• Ice/Bug

Votes: 74 37.6%
  • No dual typing, mono-Steel for the win

Votes: 16 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, sorry I'm so late. Couldn't get on at school. Anyway....

That's right, boys and girls, it's poll 2, the conclusion to poll one. Last time you all voted for your favorite pokemon type, but now we need to decide whether you want dual typing or not. These are the winners from poll 1:

1st place - Steel
2nd place - Ice
3rd place - Bug

A stunning upset from Ice to take second place, which just goes to show that anything can happen if you believe. Now we must choose: dual or mono? For reference, these are the weaknesses and resistances of each combo:

Steel/Ice

Weaknesses:

4x Fire, 4x Fighting, 2x Ground

Resistances:

0.25x Ice, 0.5x Normal, 0.5x Flying, 0.5x Psychic, 0.5x Grass, 0.5x Bug, 0.5x Ghost, 0.5x Dragon, 0.5x Dark

Immunities

Poison
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steel/Bug

Weaknesses:

4x Fire

Resistances:

0.25x Grass, 0.5x Normal, 0.5x Psychic, 0.5x Bug, 0.5x Ghost, 0.5x Dragon, 0.5x Dark, 0.5x Steel, 0.5x Ice

Immunities

Poison
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bug/Ice

Weaknesses:

4x Fire, 4x Rock, 2x Steel

Resistances:

0.5x Grass, 0.5x Ice, 0.5x Ground

Debate as much as you wish. I've provided the above calculations to help you in your decision. This poll will close in three days.

I voted Steel/Ice, because that would be such an awesome type combo. It could have Steel's defenses and Ice's speed (hopefully). And type coverage would be good.

I think Ice/Bug, I think Bug's lacking and needs more variety in what's its given. I can also quite easily imagine an Ice/Bug

The only good one is bug/steel though its already been done twice.. I still vote for it..
4x fight 4x fire 2x ground is lol
and 4x rock speaks for it self.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
we already have Scizor/Forretress for Steel/Bug, and Ice/Steel is a garbage typing. 4x weak to Fighting and Fire, 2x weak to Ground.

I voted for Ice/Bug. It seems like it'd be vaguely similar to a special Heracross. Obviously, it's not a great defensive type, Ice in itself is a terrible defensive type, but if it ends up being quick and powerful, that's not much of a problem.

EDIT: I completely forgot about Stealth Rock...

we already have Scizor/Forretress for Steel/Bug, and Ice/Steel is a garbage typing. 4x weak to Fighting and Fire, 2x weak to Ground.
True, but Ice/Steel is still the only good choice. Fighting and Fire aren't exactly common attack types, and with the abundance of Stealth Rock dealing 50% damage on the switch....

And with the possibility of Heatproof as an ability....

Steel/Ice and Bug/Ice make me cry, I somewhat pray that either one becomes A)Speedy offensive attacker, B) has some ability that actually relieve some of their weakness or C) More type combos to choice from.

I'm still iffy on picking a option at the time.

I vote ice/bug, on the condition that it's ability is: "This pokemon is immune to stealth rock." Maybe called blind-fight?

On the other hand, we aren't really debating abilities now. I still vote for ice/bug just because I find it neat, not any strategic reason.

ice/steel because it seems so cool despite being 4X weakness by fire and fighting and 2X weakness by ground.

Steel/Ice and Bug/Ice make me cry, I somewhat pray that either one becomes A)Speedy offensive attacker, B) has some ability that actually relieve some of their weakness or C) More type combos to choice from.
A and B can't be known at this point in time, and C will never happen in the 1st Smogon "Create a Pokemon." I can't speak for the 2nd, if there is one.

I wanted Dragon/Bug but oh well. I voted Steel/Bug becasue it only has one weakness and the others have two 4x. Who the hell wants something like Parasect?

Ice/Bug ftw! Bugs need more usable Pokes, and Steel/Bug is already good and common (as in Scizor and Forretress are commonly used currently).

Ice/Steel sounds like a great idea. It gets rid of a few of Ice weaknesses, and still contains all the necessary resists. Levitate on it would be broken.

True, but Ice/Steel is still the only good choice. Fighting and Fire aren't exactly common attack types, and with the abundance of Stealth Rock dealing 50% damage on the switch....

And with the possibility of Heatproof as an ability....
Wtf? Fire and Fighting are common as anything, you pretty much need a fire move to deal with steel walls.

I definitely have to go with Ice/Bug. The SR weakness doesn't kill it, thats what Rapid Spinners are for. Yanmega still sees play, and Ice/Bug is a nice stab combination as long as it gets a EQ as well to support it. ;D

I voted Ice/Bug. Sure, 50% SR weak sucks, like, A LOT, but there's always rapid spin and Wish, right? =/

Okay, so it kind of sucks, but I just can't get over the whole 4X weak to Fire/Fighting and 2x weak to Ground thing. That would totally kill it defensively, and as an offensive threat, Ice is an excellent STAB, but Steel, not so much. With Bug/Ice, at least the second STAB is half decent. I guess being part steel could help it come in due to the fact that it still has a myriad of resistances, but eh, just my opinion.

I'm not too sure about the type coverage on steel/ice, Cooper. That's what, three types that resist both STAB's(Fire, Steel, Water)? Granted, defensive fire types aren't exactly a problem, but steels and waters are.
Ice is normal against electrics that resist steel though, and steel is SE against self resisting ice types. Even with that, I don't think really is all that great of type coverage, unless I'm missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)