Harry Potter Mafia

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
hi here are my latest suspicions:

1) Toothache. Pretty sure he is mafia.
2) GreenPikachu. False claimed bg to me.

I say go for Toothache next.

Edit: Also, can "Felix the Phoenix" please contact me? Thanks.

Edit2: And students, again, go over post #25 and pm me when you get the hint please. I need to know more students. and also, please don't give a copy of your initial pm to anyone. that directly links to my hint and even if you don't trust me, don't give it out.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Shiv is whining in a corner because I wont give up the information he wants in pm..

Just a note, giving up one of your partners is a classic mafia technique. Shiv is probably right when he tells us who to lynch, but that doesnt necessarily mean he is a good guy..

Have a nice day.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
you'll see i am :)

sure, i couldve been giving up gorm or aamto but ill prove in a bit that i'm not. because exactly HOW many people will a mafia be willing to give up? ;)

I decided to reveal the regular Student, Ministry and Death Eater PMs - at least one of each has died, after all. Plus the "no check my previous post it was a HINT" fad is pretty lame.

You are a Student.
You are sided with Hogwarts.

The power of the students does not come from their night role (because they don't have any - students should be sleeping), but from their numbers. You are actually in school to study, but in these dark times with both the Ministry and the Death Eaters infiltrating on Hogwarts, that has become practically impossible. To renew the peace at Hogwarts, you will vote during daytime for one person to be publically lynched in the Great Hall. Beware, though, that the evildoers are voting as well. You have some great powers on your side that will do their best to aid you during the night, but you will have no idea who to trust during daytime. Will you be able to overcome the cruel plotting going on behind your backs and finish your education? Or will you whine in a corner, screaming "Fuck, I got villager again!"? That is up to you.

You are a Ministry Worker.
You are on the side of the Ministry of Magic.

The Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, has demanded that you and a few of your collegues go into Hogwarts, disguised by Polyjuice Potion, to find out who might be supporting the dark side. However, clueless fucks as Ministry workers usually are, you guys don't mind if an innoncent or two gets killed in the meantime. The Ministry is on its own, and equally as evil as the Death Eaters as this game is concerned. At night, you vote with the other workers and Fudge to determine who to kill during the night. Your group wins the game if all allied with Hogwarts and all allied with the Death Eaters have been killed.

You are a Death Eater.
You are on the side of the Death Eaters.

As a vicious member of the dark fellowship around Lord Voldemort, you will not rest until you've cleaned Hogwarts of all that is hostile. That means both these Students, everyone who works at Hogwarts, and those way-too-curious workers from the Ministry of Magic, with Cornelius Fudge at their head. At night, you hold a conference with your fellow Death Eaters and Lord Voldemort himself, and end it by voting for one person you will want to kill that night.

Shiv

mostly harmless
oh well it gave me good info anyway!

anyway the hint was the 'fuck im villager again' at the end of my post and at the end of mekkah's pm! :)

Shiv

mostly harmless
okay so I have a bit of info for you guys and a couple of shoutouts for some people.

firstly, this night, there will be no kills. thats due to a ability someone has.

now i need to call some people out and as a show of faith ill post a gist of your ability. hopefully this may get you to trust me enough to pm me. as another show of faith, ill give you info on the other roles and people playing them so that you can be more helpful!

firstly, sirius black, basically vigilante on the good side. probably responsible for one of the kills first night!

secondly, albus dumbledore, inspector guy.

and lastly, here's one more piece of info for you guys:

evan (TheBM) is Mungdungus Fletcher. Basically a werewolf who has immunity in the night for now, but when one of the 3 groups (villager, mafia, mafia) die out, he gets a night kill instead of his immunity.

for the record, evan played an awesome game and was imo mvp. he had me believing that he was fletcher but said that fletcher was bpv and it was tallying to fletcher the character completely so i believed it 100%!

I suppose I owe an explanation and an apology to everyone for blocking this all of a sudden, but this was not the mafia game I had in mind. I am really sorry to ruin the fun like this, especially for those who had entertaining new roles that did work out.

I am not at all happy with some villager stepping in and dropping a substile hint that only another villager will understand, and I am not at all happy with such villagers going around the world asking people if they can verify their role. That is completely missing the point of the game, or more accurately, it's missing the point of being on the good side: you don't know who your friends are.

