Ability: Blaze
EV's: 252Sp.Atk, 208Spe, 48Atk
~ Overheat
~ Close Combat
~ Hidden Power Electric
~ Grass Knot

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
my favorite lead is currently
Roserade @ Choice Scarf
Timid, 252 Speed/ 252 SpAtk/ 4 HP
Hidden Power [Fire]
Sleep Powder
Leaf Storm
Sludge Bomb
or

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold 252 HP/ enough speed to beat Jolly TTar/ Rest Defense
U Turn
Hidden Power Ice
Roost
Thunderbolt

I just like it.

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Avalanche
- Earthquake

Bulky waters... takes so many Garchomps/gryas by surprise...

Gengar(M) @ Expert Belt
Timid@ 4/0/0/252/0/252
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice/Energy Ball

I use Gengar as my lead on my usual team because I can hit most of the OU metagame super-effective thanks to the fact that GHO/FTG/ICE/ELTC hits 12 types for super-effective. Blissey can pose a problem to this Gengar, but I can see that coming from a mile away.

P.S: I sometimes use Energy Ball on him if my team is having trouble countering Swampert.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bronzong wins it for me!

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/156 Atk/8 Def/92 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis

Any form of Bronzong that has Hypnosis, Stealth Rock, and Explosion creates a remarkable advantage. Here's what you do: sleep one of their Pokemon (which makes them pretty useless), then set up Stealth Rock for additional support which will give your sweepers an edge when on the offensive, and finally, finishing of with an Explosion on what hopefully is not the Pokemon you put to sleep. All of this can be achieved within 3 turns (preferably starting from turn 1), which will have you facing off against only 4 of their Pokemon that can be used effectively (because the Pokemon that they have sleeping is practically useless) and there's Stealth Rock for them to take into consideration when trying to defend your Lucario, Gyarados, Garchomp or any other Pokemon that's a threat to one's team.

This Pokemon is the main reason why I use the teams I have.

I've been using Lum Berry Porygon2 literally since D/P came out. The influx of Tyrannitar, most notable Tyranniboah, as leads have rendered it much less effective. Because of this, its been hard to find a suitable replacement. I'm currently using this:
Aerodactyl@Focus Sash
6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Ice Fang/Fire Fang/Crunch
-Stealth Rock

Its guaranteed to get Stealth Rocks out. Ice Fang hits the dragons and Gliscor, Fire Fang is most notably for Forretress who otherwise sees Aerodactyl as setup fodder, and Crunch is for the psychics and ghosts, must notably Cresselia, Gengar, and Dusknoir. I still prefer Pory2 due to its general awesomeness though. ;)

Also in UU I love using this guy... he can be quite effective in OU too, but he is usually a waste of a team slot there... Credit for this set goes to Bologo

Kecleon @Leftovers
-Magic Coat
-Snatch
-Sucker Punch
-Focus Punch

Sleep leads tremble to this when their status is reflected right back at them. Snatch steals recovery moves, stat up moves, and my favorite thing to steal, substitute.

Focus Punch deals some nice damage, and sucker punch can get you out of a pinch.
Ugh. I fought this lead in OU and its annoying. Until you figure out the gimmick it can fight a bigger "scarier" pokemon to a stand still.

I've used as leads Life Orb/Explosion/Gengar to knock out several popular leads, Hypnosis/Taunt/Air Slash/U-Turn Crobat with Wide Lense for fast Hypnosis, Breloom countering, and Taunting (Always fun).

Lately I'm using Leaf Storm/Earthquake/Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder Venusaur with Choice Scarf. It literally shocks the heck out of folks.

Honestly just use Gengar:
Timid @ Leftovers
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hypnosis
- Substitute

Fast to stop most set ups by the oppenent by sleep to give me more time before they set up SR spikes / toxic spikes. Substitute on swaps that are obvious to scout, as well to see If I need to waste a move on blissey. The fast sleep is what is tempting.

I use Jolteon as my lead in about 90% of all my teams.

