baton Pass and Parting Shot. Have Delcatty use Skill Swap in case either of them switches before the end of this turn. This means no matter what all Pokemon are Normalized on your foe's side of the field, and Gengar has Taunted the base Normalized Pokemon so even if a foe uses Baton Pass on the partner, the original based Normalized foe is stuck. Since both Pokémon are safe from any direct attacks, no Pokemon can hurt them.

Based on Scenario B: Have Gengar use Simple Beam, acquired from Delcatty, on Decidueye as it switches in to replace Delcatty.

Turn 4:
Scenario A: Follow Scenario B from the previous turn.

Scenario B: Have Gengar use Astonish as Decidueye uses Nasty Plot, or another Pokemon uses Calm Mind, maxing out the SpA at +6 thanks to Weakness Policy. Due to Simple on Gengar, Gengar can use Nasty Plot or Calm Mind to boost its own power twice as quickly.

Turn 5:

Scenario B: Have Decidueye use Curse on whichever foe has Normalize, as Gengar uses Taunt or a stat boosting move, as needed.

Turn 6:

Scenario B: Have Decidueye use Baton Pass to Oricorio-Sensu. as Gengar uses Taunt or a stat boosting move, as needed. (Since Decidueye is slower, it can Baton Pass after Gengar takes advantage of Simple to boost its own stats).

Turn 7:

Scenario B: Have Oricorio-Sensu and Gengar use Substitute.

Turn 8:

Scenario B: Have Oricorio-Sensu and Gengar use Agility.

Turn 9:

Scenario B: Have Oricorio-Sensu and Gengar use Revelation Dance with Dancer.

And sweep!

Here is a replay so you can see how this team works: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-186187

Last edited:
Okay, so I was using Specs Xurkitree and there was a little issue with choice items (again).

It's better than last time. Here's the problem: While the choice holder works fine, being able to only use the selected move (thunder in my case), the partner wasn't able to select any of the other moves the choice holder has. It would be nice if I could use some moves from my choice holder.

Also, weather is goddamn crazy. Beast Boosting Swift Swim Kingdra and Xurkitree shenanigans.

EDIT: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-186291 here's a shitty replay against Abyssal Bot. Also 50th post if that matters or anything

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Okay, so I was using Specs Xurkitree and there was a little issue with choice items (again).

It's better than last time. Here's the problem: While the choice holder works fine, being able to only use the selected move (thunder in my case), the partner wasn't able to select any of the other moves the choice holder has. It would be nice if I could use some moves from my choice holder.

Also, weather is goddamn crazy. Beast Boosting Swift Swim Kingdra and Xurkitree shenanigans.

EDIT: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-186291 here's a shitty replay against Abyssal Bot. Also 50th post if that matters or anything
i think it actually lets you use the opponents moves even if your scarfed.(enless it forces it to fail, the moves are clickable) and another bug is assault vest doesnt take into account your opponents moves, so im able to use my partners protect with AV mons for example.

i think it actually lets you use the opponents moves even if your scarfed.(enless it forces it to fail, the moves are clickable) and another bug is assault vest doesnt take into account your opponents moves, so im able to use my partners protect with AV mons for example.
The choiced mon can use any move, it's just that using anything other than the selected move will cause you to fail and waste that mon's action. Doesn't allow you to use your opponent's move. However, you can use the move the choiced user can use, so my Kingdra could use thunder from my Xurkitree since it was choiced into thunder. Still would like to see this fixed.

Here are some combos I was able to play around with:

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Air Slash
- Feather Dance
- U-turn

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-187508

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Substitute

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Grass Whistle
- Nature Power
- Moonblast
- Encore

Shiinotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Strength Sap
- Moonblast
- Sludge Bomb

Thundurus @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

Blaziken-Mega @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Bulldoze
- High Jump Kick

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

Comfey @ Focus Sash
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Draining Kiss
- Floral Healing
- Aromatherapy

Buzzwole @ Lum Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Leech Life
- Roost
- Stone Edge

Roserade @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder
Does not feel incredibly strong, but it's cool nonetheless. Need to protect comfey at all costs. Life orb is probably a better option over lum berry. Did not realize Marshadow was legal, that would probably work too, though beast boost can be helpful so idk. Hmm, maybe Muk-A and Passimian wud work, similar to the one in a earlier post. Switch it in when comfey is gonna die.https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-187581
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-187581

Hopefully this post isn't too redundant.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

