Dry Skin
Shed Skin
Rough Skin
Sand Veil
Insomnia / Vital Spirit
Immunity
Synchronize
No Guard (Gibdo trait)
I think the only other thing suggested was Levitate. Oh, and a special-based intimidate, but I don't know how balancing an attack cutting ability would be on a tank.

I think the only other thing suggested was Levitate. Oh, and a special-based intimidate, but I don't know how balancing an attack cutting ability would be on a tank.
I'm leaving off Levitate, Pressure, and Guts because we thought of other, more originally options. Pressure also basically says "We want Dusknoir without Dark weak". That's the reason why I don't want Pain Split on this and am close to nixing Will-o-Wisp just so that this and Dusknoir aren't too similar.

I'm not doing Special Intimidate because nothing with Intimidate has good Defense. Hitmontop is the highest of these, with an amazing 95 Defense. 110 SDef + auto -1 SAtk is really really good.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Revised learnset Mark 2:

Level 1: Wrap
Level 1: Leer
Level 4: Sand Attack
Level 7: Astonish
Level 10: Karate Chop
Level 14: Scary Face
Level 19: Mean Look
Level 24: Shadow Punch
Level 29: Arm Thrust
Level 35: Confuse Ray
Level 41: Glare
Level 48: Power Whip
Level 53: Cross Chop
Level 59: Heal Block
Level 66: Aura Sphere

Egg Moves:
Grudge
Shadow Sneak
Curse
Destiny Bond
Pursuit
Ominous Wind
Knock Off
Ice Punch

TMs:
01 Focus Punch
06 Toxic
08 Bulk Up
10 Hidden Power
11 Sunny Day
12 Taunt
15 Hyper Beam
17 Protect
21 Frustration
26 Earthquake
27 Return
29 Psychic
30 Shadow Ball
31 Brick Break
32 Double Team
39 Rock Tomb
41 Torment
42 Facade
43 Secret Power
44 Rest
45 Attract
46 Thief
52 Focus Blast
54 False Swipe
56 Fling
58 Endure
60 Drain Punch
61 Will-O-Wisp
63 Embargo
66 Payback
68 Giga Impact
70 Flash
77 Psyche Up
78 Captivate
79 Dark Pulse
80 Rock Slide
82 Sleep Talk
83 Natural Gift
87 Swagger
90 Substitute
H4 Strength
H6 Rock Smash
H8 Rock Climb
That Aerodactyl is EVIL.
I took out Trick Room for the simple reason that this thing shouldn't be able to bypass the only stat that we made to hamper it so easily. If you want to TR that bad, make a team out of it. False Swipe because I can see this thing flailing wildly to attack, but again not nessisary. I also took out Rain Dance because not every Pokemon gets it, why does this need it? Power Whip because it can hit with loose bandages and could be an option on a CB set. Got rid of Energy Ball and Giga Drain too. EQ is fine, what would you use it on though? Infernape and thats about it. You could also use Psychic, which i added but not many people will use it. Also, its redundant to have Brick Break as a level up AND a TM, so i put Arm Thrust in place of it. It makes sense with the art. Thats all that i can think of atm, feel free to flame it to hell.

On to the Ability. Sand Veil would make it immune to Sandstorm, as evidenced by Cacturne. Insomnia is...erm....overused. Same with Pressure. Rough Skin, Dry Skin, and Shed Skin don't exactly make sense with all of the Bandages, but then again, what does in this game? Now, looking through the list, Air Lock makes sense in a wierd way. I mean mummies are sealed in a tomb which is airtight. Klutz is also an option, because floating or not floating, if you were locked in a tomb for thousands of years, you wouldn't have much of a sense of direction. Also, Oblivious is another useless option that makes sense, because most mummies are quite oblivious to their surroundings. Last, Skill Link is solely for Arm Thrust to break subs.

Long, completely true rant.
:toast: I think that all members who posted art shouldn't be able to vote at all on them and only be able to defend criticism towards their or someone else's art, and only compliment other's art. Go Doug!

What about Intimidate, Poison Heal, Limber, and the uber broken ability know as Shadow Tag? LOL @ shadow tag suggestion
I thought I listed Shadow Tag? Guess not. I'll add Limber but don't want Intimidate because that only helps this. And it helps a lot. Like way too much. Multiply all TTar + Heracross calculations by 2/3 to see how good Intimidate is. Poison Heal is wierd, but does this really need 12% recovery per turn?

Edit:
And Air Lock. Air Lock actually fits a lot.

Why did I vote for the mummy? I thought it could pull off a defensive make better than the marionette. It looked better too.

To be completely honest, I really liked the djinn the best. I hope it's design gets to be chosen for something (even if it gets altered somehow).

I cannot say I agree with the possibility of No Guard on this Pokemon. For starters, it's typing gives it STAB to hit everything neutrally. Giving it No Guard seems like it would make it more powerful than it's meant to be.

