CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 11 (Name Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarenji

leaf-faced
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The issue I have with a lot of these is that they don't sound like Pokémon. That said, here are some of my own suggestions:
Barkcano: Bark + Volcano
Smolcano: Smolder + Volcano
Sapcano: Sap + Volcano
EDIT2: and Blastbark: Blast + Bark

The "cano" suffix also hints at "cannon".

EDIT: I like Fizard.

GT, I have to say that I pity you if you're going to go through all the names and pick 10. When I was TL in the first CaP, I think there were only 10 names submitted.

Anyway, I posted this a few threads ago, but I'm submitting Fizard. Fire + Lizard, both which Woodman actually is. It also fits the pun thing Nintendo has going on, and isn't difficult to pronounce at all.
I like Fizard because it's a lizard and now it might be a wizard and vizard :D
Personally, I do like the name Fizard

Forzard - Foliage and lizard, but seems more like forest... The zard seems overused, though.
Florauna - A plantlike animal, and the -ana ending brings a connection to an iguana.
Coketile - Coke is basically a better coal (... Yup, have no clue) and reptile, and similarly,
Coletile
Ashentile
- Ash as well as reptile
Skash - Skink and ash. For the skink fans.
And that's all I got.

EDIT: Cindermander - cinder and salamander, not too hard to see. I actually like this one somewhat.

Pyroak is likable, but the only beef I have with it is that is sounds too much like a general name that would be able to go with any fire/grass we could have designed. I feel like the name should be able to distinguish this pokemon more so than just "its a fire/grass-type".

EDIT: First Mariguana, now Coketile, anymore drug references, anyone?

I don't think names with Lava in it quite fit with this guy, I think it should relate to fire rather than lava, even because lava is actually molten rock so... yeah I don't really think it fits.

My contribution will be Timberex (Timber+Rex)

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
too many vowels. try something like Blastalisk. Rolls off the tongue easier.

Alright then. Taking Hyra's advice, I'll go with Blastalisk.

The current names I have submitted are as follows:

Solmineux

Hyotetsu

Blastalisk

I don't think names with Lava in it quite fit with this guy, I think it should relate to fire rather than lava, even because lava is actually molten rock so... yeah I don't really think it fits.

My contribution will be Timberex (Timber+Rex)
I kinda like that one.

GT, I have to say that I pity you if you're going to go through all the names and pick 10. When I was TL in the first CaP, I think there were only 10 names submitted.
Actually I already got a decent amount of name in mind. Mostly just here to see if others can come up with more witty names.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
I'm going to reassert that Komandre is an amazing name! It's a simpler form of DK's name that removes a vowel (and consonance for appeal) so it is not entirely relative to "commander," which "Kommandare" sounded too much like.

Here are my favorite names so far:

Carboneous
*cough*Pyrodo
Valcanus*cough* (Can't like my own names?)
Florauna

OK, my names for this guy

Canomitor: Cannon + Monitor (Lizard)
Morredwood: Mortar + Redwood
Ignyrest: Ignite + Forest
Repblaster: Reptile + Blaster

I'll think of more names later, but I'm liking Canomitor and Repblaster atm.

I think that a form of Bruler could be a good idea. It means "to burn" in French. A creative conjugation like Brulera could be cool, for "it will burn." It also sounds a bit like burn, to begin with.

Another one is Feuzard. "Feu" means "fire" in French, with the "zard" of lizard attached.

Enferno could be good, as it is simply "Inferno" in French. In actuality, it's "Enfer," but the "no" at the end Americanizes it.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Best of Deck Knight:

Pyroak

Oakannon

Koalmodo

Coalizard

Joke name:

(BAN ME PLEASE)are (Bundle of sticks + Flare).

Bomboard- Bombard + Board

Birmba- bomb + birch

Pyropress- pyro + cypress

Lumburst- lumber + burst

Timbash- timber + bash

Flank- flak = plank

Edit: Cypyress- cypress + pyro

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Pyroak is still my fave. It's simple, easy to pronounce, and perfectly combines fire with a big tough tree. We've been calling this thing Woodman; it's only appropriate that we give it a name that evokes "wood-ness".

Pyroak ftw.

Brainstorm. Probably copied ideas already done but w/e.

Volcanoak. Volcano oak.
Blastine. blast vine
Burnoot. burn root
Herblast. herb blast

I suggest Phlogidon or Phlogisaur.
Phlogiston was the 5th "Element" back when scientists thought there was just Air, Water, Earth and Fire. According to a French scientist, it had to do with a mouse being able to survive in a glass jar (with no holes) if there was a plant in it. So, Phlogiston is basically Oxygen reacting with other things, such as rusting metal. Fire needs oxygen to live, and plants give off oxygen. The -don or -saur is there for reference to a dinosaur or lizard.
I like this! But what if you took lizard at the end, like Phlogizard :D

I like Elagun or Elagunner in honor of Elagune, the designer.

Elagune + gun/gunner :]
I like that idea, but honestly I think it's not fair to the rest of the community. What I worked on was only a small part, and not even the most important aspect of it either.

But thanks for the suggestion; I'm touched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)