CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 10

What will be the name of our new pokemon?

• Aufylus

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Dorylus

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Syclant

Votes: 132 53.7%
  • Apocritz

Votes: 21 8.5%
  • Vishicle

Votes: 38 15.4%
  • Eiskungia

Votes: 18 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
rayquaza stop posting and change your name to something less insulting to Rayquaza.

You've missed basically nothing but Syclant jumping far ahead and us deciding to do a Farfetch'd evo. It's going to be Fight/Fly and some Garchomp-esque spreads were posted.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Well, I think we can move on to another poll then, this one is obviously wrapped up. :/

We'll just wait for Cooper.

you each posted 1 minute after eachother and all of the posts are about not being patient.
so the next thread will be for what?

Thanks for the info Sanjay. I already have a Custom move for Absur'd. I'll post it in that Poll though. Its kinda off topic here, and we have been VERY off topic in this poll.

This poll is dead anyways.

Anything else for Absur'd? Dex entry, movepool, sig move, and spriting are the only things I think.

KoA

is an Artist
Eh, I still have a design idea in mind for him. I'm not too keen on the idea of totally ripping off a Devartist's idea. :(

It would only be sensible having the everything coming totally from smogon, right?

KoA

is an Artist
Alright, gimme about an hour to get it drawn. I'm stoked that I bought a new mechanical pencil. :)

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If we vote for a Farfetch'd evo, we skip the name, typing, role, and drawing polls. They are already done. Absur'd is awesome, typing is obvious, role is obvious, and we already have the best picture ever.

Anyways, on topic, one evo is enough.
This pokemon isn't finished. How about we do that before moving on.

The purpose is to follow a process and create a community-voted pokemon. The idea that we can fast-track the next pokemon is pretty stupid, IMO. Why bother with multiple polls and hundreds of voters, when we can whip up an entire pokemon in one afternoon, based upon the posted opinions of a few active posters in a single discussion thread, combined with a drawing someone dug up from DeviantArt. Yes, that's certainly faster than what we did with this Syclant -- but it's a different process entirely. In fact, it's very little process at all. Although time consuming, the polls need to drive EVERY MAJOR STEP of the creation process.

Very few of these poll outcomes have reflected the "consensus" opinions expressed by active posters. Even fewer poll outcomes have represented the opinion of the mini-mod running the show. To make some blanket assumption that you can pick the name, type, role and artwork based off the opinions posted by a few people in a single thread? That's not "Smogon Creates a Pokemon 2" -- that's "Hyra and Friends Discuss New Kewl Pokemon Concepts 1".

Although very few things have gone "my way" in this process, I find it fascinating nonetheless. I don't really care if any of my artwork wins, any of my suggestions get votes, etc. I like the journey, not the destination. If you are going to shortcut the whole thing, it defeats the whole purpose IMO.

This is just brainstorming. Of course other people will have different ideas for it. There have probably been sketches, fakedexes, millions of other thoughts on a Farfetch'd evo before. We're not trying to rush through the next one. We're just getting a jump on the concept.

DougJustDoug

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
*headtilt* I'm not sure how you can differ on opinion that much for a Farfetch'd evo, but ok.
Who said a Farfetch'd evo is even interesting to everyone? Personally, I think Farfetch'd is one of the dumbest pokemon in existence. Everything about that pokemon sucks. Why would I want to waste time coming up with a new evo for it? Just because a few people think it's the greatest idea in the world and have the time to post 50 messages in a single day pumping up the idea -- that doesn't make it a good idea.

There are tons of Pokemon "cults" who think all sorts of obscure shit is fascinating.

"ZOMG! Smoochum is sooo fucking cute! Let's make a legendary based off it!"

"I have a great idea! Let's make a Water pokemon! We don't have enough of them and I think the color blue totally ROX!"

"Lucky Punch is the coolest item ever invented! Let's make a pokemon that can really use it well!"

Give me a break...

If Farfetch'd is so damn cool, then make a poll with other suggestions and see if it wins. After that, we'll see. But until that happens, let's stop with the fanboy circle-jerk over a new pokemon concept that may not even get off the ground.

KoA

is an Artist
I wanna see Syclant off until the end, when he can finally come to life in all his fruition. I dunno about you guys, but I'd definitely feel proud.

I think the spelling of Syclant is misleading...looks like it would be 'Sigh-clant' not 'sickle-ant'.

I voted for it though.

DougJustDoug

I wanna see Syclant off until the end, when he can finally come to life in all his fruition. I dunno about you guys, but I'd definitely feel proud.
QFT. After we finish this one, I'll be very proud -- and excited to participate in the next one. Assuming the next one will be community-vote driven, of course.

I do too. Especially if it is accepted by Nintendo. I would be playing the next Gen saying, "Wow, i was there when they made Scylant. So cool."

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Personly, I'd rather see Syclant right to the end, even waiting as long as it takes to recieve a generic reply from Nintendo, before even begining conversations about the possobility of doing another.

KoA

is an Artist
Ok, guys, I'll have to get back to you at around later.

I'll be back at around 100 or until my sister dies sooner.

DougJustDoug

The whole Farfetch'd evo is getting play in this thread, because this poll is very boring. You can't argue or discuss a name, you just have to vote. So, in the absence of on-topic discussion, people venture into more interesting stuff -- like a new pokemon creation.

It's ironic that these new discussions are tending towards bypassing the very polls and discussions that were most interesting in this series. Some of the most "fun" parts of the Syclant creation was the Role, Typing, and Artwork polls. With this Farfetch'd evo, active posters want to eliminate all of those polls (the fun ones) and move directly to movepool and dex entry (the boring ones).

Yay....

Hi everybody. This is RockoTheTaco, creator of that fake Farfetch'd evolution (it's name is Brikait'd, which comes from "fabricated", to stay in theme with the original's name). I'm suprised you guys liked it so much. I really appreciate the positive comments!

Just so you all know, that awesome Farfetch'd evo, I sprited it. I'm hesitant about posting it until we get permission from the original artist though.
Permission granted. :)

Who said a Farfetch'd evo is even interesting to everyone? Personally, I think Farfetch'd is one of the dumbest pokemon in existence. Everything about that pokemon sucks. Why would I want to waste time coming up with a new evo for it? Just because a few people think it's the greatest idea in the world and have the time to post 50 messages in a single day pumping up the idea -- that doesn't make it a good idea.
Farfetch'd is the most badass Pokemon there is outside of the Electabuzz evolutionary line. He needs a power boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)