Electrolevitate and the Grass attacks look out of place IMO. I get the idea of Giga Drain, however. I just happen to like Drain Punch better on it. It's looking a little too Fighting-centric based on the attacks it can learn.

I like the 3 Skins and Sand Veil for its abilities. I agree about Insomnia, that Rest (consequently Sleep Talk too) should be dropped if it becomes a viable option. Not too keen on Immunity, but I get the meaning behind giving it that ability. Synchronize seems too Psychic here. Perhaps, if the ability was copied and given a new name (Insomnia/Vital Spirit anyone?)...like someone had suggested some kind of Curse type name.

I thought I listed Shadow Tag? Guess not.
Didn't see on the list the first time, sorry. If Shadow Tag comes up, I can see this following the vote option for it: "Shadow Tag, Super Uber Crippled moveset that make it super useless will come with it. If you don't want that then don't vote for it"

don't want Intimidate because that only helps this. And it helps a lot. Like way too much. Multiply all TTar + Heracross calculations by 2/3 to see how good Intimidate is.
Okay...no Imtimidate on him/her/it then. Was just an suggestion.

Poison Heal is wierd, but does this really need 12% recovery per turn?

Need I say more?

Lol, I meant do we want it to have Leftovers x2? It's understandable on Breloom (especially since he wants an evo for much better than 60/60 defenses, such a good type, but so wasted), but on something with this much defense, it sounds like a lot.

Adn Shadow Tag is a lol option that isn't really going on the poll. Mean Look and Glare are enough (as is Wrap and Bind) of flavor so that we don't have Wobby 2.0.

No Guard is more Gibdo's having the uber ability to launch onto Link and then you can't block, I'm not sure how much I want to put that as an option.

Also, when I type Synchronize I am going to add a bit where we can change the name of it to something more mummyish if people want to.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What if we gave this a special ability that acts like grip claw, making its wrapping moves last for 5 turns every time (and maybe deal 1/8th damage instead of lame 1/16th). It'd be kind of Shadow Tag Lite, but it would neccesitate Wrap (that powerhouse) on a set.

You could call it Snare Trap or something.

Limber really shouldn't be an option. I mean... isn't that the exact opposite of what a mummy is? When I think limber, I think Spiderman. Bends and moves easily. Mummies are like... anti-limber.

As for Poison Heal, we don't need a tank with good defenses, bulk up, etc, to heal 12% hp a turn.

Shadow Tag... shouldn't be on anything that can actually put up a fight without it.

What if we gave this a special ability that acts like grip claw, making its wrapping moves last for 5 turns every time (and maybe deal 1/8th damage instead of lame 1/16th). It'd be kind of Shadow Tag Lite, but it would neccesitate Wrap (that powerhouse) on a set.

You could call it Snare Trap or something.

I was actually thinking of something like that. Skill Link is what I thought of, but that isn't enough justification. I believe we could get away with a signature move to go along with the ability. I feel like making this one stage, similar to Spiritomb, except more awesome.

Lol, I meant do we want it to have Leftovers x2? It's understandable on Breloom (especially since he wants an evo for much better than 60/60 defenses, such a good type, but so wasted), but on something with this much defense, it sounds like a lot.
Not officially not but we can alway say it was a poisonous mummy thus Poison Heal is justify.

Mushxinger?

And Shadow Tag is a lol option that isn't really going on the poll. Mean Look and Glare are enough (as is Wrap and Bind) of flavor so that we don't have Wobby 2.0.
Weak but understandable and okay, I'll drop the shadow tag suggestions for now.

No Guard is more Gibdo's having the uber ability to launch onto Link and then you can't block, I'm not sure how much I want to put that as an option.
Anything that make you think it's glomping you in a bay way shouldn't be on the option in the first place (I.E Shadow Tag xD)

Also, when I type Synchronize I am going to add a bit where we can change the name of it to something more mummyish if people want to.
"Soul Exchange"?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was actually thinking of something like that. Skill Link is what I thought of, but that isn't enough justification. I believe we could get away with a signature move to go along with the ability. I feel like making this one stage, similar to Spiritomb, except more awesome.
Shadowbind:
Power: 50
Acc: 90
Attributes: Physical, contact
Type: Ghost
Effect: Ensnares the opponent for 2-5 turns, dealing 1/8th damage per turn.

In other words it's a suped up Wrap with better acc and better per-turn damage. As cool as a Magma Storm clone would be, its a bit much. This doesn't need a 120 power Ghost move with an awesome secondary trapping effect.

It wouldn't be able to trap Bloss, but if we go with the ++ temporary trapping trait it will still have that, and we could bump the damage/turn down to 1/16th.

Can you have multiple "Wrap" moves active at a time? Like, Shadowbind and Wrap, dealing 1/8th or 3/16th a turn (depending on what Shadowbind could end up dealing), while ensuring the opponent can't switch out (wrap turn 1, shadowbind 2, etc wrap turn 6, shadowbind turn 7, dead).

