CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 12

What evolutionary stage will Syclant be at?

• Basic (it doesn't evolve or have pre-evos)

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • Secondary (it has a pre-evo, but doesn't evolve)

Votes: 137 64.9%
  • Final (two pre-evos)

Votes: 46 21.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh... yeah. By looking at the results of Poll 11, I think we can all tell easily enough who the winner of the sprite contest is. So it's time to start Poll 12, which should be the second to last poll (the last being dex entry). That means we're almost done! Yay! Here's what all of our hard work has given us:

Syclant
Bug/Ice
Ability: Compound Eyes/ Mountaineer
70/ 116/ 70/ 114/ 64/ 121

Mountaineer: This pokemon takes no indirect or direct damage from Rock type attacks upon switching in. This doesn't block additional effects.

Movepool:

Level:
- Thunder Fang
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Leech life
- Leer
- Ice Shard
10 Focus Energy
15 Knock Off
17 Slash
20 Bite
28 Icy Wind
32 X-Scissor
40 Night Slash
49 Ice Punch
55 Bug Buzz
65 Sheer Cold

TMs/HMs:
TM03: Water Pulse
TM06: Toxic
TM07: Hail
TM10: Hidden Power
TM12: Taunt
TM13: Ice Beam
TM14: Blizzard
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM16: Light Screen
TM17: Protect
TM18: Rain Dance
TM21: Frustration
TM27: Return
TM28: Dig
TM31: Brick Break
TM32: Double Team
TM33: Reflect
TM39: Rock Tomb
TM40: Aerial Ace
TM41: Torment
TM42: Facade
TM43: Secret Power
TM44: Attract
TM45: Rest
TM46: Thief
TM47: Steel Wing
TM51: Roost
TM52: Focus Blast
TM54: False Swipe
TM56: Fling
TM58: Endure
TM60: Drain Punch
TM62: Silver Wind
TM63: Embargo
TM65: Shadow Claw
TM66: Payback
TM68: Giga Impact
TM70: Flash
TM71: Stone Edge
TM72: Avalanche
TM75: Swords Dance
TM78: Captivate
TM80: Rock Slide
TM81: X-Scissor
TM82: Sleep Talk
TM83: Natural Gift
TM84: Poison Jab
TM87: Swagger
TM89: U-Turn
TM90: Substitute
TM91: Flash Cannon
HM01: Cut
HM03: Fly (for those bitching that this doesn't fly, explain Doduo)
HM04: Strength
HM06: Rock Smash

Egg Moves (Bug Group):

- Earth Power (Trapinch)
- Superpower (Pincir)
- Spikes (Forretress)
- Counter (Forretress)
- Air Slash (Scyther, Scizor)
- Crunch (Skorupi, Drapion)

This time we'll be voting for evolutions/lack of them. I believe it was Cyzir who had already done two of them, so all we're really doing here is deciding whether this is a basic pokemon, a second stage, or a third. Split-evos are out of the question because of this:

Having even a neutral bug evolve into either Ice or Fire pokemon would require some sort of event, like Glaceon had, and that would mean Nintendo would either need a place like the Ice Rock or a new stone. We didn't even want to ask for a new move, why would we want something like that?
So there. Your choices here are pretty simple, basically yes or no. This poll closes in two days. I also need a compilation of dex entries. especially one involving a Magcargo.

I voted secondary. Syclant is definitely too good to be found in the wild (unless we want it to be legendary), but three evolutions is dumb. I think it should work along the lines of Weavile, where it's a moderately good first stage but gets a lot better upon evolving.

Voted Secondary. Just cause I think it'd be the coolest.

BTW, Cooper, I just want to say that we as a community owe you a thank you. You've done an excellent job managing, overviewing and planning out this project, and thanks to this our creation is actually something we can feel proud of. :-)

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"One fateful day a SYCLANT colony was foraging on a snowpeaked volcano, and had the misfortune of mistaking a SPHEAL for a MAGCARGO; it was incinerated."

