Do you wear glasses or contacts?

I tend to wear my contacts more during football season and track season. They're easier to perform more things and they don't always distract me. I wear glasses once wrestling season hits though. Contacts really bug my eyes during a match, espicially when the other guy likes to hit your face.

I really don't like wearing either one though. Glasses bug my nose and make it hard to lay my head down and stuff. Contacts iritate my eyes and not being able to sleep with them in really sucks. I'm all with you Vidd. Laser eye surgery ftw.

I wear contacts during the day, glasses by night!
Kinda like an eye superhero.
And gosh darn, my eyesight is horrible.
Product of reading too much... :nerd:

Yes, I ignore it if I'm having fun, it's not like my eyes hurt or anything, but I remove them when possible (ie. when alone at home).

Wow, not one person here who doesn't need glasses?

I probably should be wearing glasses, but I am resourceful enough to make due without them (i.e. sit in front of class) and usually there aren't many things that I need to read from afar.

Might have to get them when I get my license though.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Glasses since 4th grade and contacts since 8th. My mom has extremely bad vision (she's close to being legally blind) and astigmatism a so I blame my eye problems on her. I was so grateful to get contacts at 13 since it made playing soccer way better and I wasn't always worried about breaking my glasses. Once I got contacts I never wore my glasses until about 3 months ago. I like the new pair I just got and now that the prescription actually matches again it's not an issue for me to wear them. Now I kind of rotate between the two.. when I have class/go out/etc I still use contacts but when I'm around the house I'll usually just wear my glasses.

I'm not really sure how anyone can call using contacts a "chore." It literally takes me less than two minutes out of my whole day.. about 30 seconds tops for putting them in and the other minute and 30 seconds to wash my hands, take them out and clean. I put my contacts in directly after getting out of the shower so my hands are still clean. It's such an ingrained habit like brushing my teeth or putting on deodorant that I think nothing of it.

Glasses since 3rd grade, contacts since 10th. I basically went for a makeover, since I looked absolutely like this :nerd: plus the beginning of a mullet. I actually cried when I found pictures of myself from freshman year in one of the photo albums at my graduation party. Ever felt like going back in time just to kick your own ass?

Ever since, I wear contacts 24/7. I can't stand having ultra-blurred peripheral vision, and it drives me nuts when they slide down the bridge of my nose.

Glasses since the 4th grade. I didn't even know I needed them. I lied and played a prank on my dad and told him I needed glasses, I wasn't serious but he decided to take me to go get checked out. That's when I found out I needed them. >.> I think the real reason I needed them is because when I was 3 years old, I accidentally got gasoline into my eyes (Painful experience Btw). Moral of the story, Don't Lie, lol.

I don't wear contacts but I hope to get some before I start school in September.

Yes, because often I have problems seeing from far away, but sometimes I feel like a nerd when wearing them, and I don't use them when recording.

I have really fucked up eyes. Like really, really fucked up eyes. I have a disease or disorder or whatever called keratoconus which pretty means I have messed up corneas. I can't wear glasses because they just can't make glasses that can cure my vision. I also can't wear regular contacts for the same reason so I wear hard contacts, which are exactly what they sound like, and really, really suck.

So yeah I don't really wear them all that much, I just generally get by with bad vision most of the time, which actually works out alright because one of my eyes is actually halfway decent, whereas the other one I'm pretty much blind, as in I can't count fingers more than about 8 inches away. I've gotten pretty used to getting by not being able to see too well. and it has its perks, like qualifying for extra time on the SATs as a disability lol, and I can always just use my shitty contacts if i really need to.

Anyways, because my eye sight is progressively getting worse pretty quickly and theyre afraid sometime soon they just won;t be able to make contacts that work for me, eventually I'm most likely going to have to have cornea transplants but thats most likely a long way away from now, like 5+ years so I'm not too concerned with that atm.

So yeah as of now I'm not really wearing contacts, I just squint alot.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Found out I had to wear glasses in 4th grade and I didn't try contacts until this past summer (at 19). They're really awesome. I'm lazy with them though. The last pair I wore for a month straight without taking them out once and they're 2 week contacts that are supposed to come out every night :/

I'm not really sure how anyone can call using contacts a "chore."
It's just sometimes when I'm really tired I'm irritated by the fact that I have to take them out before sleeping. It's no different from brushing your teeth, I suppose. It's when they go in and sting in the morning that really, really bugs me so I'm constantly washing my hands and cleaning the lens.

