CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 8

Which moves DON'T you want to see on our new pokemon (PICK TWO)

• Zap Cannon

Votes: 75 33.2%
  • Thunderpunch

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • Close Combat

Votes: 54 23.9%
  • Focus Blast

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Fire Blast

Votes: 116 51.3%
  • Stone Edge

Votes: 44 19.5%
  • Earthquake

Votes: 52 23.0%
  • Earth Power

Votes: 28 12.4%
  • Hydro Pump

Votes: 81 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
elemental fangs should definately be taken into consideration. oh and deck knights post is basically my whole view on this pokemon also.

I say we do a second poll, because it seems people are more afraid of the120 BP moves than Stone Edge (rightly so). Stone Edge is more of a design thing. Bug + Ice =/= falling Stones. Pinsir, Shuckle, and Heracross are the only Bugs to learn Stone Edge (Shuckle is part Rock), and Mamoswine is the only Ice type to learn Stone Edge and that's becase its a Ground type. Stone Edge is just less scary than the other options.

Finally got the laptop back from my brother.

KoA, the party sprite sort of looks like it has buck teeth. The fangs need to be sharpened a bit. Other than that I love it.

Love the cry.

I say we do a second poll, because it seems people are more afraid of the120 BP moves than Stone Edge (rightly so). Stone Edge is more of a design thing. Bug + Ice =/= falling Stones. Pinsir, Shuckle, and Heracross are the only Bugs to learn Stone Edge (Shuckle is part Rock), and Mamoswine is the only Ice type to learn Stone Edge and that's becase its a Ground type. Stone Edge is just less scary than the other options.
the rock coverage is what is scary, and the high critical hit rate.
OH, i forgot the main reason why nobody wants it up there, its bad accuracy is cured..

if nintendo did use smogons pokemon im sure they wouldn't wait, they would most likely give him to us on a wifi update. they do have the capabilities for that amirite?

the rock coverage is what is scary, and the high critical hit rate.
OH, i forgot the main reason why nobody wants it up there, its bad accuracy is cured..

if nintendo did use smogons pokemon im sure they wouldn't wait, they would most likely give him to us on a wifi update. they do have the capabilities for that amirite?
Rock coverage is scary? Huh, no need to hit Bugs SE (most OU ones will be neutral), Ice is hit just as well by Superpower or Fire Blast, Flying is hit by Ice, and Fire is hit by Hydro Pump, Earthquake, and Earth Power. It doesn't hit Steel neutral, which is bad because Steel resists Bug, Ice, and Rock.

bah, the coverage is good. but other things on his movepool hit SE for the same things. but still, what about the other factors?

In battle it needs Hydro Pump for it's greatest enemy would be Fire-types which will have like 4-8x the damage! (It's typing is Bug and Ice both extremely weak to fire-types, meaning Infernape would kill it on it's first turn or any fire type for that matter if it is packing EVs!!!)

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Ah, I see. The original sound file I manipulated for this was some specie of Cicada's cry, so it would certainly have similarities.

Voted Zap Cannon and Earthquake. This thing getting Earth Power > Earthquake gives a decent Sp. Sweeping bug other then yanmega who although is good with Hypnosis and Speed Boost, has very limited sp. sweeping moves. He gets a hidden power type (Fire, Fighting or Ground) Bug Buzz and Air Slash. having a decent speed bug that can sweep would be very nice though a x4 Fire AND Rock weakness is rather annoying. Just give him Hydro Pump which deals with a vast majority or Fire and Ground Pokemon (Areodactyl is basiclly the only common rock Pokemon). Stone Edge and Rock Slide are still rather common and would make for a hayday, but Heracross(FLamethrower/Fire Blast/Psychic) and Gyrados(Thunder/Thunderbolt) are the other big threats with this formitable move at their disposal.

Voted Zap Cannon and Earthquake. This thing getting Earth Power > Earthquake gives a decent Sp. Sweeping bug other then yanmega who although is good with Hypnosis and Speed Boost, has very limited sp. sweeping moves. He gets a hidden power type (Fire, Fighting or Ground) Bug Buzz and Air Slash. having a decent speed bug that can sweep would be very nice though a x4 Fire AND Rock weakness is rather annoying. Just give him Hydro Pump which deals with a vast majority or Fire and Ground Pokemon (Areodactyl is basiclly the only common rock Pokemon). Stone Edge and Rock Slide are still rather common and would make for a hayday, but Heracross(FLamethrower/Fire Blast/Psychic) and Gyrados(Thunder/Thunderbolt) are the other big threats with this formitable move at their disposal.
Yeah, but Aerodactyl still gets hit harder by STAB Ice Beam/Blizzard.

If I can, these are my votes: Stone Edge, All ground moves.

ps: if nintendo decides to use smogon's pokemons, uhh, I'll quit playing. Yes, who cares. Lol. T.T"

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In battle it needs Hydro Pump for it's greatest enemy would be Fire-types which will have like 4-8x the damage! (It's typing is Bug and Ice both extremely weak to fire-types, meaning Infernape would kill it on it's first turn or any fire type for that matter if it is packing EVs!!!)
It also needs Close Combat to also deal with Rock Types, and Fire Blast to deal with Steels, and Thunder to take out bulky waters that resist Ice, and Draco Meteor so it can use the cool Dragon/Fire combo with Fire Blast, and Spore so it can have a fast sleep move, and Explosion so it can go out with a bang, and Judgement because it's just so freaking awesome mate!

It also needs Close Combat to also deal with Rock Types, and Fire Blast to deal with Steels, and Thunder to take out bulky waters that resist Ice, and Draco Meteor so it can use the cool Dragon/Fire combo with Fire Blast, and Spore so it can have a fast sleep move, and Explosion so it can go out with a bang, and Judgement because it's just so freaking awesome mate!
Needs moar SolarBeam for Swampert.

IMO he shouldn't learn any of these moves, except maybe Focus Blast.
Tell that to the 207 other voters!

It looks like the four moves that will be kept are Earth Power, Thunderpunch, Focus Blast, and Stone Edge. Gives decent coverage, while still leaving a few holes in defenses, so it's not really broken at all. The only thing that gains 100% accuracy here is Stone Edge, and even with Focus Blast now at 91%, we all know how much hax works against us anyway....

I'm not opposed to giving this guy the fangs instead of the punches. The only change though is the 10 point decrease in base attack. Status percent remains the same, and with Compound Eyes, they both have 100% accuracy. I don't really see any point, but if you think it would make more sense flavor-wise, why not. They would probably count as Lv. 0 moves as well.

Are you guys serious about Energy Ball? There's no flavor reason why this thing couldn't have it, and Swampert isn't really a threat with either of its STABs. But that would just take away one more counter, so forget it.

I like cry #1, KoA.

you can still make fun of X-trader though
Only until he finishes my Skarmory, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)