Nintendo Announces Pokemon 151 - Pokemon Branding for Adults [not a new game]

Oof, well if you go to the link on the first page and click enter you'll get to big screenshots of each shirt, with links for the shirt's backs.

Wtf, I thought the Hypno shirt was kind of creepy when I saw the first shots, but now I see that he's leading two small children by their hands...

I think it's fun to remember the spooky side of Hypno's play on the Sandman.

I wonder how/if they'll do the Uri Geller shirt. o.O

I'm really liking the Cubone, Hypno, and Articuno shirts. I'm probably going to buy those three (and pray they fit). I guess that means I'll have to come out of the Pokecloset too, thanks to "Pokemon 151" written on the back of some of the shirts.

cloud

groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i really like the articuno one, if it fits alright i'd actually like one :D

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm wondering why the Cubone shirt says Kodoku when his name is KaraKara. Could anyone schooled in Japanese help me out here?

EDIT; I googled it and it translates more or less to "isolation/loneliness." This shirt just gets better and better! :)

Hoping they pull off decent Arcanine and Dragonite shirts. They'd be sick. Articuno's almost looks like a polo shirt since it's like an emblem. Definitely get that and Cubone.

I don't like how they stop at 151. It was the best generation... but it had the worst Pokemon (IMO). o_o;
Part of it would be cause the target audience would be people who began playing during that generation and have continued til now. For the most part anyone over the age of 18 would've begun with the original R/B/Y.

I'm wondering why the Cubone shirt says Kodoku when his name is KaraKara. Could anyone schooled in Japanese help me out here?

EDIT; I googled it and it translates more or less to "isolation/loneliness." This shirt just gets better and better! :)
Cubone/Marrowak are described as lonely creatures in one (maybe more) ingame PokeDex entries... iirc

EDIT: Found something. "When it thinks of its dead mother, it cries. Its crying makes the skull it wears rattle hollowly." D/P PokeDex Description of Cubone - www.serebii.net

What the heck is this?

It confuses me... Cubone looks more scary. XD

Still pretty cool, though. If only I would have been wearing those shirts back when I was really into Pokemon. People wouldn't have been looking at me funny, than. =P

Part of it would be cause the target audience would be people who began playing during that generation and have continued til now. For the most part anyone over the age of 18 would've begun with the original R/B/Y.
That's true! I really want a Rapidash shirt though I wonder what Machamp or Jynx will look like. XD;

I'm digging the rampant lion design of the Mewtwo shirt. I found it quite clever, personally. As for Hypno, like someone mentioned before, it is delightfully creepy.

I can only hope they extend it a little further to the GSC generation for us "oldies".

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Bumping this back up to let everyone know that Nintendo added Kakuna to the list of available designs back on August 13th.

The English text reads "While awaiting evolution, it hides from predators under leaves and in nooks of branches" which is rather interestingly the Diamond and Pearl Pokedex entry for Kakuna.

According to random online translators, Sanagi translates to Chrysalis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)