I read in a newspaper one day that there is no proper difference between contacts that differentiates them as fortnightly or monthly (and this has apparently been the basis of at least one lawsuit) but I try to be good about keeping track of pairs as I wear them.

I've had glasses since 3rd grade. I have naturally horrible eyesight, everyone in my dad's family does. I've never worn contacts, and probably won't, because there really aren't contacts strong enough. I could conceivably have both glasses and contacts, but that's just twice the hassle. My vision practically forces me to go get laser surgery some time in the future, since it's just going to keep deteriorating. But even after that I probably still have to get glasses, just not as thick. I can't recognize things like a foot away, and can't read anything further than about four inches. Glasses aren't really a bother to me though, everyone I know and who knows me has known me with glasses for so long that without them I'd be completely strange. I don't know if my vision is due to a disease or disorder; I never had them checked.

I got glasses in 6th grade, but then switched to contacts in 8th, and its a lot better. As a side note, I look TERRIBLE in glasses. But they are a pain to remove/put on. I'n not onld enough for Laser Eye but I will get it done once i'm 22, I think. You have to do it when you're done growing, or the eyes will grow back into thier bad state.

I got glasses when I was about five. I hadn't realized how horrible my eyesight was, so when I got glasses I was like, "WOAH WTH COLORS?!?"...since then I've noticed that I can't read anything farther than three inches away. It's quite bad.

I wear contacts now, but I kinda wish I hadn't broken my glasses--they're a lazy person's best friend. Probably gonna get Lasik when I'm old enough and we have enough money to spare, so I don't have to worry about my eyes again.

I got glasses in the fifth grade and im a senior in high school now... but when I started to play sports I got contacts and I've been wearing them every day since.

The quest for a comfortable pair that is covered by my insurance seems a lost cause

I have somewhat bad vision, like 20/35 in left and 20/40 in right. I don't wear glasses/contacts though. I've tried on this one pair of "miracle" glasses that basically makes anyone's eyesight better than it is, (I'm not sure how)

I was AMAZED at how many details I've been missing, so many people have little acne spots on their face that I never knew about...glasses can make some things look gross.

I'm nearsighted but only use my glasses when I'm watching something cool on TV, playing with my Wii, viewing scenery, going to the movies, or have to see something on the board in class. Obviously, those are only the ones that come to mind right now. I don't use them too much, but I'm noticing that I've slowly been using them more and more.

I've had glasses since 2nd grade and contacts since 3rd so its been a good 10 or so years with aided vision. Needless to say, I'm an active person so I only wear my glasses at night. I hate them both but I'm not sure if I could get lasic or not. It would be amazing to not have to worry about it anymore, but they say that if you move your eye during the surgery(you're wide awake) that you have higher chances of going blind. I'd rather see blurred nothingness than nothing at all so I guess I'll keep wearing contacts. Apparently there is a different surgery that places a special contact, called intacts or something like that, underneath your cornea so that may be a better/safer option at least in my book.

I remeber getting glasses in 5th grade, and I hated them. The only time I ever wear them is when I drive or if the board at school is difficult to read. I'll probably end up wearing them more regularly or just getting contacts when I'm older.

I first got glasses in 3rd grade and wore them until 6th grade, when both my brother and I (he got glasses a few months after I did) tried contacts. I wear my contacts pretty much every day now, as does my brother. Also, I have the soft lenses so I'm only supposed to wear them for ~8 hours, but I always wear them for much longer. I only have problems if I accidently fall asleep with them in or wear them for too long. Also,

I'm not really sure how anyone can call using contacts a "chore." It literally takes me less than two minutes out of my whole day.. about 30 seconds tops for putting them in and the other minute and 30 seconds to wash my hands, take them out and clean. I put my contacts in directly after getting out of the shower so my hands are still clean. It's such an ingrained habit like brushing my teeth or putting on deodorant that I think nothing of it.
^ pretty much the same thing as me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)