UFOs!!!!! Secret Files Released!!!!!

UFO does not = Alien, but when you see an unknown looking aircraft that defies the way our man made aircrafts move and it is obviously an aircraft then there is nothing else to explain it really.
Just because extra terrestrial life makes sence, doesn't make it the right, best or even logical answer, its just what we are conditioned to expect. If you showed a bunch of people these kind of files in Mexico ( one of the most Christian nations on earth ) then would think it is an act of God ( or UFO's to the intelligent ones). Some indigenous tribe would call UFO's the Chubacabra. For all we know Sweden has developed this shit as they sit up north in neutrality. Its all about what we are conditioned to expect, and with this we must think out side the box...

Well I'd want to say this in reference to comments about the Mexican people and UFO's...

July 11th, 1991 during a black out in Mexico City, hundreds of thousands of Mexicans witnessed multiple UFO sitings.

This was seen by the majority of the city, was reported on by reputable reporters and yet, is still not talked much about.

I have to say most people do tend to treat things like this with a heaping dose of skepticism, but when seeing footage like this, backed up by real, legitimate eye witness accounts, you cannot outrightly deny that something is not out of the ordinary. I do agree that UFO does not imply extra-terrestrial, but some of what we are seeing goes beyond the realm of what humans can accomplish (to the publics knowledge).

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm more inclined to believe it's a government project than aliens. (again, can't watch the videos, no sound)

We seem to be taking a step towards "certain" though with the information that is coming out now.

I agree Obi that a UFO could undoubtedly be just a jet being tested and designed by a nation. Think about how fucking alien the United States Stealth jets would have looked in the 50's.

The more curios information to come out of this will be things that relate to physical evidence. Eye witness testimony is nice, but in one of the videos, a number of objects are clearly being tracked by a jet's targeting system. Or the radar recording of something traveling at whatever that ridiculous rate of speed was (said on the first page).

I almost rather it was UFOs then some completely useless and expensive government military project...ugh the arms/weapons industry makes me sick.

Just because extra terrestrial life makes sence, doesn't make it the right, best or even logical answer, its just what we are conditioned to expect. If you showed a bunch of people these kind of files in Mexico ( one of the most Christian nations on earth ) then would think it is an act of God ( or UFO's to the intelligent ones). Some indigenous tribe would call UFO's the Chubacabra.
Mexico is mostly Catholic in population. I have an uncle in Mexico who lives in a small town in the state of Jalisco and he has told my mom stories before about a park where the locals visit every now and then where they can actually see UFOs regularly.

They see amazing flying glowing objects in the sky above the mountains that cannot be explained by any man made craft, and they all believe they're seeing aliens (despite them being Catholic). A few of them are convinced that aliens live in the mountains of that Mexican town.

And I think this video that was posted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fBR7xjp4Rs
Is a perfect example of footage of a UFO not being able to be explained by man made objects. This was witnessed and filmed by thousands in 1991. It's a suspended, spinning, object in the sky that does not move from one place for about 15 minutes, then very easily can float behind a building. This was in 1991, so 17 years after that (now) saying that it was a military aircraft being tested by one of the worlds nations (in Mexico) when we don't have any aircrafts like that up to now that can do that, is not just skeptical, it's stupid, imo.

Are you trying to imply that any existing man-made aircraft can do what that footage can do 17 years ago Obi? I think 17 years would of been enough for them to finish their "top secret" military aircraft that they were testing above Mexico city. Which is actually bullshit logic if you actually think an advanced military nation is going to test their top secret craft over a super populated area like Mexico city.

lol obi just got bitchslapped

I'm not saying aliens don't exist.. I just find it very, very unlikely you're watching little green men fly around over us.

And even if you were, to what end? It changes nothing about this world..

