Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
EVs: 176 HP, 168 Attack, 136 Defense, 28 Special Defense
-Reflect
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Knock Off/Grass Knot/Power Whip
Stats: 385 HP, 278 Atk, 352 Df, 121 Spe, 256 SpA, 143 SpD

This was created, so to speak, to prove an opposition to Garchomp. Once Reflect is set up, a Life Orb Swords Dance Jolly Garchomp's Outrage (the most dangerous Physical move from the Pokémon) is a 3HKO (171-202, 44.4%-52.4%) with Leftovers. Additionally, HP Ice is a guaranteed 2HKO on a 252 HP/0 SpD Garchomp (252-300, 60.0-71.4%), which means that this Tangrowth wins 100% of the time against a Garchomp lacking Fire Blast.
Earthquake is on the set to give coverage as well as OHKO 4 HP/0 Def Heatran (324-384, 100.0-118.5%).

It is important to keep this Tangrowth away from any sort of Super-effective Special Attack, as it will almost certainly cripple this Tangrowth. Even moves that are Not Very effective, for example a Thunderbolt from a 0 SpA Modest Magnezone (116-137, 30.1-35.6%), inflict respectable damage.

The final move is up to choice. Knock Off is always good for messing with the foe's team. Grass Knot allows Tangrowth to actually hurt Gyarados (if this move is the choice, then the 28 SpD EVs may be better for Special Attack). Power Whip allows this physically-inclined Tangrowth to have a worth-while move with the STAB.

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ChouToshio had the first Mixed Honchkrow with HP Fire so it wasn't DawnBringer who made it.

Anyways it's a pretty good set.
You're right, but I did it with Icy Wind. BTW, I'm not taking credit for any sets, I really don't care.

CPU V2.0 said:
Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
EVs: 176 HP, 168 Attack, 136 Defense, 28 Special Defense
-Reflect
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Knock Off/Grass Knot/Power Whip
Stats: 385 HP, 278 Atk, 352 Df, 121 Spe, 256 SpA, 143 SpD

This was created, so to speak, to prove an opposition to Garchomp. Once Reflect is set up, a Life Orb Swords Dance Jolly Garchomp's Outrage (the most dangerous Physical move from the Pokémon) is a 3HKO (171-202, 44.4%-52.4%) with Leftovers. Additionally, HP Ice is a guaranteed 2HKO on a 252 HP/0 SpD Garchomp (252-300, 60.0-71.4%), which means that this Tangrowth wins 100% of the time against a Garchomp lacking Fire Blast.
Earthquake is on the set to give coverage as well as OHKO 4 HP/0 Def Heatran (324-384, 100.0-118.5%).

It is important to keep this Tangrowth away from any sort of Super-effective Special Attack, as it will almost certainly cripple this Tangrowth. Even moves that are Not Very effective, for example a Thunderbolt from a 0 SpA Modest Magnezone (116-137, 30.1-35.6%), inflict respectable damage.

The final move is up to choice. Knock Off is always good for messing with the foe's team. Grass Knot allows Tangrowth to actually hurt Gyarados (if this move is the choice, then the 28 SpD EVs may be better for Special Attack). Power Whip allows this physically-inclined Tangrowth to have a worth-while move with the STAB.
That set won't counter garchomp.

If you switch into garchomp, he's going to set up the swords dance. Then, next turn he's going to outrun and hit you with fire fang or outrage or dragon claw, and next turn kill you before you even got a chance to hit him with an ice beam. I'd also like to mention that yachechomp ruins any chances you would have at countering it.

Not to mention the 25% miss chance granted by sand veil and the consistent damage that it's likely to do to your pokemon. With rocks, you stand no chance.

That set is still effective at other jobs on a team, just not this one.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@Jibaku...No >_> And I have no idea why I didn't consider it. Liechi Berry seems like an awesome item to put on this, especially because it isn't hard to get Gyara to sub 25%. I'm definitely going to try that, and possibly even more interestingly, Salac Berry, to account for Deoxys-S and fast Scarfers.

If I Substitute on the turn Deoxys-S switches in, I can substitute down until the Salac activates, and then I can Dragon Dance on the turn Substitute is then broken, effectively gaining 512 Speed and the ability to OHKO Deoxys-S and a huge majority of the metagame.

Definitely trying this out, thanks for the idea Jibaku!

