CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 11

Whose art will we use for the Syclant sprite?

• KingofAnime - KoA

Votes: 128 57.7%
  • CyzirVisheen

Votes: 84 37.8%
  • DougJustDoug

Votes: 10 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a CRAZY idea. I really love RockotheTacho's images. So i was looking through them when i came across this: http://rockothetaco.deviantart.com/art/Infernant-60219675 His entry says "Fire Ant". Now i was thinking of a Split evo? The first evo could be A normal type and evolves into Scylant or Infernant by stones. What do you think?

Edit: Not like Eevee. It would be like ranks in an Ant colony. Queen/Worker/Soldeir/Nurse/etc.

I was originally going to shoot you down immediately, but you don't deserve that. Your idea makes sense, but I still say no. Having even a neutral bug evolve into either Ice or Fire pokemon would require some sort of event, like Glaceon had, and that would mean Nintendo would either need a place like the Ice Rock or a new stone. We didn't even want to ask for a new move, why would we want something like that?

It was worth a try. It sounded ok, but i forgot there was no Ice Stone. Lol. So then might i suggest we use RocktheTacho as our designer from now on?

Erm... no? Just because you think his art is impressive doesn't mean we can bypass the weeks-long art thread we had, as well as the three-part poll. He's welcome to participate, but "official designer" is out of the question.

Yeah, no BP. Swords Dance will be learned by TM, and tail Glow is received by breeding from Volbeat. This also limit the special sweeping abilities of Syclant outside his STAB, because it's impossible to get Tail Glow and Earth Power.
Last I saw, this thing was planned to be in the bug and ground egg groups. Ground, as in Smeargle.

Yeah, no BP. Swords Dance will be learned by TM, and tail Glow is received by breeding from Volbeat. This also limit the special sweeping abilities of Syclant outside his STAB, because it's impossible to get Tail Glow and Earth Power.
Okay, I don't think Ice Beam/Focus Blast/Attack Order/Tail Glow is too bad though. I'm too lazy to check, but I think only Qwilfish and Tentacruel resist it.

Hm... and Attack Order/Ice Punch/Brick Break/Swords Dance for physical? Seems like the physical side will be easily walled by Steels because Superpower doesn't mix well with Swords Dance.

Syclant isn't getting the Orders. They don't work flavor-wise, especially if this is a colony. Syclant can only be male, and therefore is a mindless drone incapable of ordering anything around. It's like Combee, I think.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How is a thing that have an fighting attack still walled by Steel type?
Most Steel walls have either insanely high defense (Steelix), are neutral to fighting (Bronzong), or both(Skarm and Forry).

Syclant isn't getting the Orders. They don't work flavor-wise, especially if this is a colony. Syclant can only be male, and therefore is a mindless drone incapable of ordering anything around. It's like Combee, I think.
Technically all workers and foragers in an ant colony are female, as the males are busy impregnanting and cleaning the Queen.

KOA gmv. Cyzir has no animation and Doug's is just too long.
Thanks for reading. Cyzir will obviously be making an animation if he was chosen. Not likely now, but still this is why I want people to have to post to vote, we can correct them if they use faulty logic.

Thanks for reading. Cyzir will obviously be making an animation if he was chosen. Not likely now, but still this is why I want people to have to post to vote, we can correct them if they use faulty logic.
I very much agree with you here, you vote KOA becuase no animation on, IMHO, the best one. vote on the actual sprite not the animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)