Is there a precedent for anyone having a wrap combo? Tentacruel?

Can you have multiple "Wrap" moves active at a time? Like, Shadowbind and Wrap, dealing 1/8th or 3/16th a turn (depending on what Shadowbind could end up dealing), while ensuring the opponent can't switch out (wrap turn 1, shadowbind 2, etc wrap turn 6, shadowbind turn 7, dead).

Is there a precedent for anyone having a wrap combo? Tentacruel?
Clamperl gets Clamp and Whirlpool. Also, lolSmeargle, but I doubt that counts. They don't stack, the second one only gets the initial weak hit.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I must say, Doug's rant brought a tear to my eye. :(

Maybe it was the fact he called me his friend, but it just struck me. That was the reason I didn't really like voting in these polls, because my work was up and I didn't want to make an unfair bias. In the first one, I gave my vote to all the pieces falling behind, because I wanted them to have a shot in the race too. In the last one, I didn't vote at all because it was two of my pieces running and I felt that unfair enough. :(

This poll however, seeing how both the pieces are mine, I don't have to be totally neutral. I picked which design I liked the most and chose it, thus causing my other art piece to cry. (Sorry!)

Personally, I enjoyed all the designs submitted and despite the typing, the artists came up with some good designs. TaB pumped out several unique ones. I also liked Doug's Djinn, I was favoring it since he posted it and my mouth dropped.

One last thing I wanna point out;
I was very bummed when Cyzir didn't submit a design. :(

Can we make this mon unique, possibly? I mean, Syclant was cool, but it fitted the same old mold as every other pokemon.

Using an effect like Wormadam would be excellent. I was thinking: same typing for all, but a possibility of 3 different abilities, and the sprite would be coloured very slightly different for each one.

A Dry Skin Mummy: has yellow, quite sort of tanned skin.
A Rough Skin Mummy: has darker, almost grey skin.
A Shed Skin Mummy: has pure white, unblemished skin.

Each form could have very slightly different movesets, while remaining the same pokemon. That way, say, Rough Skin could have Shadow Sneak, Shed Skin Mach Punch, and Dry Skin Bullet Punch, and you have to have a certain ability paired with certain moves.

What ya think?
Interesting idea, and would allow for a Dry Skin ability while removing Rock Slide from it's moveset. The main problem though, is then he'd have to have a base form. Perhaps it could work like this:

Movesets are the same from 1-30 (or some arbitrary number), and then has a chance to "evolve" into another form depending on location.

Base Form: Shed Skin Mummy. If hits level 30 (or whatever number) on land outside, in normal weather, it stays in this form forever.

Sand Form: Dry Skin Mummy. If hits level 30 (or whatever number) outside, in a sandstorm or sunny day weather, it changes into this form forever.

RAW Form: Rough Skin Mummy. If hits levle 30 (or whatever number) inside, on the water, under the water, or outside in rainy weather, it changes into this form forever.

If we need a recovery move outside of Rest, we could look at "Heal Order". It's currently a Vespiqueen only move, but I keep thinking back to "The Mummy" with the Rock, and I seem to remember scarabs healing the mummy, so it could work.
I'm liking that response. Weather based evolution has been needed for a long time. Fog/Sunny Day would get Shed Skin, Sandstorm would get Dry Skin, and Rain/Hail would get Rough Skin, and each could have a very slightly different moveset. I'll alter the latest moveset now, to reflect the three way design I'm thinking of.

i looked at heal order too, but then this thing would absolutely be better than dusknoir. hyra suggested maybe moonlight, and that's ok i suppose...but then it should have sand veil as an ability, to help nerf it. auto-recovery = no good.

it needs NO auto recovery, will o wisp, nasty plot...it needs to remain a mostly physical poke with a few surprise special options. i don't even think it should get giga drain personally, but i understand the motivation for it. perhaps yawn or hypnosis...

also, highlighting the ones i dont like in this list, though i don't think anything is horribly out of place.
Dry Skin
Shed Skin
Rough Skin
Sand Veil
Insomnia
Immunity
Synchronize
No Guard (Gibdo trait)
Shadow Tag (j/k)

lol, basically i like the first suggestions, and not the later ones...they seem to fit better flavor wise...

How about the reverse of dry skin, something along the lines of
"Tattered Wrappings"
+.25 from water, Fire heals, + health in sun..ect...

And avoiding will-o-whisp I think is the thing to do. Just to further prove the differnces, and yet, It should gain some fire moves, fire punch, flare blitz, flame thrower/blast...

Mommy Mummy should come in two forms, Either "Scorching Desert Sun" or "Torrential Sandstorm" kinda mummy. Trick Room, seems to fit perfictly both in flavor and mechaicly, and the only recovery move it should get is moonlight (desert moon = huge)...

i think we're all getting mummies and zombies confused....mummies don't suck blood or eat hearts...not really....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)