CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 4a

What should the Base Stat Total of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, time for the Base Stat total thread. Options are above, they don't really need any explaining. We are just running off the two options that were basically tied last time.

The winners from last poll were Balanced, Physical, and Medium. This means our Ghost/Fighting Pokemon will have relatively the same ability to take damage as it does to deal it, be mostly Physical based in its manner of attacks, yet have relatively even defenses, and have somewhere between 60 and 85 speed.

People who are special and get to submit Stat spreads to me:
Deck Knight
Cooper
FutureSuperStar
Lord Sunday
DougJustDoug
King of Anime
Sanjay numbers
Gothic Togekiss
Eric the Espeon
Rhykune

If I forgot you or you feel left out, mention it and I'll consider you. These are just the people I remembered off the top of my head.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
2nd post

also 500-525 has 3 times the votes as the other option yay!

edit: now 4 times!!!

also arzamo syther has more base speed than espeon, but the anticuno part of it must have slown it down.

Sweet, one of the first posts. I voted the lesser total. I still would have preferred UU or Uber, though.

EDIT: Drat, eric the espeon outsped me. Espeon does have a higher base speed than Articuno. :P

MORE EDIT: Lol, the lesser total is winning by so much. Yay. Amazing typing + Base stats don't mix... or maybe they mix too well...

Looks like any number below 1 rounds itself to the nearest integer.
In this case, 0, and 0 is indefinite. Go figure.
So to be bold, POLL ENDS IN HALF A DAY.

C'mon 526+, take it away!

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
my spread 125/110/70/65/78/72

125, so it can take hits on both sides quite well.

110 base attack, so it can hurt things with unbosted STAB attacks, but not be overpowerd if it gets bulk up.

70 def, with the high base HP it can take nutral hits very well.

65 base sp. attack, not to be used, but a 4x efective hidden power would do some damage e.g. HP fire for forry or ice for gliscor.

78 sp. defence, so it can take powerful sp. hits if eved to do so, with its great HP it will be hard to break with sp. attacks.

72 base speed, slow but able to outspeed stuff like metagross and tyranitar if eved to do so. max speed with a scarf would be quite fast.

comments/sugestions welcome, if there are none i will asume it is perfict and everyone will vote for it (kinda jokeing, but not totaly).

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I voted for the higher range. I would like this pokemon to be 535, but I'm OK if we need to shave 10 points off that. I'm not adamant about either one.

eric the espeon

Too much HP. Invest those in the defences. Leave around 80-95 HP and the rest into defenses.
why? high HP and low defences has about the same efect as decent defences and HP, witch is about the same as low HP and high defences. high HP is actuly more imprtant than high defences, as it efects both sides. it also makes mine distinct from the others.

High HP and low defenses means you get better overall defense while using less BST. =/
Also you take less guff from Nightshade, if anything still uses that.

why? high HP and low defences has about the same efect as decent defences and HP, witch is about the same as low HP and high defences. high HP is actuly more imprtant than high defences, as it efects both sides. it also makes mine distinct from the others.
Whoever told me that I need more defense than HP was wrong. Then I like your spread.

It just seems weird since ghost pokemon naturally have lower HP compared to other types. Maybe the fighting part would make up for that.
Voted 500~525

500-525, as before. Considering the defense tier calcs done in the previous thread, I don't know why people would like more than 525 BST. Even keeping the defenses/HP as their 525 counterparts, higher BSTs would have to use those extra points in either Attack (remember, godly STAB options), special attack (and then it gets really usable and can threaten with Hidden Power) or speed, getting a fast, powerful AND durable tank.

I don't think any of those options are desirable, if we seek to not overpower it.

eric the espeon

well said time mage, although there is another option give it good stats and a VERY limeted movepool. but i like things with good movepools.

edit: hyra, will pm my final spread in like 11-12 hours, got to get some sleep. if you start it before then, use the one above.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, god forbid we should have a pokemon that has good stab, good BST, and many different sets. It would be far to uber for OU... not now Garchomp I'm arguing here. Far better that we nerf it to the point of it being unusable.

I hope I get an acutal computer with Paint soon enough for the spriting!

And just to toss ideas out:

120/120/75/70/70/70, BST 525

Just because it's a ghost does not mean it has to have low HP with high defenses. I gave it a somewhat Hariyama-like spread, because an OU Hariyama is just amazing.

110/120/80/85/80/70, BST 545

A little less defense with more Spd and more SAttking options. If the 526-545 option is selected though, we'll most likely settle on 535 at the very most, so maybe a mix between the two would work. Something like:

115/120/80/75/80/60, BST 535

I think any of these could work.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Dam lol, I wanted to flash around the BST I've come up with, but I can't find a single post that I've had it in. Something like 110 / 90 / 80 / 70 / 70 / 85, but had a BST of 252 :S. Hyra, could you send a reply to the PM I sent you that had my planned BST in it again?

I chose 526-545 so that it could have higher sp.atk as an option for tanks.

EDIT: I'm leaning towards something like what LS said.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
So has anyone even proposed a 500-525 range spread that is not 525? I'm just wondering.
Mine, which was 110 / 95 / 80 / 70 / 75 / 85 = 515.

Leans towards Physical attack + Def, but defences are still quite close being separated by only five points. Speed is within the range, though leaning on the high side to allow it to tank more. Attack/Speed is not so high as to make people want to wack a Choice Scarf/Band on it and attempt a sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)