Team Monotype Winter Premier Discussion Thread [See Post #132 for draft date and time]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello, it's your host here with day 2 of "Must Draft Players." Today I'm going to cover another hidden gem that managers should definitely be lining up to acquire.

Hidden Gem #2 - HNBL

HNBL is going to be a great addition to any team with his great Photoshop skills. This man gives Dirpz some work in terms of creating quality content. The images he will create of your team "catching this work" will undoubtedly mess with your opponent. If this man can cook up things like this

there's no telling what he can do in the teambuilder. This is definitely going to mess with your opponent, this man has told you you're getting the business before the week even starts.

My research also shows that this man signs up for everything, including renowned tiers such as ADV NU. HNBL no doubt has knowledge to help out his teammates.

We all know as well that HNBL only participates in things which he deems worth his time. No doubt one of the most quotable things in Monotype history:

Monotype used to merely pique HNBL's curiosity, but now we see that Monotype's recently acquired official status has captured HNBL's full attention. HNBL's vast knowledge and intense focus will no doubt help his team get the job done, either playing Monothreat for your team or helping his teammates build.

This message brought to you by the Mauville Memers™.

Last edited:

Ridley

lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So, we decided to do yet another mock draft, but this time we let some members of the side server community draft the teams!

Teams:
Brisked - Victorious Victinis - Eien, doubleswitches, zugubu royale, kingler12345, pork chop man, chaitanya1.9, crashy, Shadestep
Haaku - Railgun Raikous - 1 True Lycan, iLlama, terrors, HNBL, Catalystic, racool, Tyke, Betathunder
Bluxio - Panolia Phiones - Paleo, thimo, Attribute, Ssalbap, Quantum Tesseract, xAzelea, Arifeen, Bluxio
Decem - Lavender Lycanrocs - rnbs, Arkenciel, Croven, FardinAG, Dirpz, Confluxx, Devinp0, Its Hatch
Waszap - Canalave City Chorizos - Bushtush, Miyoka, Haaku, smub, Bitana, lostallhopesdreams, Real Shady, Luckyboy123
Kevinelf - Tormented Torkoals - Torkool, Level 56, Anttya, Sae, Waszap, p2, Nailec, Pak
Chaitanya1.9 - Alcoholic Alakazams - Zukushiku, Sabella, Natalie, trash, Jyph, Prosaic, Vodoom, KevinELF
Vodoom - Dethroning Decidueyes - Wincon, Laxpras, Leru, Endal, iExca, iRKD, Suspense, all falls down

Quick Analysis! It seemed like most of these managers surprisingly had somewhat of a clue what they were doing, but then we had managers like Waszap, drafting the solid core of the "do not draft" players + the (almost) soma slayer Luckyboy123 (/me yells hard). Don't count them out yet though! While this might seem like an unconventional tactic, there will undoubtably be insane amounts of chemistry and camaraderie between this team. Aside from that, we only had one manager draft the actual manager of the team in the first round; while most of the r1 pick ups were fine, I was quite hurt by vodoom chosing Wincon over me, but I should be fine by draft day.

If I had to rank these teams, they would go as follows:
1. Panolia Phiones
2. Alcoholic Alakazams
3. Tormented Torkoals
4. Victorious Victinis
5. Railgun Raikous
6. Dethroning Decidueyes
7. Lavender Lycanrocs
316. Bloom Doom Glooms
523. Alliance ULC Squad
524. Canalave City Chorizos

Lastly, these would be the week one line-ups of each team, submitted by the managers:
Victorious Victinis
Manager: Brisked
USUM: Shadestep
USUM: Eien
USUM: Chaitanya1.9
AAA: pork chop man
STAB: Crashy
Monothreat: zugubu royale
LC: kingler12345
Ubers: doubleswitches

Railgun Raikous
Manager: Haaku
USUM: 1 True Lycan
USUM: terrors
USUM: iLlama
AAA: racool
STAB: Betathunder
Monothreat: HNBL
LC: Tyke
Uber: Catalystic

Panolia Phiones
Manager: Bluxio
USUM: paleo
USUM: Attribute
USUM: Arifeen
Ubers: Thimo
STAB: ssalbap
AAA: quantum tesseract
Monothreat: Bluxio
LC: xAzelea

