Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could the staff of this site can tell wether a certain Pokemon belong to its respective tier?or example:Arceus is in Uber tier right?then how could they tell or what do they do to tell that Arceus must be in the Uber tier?answer plss...tnx!!!I saw a thread here in Ruby/Sapphire forums i saw the tier thread there and i saw Pokemons that belong in the Uber tier I think they add all of their stats and the sum of them is 650,600,500 and so on...the 650 sum is belonging in the Uber tier could this be the reason why they can tell wether a certain Pokemon should belong in respective tiers?????Im really confused about tiers. tnx!!!

How the "Plates" work? The description is quite vague.

Thunderbolt doesn't hit my Kingdra SE with the Splash Plate, wasn't he supposed to be pure water at the time?

Thunderbolt doesn't hit my Kingdra SE with the Splash Plate, wasn't he supposed to be pure water at the time?
Only on a Pokemon with the ability Multitype (i.e. Arceus) do the plates change the type of the Pokemon. On everything else, they just boost the power of a type of move 20%.

Ex.
If a Multitype Pokemon is holding the Splash Plate, it becomes a Water-type Pokemon.
If any other Pokemon is holding the Splash Plate, the power of its Water attacks increases by 20%.

The plates work like the "Silk Scarf" family of items, they boost attacks of the equipped type by 20%, the only reason why two sets of "Silk Scarf" items exist is because of Judgment and Arceus. I say judgment as a reason, because one COULD (not exactly the best idea) equip a smeargle with a plate and use judgment as a move of that type. Not a great idea, but again to show why it was implemented. On a related note, the two orbs for Palkia and Dialga work just the same as the plates/silk scarf's, just for two different types.

I use silk scarf as my analogy since there is no "Normal" plate, and It is how I refer to the rest of that family of items (black glasses, black belt, ect)

Also, kingdra is dragon water, and T-bolt hits him for neutral damage.

p102506 said:
How could the staff of this site can tell wether a certain Pokemon belong to its respective tier?or example:Arceus is in Uber tier right?then how could they tell or what do they do to tell that Arceus must be in the Uber tier?answer plss...tnx!!!I saw a thread here in Ruby/Sapphire forums i saw the tier thread there and i saw Pokemons that belong in the Uber tier I think they add all of their stats and the sum of them is 650, 600, 500 and so on...the 650 sum is belonging in the Uber tier could this be the reason why they can tell wether a certain Pokemon should belong in respective tiers?????Im really confused about tiers. tnx!!!
This is a site for competitive Pokémon battling. Since in the game there are very few rules and regulations set up, the smogon community, along with other communities that had added to here and there, created a rule structure that would rank different Pokémon at different power levels in an effort to be fair and make a balanced game. A lot of this was done by looking at relative power, combined base stat scores, move pools, and weaknesses.
A lot of trial and error went into this, and as a result we now have an interesting set of rules that still allows for a competitive skill based game.

With that being said a word to Arceus. Arceus is the definition of uber, with absolutely insane base stat distribution (120’s in every stat), an extensive move pool, and your choice of weaknesses; it was unquestionably unbalanced for normal play.

Something becomes uber if it just is too unfair in the normal environment. Many people make the claim that Garchomp and Tyranatar unbalance the format in the OU environment; however they still seem to be kept in check by everything else.

Consider manaphy for a moment. One of the cute legends with 100’s straight across the board. Some cute legends are OU (Jirachi, Celibi, and even shaymin) and yet Manaphy can sneak into ubers. It’s move pool, while shallow, offers enough coverage to hit everything, its ability gives it the ability to, with proper setup, gain full rest without sleep, and tail glow to get its power out of control quickly. Is this unbeatable? No…would it be fair in the OU environment? No. In the uber environment? It is quite strong, is quite beatable, and still seems fair.

Is using the fast egg hatch cheat still considered legit in the community because I just got it and was wondering if I should use it for my next Breeding Project.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is a minor point, but the Plate items also have 90 Base Power when you chuck them at an opponent with Fling, which is quite high relatively speaking.

EDIT:
Nope, not what I'm looking for. I want to know everything that affects the Speed stat such as paralysis and Iron Ball and the order in which they are applied. Yes, it may only be important for the Gyro Ball formula in my damage calculator, but I am otherwise curious and don't know where to find it.
I believe that the only modifiers to Speed are levels of Speed (from Agility, Scary Face, etc.), items (Iron Ball, Choice Scarf, etc.), Tailwind, ability (Chlorohyll, Unburden, etc.), and paralysis. Since they are all multipliers, the order is unimportant except for rounding purposes. If you really want to know the order for rounding, you may have to do the research yourself.

