CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 7

What will be the art design of our new pokemon?

• Amandabynes

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • DougJustDoug #1

Votes: 36 18.5%
  • DougJustDoug #2

Votes: 41 21.0%
  • just some chick

Votes: 70 35.9%
  • KingofAnime-KoA

Votes: 37 19.0%
  • Soy-Monk

Votes: 55 28.2%
  • CyzirVisheen

Votes: 85 43.6%
  • Atlas

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted for Cyzir and KoA's drawing. Cyzir's drawing looks like it could do tons of moves, like Megahorn, or CC, etc. KoA's just looks awesome to me, but is probably not going to win.

Wow, it was my opinion. No need at all to go crazy over it. Although, Pokémon are generally simply done with no really complex detail. Soy-Monk's artwork has far too much detail and looks like a Digimon imo.
And Cyzir's isn't more complex and doesn't look like a Digimon?

Think next time before you make a statement based solely on favoritism. And by the way, I despise Digimon, so I'm insulted by you for making that connection.

Wow, it was my opinion. No need at all to go crazy over it. Although, Pokémon are generally simply done with no really complex detail. Soy-Monk's artwork has far too much detail and looks like a Digimon imo.
Wow...it took you this long to see my post? Damn =/

I never went crazy over it so please explain what part of my post imply I went batshit insane on your opinion. I post simply wanted to point out that without a stone cold guildline and/or design plan to follow they're no way one can say "Oh...too complex/simple to be [whatever]". Hell maybe one day Gamefreak decided to scrap all their pokemon and redesign them to appeal more grown up people, then Soy-Monks and Cyzir's design wouldn't be outcast in terms of design.

Well, i'm being ganged up upon, so I have this to say regarding my intentions.

@Soy-Monk: I am not the only one making connections from your artwork to Digimon. I apologize for the negative connotations my post held. Your artwork is by far better than anything I can do, but it's not personally my favorite. In my opinion it has too much detail. Cyzirvisheen's artwork does indeed have detail, but it's predominantly on the wings. The rest of the body is fairly straightforward. I apologize again for insulting you.

@Gothic Togekiss: I didn't log on to Smogon yesterday or the day before, so I didn't see your post. I should have just let it rest, but I felt as though you were being really aggressive, so I had to post. By all means, you are correct in saying that there are no guidlines for how a Pokemon should be designed, but IN MY OPINION, Pokemon are generally simpler in design.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
ooooh, last half hour! I hope Doug #2 keeps it's position in 3rd place!!!

I didn't post it because a) it was too small to see any detail, b) I couldn't see it having the stats we decided on, and c) I thought it was ugly.
It was small because it was a sprite.

Also you may have thought it was ugly but other people may had had different opinions.

I think that some of the ones chosen look to vicious to be pokemon anyway. The onle one that looked remotley pokemon-like was the first one.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
ok 2 things. 1, i never seen all this base stats and abilities when i made this. i just seen a create a pokemon thread in art forum and went in. 2, why the fuck would you use the worst idea of the 3 pics i posted after when you know the base stats and all this other shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)