I know what you're thinking: that is what I did in Saw Mafia. Indeed, I started the hinting-a-villager thing. Two subtile differences:
1) I explained my hint after the villager tape was shown. This game didn't show the Student PM until it was too late and only worked in the good side's favor. I completely left it to other people to choose to trust me or not, and I could still be deceived through Wrathfuls and Betrayers PMing me saying "I trust you now give me your info". I had to be very cautious of who to give my information, and the only way I could check anything were through the special roles I had contacts with.
2) I didn't ask people to explain what my hint meant. Shiv could essentially ask anyone, and in the worst case scenario he'd have to conclude someone is either evil or has a special role. Better cases were not uncommon though and could lead to 100% surefire accusations. All I could do was say "do you trust me".

That said, evan's chance of winning just got totally decimated - partly because Shiv made his role public, but partly because of a fault I made myself: I let the Psychic of this game (Trelawny) know what Fletcher does exactly. If I were to rewind this game and play it again, I'd leave off that part. That is just one thing I'd like to fix.

For those reasons, I locked this thread. I am making a new game though, and it'll be the same theme, but with (even) better thought out rules. Evan (TheBuM) is helping me with this.

I'd like to thank everyone who made the first few nights as interesting as it was.

Shiv

mostly harmless
Alright, firstly, I realize how I ended up 'breaking the game'. I didn't realize it would break it when I started doing it but hell it did. So I'm sorta sorry for that, mostly because Mekkah put a LOT of work into it.

There's a lot of people asking me what all I knew,so here's all I knew. First the roles then the people I suspected or knew.

Before that, I'd like to say that Zenigame fell into my trap for the fake roles. He claimed he was Sirius Black!

Sybilla Trelawny, Hogwarts. Knows all the roles in the game and what their PM said. It was stated in my PM that I can use Mekkah as a crystal ball since I have more things (the roles) to ask about. I can't ask questions that may spoil the game.

Rubeus Hagrid, Hogwarts. Basically the bodygaurd, protects one person during the night.

Hermione Granger, Hogwarts. Somewhat of an investigator. She PM's a role to Mekkah during the night. If the role is in the game, Mekkah answers who the person playing the role is. Hermione can not research Death Eaters, Lord Voldemort, Ministry of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, or Student. If she researches one of those roles or a role that doesn't exist, Mekkah will send back nothing.

Fred Weasley, Hogwarts. Knows who George Weasley is and can trust to work with him.

George Weasley, Hogwarts. Knows who Fred Weasley is and can trust to work with him.

Neville Longbottom, Hogwarts. PM's Mekkah during each night to try to recruit someone. If the person chosen is a Student, the Student is enlisted in Dumbledore's Army. Everyone in Dumbledore's Army, including Neville, knows each other. If Neville chooses a non-Student, the recruitment will fail.

Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody, Hogwarts. A vigilante character. Can choose to kill someone (doesn't have to) each night. His kills have higher priority than Death Eaters, Ministry of Magic, and Mundungus Fletcher.

Felix the Phoenix, Hogwarts. Felix makes sure no deaths occur during the night. Felix can choose to use its power twice in the game. After the second time, Felix will be found dead.

Death Eater, Death Eaters. Typical mafia group. Knows other members, including Lord Voldemort. They vote who to kill.

Lord Voldemort, Death Eaters. Sends Mekkah who to kill every night. He doesn't have to listen to his comrades' votes, but they don't know that.

Ministry Worker, Ministry of Magic. Typical mafia group two. They know each other, including Cornelius Fudge. They vote who to kill.

Cornelius Fudge, Ministry of Magic. Sends Mekkah who to kill every night. He doesn't have to listen to his comrades' votes.

Severus Snape, no alignment. Can choose an alignment to be on every night. Eventually, he will be locked onto his current alignment. When he is locked onto the Death Eaters, he will gain their names, same with The Ministry of Magic. If he chooses Hogwarts, he will get the name of one student.

Mundungus Fletcher, no alignment 2. The werewolf. Is immune to all night powers in the game. Once one of the three groups are completely eliminated, his night immunity is gone. In exchange, he can kill one person during the night.

Student, Hogwarts. Villager. They kinda suck. :p Can vote to kill someone during the day.

Students: Shiv, Captkirby, timw06 (not 100% certain but PROBABLY), Ae Sakura, Mastadi, Fishin', Lord Gloom, Hipmonlee (not 100% certain but PROBABLY), akuchi (dead).

