CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 8

Which moves DON'T you want to see on our new pokemon (PICK TWO)

• Zap Cannon

Votes: 75 33.2%
  • Thunderpunch

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • Close Combat

Votes: 54 23.9%
  • Focus Blast

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Fire Blast

Votes: 116 51.3%
  • Stone Edge

Votes: 44 19.5%
  • Earthquake

Votes: 52 23.0%
  • Earth Power

Votes: 28 12.4%
  • Hydro Pump

Votes: 81 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Are you guys serious about Energy Ball? There's no flavor reason why this thing couldn't have it, and Swampert isn't really a threat with either of its STABs. But that would just take away one more counter, so forget it.
We were joking about the grass moves. :/

Also, cry #1 seems to be the popular choice here.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cooper said:
Are you guys serious about Energy Ball? There's no flavor reason why this thing couldn't have it, and Swampert isn't really a threat with either of its STABs. But that would just take away one more counter, so forget it.
Number one reason not to give this a grass attack: It would slaughter bulky waters. Grass + Ice works wonders for Abomasnow and Ludicolo, I don't see why it wouldn't here. While it could already take out Starmie and Slowbro with Bug attacks, energy ball is a silencer for Lapras, Walrein, and Milotic. Otherwise it doesn't affect much given TTar is weak to Bug and the other common rocks are part Ground, bar Aero which is weak to Ice. Regirock is the only Rock type this really puts a damper on, although Mamoswine won't like it either.

no zap cannon and earth power

I voted no Zp cannon, cause i hate that attack.
I voted no Earth power, cause earthquake is stronger.:pimp:

I don't think any of those moves really have any viability on an ICE/BUG type really. I don't think it's feasible to have an ICE/BUG type using Ground/Fighting/Fire/Water/Electric/Rock moves. Why don't we stick with ICE and BUG type moves, hmm? We've already given it an immunity to Stealth Rock, why don't we beef it up with the best moves in the game? If there was no immunity to SR, the other moves might hold some balancing justification, bu with a SR immunity? Wanting a BIT too much.

For the record, I voted Close Combat and Earthquake.

I do like the cry, though. Maybe a little too buggish. Add some more "Ice-like" twinges too it, maybe?

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't think any of those moves really have any viability on an ICE/BUG type really. I don't think it's feasible to have an ICE/BUG type using Ground/Fighting/Fire/Water/Electric/Rock moves. Why don't we stick with ICE and BUG type moves, hmm?

For the record, I voted Close Combat and Earthquake.
There are quite a few moves pokemon get that don't make sence. How does a fire monkey summon a "knot of grass"? How does Bronzong use Earthquake? It's a floating hunk of crud. The most it can do is fall to the ground. How goes Gyarados use Fire Blast? Or Blissey for that matter? Pokemon doesn't always have to make sense.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
And for the record, no pokemon ever has only moves relating to just its typing. That'd be ultimately stupid.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
The only one this bug would have a problem with is earthquake (if it "stomps", wouldn't its crystal bottom be shattered?) and Fire Blast (I have no idea where I bug/Ice would get fire from unless it was burnt itself).

Dude I did the head and arms and I used KoA as a guide to do the bottom and the wings. And I did not add the lower parts. It is scratched but not fro my mind like KoA originally did.

Judging solely by its looks, I say all of its special attacks except Earth Power should stay on. I don't see how something with no legs could use Close Combat though. Fire Blast sounds ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)