Timid Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Air Slash
- Feather Dance
- U-turn

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk

Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Substitute

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Grass Whistle
- Nature Power
- Moonblast
- Encore

Shiinotic @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Strength Sap
- Moonblast
- Sludge Bomb

Thundurus @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Bulldoze
- High Jump Kick

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

Comfey @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Draining Kiss
- Floral Healing
- Aromatherapy

Buzzwole @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Leech Life
- Roost
- Stone Edge

Roserade @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder
Does not feel incredibly strong, but it's cool nonetheless. Need to protect comfey at all costs. Life orb is probably a better option over lum berry. Did not realize Marshadow was legal, that would probably work too, though beast boost can be helpful so idk. Hmm, maybe Muk-A and Passimian wud work, similar to the one in a earlier post. Switch it in when comfey is gonna die.

Don’t forget Mega Heracross for a Triage set. Cool sets!

Timid Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Air Slash
- Feather Dance
- U-turn

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk

Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Substitute

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Grass Whistle
- Nature Power
- Moonblast
- Encore

Shiinotic @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Strength Sap
- Moonblast
- Sludge Bomb

Thundurus @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Bulldoze
- High Jump Kick

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

Comfey @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Draining Kiss
- Floral Healing
- Aromatherapy

Buzzwole @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Leech Life
- Roost
- Stone Edge

Roserade @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder
Does not feel incredibly strong, but it's cool nonetheless. Need to protect comfey at all costs. Life orb is probably a better option over lum berry. Did not realize Marshadow was legal, that would probably work too, though beast boost can be helpful so idk. Hmm, maybe Muk-A and Passimian wud work, similar to the one in a earlier post. Switch it in when comfey is gonna die.

So yea, I'm not excalty sure what redundant means honestly. One thing is if redundant means repeated multiple times to the point it happens a lot. Then I guess yes I posted similar set and, other people as well

Just an idea for Lead mons:

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Mind Blown
- Explosion
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball

Golisopod @ Choice Band
Ability: Emergency Exit
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Drill Run
- Leech Life
Basic idea is that you want to get a safe switch into your combo mons while preferably keeping both of these mons alive.

First you use first impression to weaken or kill a pokemon, then you use mind blown to activate Emergency Exit on both mons (Mind blown hits all mons). If it works properly, you can save more Mind Blowns and First Impersions for later.

Blacephalon has pretty good attack, so it can make use of First Impression if it needs too. So far it seems like choice mons don't lock themselves into moves of its teammate, so after you use first impression, u can click mind blown on the next turn.

On paper, to me, it seems like first impression will help a lot against prankster, and choice scarf strats.
Explosion is there in case u need it. But a fair amount of them might resist bug.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-187933
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-187952 this 1 is to prove that u can use the moves of the other mon and not be choice locked.

Edit, also b careful of protect and quick guard.

Last edited:
apparently a YouTuber tested magic guard with mind blown. It appears it doesn't take recoil damage. Many ppl said they confirmed that did take recoil but sirens showed no proof. This time the proof is online. So with magic guard mind blown doesn't take recoil,but with rock head it does.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
apparently a YouTuber tested magic guard with mind blown. It appears it doesn't take recoil damage. Many ppl said they confirmed that did take recoil but sirens showed no proof. This time the proof is online. So with magic guard mind blown doesn't take recoil,but with rock head it does.
I can see why this would be tricky. Rock head only works on proportional-recoil moves like Brave Bird. Magic Guard covers everything, from LO to entry hazards, with very rare self-inflicted exceptions like Curse and Belly Drum which would of course be totally broken!

Timid Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Air Slash
- Feather Dance
- U-turn

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk

This doesn't work the way you want due to how choice items interact with Dancer.

If he's spamming revaluation dance then yes it will work. Literally only that move. Only problem with choice lock mons will lock out all of it's move.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Might be better to Choice Scarf the Psychic Tapu so it can boost revelation dance off of STAB for the tapu, while also preventing priority. Terrain only works on grounded Pokémon, so the bird won’t be protected from priority unless you give it an iron ball, but it will work to protect the Tapu. Goes for Scarf on Tapu and Specs on the bird, so this way when dancer activates after the Tapu goes first then the bird will hit hard when it’s dancer activates.

Another option is a Drought user for the fire version of the bird so they both get the power boost regardless of it being a Flying Type. While Charizard-Y is powerful, it is item locked, so a Scarf Ninetails might be better. Revelation dance + STAB + Drought = 197.5 Base power, and since dancer on both means it goes 2x in 1 turn: 395 Base power in 1 turn.

