Resource Battle Stadium Damage Calculator Thread

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Here we go; the Gen 8 Battle Stadium Singles Damage Calculator, brought to you by myself and Lego! We've modded the shit out of this thing to make all your level 50 calculations as easy as possible. It should have pre-loaded sets for every relevant BSS Pokemon, however you can add your own with the "Import Set" feature for when you need to quickly bring up your team-specific spreads. If you notice something's missing that you think everyone would benefit from being able to calc, please provide it here in this thread so we can add it ASAP. Use this tool to paste a PS importable moveset directly into it, and it'll spit out some code for us!
you paste this:
HTML:
Example Name (Aegislash) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 69 HP / 4 Atk / 20 Def
Naughty Nature
- Head Smash
- Frustration
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power Ice
Which gives us this:
HTML:
  "Aegislash" {
    "Example Name": {
      "level": 50,
      "evs": {
        "hp": 69
        "at": 4
        "df": 20
      },
      "nature": "Naughty",
      "ability": "Stance Change",
      "item": "Safety Goggles",
      "moves": [
        "Head Smash",
        "Frustration",
        "Gyro Ball",
        "Hidden Power Ice"
      ]
    }
  },
Paste what you get between [HTML][/HTML] tags to keep the formatting and we'll love you forever!

Also report any bugs / suggestions here too.

Gen 5 GBU sets will happen in the future

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You'll want to hard refresh (ctrl+f5) the calc now, I've added heaps of sets since this was made. There's something wrong with custom sets not working at the moment, it seems to have been fixed on the trainer tower version and even though I merged all the changes they did it still didn't fix it so that will have to wait.

Remember to post here if it's missing something you think should be added!

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Currently Aerilate, Pixilate, Refrigerate and Galvanize are still giving a 30% boost instead of 20%. TrainerTower/Jakewhite just recently fixed this on their's.

252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 165-195 (89.6 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
should be
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 153-181 (83.1 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

For reference:
252+ Atk Mega Salamence Brave Bird (144 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 153-181 (83.1 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
another big update just done, time to:

updated movesets: gyarados, blaziken, celesteela, porygon2, ferrothorn, dragonite, buzzwole
new movesets added: thundurus-t, venusaur, volcarona, slowbro, pelipper, vikavolt, toxapex, kingdra, swampert, milotic

fixed '-ate' abilities

added the leech seed damage option I asked for on the PS calc (thanks Austin). this only tells you if you KO the foe after they take seed damage, but not if you'll survive after getting health back (that might happen in the future).

I know I'm going to be the only guy behind this, but can you add the combined Pledge moves? They're simply the base moves *2. Secondary effects are moot.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
/!\ refresh your page alert /!\

LegoFigure11 fixed custom sets so they now (mostly) work. the only remaining issue is that for some reason, the tapus and type: null don't work. that will be fixed as soon as we know why lol

I know I'm going to be the only guy behind this, but can you add the combined Pledge moves? They're simply the base moves *2. Secondary effects are moot.
I have no idea how this would be written in. Z-pledge moves have 160 base power anyway so you can use that to check how much a pledge-boosted version will do, and considering how niche they are I think that's fine.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Added the sets that were in the gen 6 calc to the ORAS section of this one (GBU coming soon™) - they didn't work before because of a parsing issue with Minimize Clefable of all things - if you needed another reason to hate evasion strats, they broke our calc :(
Anyway, that's all fixed now, so you guys can calc to your heart's content whenever someone mistypes the format for a roomtour and we get stuck doing gen 6 :")

As another note, in case you often found yourself losing the link to the calculator, you can now type "/rfaq calc" (without the quotations) directly into the chat in our PS! room and a link to the calc will pop up for you - it's never been easier!
sent a PR (from my github account ulucs) for the Tapu (space in name) etc. bug :mad:
this was merged, cheers

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
I've just created a little web app that will automatically convert your PS importables into the calc format: https://legofigure11.github.io/custom-calc-parser/
All you have to do is copy+paste the importable into the site, press convert, and copy+paste the output between [HTML][/HTML] tags and post it right here in this thread!
If your importable has a nickname then it'll automatically name the set whatever the nickname is, otherwise you'll have to change it manually (the default is simply "set name") or just leave it for us to change. So don't be shy, come on down and get your sets added to the calc!

