Gen 3 New to Netbattling: RMT please

Hello everyone. I just got started with the whole thing of competitive netbattling and such so this team may not be that great. I pretty much make up the EVs as best I can.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Spd / 128 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Breloom (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Spore
- Substitute

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 104 Def / 96 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Roar
- Spikes
- Substitute

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Spd / 188 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Houndoom (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Beat Up
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat
- Pursuit

Thank you for any help you may give in advance ^^

1st hing that jumps to my eye is that youre wasting evs on cele. any +nature you give it should have the most evs (or 2nd most next to hp)

what else...
steelix's evs are random, you're gonna want more def evs on him. taking special attack isnt his job so pump his def, also impish imo

overall

defensive evs/nature is also kind of random on banette, especially considering you have will o wisp.

cele is fine, but you might try hp grass>leech seed since you dont have spikes so forcing switches with ls isnt gaining you much. also youre already boosing sdef so throw those 96 sdef evs into def to guarantee living through adamant duggy hpgrass (even in sand!) to ohko back with hp grass after a cm.

cant really find any glaring weaks but synch probably will

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello everyone. I just got started with the whole thing of competitive netbattling and such so this team may not be that great. I pretty much make up the EVs as best I can.

Banette (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Knock Off
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Banette...packs a punch. It's also a pokemon most people don't expect. However, I'm not sure about its EVs or moveset.

The EVs, I can advise would work decently in UU, however, even though Banette isn't unexpected, it's not exactly the best choice to run in a metagame that destroys it, unless you try Salac Berry + Destiny Bond. Even then, Gengar does it better.

Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 12 Spd / 96 SDef
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Roar
- Rock Slide

My Physical Tank. I kinda just made this on a whim...

If you're going neglect Def EVs, you might want to make this Impish. You probably only need 4-8 Speed EVs for outrunning other Steelix's etc, but I haven't played with those before.

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 16 Atk / 172 Spd / 108 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Taunt

I think this is pretty standard. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

It's only standard if you fear Jolteon outrunning you. Otherwise most people use Adamant. You can do without so much SDef IMO. Making DDGyara bulky is more for mono-water purpose and a few other exceptional team cases.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Ice Beam Blissey! ...pretty much one of my only sources of Ice damage unfortunately >.<

Drop some HP for more SAtk IMO.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Spd / 60 SAtk / 76 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Leech Seed
- Psychic
- Recover

...this thing just doesn't die. It once managed to be the last pokemon on my team....and then killed the opponent's four remaning pokemon o.O But...I'm not sure about the moveset.

With Calm Mind at the ready, you need not make any real investment in Special Defense. Go with Bold and some Defense there. You can considerably cut the speed to around a 250 stat total.

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Spd / 188 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

I was debating over Zapdos or Raikou and as you can see...I chose Raikou. I didn't really know what to put.

Duggie threatens most of the team, especially without any Defense investment into Celebi. Nothing else too glaringly weak, though the team in general will get walled pretty easily with no Spikes to exploit or even an objective setup to intimidate the opponent. You probably want to support Raikou and add Explosion Gengar to take down special walls and a Dugtrio to finish of what lingers. You also have issues doing damage to Celebi, so both of those would help in that department as well.

Banette (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Knock Off
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Banette...packs a punch. It's also a pokemon most people don't expect. However, I'm not sure about its EVs or moveset.

Snatch > hp fighting if you feel adventurous. I'd put more EV's into speed than HP. Not enough attack, either.

Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 12 Spd / 96 SDef
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Roar
- Rock Slide

My Physical Tank. I kinda just made this on a whim...

Works well to cover your weaknesses. I'm not a fan of explosion on a pokemon this crucial to ur defense. Rest?

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 16 Atk / 172 Spd / 108 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Taunt

I think this is pretty standard. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Nope, pretty standard.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Ice Beam Blissey! ...pretty much one of my only sources of Ice damage unfortunately >.<

I'd switch seismic toss for counter. You have a bit of a fast phys. sweeper weakness, so counter on Bliss might help.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Spd / 60 SAtk / 76 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Leech Seed
- Psychic
- Recover

...this thing just doesn't die. It once managed to be the last pokemon on my team....and then killed the opponent's four remaning pokemon o.O But...I'm not sure about the moveset.

Make it modest. min attack, equal defenses and more in SA. Celebi really only needs 243 speed.

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Spd / 188 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

I was debating over Zapdos or Raikou and as you can see...I chose Raikou. I didn't really know what to put.

I'd sub this for a drill pecking, hp grassing zapdos. Resists duggy better and is capable of dealing with heracross, who gives ur team trouble (EQ, rock slide, megahorn, endsalac or swords dance.)

Alright. Thanks for all your help guys ^^ But...after playing around with it a bit more...I didn't like it all that much (except for when Banette killed Blissey...made me happy inside). So...I made up another team in about 5 minutes >.< It may actually be worse, but it does seem funner to me (not to mention...it contains some of my old favorites).

Really? I'm not really good at telling what weaknesses are, which is why I posted it here to get some opinions. How would I fix that?

I love that Houndoom :) I use it in one of my best OU teams. HP Ice though.
A bit random spreads on some of your pokes. 16-32 speed EV on Zapdos.
Also a bit Water weak. Special sweepers in general, really. You should change Porygon2, it doesn't really do much for your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)