Lavender Lycanrocs
Manager: Decem
USUM: rnbs
USUM: Arkenciel
USUM: Croven
AAA: FardinAG
STAB: Dirpz
Ubers: Confluxx
Monothreat: Devinp0
LC: Its Hatch

Canalave City Chorizos
Manager: Waszap
USUM: Bushtush
USUM: Real Shady
USUM: Luckyboy123
AAA: smub
STAB: Bitana
Threat: Haaku
LC: lostallhopesdreams
Uber: Miyoka

Tormented Torkoals
Manager: KevinELF
USUM: Waszap
USUM: P2
USUM: Pak
Monothreat: Torkool
LC: Nailec
AAA: Anttya
STAB: Level 56
Ubers: Sae

Alcoholic Alakazams
Manager: Chaitanya1.9
USUM: Sabella
USUM: Prosaic
USUM: Vodoom
AAA: KevinELF
STAB: Natalie
Monothreat: Zukushiku
LC: Jyph
Ubers: trash

Dethroning Decidueyes
Manager: Vodoom
USUM: Lotus wincon
USUM: Leru
USUM: suspense
Ubers: iExca
LC: endal
Monothreat: iRKD
AAA: laxpras
STAB: AFD

Last edited:

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
What's up lads? Omega-Xis here with Day 3 of "Must Draft Players." Today I'll be covering the last of the hidden gems that managers should be looking to target in the latter part of the draft.

Hidden Gem #3 - all falls down

In the end, all falls down. The 3,000+ opponents this man played in gen 6 also know this, as afd was no doubt one of the best players. My mans has taken some time off, and I think this is a reason people will sleep on him. This man has probably played more mons than you've dreamed of playing and he's spent countless hours of his time teambuilding. This man could figure out USUM before you could in minutes even if you spent your whole life playing it.

It doesn't stop there. Are we entirely sure afd isn't just ugly god?

This man has peeped more Dollar General ass than you could ever fathom and there's no doubt he's not only spotted that booty from a distance, my boy raj whipped out his teambuilder and as they say, "It was gg from there."

This dude also knows how to hit his opponent where it hurts.

Esteemed user p2™ could do nothing but express his discontent with Raj after essentially being called a short runt who has to throw little people (AKA pikmin) to get anywhere since he has no ups. This shows the great breadth of Raj's knowledge and his keen intellect.

I hope I've convinced you managers that afd is a must draft. He may have been away a bit but I know he's still slaying. His extensive knowledge and massive teambuilder will not only bring you wins, it'll also make you popular with all the Monotype groupies.

AFD and I irl, photo cred to Chakra

If you're a player, make sure you get your manager to snag afd, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Can I be hidden gem four fam?

As a joke post...

Because in reality, I'd only get drafted as a sub in Mono LC...

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
A defeatist attitude won't get you anywhere. I don't know what managers are doing for tryouts but do what you can to get your name out there, whether that be doing well in Mono LC tours in the room or doing well in a tryout with a manager if you find one willing to do one. Stay positive and keep striving to get better! Even if you don't get drafted for this there's always next time; just put your mind to it and do everything you can to improve if that winds up happening.

That goes for everybody who thinks the same way. If you continue along the thought process of "I'm not well-known and these other people are so I can't get drafted" you won't get anywhere. A lot of the people who are looked up to or well-known in the community today were where you are right now when they first started, but they didn't have that mindset. Their mindset was "I'll make myself a well-known and respected player." Anybody can get there if they put in the time and dedication.

A defeatist attitude won't get you anywhere. I don't know what managers are doing for tryouts but do what you can to get your name out there, whether that be doing well in Mono LC tours in the room or doing well in a tryout with a manager if you find one willing to do one. Stay positive and keep striving to get better! Even if you don't get drafted for this there's always next time; just put your mind to it and do everything you can to improve if that winds up happening.

That goes for everybody who thinks the same way. If you continue along the thought process of "I'm not well-known and these other people are so I can't get drafted" you won't get anywhere. A lot of the people who are looked up to or well-known in the community today were where you are right now when they first started, but they didn't have that mindset. Their mindset was "I'll make myself a well-known and respected player." Anybody can get there if they put in the time and dedication.
+1 on this. I did the same thing with OMPL, I knew like two people from the OM community but I tried out, expressed interest, proved my knowledge of the meta and got on a team. People weren't happy that I got in over proven monotype players but it's because they didn't show any interest and just assumed they'd be drafted without talking to anyone. By the end of the tournament I had only played one match but I won that, I had fun with my team and now a lot of people in the community are aware of me.