(tagging cant say to replace the old spreadsheet link in the OP with this one)

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Since the inception of Battle Spot Singles Factory, myself and cant say have been hard at work adding the sets to his damage calc! I'm proud to announce that they're now live and calc-able, so simply head on over, click on that shiny new "Factory" button at the top and all the available sets and spreads will be right there in front of you! It's the perfect way to gain the edge on your opponent in a heated Battle Spot Factory match.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
recent updates:
  • Iapapa, Wiki, Aguav, and Mago berries have been added
  • Z moves no longer stack with boosting items (choice specs / life orb etc)
  • active Z moves will now deselect if you change to a different pokemon (tagging kamikaze )
make sure you do a hard refresh by emptying your cache to make sure you can use these new changes

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
More updates:
  • Primal Groudon / Kyogre are now exclusively alternate forms instead of also being their own Pokemon
    • This means you can now simply type "pr" for Primarina instead of "Primar" to avoid accidentally choosing Primal Groudon lol
  • fixed up / added a lot of sets in the regular SuMo section. Remember that if something has no sets or is missing something post here
    • CB / Z Araquanid, renamed AV Azu, major Blaziken update, CB Golisopod, AV Lando-T, changed specs 'Zone to Analytic, Life Orb Mamo, Specs Primarina (and changed Energy Ball to HP Fire), special and Z Fly Mence, fixed up offensive Serp, AV Suicune, rain sweeper Swampert, changed DD Ttar from Lum to Mega
  • Parental Bond and "-Ate" abilities were nerfed this gen, which we fixed ages ago, but this accidentally nerfed them in ORAS too. Now they work correctly in both gens
  • Terrain Seeds now give the corresponding stat boost in calcs if the right terrain is active
    • These stack with any boosts/drops you have chosen from the dropdown next to each stat. If you apply +1 to Def, and give an Electric Seed in Electric Terrain, the calc will be for +2 Def.
  • All new Gen 7 contact moves are now marked as such
    • They previously weren't for some reason, meaning they wouldn't get a boost from Tough Claws etc.
  • There is now a Protect button which applies the damage reduction to active Z moves
  • There is now an Extreme Evoboost button which applies +2 Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe in damage calculations just like the Terrain Seeds do.
    • Any stat boosts/drops you choose yourself will stack with these.
Lego and I are still trying to fix the search function so you can just type "Lele" / "Koko" without needing to include "Tapu" first but we're kinda stuck there :(

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Lots of shiny new updates for you guys to play with!
  • Add the Inverse type chart, for those of you who are playing in Special S5
  • Fix Parental Bond and -ate ability damage in Factory and Inverse (based off Gen 7)
  • Finally update to https! This means that your browser should no longer give you security warnings about loading unsafe scripts (I thought I fixed this before but it's done properly now)
  • Add Accuracy and Evasion drop-downs! These will not affect the probability in the damage calculations, but rather exist for the purpose of having correct Stored Power/Power Trip/Punishment (lol) damage.
    • In addition to this, Power Trip now works the same as Stored Power - no longer do you have to change Stored Power to a Physical Dark-type move!
  • Fixed a bug where some sets would break after viewing gen 5 and then another format
  • Minor cleanups to the git repo to make it easier to navigate
  • Minor enhancements to make the calc run even faster than usual
Expect the search function to allow you to be able to type "Koko" instead of "Tapu Koko" soon™

As always, if there's any features that you'd like to see in the calc/any sets you'd like added/any bugs you notice then please post here and let us know! :)

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

fixed. shoutouts to Austin for the code to fix the overcalc on recoil + recovery moves as well (you might wanna add a secondary recoil tag like I did instead of using the same one Reckless uses so HJK doesn't show recoil in calcs)

Yeah I was getting to it :P but thanks for the reminder and no problem

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11

Time to refresh your calcs! I just fixed the naming rules for Z moves and fixed the signature Z moves so that they actually work the same as the PS calc now! Also something that changed since I last posted here is that I fixed the search so that you can search for any part of a Pokemon's name (looking at you, Koko), and the addition of themes (and the site will now remember your theme choice)!

