Now Playing 2: The Return of Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulls On Parade - Rage Against The Machine

I love playing this one on Guitar Hero III, Tom Morello is amazing. I'm happy they reunited not so long ago.

Quo Vadis - Dead Man's Diary

Death metal isn't really my kind of music, but this band is impressive. I LOVE the brutal/romantic feeling combination, which really shows in two parts: near the beginning of the song, with spoken word and whispers accompanied by the enormous instrumentation, and the "chorus". The bass especially stands out. I also like the vocals, not as low as usual death metal, you can even understand the lyrics!

This band being so good is such a nice surprise

http://www.myspace.com/quovadis1 last track on the playlist

Nobuo Uematsu - Yuna's Theme

Haha, I feel like such a nerd for listening to the FFX soundtrack, but I don't care because it's awesome. I really like the melody, and I'm pretty sure the main instrument outside of piano is the harmonica. Whatever that instrument is I really like it.

Sparta- Most Vicious Crime

Just recently got into this band, and I love their stuff, this song in particular. Love the dark and eerie lyrics and background music in the intro, and then how it just explodes into chaos about halfway through, then calms back down near the end.

Sparta- Most Vicious Crime

Just recently got into this band, and I love their stuff, this song in particular. Love the dark and eerie lyrics and background music in the intro, and then how it just explodes into chaos about halfway through, then calms back down near the end.
Sparta is outstanding. Good to see someone getting into them.

Glassjaw - Tewt

Speaking of bands to get into... Glassjaw is a great post-hardcore band and I quite enjoy listening to most of their production. Not too rough but harder than most of the post-hardcore bands I listen to.

Kelis - In Public

Don't try to run from me
I'll make your toes curl up and make your body scream
Come take a walk with me
We can do it over there by all the trees

Sexy song, and the beat is really good... There is just something about Kelis' voice that is really unique, and I really like it.

My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade

This song is fucking amazing, I am never insulting this band again (just its members, since they are still total (BAN ME PLEASE)s). Any song that uses both marching beats, a sweet and drippy piano introduction, and grand sweeping notes through the whole song can count itself in with me!

Echo, I have a Haste the Day shirt!! I think I had a second, but I just remembered now thinking about it that I gave it to some girlfriend...I cannot remember why she wanted it, since it was two sizes too large, but she was super excited so I gave it to her!

np: AU - RR vs. D

Experimental/ambient/freak folk group, for the most part. So far this is the most unique song of their new album [verbs], and I can't help but feel like they're channeling a circus. Seems like this is going to be one of the better '08 releases when all is said and done

Testament - More Than Meets The Eye

Good track of their new album, fast thrash with good drumming and chuck billy vocals = worth a listen if you're into metal.

Visionaries - L.A Fresh

This has got to be one of the best song that these guys took out 2mex and LMNO get down in this song the beat is amazing as well, a mixture of scartching, a harp and im assuming are drums but just prabobly a sound effect made in a studio.

Echo, I have a Haste the Day shirt!! I think I had a second, but I just remembered now thinking about it that I gave it to some girlfriend...I cannot remember why she wanted it, since it was two sizes too large, but she was super excited so I gave it to her!
You, you're awesome. Except for the fact that you gave it away because for a band shirt, which is a pretty nice one.

Amplifier - One Great Summer

One great band, which I definitely should listen more to.

Converge - Distance and Meaning

Holy shit. This band is insane. It starts with a pretty cool riff and gradually gets better and better. The drumming is crazy too, although so is pretty much everything about them.

Animal Collective - Flesh Canoe

Their sound is good and I hear a new album will be out later.

Interpol is making a new album too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I think it will release next year or something.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Suicidal Tendencies - You Can't Bring Me Down

The song that got me into ST, and still one of my favourites. Such a feel-good song. The vocals are even more awesome than usual.

Fear - Sevendust

How has Sevendust been around for over 10 years and I STILL bump into people who have heard them but dont know who they are. That's made of fail.

Maximillion - Hey Fat Boy

<_< I don't think this song has a meaning at all, well, maybe that everyone loves fat boys... But, it is so goddamn catchy and fun to listen to. The synthesizer (or something else?) during the chorus is very memorable and amazing. 8D

(Stupid iTunes changing my musics...)

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
daft punk - harder, better, faster, stronger.
Been addicted to Daft Punk recently and this is just a song I can't get over (f kanye).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)