What's up lads? Omega-Xis here with Day 3 of "Must Draft Players." Today I'll be covering the last of the hidden gems that managers should be looking to target in the latter part of the draft.

Hidden Gem #3 - all falls down

In the end, all falls down. The 3,000+ opponents this man played in gen 6 also know this, as afd was no doubt one of the best players. My mans has taken some time off, and I think this is a reason people will sleep on him. This man has probably played more mons than you've dreamed of playing and he's spent countless hours on his time teambuilding. This man could figure out USUM before you could in minutes even if you spent your whole life playing it.

It doesn't stop there. Are we entirely sure afd isn't just ugly god?

This man has peeped more Dollar General ass than you could ever fathom and there's no doubt he's not only spotted that booty from a distance, my boy raj whipped out his teambuilder and as they say, "It was gg from there."

This dude also knows how to hit his opponent where it hurts.

Esteemed user p2™ could do nothing but express his discontent with Raj after essentially being called a short runt who has to throw little people (AKA pikmin) to get anywhere since he has no ups. This shows the great breadth of Raj's knowledge and his keen intellect.

I hope I've convinced you managers that afd is a must draft. He may have been away a bit but I know he's still slaying. His extensive knowledge and massive teambuilder will not only bring you wins, it'll also make you popular with all the Monotype groupies.

AFD and I irl, photo cred to Chakra

If you're a player, make sure you get your manager to snag afd, you won't be disappointed.

okay but are you the guy on the left or the right Omega-Xis ????

Soooo true my mans. You have to make the conscious decision to get your name out there and get better. Make people know you exist. You can do this in many ways, whether it be just getting to know already established mono players and having them share their knowledge (in turn increasing yours), prove your skill through success in tournaments,and being more active in the places on forums people pay attention to, such as, dropping sample teams and meta discussion. If you don’t get drafted this time around, build yourself up and do everything you can to make it next time. It’s all up to you. GL frens~

(I’m on the same journey as all of you, I just got a head start :])

Last edited:

+1 on this. I did the same thing with OMPL, I knew like two people from the OM community but I tried out, expressed interest, proved my knowledge of the meta and got on a team. People weren't happy that I got in over proven monotype players but it's because they didn't show any interest and just assumed they'd be drafted without talking to anyone. By the end of the tournament I had only played one match but I won that, I had fun with my team and now a lot of people in the community are aware of me.
Soooo true my mans. You have to make the conscious decision to get your name out there and get better. Make people know you exist. You can do this in many ways, whether it be just getting to know already established mono players and having them share their knowledge (in turn increasing yours), prove your skill through success in tournaments,and being more active in the places on forums people pay attention to, such as, dropping sample teams and meta discussion. If you don’t get drafted this time around, build yourself up and do everything you can to make it next time. It’s all up to you. GL frens~

(I’m on the same journey as all of you, I just got a head start :])
Wholesome posts :]

Luckyboy123

Ironically Named
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thanks so much; I wasn’t going for defeatist, but thanks for your general support that keeps me really enjoying the meta
Try to show your skills in a Farm League or a seasonal, it puts your name out there and even if you don’t succeed it becomes a great learning experience. Speaking as a background character in the mono scene, I wish you and everyone best of luck

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
im neutral good.

but in all honesty ive been in that spot as well believe it or not. Hard work just eventually prevails.

also Attribute if you ever raise your voice to me again I will bully you into playing monotype tours until your my age

Last edited:
GoD: The Gladiators of Dare; A now extinct monotype clan, had prominent users such as Stunfisk the great and Miyoka.
I love how your post is not only inaccurate (Miyo was not in GoD), but you love to focus all your might and energy into roasting me lmao. See you in the winter seasonals grand final...oh wait, you're out :) (I don't even plan on joining this, but I've been laughing my ass off reading some of the stuff on here)

P.S. It's Stunfisk the Unbelievably Great to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)