Neville: zerowing.

Hagrid: Portugeez.

Sybill Trelawney: Pidgeot79.

Hermione Granger: GTS.

Mad-Eye Moody: cookie.

Felix the Phoenix: leafgreen386.

Mungdungus Fletcher: evan.

Argus Filch: Jackal.

Death Eaters: aamto (dead), Obi (dead), tootache (probable).

Ministry: gormenghast (dead).

Mafia (not known which one): GreenPikachu (pmed me saying he's bg saying its called madam promfrey while its actually hagrid so he was faking!)

22:22:12] <Mekkah> - Fudge: Blue Kirby
[22:22:12] <Mekkah> Workers: Dak, gmax, GreenPikachu, Gormenghast, Max, vespa, Melon, Havak, Judgement, [.darkie], the Lexx
[22:22:12] <Mekkah> - Voldemort: batpig
[22:22:12] <Mekkah> Death Eaters: West, Zephyrman, Toothache, n3ther, Doomsday, aamto, Hyra, ControllerofFlames, Zenigame, Catamaran, Obi

[22:30:09] <+Mekkah> - Trelawny (Pidgeot79)
[22:30:09] <+Mekkah> - Hagrid (Portugeez)
[22:30:09] <+Mekkah> - Hermione (GTS)
[22:30:09] <+Mekkah> - Fred (Shiney)
[22:30:09] <+Mekkah> - George (gsumbreon)
[22:30:09] <+Mekkah> - Neville (zerowing)
[22:30:09] <+Mekkah> - Moody (cookie)
[22:30:09] <+Mekkah> - Felix (leafgreen386)
[22:30:12] <+Mekkah> - Snape (CardsoftheHeart)
[22:30:13] <+Mekkah> - Mundungus (TheBM)

CONFIRMED SO FAR:

PROBABLY STUDENT-ALIGNED:
(those are on neither teams)

Ae Sakura - under shivs suspicion

timw06 - most likely regular student, he did get shivs clue

cookie - ???

mastadi - most likely regular student, he did get shivs clue

Jackal - most likely regular student, he joined in the middle of night one

Cards of the Heart - is acting dumb/suspicious

D_Force - is acting dumb/suspicious

CaptKirby - most likely our target

zerowing - most likely death eaters target, obi suspected him before he died

Hipmonlee - i am not sure about him, toothache took a pretty long time responding to this one, could be unrelated, though

DEATH-EATER
(what we know)

Toothache - Is probably going to die Day 2, currently in contact with me, if he dies i will ask him to get me someone else to talk to.

Zenigame - We were debating, that we should kill him, but toothache noticed that he is a Death Eater, later.

MINISTRY
(what they know)

Dak - Toothache knows who I am, so he will probably have told his mates, but I doubt they will kill me, because if everything is going according to our plan, we will kill the confirmed Students at first, they need me as their contact, too.

GreenPikachu - under contact with toothache, too, shiv knows that he is mafia

This post has been edited by Dak on Jan 19 2008, 09:32 PM

also why did no one suspect be for falling for obis trap and claming shiv is fudge ?_?

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I suspected you SO HARD Dak.

But it wasn't exactly in my best interest to denounce you just yet.

I'd just like to say that I had this game in the palm of my hands before Trelawney came out.

proud to be a death eater.

unfortunately the smartest Death Eater tried too fucking hard and ended up dying. fuck you obi.

also fuck west for making a SECRET FORUM and then not giving me access, despite being a death eater.

also im loling at "felix the phoenix"

"is acting dumb/suspicious"...

That was nice... >_>

As for your claim, Dak, I was the only one to even bring it up. I was hoping to confirm it before I laid suspicion on Shiv or you, but I was hopeless to think I had a way to prove it...

And for the record, I aligned with the Death Eaters.

Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody, Hogwarts. A vigilante character. Can choose to kill someone (doesn't have to) each night. His kills have higher priority than Death Eaters, Ministry of Magic, and Mundungus Fletcher.
No one had higher priority. All kills would go through. If Mad-Eye tried to kill Mundungus in the endgame (when one side has fallen), they would both die. It'd appear as if they dueled each other and both casted Avada Kedavra.

The look of surprise on aamto's face and all that stuff was nothing by the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)