Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
just tested with a friend. Haven't gone in depth, but due to glitches in gen 6, sky drop only makes contact on the way down
Fixed. Thanks for the YouTube video.

Can you clarify "due to glitches in Gen 6"? Does it work this way in gen 6, gen 7, or both?

Every time I launch Showdown, I receive numerous popup errors regarding missing DLLs in VLC player. I'm not sure why the program is trying to launch VLC addons, but thought I would ask how to resolve this. I'm not sure if it will matter, but I did install Showdown to a driver other than C:\

PS does not use VLC at all.

This is most likely a bug in something VLC is doing to PS, rather than a bug in anything PS is doing. Try reinstalling VLC.

Hello there, I would like to report a bug on PS with marowak-a totem form. It states its in ou but is labeled in pu... Please fix this bcz it confuses me thx!
Fixed

So at some point during a random battle, I ended up having my Vaporeon's sprite show up next to my current Pokémon after the former got phazed out due to a Dragon Tail. It stayed until I switched Vaporeon back in and it ended up knocked out.

Game log: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-669616301

(From move 11 until Vaporeon was knocked out on move 15.)

View attachment 91991
This is a really annoying bug to fix.

This happens when you click "Skip turn" midway through a switch-in when the switch-out happens on the same turn. Basically, we tell the animation to stop, but since all animations stop simultaneously, the switch-out animation finishes before the switch-in animation, so the switch-in animation "wins".

I took basically the entire afternoon and got very angry at the animation engine, but it's fixed now.

When I'm just hanging out in the room I hang out in, every once in a while the room poll pops up for no reason.

Things I'm not doing wrong:
I'm not using /poll show
Nobody is using !poll show
I'm not refreshing the page or room in any way
According to other people, when the poll suddenly pops up for me, it doesn't for everyone
I have found some other people on PS experiencing a similar issue so it's not just me.

My guess is this commit caused the bug https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown-Client/pull/1057 if only I knew how any of this worked I'd be able to fix it myself, but I cannot.
Seconding that this has been happening with me as well.
I did anticipate this and considered this intentional. I figured people should get periodic reminders that there's still a poll in the room, so they don't just leave the poll there forever.

Is it actually a problem?

RBY currently has a "bug" going on with the teambuilder : clicking on Suggested spread does not max the Pokemon's Special Defense. Yes, despite there being no Special split in Gen 1.

This looks normal (used suggested spread) until you look into the import :

Rhydon
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Bashful Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

This lacks Special Defense. How do I know ? Here's the import of a perfectly fine Rhydon done manually :

Rhydon
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

This problem causes this :

Tauros used Blizzard!
It's super effective!
The opposing Rhydon lost 89% of its health!
The opposing Rhydon fainted!

Tauros Blizzard vs. Rhydon: 219-258 (53 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <- NORMAL CALC

the import of this set :

Jynx (F)
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Bashful Nature
- Psychic

When a normal one is :

Jynx
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
- Blizzard

This "bug" has also been documented on Pokemon perfect

Could we get this fix ? Players can work around it to prevent it quite easily, but this is not "noob" friendly and a simple mistake can ruin games for anybody. I have even seen older RBY players lose in tournament play because of this.
Fixed, and I'm pretty annoyed that someone documented it on Pokemon perfect literally over half a year ago but didn't bother to report it here.

Idk how if a screenshot would even help the issue but you cnt currently mega evolve mega rayquaza in AG. (no other mega, Ray has dragon ascent). And multiple ppl (if not all) experience it. As Mega Ray is a central mon AG this would need to get fixed asap.
Is it holding a Z-crystal? A screenshot would have told me that.

Rayquaza holding a compatible Z-crystal can't mega evolve; this has been tested in-game.

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7partnersincrime-670025071

Here’s the game. I normalized Pelliper turn 1. Turn 2 pelliper uses sky drop and earthquake hits my gengar when it should be normalized and gengar should be immune.
You're misunderstanding game mechanics somehow. Normalize turns the user's moves into Normal moves, not other pokemon's moves. Swampert's Earthquake hit your Gengar because Swampert did not have Normalize.

Fixed. Thanks for the YouTube video.

Is it holding a Z-crystal? A screenshot would have told me that.

Rayquaza holding a compatible Z-crystal can't mega evolve; this has been tested in-game.
it's not. See here:
Mega Rayquaza cannot mega evolve in anything goes:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-670035722 replay if needed, not sure why it would help though. Challenge match, no z crystal, no other megas, no special rules.

I noticed in mix and mega, both Disguise and Shields down don't seem to disappear after mega-evolving. I assume that this could only be a bug
The mechanics of several abilities were updated in line with actual cartridge play, in that they cannot be removed by any means, including Mix and Mega.
I normalized Pelliper turn 1. Turn 2 pelliper uses sky drop and earthquake hits my gengar when it should be normalized and gengar should be immune.
Skill Swap bypasses normal ability-setting mechanics, and so Partners in Crime didn't know that Mega Swampert should gain the effects of Normalize. Fortunately someone is already working on this, so it should be fixed soon.