"Known as the 'bullies of the mountain,' SYCLANT often coerce DELIBIRD to give up their presents, as a single DELIBIRD present can sustain a larval unit for an entire week. Exploding presents tend to end with a stuffed DELIBIRD dinner."

Secondary would be nice. Could JSC's art be how the pre evo looks? But of Cyzir has some pics drawn thats cool too.

Dito to secondary. I mean i did suggest the split evo, but i really didn't think it would work out. So yeah. My idea for a pre-evo, that would work along with my idea for a Dex entry [I will edit it in shortly] would be Cyzir's first Pic of Scylant w/o the wings and on his feet. I will get that Pic edited in also. So brb.

EDIT:
Pre-evo's Entries:

1st: This POKEMON searches for food in groups and will not return to the colony until food has been found.
2nd: While searching for food in packs, and adult [Insert final Evo name here] accompanies this POKEMON incase of any danger.

EDIT2: This is the Pre-Evo pic I was thinking of: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=852067&postcount=175 It is #1. im thinking if we change the color just a little and shorten the arms, it would work very well with the "Hunting" them and would work as a Pre-Evo. Opinions?

I still have to get the Pic in so give me a few.

I edited my post with what I think the Pre-Evo should loook like and the Dex entry. Tell me what ya think! Also Cyzir made the sprite as a Pose for Scylant, but I think it looks good as a Pre-Evo.

Secondary.

It's far too beast to have no pre-evo (seriously, you wouldn't just find it in the wild), but it is enough so that it needs a single pre-evo. Not very good sense-making here, but deal with it.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I designed Syclant as a secondary or final evolution, but I'm going with secondary. Also, I dug this up from the original art thread, but yeah:

I think the pre-evo should look like the one on the upper left hand corner. Kind of like my first Syclant prototype,
, without the cannon arms, a smaller abdomen, and smaller legs. Basically, a smaller version.

I would think a new sprite is in order for this. Cyzir's prototype looks a bit too much like the evo, and the arms should be narrower IMO.

Voted secondary for reasons stated to death already, although I can see wild ones in a post-game area similar to the cave with Mewtwo.

Also, baby Syclant is adorable, but its appearance might cause some trouble with some planned egg moves.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Dito to secondary. I mean i did suggest the split evo, but i really didn't think it would work out. So yeah. My idea for a pre-evo, that would work along with my idea for a Dex entry [I will edit it in shortly] would be Cyzir's first Pic of Scylant w/o the wings and on his feet. I will get that Pic edited in also. So brb.

EDIT:
Pre-evo's Entries:

1st: This POKEMON searches for food in groups and will not return to the colony until food has been found.
2nd: While searching for food in packs, and adult [Insert final Evo name here] accompanies this POKEMON incase of any danger.

EDIT2: This is the Pre-Evo pic I was thinking of: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=852067&postcount=175 It is #1. im thinking if we change the color just a little and shorten the arms, it would work very well with the "Hunting" them and would work as a Pre-Evo. Opinions?

I still have to get the Pic in so give me a few.
I absolutely adore these sprites. The first is really good for a pre evo. It's too bad we couldn't use the second sprite for Syclant...it looks perfect when you add wings/Ice crystals and make the eyes more mean.

First Evolution: After years of living in the cold, antifreeze has replaced the blood of (insert pre evo name here). This Pokemon thrives in deep snow and blizzards.

Second Evolution: After gathering victims frozen by blizzards for storage, this pokemon can survive for months without foraging again. This pokemon is seldom seen far from active glaciers.

Final Evolution: The forelimbs of this pokemon have become ice cannons, enabling it to freeze victims on demand. It is often aggressive, having a voracious appetite for newly frozen victims.

lol, poll over, start 13 :P

@ majesty - I'm not sure if I like the idea of such a carnivorous pokemon

Ash Ketchum: "Go Syclant" *in annoying nasally voice*
Syclant: *eats Ash*

hmmm, maybe this isn't such a bad idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)