CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Art Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call them Toombie and Necrave.... They were meant to be ghost ground (and will always remain so in my eyes) but I guess could be adapted to ghost fighting... I wanted them to be able to have many claw based and bone based attacks... My original concept art was:

I redid Toombie's proportions in a somewhat poorly done drawing (but it's better than concept art :/

Less cute, more humanish, but still pokemon like... IMO

If asked I could redraw both of them in a more professional manner but uhhh, I am a little unreliable :/..

I love the idea of chains for a lot of these pictures, but it hasn't been executed right yet...

Banette evo looks cool but has too much of a human form... the legs shouldn't have knees IMO, and maybe the hands could look more like those of a wooden puppet's? Though more humany, if done right it would get more of a fighting type feel (again IMO) Also I believe the cloth shouldn't be SO raggedy that it looks too realistic... And the scarf thing and lack of a mouth, while infinitely cool looking, looks like you are trying a little too hard to make it a ninja, which is sort of strange to me considering banette is nothing like a ninja. Most pokemon shouldn't look like they are wearing clothes IMO, Jynx making a weird exception... If worked on this could become my favorite concept though.

Edit: more to suggest for the banette evo... the eyes should not have those black lines but instead be shaped so that the black lines are actually part of the eye. A cool star shaped eye in the vein of banette's strange shaped eyes... give the eyes pupils, it will look so much more like a banette evo with them I think. (but with a mouth it might not need them)

Sorry for off-topicness, but as a Zelda fan (and my little sister's an even bigger one) I have to point out that Redeads are the zombie guys. The mummies are Gibdos. So it'd actually be a gay Gibdo.

Oh yikes, gay ones would be scary. I'm sure a few people are familiar with how they attack. I think I just gave myself nightmares.
Sorry...kinda was thinking of something else but the fact of the matter is a gay zombie/undead thing would be funny and interesting thing. I almost had this idea of it having an ability based on it's gayness lol

Sorry...kinda was thinking of something else but the fact of the matter is a gay zombie/undead thing would be funny and interesting thing. I almost had this idea of it having an ability based on it's gayness lol
Well, they act exactly the same, they just look different. As for the attacking, they're apparently biting, but they seriously look like they're humping Link. Now imagine gay ones.

Lovely mental image there. 0_o

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
MegaMewtwo wins eleventy dollars.

As for the bandages, I kinda figured I added to many, but that can always be tweaked out upon conversion to a sprite. Also, I cocked his head that way for that pose really. I wanted to make him look like he was giving a nasty look.

As for the bandages, I kinda figured I added to many, but that can always be tweaked out upon conversion to a sprite. Also, I cocked his head that way for that pose really. I wanted to make him look like he was giving a nasty look.
Is there a female version of it? If so, can I throw in some suggestion on it? lol

KoA

is an Artist
I may regret it, but go for it. :P

Also, can you please resize that image? It's way huge.

Yes! Yes! Say that! We're going to put it in the Humanshape group, and we'll finally have pokemon capable of being physically attractive! Bestiality to the max!
It's not a living thing in the first place it so techically it would be nercophilie and it does even have a lower body lol though seeing this thing with breasts would be cool and funny. Another thing is didn't people mistaken Lopunny for having breasts the first time it was shown to everyone and Jynx have breasts too.

KoA

is an Artist
I'm all for the idea of having the hanging bandages form the illusion of hair actually.

Also, I could reduce the arm mass a bit as well.

I was suddenly taken with the idea of a boxing tombstone. I know boxing has been done to death, and that spiritomb already exists, but he's just not a tombstone. This guy is.

EDIT:

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I was suddenly taken with the idea of a boxing tombstone. I know boxing has been done to death, and that spiritomb already exists, but he's just not a tombstone. This guy is.
These designs are so awesome, I'm beside myself with envy. I really did not give you enough credit when you posted your first designs in this thread. On the pink blob and the nunchuk poke, I think the MSPaint overlays took so much away from your designs that it did a great disservice to your artskills. Or maybe I'm just too dense to see the design genius underneath the minimalist Paint renderings. Regardless, now that you've started posting stuff in pencil form, it just blows me away. The last three or four designs you have posted are really fantastic. This tombstone poke is so creative, I can't say enough about it. However, I don't think it's the best design for ghost/fighting. I concur with the ghost/rock comments. But, this is an eye-catching original design that deserves much praise!

I've been following this thread for a while, and I love all of the proposed artwork.

I know it's a little late, and my artwork might not be as great as some of the others, but here's my idea:

I came up with the idea of a floating skull for a ghost pokemon, and I somehow wanted to incorporate fists into the design, but I didn't know how to connect them to the skull, so I just ... didn't.

lorak... no offense but you made the shading look really bad compared to rocko's.
that thing doesnt remind me of ghost/fighting.
i'd have to say the genie thing with metal levitating gold rings is the thing that makes me thing of ghost fighting the most ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)