Dhelmise is still better due to Steelworker, but having a levitater in the back might be useful to switch it in on an earthquake. Also, Ferrothorn deosn't do much to Dhelmise or Stakataka, so you might just ignore it and kill its partner.

I think this one might not be more of a gimmick, but I'll share it anyways:

Trevenant @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Protect
- Trick Room
- Sunny Day
- Will-O-Wisp

Muk-Alola @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stockpile
- Curse
- Knock Off
- Poison Gas
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-189040
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-189040
Credit to Lost Heros who came up with the below first (sorry)

Noivern @ Focus Sash
Ability: Telepathy
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Naive Nature
- Double Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Tailwind
- Protect
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7partnersincrime-189080
Free double intimidate + Telepathy to protect from boomburst. Aerilate probably would work well with extremespeed also. EDIT: Ah someone already posted this one on page 2.

Also it seems like disguise only works on the pokemon that has the ability, rather than both mons.

Last edited:

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior

If your name isn't Celesteela or Ferrothorn, you are going to catch these hands.
or you can just pack an intimidate user. lol.
-2 252+ Atk Steelworker Stakataka Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 202-240 (59.2 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-2 252+ Atk Steelworker Stakataka Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 163-193 (49.2 - 58.3%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO
-2 252+ Atk Steelworker Stakataka Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 213-252 (73.1 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

still scary strong, but intimidate really messes up physical attackers in this meta. considering if the non-intimidate user switches, it activates intimidate again. turning this monster into a wet kitten. (make sure you pack a defiant-mon)

Like mentioned above, Oricorio seems like its pretty good in this tier.

Oricorio is best paired up with a special attacker to take advantage of its signature move, revelation dance while quiver dance lets it boost its mediocre sp atk and speed. Pair this thing up with a volcarona and you have one power couple with revelation dance + quiver dance + fiery dance. And with 4 different forms, you can change up what type you use depending on your team.

This doesn't mean pairing it up with a physical attacker makes it useless because this thing gets swords dance meaning it can give something like Tapu Koko a +2 in attack.

I've always liked oricorio so I'm happy that it gets a chance to shine in this tier.

Last edited:
Like mentioned above, Oricorio seems like its pretty good in this tier.

Oricorio is best paired up with a special attacker to take advantage of its signature move, revelation dance while quiver dance lets it boost its mediocre sp atk and speed. Pair this thing up with a volcarona and you have one power couple with revelation dance + quiver dance + fiery dance. And with 4 different forms, you can change up what type you use depending on your team.

This doesn't mean pairing it up with a physical attacker makes it useless because this thing gets swords dance meaning it can givesomething like Tapu Koko a +2 in attack.

I've always liked oricorio so I'm happy that it gets a chance to shine in this tier.
Oh boy
+2 MegaGross sounds scary
Put a sash on the bird and suddely everything becomes scarier
Imagine +2 AVKB.
I like this meta already lol.

Sorry, but what is an AVKB?

I think this bird can be good in rain teams too, especially the Electric forme. Its hurricane will never miss, while it gets the Swift Swim boost from Swampert-Mega or Kingdra. Swampert gets a viable boosting option with Swords Dance0, while Kingdra gets Calm Mind and can attack twice per turn with rain-boosted Revelation Dances. if Oricorio itself uses Revelation Dance.
Also, if paired with a Zapdos or Tapu Koko, it can also abuse never-miss STAB Thunders.

For Sun teams, the Fire forme might be usable, but I think the combination of Rain and Electric Oricorio has more potential.

Amoonguss can be good too, as it provides access to Spore, which can be much more easily abused by faster mons, and gives Regenerator and Synthesis to its partner for easy healing. It also has Growth for some setup if its partner lacks this.

What happens, when one mon u-turns out before your second mon attacks, and another one switches in? Which mon's ability will be in effect for the second mon in this turn? Example: You have Beedrill-Mega and Blacephalon in the battle, the opponent has a Garchomp which goes for an Earthquake. Beedrill u-turns out and a Latias comes in, then Blacephalon uses a STAB attack like Shadow Ball, then the opposing Garchomp uses Earthquake. Will the Shadow Ball get the Adaptability boost? Will Blacephalon get hit by the Earthquake? What happens, when Blacephalon uses Shadow Ball before you second mon u-turns out to bring in a Levitate user?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)