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are you trying to imply that any existing man-made aircraft can do what that footage can do 17 years ago Obi? I think 17 years would of been enough for them to finish their "top secret" military aircraft that they were testing above Mexico city. Which is actually bullshit logic if you actually think an advanced military nation is going to test their top secret craft over a super populated area like Mexico city.
OK, fine, I'll bite.

I watched the video, and although I have no sound (so maybe what they say is revolutionary), I come to the conclusion that yes, many existing man-made aircraft could do what that footage showed 17 years ago. At one point in the video I caught myself thinking "It looks like a bug just flew in front of the camera.". It isn't that impressive of footage. I could recreate most of that with a kite painted a metallic silver.

Yeah but no one implied that these are aliens yet, they are UFOs and they will be just that until someone tell us what they are (which i doubt if is military stuff).

When people is under panic or just exited about it, they usually jump into conclusions.

Why does it seem like everytime something like UFO's gets brought up with footage, somebody uses the same counter-argument that the footage looks fake?

Why does it seem like everytime something like UFO's gets brought up with footage, somebody uses the same counter-argument that the footage looks fake?
That's not a post! It's the northern lights reflecting off swamp gas!

How many times have you heard that before? Obi, I agree the Mexico City footage at first doesn't look like much, but you have to consider that thousands are seeing this. There isn't only one camera filming this, the blackout had many news crews out in the street at the time. The witnesses are what makes this so incredible and difficult to explain.

Most of these videos don't require much sound. There is some strange strange things for sure. I'd watch the video in the OP. I do agree with you, some of these could very easily be government projects, but as a poster above stated...you don't test stuff like this in front of the majority of the population of Mexico City.

Who doesn't love talking about UFOs? Maybe for my 1k we'll do bigfoot!

OK, fine, I'll bite.

I watched the video, and although I have no sound (so maybe what they say is revolutionary), I come to the conclusion that yes, many existing man-made aircraft could do what that footage showed 17 years ago. At one point in the video I caught myself thinking "It looks like a bug just flew in front of the camera.". It isn't that impressive of footage. I could recreate most of that with a kite painted a metallic silver.
If you can show me a bug that is bigger than a car, hover hundreds of feet high and is shiny and silver I'd love to see it. And you cannot recreate the image seen on the film with a metallic silver kite, because kites do not stay in the same area hundreds of feet in the air for up to 10 minutes without being moved by the wind. They also do not look heavy and solid. There was thousands of people witnessing this (as it was the most eye-witnessed UFO in history). I think if someone was flying a kite they would have been caught. And if you think a man made aircraft could do that, they already stated that no existing aircraft could do that at the time in the second part of the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHGyLOrIY20&feature=related

There is plenty that we as humans do not know yet, and once we start thinking we know everything and can explain everything, that is the moment we stop learning.

obi

formerly david stone
Maybe because the footage never looks that impressive? The problem isn't necessarily on my end.

If you can show me a bug that is bigger than a car, hover hundreds of feet high and is shiny and silver I'd love to see it. And you cannot recreate the image seen on the film with a metallic silver kite, because kites do not stay in the same area hundreds of feet in the air for up to 10 minutes without being moved by the wind. They also do not look heavy and solid.
As I said, I can only go off what I read in this thread and what the video shows. Video does not give a sense of scale when the cameramen zoom in on it so there is no comparison.

There is plenty that we as humans do not know yet, and once we start thinking we know everything and can explain everything, that is the moment we stop learning.
I know we don't know everything, but I also reject that there is any large number of things that are unknowable. We may not be able to explain something now (and from what I saw, there isn't much in need of explaining), but that doesn't make it unexplainable.

Wow today in my 'social science' exam the first question was actually to do with this, the Ministry of Defense were forced to release all their UFO files because some University Lecturer successfully requested the information under some Information act passed in 2000.
Weird because I was reading this thread yesterday instead of revising for the test, what are the odds?

Yeah this information was obtained by some sort of freedom of information act. Does anyone know how this works in Britain? Or if there is a US version?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)