CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Art Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, it's kinda cute. Looks like it'd have lots of slashing and cutting moves, kinda like Gallade. Problem is, I can't exactly see it using STAB physical moves, since swordy thingies don't seem like they'd support Shadow Claw, and Brick Break seems to be more of a punch, although that doesn't stop Kricketune from BBing with its scythey things. Yeah, I suck at describing stuff lol.
Well based on how I see it, it could learn Cross Chop, Aerial Ace, X-scissor, and other move that is a cutting, stabbing, or chopping action. It probably going to be needing a new slicing/cutting Ghost type move if you want dual STAB action but that's me.

So here's my idea:

Obviously he's supposed to look like a scarecrow. At first, I was going to give him legs (typical raggedy scarecrow-looking ones), but then it reminded me too much of Blaziken (because it had hay sticking out at its pant leg openings, which looked like the bottoms of Blaziken's legs). So I went for a typical ghost-like legless "puff." The problem is now I don't know if he looks too much like Duskull... >.>

His head is supposed to look like a skull (white with black eye sockets and glowy eyeballs), and his torso is composed of hay (bound together by ropes). I'm not too sure about what his hands look like yet, but I kind of imagine them as being wooden-like, kind of like the faun from Pan's Labyrinth or the Keeper of the Grove (from Warcraft III).

He fights mainly with his claws and punching moves, but I can also picture him charging up a shadow ball attack pretty well. (I guess that puts his attack and special attack stat at about equal, with the former being a bit higher.) For his bio, I was thinking about something along the lines of how it protects farmers' crops from flocks of Murkrows (as illustrated above). He loves his corn, lol. Basically he's one of those Pokemon that look creepy but is really just misunderstood.

He fights mainly with his claws and punching moves, but I can also picture him charging up a shadow ball attack pretty well. (I guess that puts his attack and special attack stat at about equal, with the former being a bit higher.) For his bio, I was thinking about something along the lines of how it protects farmers' crops from flocks of Murkrows (as illustrated above). He loves his corn, lol. Basically he's one of those Pokemon that look creepy but is really just misunderstood.
Lol, sound like Shuppet. I can see this being a good starting point for a Pokemon. It just doesn't seem to have any strength behind it. Other than that, I love this idea.

So I'm not that great of an artist but I thought I might as well give this a shot.

So his head and hands are chained into his robes, but he can release and pull the chains and body parts towards and away from his body. This allows him to launch his claw-ish hands at his opponent for his attack.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
So here's my idea:

Obviously he's supposed to look like a scarecrow. At first, I was going to give him legs (typical raggedy scarecrow-looking ones), but then it reminded me too much of Blaziken (because it had hay sticking out at its pant leg openings, which looked like the bottoms of Blaziken's legs). So I went for a typical ghost-like legless "puff." The problem is now I don't know if he looks too much like Duskull... >.>

His head is supposed to look like a skull (white with black eye sockets and glowy eyeballs), and his torso is composed of hay (bound together by ropes). I'm not too sure about what his hands look like yet, but I kind of imagine them as being wooden-like, kind of like the faun from Pan's Labyrinth or the Keeper of the Grove (from Warcraft III).

It's a Black Mage Scarecrow Pokemon! x3

I like the overall concept.

A zombie pokemon would be cool. I'm just not certain how it would be executed.
Preferably with a shotgun, at a decent distance.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Here's his latest version. Added in a scarf because it suited him better and removed his inner eyes.

It's truly a better ghostly marionette now. I also added some dynamic poses showing how he can defend and attack with his handle.

I've dubbed the name, "Phanteer" for now. (Phantom + Puppeteer)

Also, ignore the random doodles on the side.

I see this thing retroactively becoming a Banette evo just because of how awesome KoA's drawing is. I especially like the one on the side where he is dieing.

Hot damn KoA, that thing looks kick-ass there. The removing of the pupil and adding of a scarf make him more cooler than before. I'm starting to like the idea of it having and using the pupper handle thing as a weapon.

I say that the ghost/fighting type should follow a Nintendo standard and should be relatively like a undead fighter with a spritual talisman on it's forehead called a ward paper or a fú, [URL="http://imageshack.us"]
[/URL]I actually found myself caught into Darkstalkers and a character called Hsien-Ko or Lei Lei and her character brought around my ideology of a fighting/ghost pokemon resembling something like that because it would best fit in the pokemon world, like how many pokemon are related to Japanese cultural myths - think Dunsparce.