Timid@Leftovers
252 SpA/Spe
-HP Ice
-T-Bolt
-Sub
-Baton Pass

Jolteon is just my favorite pokemon. ever. I use him as a lead regardless of how the metagame shifts. Sometimes he works wonders, sometimes he gets pwned, but I use him regardless.

Sometimes I used:

Modest@Scarf
-T-Bolt
-HP Ice
-Shadow Ball
-Baton Pass

It caught a lot of people off guard, especially scarf-gars, but I hate limiting my favorite pokemon of all time to one move at a time.

Is this like the 5th time i've seen this thread...
My favorite lead is the one that suits my team best.
Then imagine how many those who have been here since D/P was still new in Japan have seen. Yet they don't bitch about it.

Screw you all, I use Perish Trapping Gengar. Works wonders on walls that don't have roar/WW and opens the gate for sweeps with my other mans. Also can fuck anything over with Hypnosis. I seriously haven't played a single battle in which my PT Gengar hasn't come in handy for something major.

A bulky gyrados with taunt

Gyrados @ lum berry
Waterfall/Ice fang
Dragon Dance
EQ/Stone Edge
Taunt

Cant remember the EV spread because it was very complicated how i did it lol but it works against anything that thinks it can wall it..or try to will o wisp/thunder wave/hypnosis it and after a DDance or two it OHKOs it starts to live up to it's repuation..

My current lead of choice is SRDactyl. Sets up free SR, and usually still gets a KO.

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers / Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Hp / 6 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Eq
- Stone Edge

i use gengar. he deserves the spot as # 1.
i use a different MS than most though.
Gengar @ wide lens
252 SpA, 252 Spd 4 HP
Hypnosis
HP Ice
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast

it works extremely well since everyone expects shadow ball, so i always save one move for surprise kills. eg, ill thunderbolt and focus blast, they assume that im not carrying HP ice but shadow ball, they send out any dragon (not kingdra), and then said dragon dies from HP ice. its really good. ive gotten 3 kills in 3 turns once since their start was salamence, easy OHKO with HP ice, then they switch to lucario, who was OHKOed by
focus blast, then they assume no shadow ball and bring in gyarados who got died from thunder bolt. it is fun. plus hypnosis and wide lens allows him to take on blissey. FB is a reliable 4hko(lol). it works though.

My Aerodactyl beats all of yours:

Aerodactyl@ Focus Sash
Jolly
252 Spd/252 Atk/4 Hp
Rock Head/Pressure
~Stone Edge
~Stealth Rock
~Taunt
~Pursuit

Takes care of all major leads. Except the rare Spiritomb.

My favorite(s) are: Gengar, Bronzong, Salamance, and Cresselia:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
96 HP/252 SpAtk/The rest in speed

Ice Beam
Psychic
Calm Mind
Moonlight

Togehax
Unsuspecting players get destroyed. Knowing players will switch out to a coutner/wall so I can see scout alittle.

I have three favourite leads:

Medicham @ChoiceScarf
Nature: Jolly
252Atk 252Speed 6HP
ThunderPunch
IcePunch
Brick Break
Psychocut
>>> Standart, but very strong, because it is outspeeding many other leads.

Ninjask @ChoiceBand
Nature: Adamant
252Atk 252Speed 6HP
X-Scissor
U-Turn
Nightslash
Aerial Ace
>>> I tried it out and was surprised of his power. It KO´s Gengar and Weavile very fast, hits Tyranitar very hard and can run away from things that are to strong. Very cool^^

And last but not least:

Aerodactyl @LifeOrb/ExpertBelt
Nature: Adamant
252Atk 252Speed 6HP
Aerial Ace/StoneEdge
Earthquake
IceFang
ThunderFang
>>> This one is not affected by annoying ChoiceItems and hits most of all Pokemon hard, so that´s Expertbelt could be used.

Then imagine how many those who have been here since D/P was still new in Japan have seen. Yet they don't bitch about it.
How was I bitching. I was just saying I've seen this thread before... People say that about a lot of re-made threads. And my answer was honest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)