Question about Lopunny/Bunerary egg moves...

So why would you want a lopunny? Lopunny sucks and is gimmicky?
Well I need one for my UU team. This thing messes up people who don't expect it to ko or put a huge dent in garchomp for when I use my UU team against OU.
Anyway

Here is want to eventually end up with.

Lopunny (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 26 HP/252 Atk/232 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Switcheroo
- Return
- Sky Uppercut

I'm still a bit confused about breeding and such so if someone could tell me exactly what i need to do to get this onto a male Lopunny.

That's helpful :naughty:...NOT! :) jk jk....

I already know i have to use smeargle.

So i breed one move onto a male smeargle and then breed it with a female smeargle to get a male another male smeargle that knows that move.... sketch another move, breed that one... same process for the last move and then breed with a female lopunny?

does that even work though? the problem is breeding compatibility... will the above situation work?

second of all i've never done a breeding with smeargle before... How do i get it to sketch the right move? Don't you have to be in a 2v2 battle? Where is the best place to do smeargle sketching?

Nah nah nah. You go into a double battle with a Smeargle and another Poke of yours that knows the move you want. Get Smeargle to Sketch that Poke, get Sketch back with a Heart Scale and repeat.

Nah nah nah. You go into a double battle with a Smeargle and another Poke of yours that knows the move you want. Get Smeargle to Sketch that Poke, get Sketch back with a Heart Scale and repeat.
oh okay so it's easiest to just double battle with a friend and have them stat boost or splash or something... or is there a place in game where it's convenient and repeatable?

I usually get smeargle moves with my own team members at the Doubles battle cafe next to Lake Valor. I personally think its the easiest there.

It won't keep the moves it gets during battle if it's against another person. It'll only work against in-game teams. So you'll have to find yourself a doubles battle somewhere that you can battle repeatedly without much hassle in order to Sketch the moves you're after. I'm sure there'll be a team in there that isn't of a very high level at all.

Once you've got that male Smeargle knowing all the moves, you can go from there to breeding the desired Lopunny.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I use the Double Battle underneath and slightly to the left of Solaceon in Route 205 (probably), the two little girls have a LV19 Mr. Mime and Bonsly that are relatively easy to get a Sketch off against even with a Lv.1 Smeargle (Lv. 11 won't be OHKOed by Bonsly's Low Kick I don't think, or at least I've never died at Lv. 11 when you get the second Sketch).

id think it would be easier to breed w/ a hitmonchan w/ ice punch/sky uppercut, until you get a female, then breed that with a male linoone w/ switcheroo.
return through level up

I use the Double Battle underneath and slightly to the left of Solaceon in Route 205 (probably), the two little girls have a LV19 Mr. Mime and Bonsly that are relatively easy to get a Sketch off against even with a Lv.1 Smeargle (Lv. 11 won't be OHKOed by Bonsly's Low Kick I don't think, or at least I've never died at Lv. 11 when you get the second Sketch).
THANK YOU Thanks for all the tips everyone. Edit: Route 209 BTW I might consider the other breeding way too thanks for the tips.

id think it would be easier to breed w/ a hitmonchan w/ ice punch/sky uppercut, until you get a female, then breed that with a male linoone w/ switcheroo.
return through level up
Only males pass on the moves, so after that you'd have the lopunny with IP/SU and a separate buneary with just switcheroo.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
You can Sketch all the moves you need at L1 if needs be, just use a Heart Scale after learning a move with Sketch. Helpful if you have a higher level Smeargle, low level ones can easily reach L11 or L21 within a few battles.

Okay thanks I got my Buneary with those moves... now to get one with cute charm...

Smeargle was way faster as I so happened to have a blaziken I had inherited from the used copy of emerald. And i had had linoone for pickup and thieving.
BTW i don't know how many levels this takes but smeargle relearns sketch in the daycare center. So if don't have the patience to find heart scales for smeargle pop him in the daycare center after sketching a move and go do something else.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is a little off topic but it is in your best interests to port items over from RSFRLGE, especially Emerald thanks to the cloning glitch, pretty regularly, and Heart Scales are in the top five or ten on that list. Rare Candies have got to be #1, with PP Maxes, select TMs that aren't in abundance in DP, Masterballs, and Heart Scales being at the top of that list as well.

This is a little off topic but it is in your best interests to port items over from RSFRLGE, especially Emerald thanks to the cloning glitch, pretty regularly, and Heart Scales are in the top five or ten on that list. Rare Candies have got to be #1, with PP Maxes, select TMs that aren't in abundance in DP, Masterballs, and Heart Scales being at the top of that list as well.
Yeah I already reset it though :( so it's going to take me a while for me to get stuff. I am aware of it though thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)