• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part three of the art selection. Below is the info we already know:

Typing: Ghost/Fighting
90 HP / 105 Attack / 90 Defense / 65 Sp. Attack / 110 Sp. Defense / 65 Speed
Total = 525 BST
Will not evolve from an already existing Pokemon (no matter how much one of the options looks like an already existing Pokemon by the name of Banette)

Yeah. Basically you now have to choose the art you think is the best suited for our new Pokemon. The options left are the top 2 from the last poll.

King of Anime's Mummy Pokemon:

King of Anime's Marionette Pokemon (unrelated to Banette in any way, shape, or form):

Wow, you guys really like KoA. Well, have fun voting.

The marionette is a great design, especially for a Banette evo (WHICH IT'S NOT), but it neither reflects the base stats nor looks like a fighting pokemon.

SUPER MUMRA POWER GO!!!

I'm gonna have to go for Marionette, just because I don't like the mummy. And the mummy will end anyways and this is just a formality. I just feel that the Marionette would be so much fun because of the variety the board adds.

I would have voted for the marionette but the base stats seem wrong for it. The mummy reflects them pretty well while the marionette looks more like a speedy pokemon.

Also the marionette would be better as a bannete evo...

Marionette. Idc that people say better off as a Banette Evo. It is a nice concept and is very awsome. If it doesn't make it this time, we should DEF [!!!!!!] use it some other time.

mummy

I don't want it to look like a banette evo (we decided on a new pokemon). even though it isn't supposed to be one, I still don't want it to. and it doesn't reflect the base stats good enough.

Sorry for the reposting, but I saw the moving to the new Poll 6.

"MUMRA, the Bad Guy pokemon. MUMRA is the archenemy of the THUNDERMEOWTHS."

Dark spirits! Rez plz.
Dear god, Viashino has been on FIRE today, I really cant stop laughing.

But to nicely nod to the ability comments, Sandstream -> Causes sandstorm, Sand Veil -> Grants sand immunity and some evasion during a sandstorm. Garchomp and Cacturne have sand Veil. Sand Veil is a fine ability, but is conditionally powerful.

This isn't to say I enjoy giving things a greater evasion, I just think, it fits flavor, doesn't give it one of the silly sandstorm + rock super boosts.

mummy

I don't want it to look like a banette evo (we decided on a new pokemon). even though it isn't supposed to be one, I still don't want it to. and it doesn't reflect the base stats good enough.
My thoughts EXACTLY. Someone think just like me, saving me from explaining my choice lol.

Just a little thing to think about with this. I know that Insomnia has been one of the main abilities that we can see this getting, especially the Mummy. The problem is ... this thing is a massive tank with the ability to send its defenses through the roof with the prospects of Bulk Up, and it already has a great ability in its high special defense. If we give it Insomnia, it cannot use Rest. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that a Pokemon with Insomnia cannot use Rest and Sleep Talk. So, considering this will probably want to have a tanking option as a RestTalker, giving it Insomnia might not be the best idea. Unless, of course, it is just one of two options instead of the only option.

Another couple popular ability ideas bounced around were Dry Skin and Sand Veil, so it could potentially have multiple sets that tank differently depending on ability.

So the more I look at this thing the more I feel like the community just made a Duskinor with more hp and odd typing.
Yes, we know this before we give it Pure Power and Close Combat. I doubt it would be another Dusknoir then.

In other words, we have less than half a Pokemon here. So stop comparing it to other Pokemon.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Voted for the Mummy. I liked it from the moment KoA posted it in the art thread. KoA got his inspiration from Zelda, and he channeled it into a great design. Plus, since this is KoA's personal favorite between the two, he'll really go the extra mile to make the sprite completely kick-ass! Very easy vote for me.

A true mummy in Pokemon will be cool. Dusclops is fail, from a design standpoint. Too much going on. This one can really do it right, without being completely literal. The hovering half-body. The evil eye....

I like that -- a new ability called "Evil Eye". I don't know what it should do, but I love the name. Maybe that could be the "special version of Intimidate" that has been oft-discussed? On this bulky beast it would be pretty broken, though. Oh well, I'll keep thinking of interpretations for "Evil Eye"....

So the more I look at this thing the more I feel like the community just made a Duskinor with more hp and odd typing.
Exactly.
It looks a lot like a Dusclops split evo.
Bannette evo lacks something. It doesn't look like a marionette.
I'm voting for the weird Marionette. hoping the sprite makes it look more marionette like.

Scylant was more exciting.

just pointing out we have dozens of rodent pokemon, dozens of common bird species pokemon, too many fish pokemon...

certain types lend themselves to certain designs. the stat layout is very different, the type is very different, and what we make this thing do will be very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)