CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 6b

What should our new Pokemon look like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well DougJustDoug, I think your rant was far ruder and more discourteous than anything anyone else has posted in this run of Create-A-Pokemon. If you wish to deprive artists of their right to voice opinions simply and solely because they've contributed, you might be better off drawing in Cuba. If you feel it is 'bad form' to voice your opinion about the artwork, that is fine, don't do so. Your caution and arrogance-cum-courtesy may get you points for diplomacy, but not for robust participation.

To even suggest such a thing to a fellow artist is so blatantly insulting, it is just incomprehensible to me.
We clearly hang out with very, very, very different crowds. Was it 'rude' to voice my opinions, or did you merely not like them? Having not meant any harm by them and expecting no less in return, I can only guess it is the latter.

I don't really know what more to say, I don't see the point of being as precious as you're being over a minor contest on some internet forums. Best luck, I guess, and a pity I'm offside with you (and it looks to remain the case). I am sorry if you felt "under attack" or that I was "politicking", however I cannot help but reserve and reiterate the opinions I expressed, they were genuine and legitimate. I merely made some remarks about some pictures, whereas you have gone so far as to spitefully attack two people on a very personal basis when, really, you needn't have.

I have to say though, as I did not mean to be rude, that I will watch I don't offend you and KoA in the future. I will not be criticising anything you do in future contest polls, if that is any comfort. I suppose I will have to apply the same standard across the board just in case, but it seems a shame when the opposite - open discussion including the artists with no intentional ill-will - is clearly preferable, even unto the polls.

Tea.

TeePee'd the Toilet Paper pokemon. This little creature is very mischievous and love to throw it's wrappings around unknowing creatures and/or people.
It's more about stealing their souls than anything else.
Thus is born a little ghost pokemon that enjoys wrapping itself playfully around other creatures only to steal their souls and devour them in the process. It should just coincidentally happen to look and behave like a toilet roll.

Found mainly in bathrooms, hiding in plain sight in the same way Voltorb emulates a pokeball. However, like Voltorb, when you touch it you get the shock of your life!

Thus is born a little ghost pokemon that enjoys wrapping itself playfully around other creatures only to steal their souls and devour them in the process. It should just coincidentally happen to look and behave like a toilet roll.

Found mainly in bathrooms, hiding in plain sight in the same way Voltorb emulates a pokeball. However, like Voltorb, when you touch it you get the shock of your life!
Ability: Soul Drain
Effect: Whenever a oppenent hits TeePee'd with a psyhical attack, user recover 25% from foe's max HP and foe's attack drop by one step.

What....it make some sense when you think about it.

this page is made of fail.

Anyway, Insomnia works really well. Dry Skin would just make it weak to fire, which I don't see as a bad thing. Shed Skin seems pretty damned good, almost too good... Sand veil is just there for the lulz right?

WoW, I hope will end up not happening...

Okay, I have enough abilities compiled to post the next thread. It's just going to take a while because I'm gonna drag up all the threads leading up to this so that people can see the work we put into it. Also, I have to get all the detailed ability descriptions.

Edit: Doug, could you respond to TaB in PM? I don't want this thread to become an artist war.

WOW MAN!
This marionette is totally absolutally maxmally 100%tally awesome!

And the mummy? C'mon, it's ugly, uncreative, strange and looks like random kid's cartoon drawings (cof cof scooby doo cof cof).

But scooby doo is nowhere near pokemon and I'm almost sure i've saw thousands of ugly mummies almost like that in scooby doo.

Well DougJustDoug, I think your rant was far ruder and more discourteous than anything anyone else has posted in this run of Create-A-Pokemon. If you wish to deprive artists of their right to voice opinions simply and solely because they've contributed, you might be better off drawing in Cuba. If you feel it is 'bad form' to voice your opinion about the artwork, that is fine, don't do so. Your caution and arrogance-cum-courtesy may get you points for diplomacy, but not for robust participation.

We clearly hang out with very, very, very different crowds. Was it 'rude' to voice my opinions, or did you merely not like them? Having not meant any harm by them and expecting no less in return, I can only guess it is the latter.

I don't really know what more to say, I don't see the point of being as precious as you're being over a minor contest on some internet forums. Best luck, I guess, and a pity I'm offside with you (and it looks to remain the case). I am sorry if you felt "under attack" or that I was "politicking", however I cannot help but reserve and reiterate the opinions I expressed, they were genuine and legitimate. I merely made some remarks about some pictures, whereas you have gone so far as to spitefully attack two people on a very personal basis when, really, you needn't have.

I have to say though, as I did not mean to be rude, that I will watch I don't offend you and KoA in the future. I will not be criticising anything you do in future contest polls, if that is any comfort. I suppose I will have to apply the same standard across the board just in case, but it seems a shame when the opposite - open discussion including the artists with no intentional ill-will - is clearly preferable, even unto the polls.

Tea.
What?

He's saying you have an area to post your negative opinions, it's called the art forum. When you do it in the actual poll thread it is seen as lobbying. Imagine going to an art contest and there are a bunch of competing artists standing in front of work that isn't theirs telling you why you shouldn't vote for it. That seems kind of messed up, right? Let the people choose for themselves, if you have an honest opinion, bring it up on another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)