If I can get her sprites I can give some ideas for the artists on this pokemon.

[URL="http://imageshack.us"]
^ as you can see she has a talisman like the picture I had infront of her forehead attached by the hat and I think a ghost/fighting type pokemon would be cool if it had that same thing on it.

course I'm no artist but I would really like to see if you guys can come up with something that takes on that perspective relatively a hat with a ward paper attached to it and an undead tone to the pokemon. Me being the person that I am instead brought up some features the ghost/fighting type could have instead of...actually creating a pokemon....I'm lazy like that
:s[/URL]

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Someone posted that one awhile back and she was actually the idea for the sleeves on the first posted pic.

Also, what myth is Dunsparce related to?

So playing around with the mummy idea, but making it less literal, I ended up with something that could be somewhat feasible. No art, just description.

Main body is a horizontal oval, completely wrapped in bandages with a big gap in the front for eye(s). Two arms come out from the sides, one ending in a very large, disproportionate hand (used for the attacking part, since this is more than likely going to be more offensive than defensive). The other arm can have a similar hand, but it could work with a more "normal" one too. It uses the arms for "standing," but there's also a number of dangling bandages below it, acting as pseudo-legs during attacks, but also as another way to attack.

It's sturdy, but still able to do some damage, like a "balanced" Pokemon should be, and doesn't levitate.

If you make the ghost/fighting type an evo of Bannete then it would really be cool if you added those spiritual talismans

I say that the ghost/fighting type should follow a Nintendo standard and should be relatively like a undead fighter with a spritual talisman on it's forehead called a ward paper or a fú,
A bannette evo based on a chinese zombie make much sense as already stated in a few threads just one question, why the need for the Fu on the forehead? Personally I never understood why she Lei-Lei or any other chinese zombie are potrayed with that thing on their faces.

it's a spiritual ward or something like that...each fu has it's on unique property to it. Even the goblins in Okami have those fu on them, makes everything look cool XP

You could have said when designing the first pokemon that sprites werent allowed, wouldnt have wasted my time then.

I have some designs to post though.

A warrior spirit pokemon.

And a valkyrie centaur pokemon. If people say its not ghostly well valkyries are spirits its just they arent molevelant.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Here's his latest version. Added in a scarf because it suited him better and removed his inner eyes.

It's truly a better ghostly marionette now. I also added some dynamic poses showing how he can defend and attack with his handle.

I've dubbed the name, "Phanteer" for now. (Phantom + Puppeteer)

Also, ignore the random doodles on the side.
i like it alot, but it looks a bit too humam like, and i can't see very much fighting in it.
not too keen on the name Phanteer, banette and shuppet both finish with "et" its the fammily bit of the name, like "char" for the charizard family. i think we should keep the "et" bit.
would you considor trying replaceing the ropes with chains? i think that might look cool, but maybe not.

i like it alot, but it looks a bit too humam like, and i can't see very much fighting in it.
not too keen on the name Phanteer, banette and shuppet both finish with "et" its the fammily bit of the name, like "char" for the charizard family. i think we should keep the "et" bit.
would you considor trying replaceing the ropes with chains? i think that might look cool, but maybe not.

I think we should go along with the "et" ending too. Shuppet is obviously puppet and banette is relative to puppet, so maybe the new pokemon could be a play on the word marionette. Which is by KOA's design exactly what a marionette is. "a puppet manipulated from above by strings attached to its jointed limbs."

I'm still in aprroval of that fu talisman on the ghost/fighting poke though.

*Edit* from Bulbapedia
Banette's name is a combination of bane and marionette, or perhaps 'banter', referring to the way it skips about. Its Japanese name may be a corruption of Jupiter or a reference to Geppetto, a woodcarver who built a puppet that came to life in the story of Pinocchio. The -petta may also come from a Japanese translation of puppet.

In a way all pokemon that have evo's have some sort of rhyming connection or a word they share in common, sneasel has 2 sylabes and so does weavile so it partially rhymes..I guess.

*IDEA!!!*
How about the name Hangette?

we should? or should not use the spikes? If not they can always be removed I mean the concept in still in the air so it can still be changed around *brings up that fu talisman thing again (raises eyebrow)*

I'd like it better with no spikes but otherwise it's excellent. Care to make it more voodoo-ish?

I think we should base its name off of marionette but I want to use the 'marion' part. But the name is a while away.

Banette is classified as the marionette pokemon so you can really abuse "marion" in it's name. Like how Miltank is a cow but it's name doesn't include the word cow in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)