This is a minor point, but the Plate items also have 90 Base Power when you chuck them at an opponent with Fling, which is quite high relatively speaking.
NEAT!

That one, did not know at all, though fling is a weird odd little move in and of itself.

=============================================
My question:

I'm working on a metal themed team (not mono at least), and I am having a few issues working out the kinks, so not completely Earthquake or Fire DESTROYED.

Thus far my breif outline is:
metagross - Agility-Gross
Jirachi - Doom Desire Stall
Heatran - Scarf Tran?
Arggon - ?
Tyranatar - T-Boah?
Garchomp - Scarf-Chomp (IHO the best chomp build)

Theory:
I want to set up a sandstorm with Tyranatar for some nice damage going in the background, and get an Arggon with a sp.def boost going, and then let him have his fun.

I've used bronzong extensively, so if I adopt one for this team, it will likely be more the support role, than the self sustaining sweeper (my personal favorite). Other steel men I could recruit include Lucario, Magnazone, Fortress, Registeel, Empoleon, or Scizor.

Sandstorm Arggon is my centerpiece, with a fine touch of metagross and jirachi for fun on a bun...I just would like some input to better refine this from rough draft stage, IE. Why it isn't in the RMT thread.

I believe that the only modifiers to Speed are levels of Speed (from Agility, Scary Face, etc.), items (Iron Ball, Choice Scarf, etc.), Tailwind, ability (Chlorohyll, Unburden, etc.), and paralysis. Since they are all multipliers, the order is unimportant except for rounding purposes. If you really want to know the order for rounding, you may have to do the research yourself.
That makes sense, but I was afraid of that. I'm in no position to do much of any kind of testing that hasn't been done.

Well, it's only for the Gyro Ball formula and most of the time it won't matter. So, I guess I'll go off some assumptions and finish it. As far as I'm concerned, considering how the damage formula works, this is how I'm going to order them in my damage calculator:

Stage Modifier -> Ability Modifier -> Item Modifier -> Paralysis -> Tailwind
(Here's the rationale:

Attack and Defense stats are calculated with the first three in that order. Burn follows the Attack and Defense stats. Several move modifiers follow Burn. Mod2 has item modifiers (Life Orb/Metronome) ahead of the move modifier (Me First).)

Does anyone know anything to the contrary?

Seeing as I hate Explosion on Scarftran, what move should I use instead?
I'm running Fire Blast as the Fire move, and HP Electric is not an option because I run HP Ice to OHKO the dragons.

Will-o-Wisp perhaps?

Will a Pokemon's stats, abilities, natures, etc. change when you SR the game after it hatched?
As far as I remember, the Pokemon's ability, nature, and sex are set once the day care man gets an egg for you. So, if you save after the day care man gets and egg but before taking the egg, then soft reset, those mentioned above will stay set, while the IVs will change.

Is it possible to get a bold wish bliss?
Yeah sure, they're just really rare.

Is using the fast egg hatch cheat still considered legit in the community because I just got it and was wondering if I should use it for my next Breeding Project.
Most people see it as ok. In fact there are very few people that are 100% against using it. Just ask the person you are doing the project for to make sure it's ok with them.

Most people see it as ok. In fact there are very few people that are 100% against using it. Just ask the person you are doing the project for to make sure it's ok with them.
I'm doing it for myself in the first place but I wanted to know if it would really cut back on possible trades. But I guess I'll be fine using it thanks.

When you look at your trainer card, what does the score represent? What do you have to do to increase it? And what is the max score?

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Blue Card #1

Beat the Elite 4

---

Bronze Card #2

Defeat Master Rank in all contest catagories

---

Silver Card #3

Capture the flag MiniGame undergroundm completing it...

---

Gold Card #4

When you have caught 482 Pokemon, which does not unclude; Ho oh, Lugia, Mew Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus.

---

Black Card #5

Getting 100 consecutive wins in the Battle Tower.

Blissey used Protect.
Blissey protected itself!
Metagross used Meteor Mash.
Blissey protected itself!
The wish came true!
Blissey restored 50% of its health.
Blissey's leftovers restored its health a little!
Blissey restored 6% of its health.
Metagross used Meteor Mash.
Blissey lost 74% of its health.
Metagross lost 1% of its health.
Metagross fainted.
Blissey used Seismic Toss.
But there was no target!
--- switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ♀).
Pointed stones dug into Gliscor.
Gliscor lost 12% of its health.
Blissey used Protect.
But it failed!
Gliscor used Earthquake.
Blissey lost 29% of its health.
Gliscor's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gliscor restored 6% of its health.

Noting the bold text above, is that supposed to happen? It looks like since Seismic Toss failed, the Protect counter did not advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)