CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 13, part 2

What dex entry should we use for Syclant (PICK TWO)?

• Entry 1

Votes: 45 27.1%
  • Entry 2

Votes: 44 26.5%
  • Entry 3

Votes: 61 36.7%
  • Entry 4

Votes: 45 27.1%
  • Entry 5

Votes: 61 36.7%
  • Entry 6

Votes: 65 39.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveJ, that may be your opinion, but that does not give you the right to insult other people's decisions. I myself voted for one and three, but I don't go out shooting down those who like another number.

Can we get another poll with larger deviation?
I'm not a fan of the '100x' and to lose by 4 of the top-threes combined 187 votes isn't accurate enough in my opinion.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You have failed to provide me with an adequate reason to extend the polling, and therefore I will not (i dissagree but i must acsept your disition). What you did was merely nitpick my reasoning, while failing to explain how an ability that allows switching in on Skarm, taking no damage, so you can kill it with Thunderpunch/Hidden Power Fire is not broken (i beleve it is less broken than one that lets you switch in on a predicted stone edge from T tar, the dragons, regirock, gyra, and so many other pokemon with out takeing any damage outspeed and force them out, i also sugested my favorite: idea simple imunity from SR, as an alternitive). however, I do respect your feelings regarding my mini-modding. But I don't plan to control the second "Create a Pokemon," so it doesn't particularly matter.
thank you, you have overall run this program very well. much better than most people would have. who wil replace you? will you get to choose, or will there be a poll with the most active people on the list?
i hope that their will be someone too replace you, i realy like this program.
oh and hit4three, i am sure he was jokeing about the "its my program and i can do what i like" thing.

i think mountineer is based on flawed logic and ice shell works much better, but in the end it is coopers final choice, and he has listend to what i have had to say, so i exept that we do not need another poll, while still thinking it would be a good idea.

I posted Sylar on one of these threads a while back, i think its a great idea for the preview of Syclant.

Sylar, Ice/Bug
Frozen Shell Pokemon

I think it should be like Kakuna/Metapod, because looking at Syclant, you'd want to work for that.

Its like you need to put up with Magikarp to get the almighty Gyarados, its the same here, raise the little shell of ice, small movepool, nothing amazing, then it evolves into that beastly beast.

And the Heroes reference is just the icing on the cake.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I posted Sylar on one of these threads a while back, i think its a great idea for the preview of Syclant.

Sylar, Ice/Bug
Frozen Shell Pokemon

I think it should be like Kakuna/Metapod, because looking at Syclant, you'd want to work for that.

Its like you need to put up with Magikarp to get the almighty Gyarados, its the same here, raise the little shell of ice, small movepool, nothing amazing, then it evolves into that beastly beast.

Sylar:

Stats:

40/45/30/45/30/55

Movepool:

1: Leech Life
1: String Shot
5: Powder Snow

Evolves into Syclant at L20.

It will be so beastly!

Sylar, Ice/Bug
Frozen Shell Pokemon

Lol. I didn't remember you saying that. Not that I'm saying you didn't. I thought of it like Icicle + Larvae. But yeah it would work very nicely.

Sylar:

Stats:

40/45/30/45/30/55

Movepool:

1: Leech Life
1: String Shot
5: Powder Snow

Evolves into Syclant at L20.

It will be so beastly!
Lv 20? It just seems a bit soon. I was thinking that this Pokemon would be decent and evolve in the 30's. Kind of like many two-stager Pokemon.

If it is a "shell of ice" though, I really doubt speed would be its highest stat.. defense/spdefense would be higher.

45/40/40/40/40/35

That's more like it... and then when it grows up from its shell, it turns into a fearsome warrior. Woot.

Those stats are actually really low. Take Riolu for example, 40/70/40/35/40/60. I think we can upgrade our little bug to 45/60/60/40/40/35. And yea 32 seems more reasonable to evolve at maybe

Why are we giving it 35 speed, when it has massive speed as a Scylant? Give it at least this spread: 45/60/40/60/40/40. Im not sure if thats too over powered for a pre-evo, but it doesnt need defenses now does it?

EDIT: This would make a perfect in-game Poke. In the letter [This is for Cooper], I think you should say it would be good to have it available early game. Just a thought.

Why are we giving it 35 speed, when it has massive speed as a Scylant? Give it at least this spread: 45/60/40/60/40/40. Im not sure if thats too over powered for a pre-evo, but it doesnt need defenses now does it?

EDIT: This would make a perfect in-game Poke. In the letter [This is for Cooper], I think you should say it would be good to have it available early game. Just a thought.
I say:

30/60/30/45/45/70

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Can we make it like a... say, cocoon with legs? With a not-so-hard shell, so it can be somewhat faster (55 speed...).

It'd be pretty much a Shelgon with a much lighter shell (ice<[the thing Shelgon's shell is made of]).

I gave it low speed because... it's a shell of ice. And if it's a larvae type of thing.. like Metapod and Cascoon, etc. they typically don't have very high speeds.

And Syclant does have amazing speed, yes. But it's obvious that both Sylar and Syclant are very different. One's a shell of ice and the other could potentially slash your face off..

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Has Cooper even verified that he will be doing a poll on this one? Will it be a combo of all pre-evo data (name, stats, moves, evo level, etc.)? A poll for each will be really long and boring. I'm only mildly interested in the name and maybe some stats. For everything else, virtually all suggestions are acceptable.

I gave it low speed because... it's a shell of ice. And if it's a larvae type of thing.. like Metapod and Cascoon, etc. they typically don't have very high speeds.

And Syclant does have amazing speed, yes. But it's obvious that both Sylar and Syclant are very different. One's a shell of ice and the other could potentially slash your face off..
I thought we had agreed on using Cyzir's first sprite of Scylant, w/o wings. That would then not be an Ice Shell. We shouldn't make Pokemon based off otehr Pokemon. That makes it less apealing to Nintendo. So if we make the Pre-Evo like Scylant, it looks more apealing than the Pre-Evo looking like Kakuna/Metapod.

Yea if its a shell of ice it should have low speed, like metapod compared to butterfree. I just gave Taiwanesedude's extra defense and attack for well, that obvious reason that its a shell of ice, and it needed more

45/60/60/40/40/35

Bull of Heaven

Is this a bad time to point out that I don't think it should be a shell of ice? The smaller ant was much better. Why should a block of ice evolve into an ant? Are we just using the shell idea because Nintendo did? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)