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
I did anticipate this and considered this intentional. I figured people should get periodic reminders that there's still a poll in the room, so they don't just leave the poll there forever.

Is it actually a problem?
If it's intentional then I'm completely okay with it

Impossible Damage Roll in STABmons on Stakataka's Diamond Storm. Calc:
252+ Atk Stakataka Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Celesteela: 177-208 (44.4 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-670422356 In Turn 39, Stakataka's Diamond Storm did 53% to my Celesteela, which is slightly too much. As I got haxed a lot in this battle, i don't have another damage roll for a neutal, non-crit diamond storm in this battle to compare with and to see wether this was an one-time error or not.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Impossible Damage Roll in STABmons on Stakataka's Diamond Storm. Calc:
252+ Atk Stakataka Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Celesteela: 177-208 (44.4 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7stabmons-670422356 In Turn 39, Stakataka's Diamond Storm did 53% to my Celesteela, which is slightly too much. As I got haxed a lot in this battle, i don't have another damage roll for a neutal, non-crit diamond storm in this battle to compare with and to see wether this was an one-time error or not.
upload_2017-12-7_11-26-30.png

252+ Atk Stakataka Diamond Storm vs. 248 HP / 4 Def Celesteela: 177-208 (44.5 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

assuming you ran 248 HP, you just got a max roll
if you run 252, it might be that the sim displays damage %s rounding up instead of down

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
View attachment 92067
252+ Atk Stakataka Diamond Storm vs. 248 HP / 4 Def Celesteela: 177-208 (44.5 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

assuming you ran 248 HP, you just got a max roll
if you run 252, it might be that the sim displays damage %s rounding up instead of down
It's not this - tip for future use: if you hover over the % done in a replay it shows the exact amount of damage done.

In this case, however, it's a matter of how the sim and the damage calc round somewhat differently - the exact damage done on turn 39 was 208 damage out of 398 hp.

252+ Atk Stakataka Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Celesteela: 177-208 (44.4 - 52.2%)

Just a difference in how the sim replays and the damage calc rounded - the sim rounded in the replay and the damage calc truncated after one decimal. A more exact percentage done was 52.261306532663% but I don't think anybody wants that level of detail.

On turns 22 and 26, and Burned tevenant used phantom force, and disappeared.

Harvest activated, giving it back its lum berry, and cured the burn, like usual.

the issue? When Trevenant ate the berry, the sprite reappeared.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotypesuspecttest-670608609

This also happens with the salac berry (Turn 20)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-670621885

basically, If a pokemon eats a berry while in the semi-invulnerable turn of Phantom Force, it's sprite will reappear on the turn it should be missing.

It's almost impossible to activate a berry in this turn, but here are some setups:

Burn/Poison/Leech Seed/Sandstorm/Hail knocking a Pokemon's HP down low enough to activate a berry. I *think* the berry juice works, not 100% sure.

Harvest/Pickup + Status Cure Berry when statused. Also presumably works with those berries above.

Purely visual, but a glitch nontheless

Need to test: see if the Herbs, Seeds, or other items also cause this glitch.

I noticed in mix and mega, both Disguise and Shields down don't seem to disappear after mega-evolving. I assume that this could only be a bug
Apparently the effect of this change on Mix and Mega was unintentional, so this may yet get patched.
Stomping Tantrum appears to be glitched on Showdown.
It's only just being implemented; its mechanics took time to research, since the description doesn't really make it clear what counts as a failure.

Stomping Tantrum is getting boost after missing an attack (Missing an attack is not the same as failing).

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2018-671739074

I know tantrum mechanics were recently implemented, so probably will be fixed, just figured I should let you know.
This is intentional. Stomping Tantrum gets a boost whenever the last move used on the previous turn failed to do anything, which includes missing and hitting an immunity, but not hitting and dealing 0 damage (as to a Focus Sash Shedinja) or being blocked by a Protect clone, Wide Guard, Quick Guard, Mat Block or Crafty Shield. It also includes failing to move due to Paralysis, Sleep, Freeze, Truant, etc., but not recharging.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
it's not [holding a Z-crystal].
Fixed

Burning up and then roosting doesn't remove flying type.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-671773553
Hm, do you have a link to a YouTube video of the in-game mechanic?

I believe you, but I also want to make sure I get this right.

Aegislash's Z-move did 100% to lando when it used protect
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2018-671777806
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-671788637
same happened in this ou ladder game on turn 15
Following up on the previous two posts just in case you need more examples

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2018-671791271

Z-Tbolt did 100% to m-mawile turn 1 through protect.
Fixed.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok so I noticed this issue with the mechanics of the terrain seeds yesterday when competing at a local event. On Showdown, when I gave my Tapu Bulu a Misty Seed, the seed would give it +1 special defense when I switched it in on a field that was already covered by Misty Terrain by Tapu Fini before Grassy Terrain went up (this mechanic can be seen here). However, this is not how it works on cartridge. in-game, the Tapu Bulu's Grassy Surge will activate before the Seed has a chance to activate, meaning it does not get the +1 to its special defense. Can we change the order in which seeds are activated relative to abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)