Saw Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When asked if the maximum number of kills in one night is two:

[22:59] <Obi> that depends on what you mean by kills, night, and maximum
[22:59] <Obi> And also "is"
[22:59] <Obi> ironically enough

[23:00] <Obi> I'm going to quote Bill Clinton on this one
[23:00] <Obi> "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If 'is' means 'is and never has been' that's one thing - if it means 'there is none', that was a completely true statement."
[23:01] <Obi> Now his final wording is slightly off
[23:01] <Obi> So I'll correct him
[23:01] <Obi> If is means is and will always be, that's one thing - if it means "there is now" that was a completely true statement.

[23:02] <Obi> It's not so much the word "night" that's an issue (although that is also a layer of complexity), but also the use of the word "a".
[23:02] <Obi> Do you mean this night, or any night?
[23:03] <Obi> Actually that was poor wording on my part, too...
[23:03] <Obi> Conisdier the question "Do you love anyone?"
[23:03] <Obi> Anyone can mean whoever happens to be near (anyone in general) or is there anyone you love (one person in particular).

[23:03] <Obi> You are correct that each mafia can only kill one person per night.

Follow up question: is it even remotely possible on any given night to see:

X has died.
Y has died.
Z has died.

[23:04] <Obi> Yes.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Because I apparently need to say this:

Don't impersonate. By this I mean you can't change your name to 0bi and try to get people to tell you their role or something dumb like that. You can obviously claim a role that you aren't.

Because I apparently need to say this:

Don't impersonate. By this I mean you can't change your name to 0bi and try to get people to tell you their role or something dumb like that. You can obviously claim a role that you aren't.
Why would you need to ask, if you assigned them?

good strategy, mafia man, take the attention from yourself and drop it off on a lustful...clever. I like that.

Really though, lets keep the blind bandwagoning in this thread to a minimum guys.
Trying to endear yourself with my peoples by picking me out as a scapegoat. Ha! I believe the Smogon populace is too smart for your tricks, Jackal.

I don't really understand the strategy to this game, so blind bandwagoning is really all I know how to do. Plus, isn't bandwagoning really what mob-lynching is about?

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone else get really apprehensive whenever they see Obi has posted here? I keep thinking he's going to post I've been killed XD

obi

formerly david stone
This is the start of a new day. You awaken, and everyone gathers back into the largest room of the house. In the light of the day, you realize that it is the ball room, and the tape from last night was played over a speaker system that was likely originally designed for playing music.

You count up everyone in the room, and you count 41 (42 including yourself). Nobody has died during the night.

You don't have to lynch someone if you don't want to. If there is a tie, nobody is lynched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)