As always, if there's any features that you'd like to see in the calc/any sets you'd like added/any bugs you notice then please post here and let us know! :)

Last edited:

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
F12 > right click refresh > 'clear cache and hard reload'

Do this in the calc to get the latest features! Latest upgrades include:
  • "Minimized" button - click this to double the power of Stomp and Heavy Slam against a Minimized opponent (Evasion modifiers that would be put in place by this move are not taken into account when calculating KO chance, but do alter the power of Punishment/Stored Power/Power Trip)
  • Export Set (requested by marilli) - There is now an "Export Set" button above the custom set input area that allows you to export either of the Pokemon currently in the calc to PS importable format - and thanks to the power of the magical elves that run the calculator, it gets automatically copied to your clipboard!!
  • A new "Auto level" button - similar to the one from the VGC calc, this button allows you to quickly swap your sets to Lvl 100 for those Ultra No Holds Barred games - though do note, it doesn't change the level of the current sets, only ones that are loaded once it's checked.
  • A new Privacy Policy page
  • Small theme changes
  • A few small set updates
  • Many minor bugfixes
  • New code standards! While this only applies to direct contributors to the calc (please help us out at our github page if you don't already!), we now have Travis-CI integration that automatically tests your code against our standards when we merge your PR. If you're testing your changes offline, you can run npm test to do the travis test offline, to save us fixing any errors you may have made. More detailed instructions in the repository readme.
If there's anything else you'd like added or you encounter any bugs or problems, please let us know here!

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Any chance we could get some GBU spreads? A lot of the basic EV spreads could be just copied from gen 6 to gen 5. stuff like 252 atk/252 spe garchomp, max def cresselia, etc. A lot of stuff can be the same it'd just be nice to be able to calc with gen 5 mechanics like 140 bp draco & other things like that.
Done! cant say did the spreads so they should be pretty good, but if he missed anything/there's anything that you guys think should be there, let us know here!

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
F12 > right click refresh > 'clear cache and hard reload'

I just added the ability to import multiple custom pokemon (read: teams) at once. They'll all use the name provided in the "Spread Name" box (names for individual mons imported as a team are not customisable).
There have been a fair few changes since we last posted here, so as usual feel free to let us know of any bugs you find or improvements you think we could make!

EDIT: The calc has moved! You'll now find it at https://cantsay.github.io/ but don't worry, the old site will redirect to it. The main reason for this was easier development (check out the restructured git repo), which should in turn lead to us adding new features faster.

Last edited:

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Big announcement!

Our calculator now has a Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee mode!
It's still in development (missing Megas, Alolans, Starter Pika/Eevee, a few moves, and min/max AV buttons) but I thought it'd be cool to get one of these live ASAP, even if it it's fully-featured (which should be fixed in the next 24-48 hours).
The sets are just imported from the RBY Sets in Honko's calc, I'm currently waiting on some sample sets to arrive rather than trying to make my own subpar ones.
The ability to add your own custom sets should be making a return relatively soon, too. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Unsure if this really needs to be added to the LGPE calc, but I'm suggesting it anyway.

OU Chansey Lure (Mew)
Ability: Synchronize
Level: 50
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Brick Break
- Flamethrower
- Roost

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Unsure if this really needs to be added to the LGPE calc, but I'm suggesting it anyway.

OU Chansey Lure (Mew)
Ability: Synchronize
Level: 50
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Brick Break
- Flamethrower
- Roost
The OP said:
If you notice something's missing that you think everyone would benefit from being able to calc, please provide it here in this thread so we can add it ASAP. Use this tool to paste a PS importable moveset directly into it, and it'll spit out some code for us!
Added it anyway, but it'd be nice if you could do the above if you have any more sets to suggest (you can even run multiple sets through it at once!). Appreciate the contribution though, more people need to be doing this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)