ChouToshio had the first Mixed Honchkrow with HP Fire so it wasn't DawnBringer who made it.

Anyways it's a pretty good set.
you what i dont care...goodbar told me to breed hit...giving me no knowlege of it...so i was playing with it on shoddy...and i wanted to know what others thought of it

Not to say it was my idea or anything but I posted a DDFlailDos (with Liechi-Berry as a held item)before..

Um, I'm not sure if this has been done yet but...

Mantine@Wacan Berry
Calm
252 SpD 252 HP 6 SpA
Mirror Coat
Surf
Ice Beam
HP Electric

Ok this is a combination of the baton passer set and the toxic spiker set.

Venomoth
Shield Dust
Impish
Letovers/Wide Lens
252hp/252speed/6spdef

-baton pass
-sleep powder
-toxic spikes
-substitute

If you faster then there lead sleep them then put a sub up or lay spikes. You can try passing sub or try for the spikes sometimes you can do both. I've actually been able to do both the majority of the time.

Of course this is not very useful at the end of the game but is good for setting up. It also absorbs toxic spikes for my team.

I currently use this in OU and works very well.

The only things im not sure about on this is the ivs and nature, but the current set has been working well for me.

The only poke that beats this that starts usually is crobat since its faster, usually though i have a sleep talker and just switch to him.

If this has already been suggested then my mistake.

Edit: Forgot the ability. Shield Dust is the prefered because tinted lens is only useful if attacking.

If I know it has taunt I either sleep it before it can taunt, which is most pokemon, or switch out. The only taunter that I can think of that is faster that is actually used is crobat at the moment.

I actually did think of azelf but havent seen him lead that much at all recently, maybe twice and i havent seen a lead aero ever maybe once.

That's a really really interesting set.
It doesn't seem to work very well in OU, considering the amount of pokemon which can outrun and cripple it (also including faster sleep leads, roserade and gengar) but in UU it seems like it could be amazing.

I would consider going for a +speed nature, because you get a higher natural boost, and can throw any extra speed EV's into defense for the same effect.
You'd end up at level 100 with 181 defense with the same speed instead of 171.

You know the wierd thing is it has actually been working in OU. I would say im not the best battler and my team isent very standard since it includes this and a p2 but i have been winning over half my matches.

Also for some reason every roserade I have battled has been slower then me but we do both have the same base speed. Also a +speed nature does sound better since it can then outspeed or tie all roserades except scarf, unless I do put evs into defense.

I just used this against someone with a starting metagross and worked wonders. I was able to set spikes and then batton passed a sub to my duggy. Which then trapped and killed his meta.

Edit: Maybe i should have made a thread for this moveset since thats what all the cool kids are doing now a days.
lol

You're right, but I did it with Icy Wind. BTW, I'm not taking credit for any sets, I really don't care.
I know you weren't taking credit you just wanted it bred.

you what i dont care...goodbar told me to breed hit...giving me no knowlege of it...so i was playing with it on shoddy...and i wanted to know what others thought of it
That post I made was directed towards Tri-Dark Souls if you didn't see.

So why did you get mad at me even though I wasnt talking to you? =/

hi guys, i'd really appreciate some help for a defensive tyranitar. motivated by a shiny impish larvitar i found while chaining adamant ones. this is what i have at the moment:

Shiny Tyranitar

Shiny Tyranitar #4
Impish / Sandstream / Male
IVs: 26 / 23 / 31 / 2 / 21 / 27
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp Def
Moves: Stealth Rock, Roar, Crunch, Rest

basically, its hp/def/spdef at level 100 are 399/350/340 (with sandstorm factored in). just seems like way too good stats to pass up the tanking possibility.

another suggestion (from gengarmaster) was to use the moves substitute, toxic, roar, ice fang. i understand the concept of the set, but am not 100% sure about which attacking move to use. ice for coverage? crunch for STAB?

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

hi guys, i'd really appreciate some help for a defensive tyranitar. motivated by a shiny impish larvitar i found while chaining adamant ones. this is what i have at the moment:

Shiny Tyranitar

Shiny Tyranitar #4
Impish / Sandstream / Male
IVs: 26 / 23 / 31 / 2 / 21 / 27
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp Def
Moves: Stealth Rock, Roar, Crunch, Rest

basically, its hp/def/spdef at level 100 are 399/350/340 (with sandstorm factored in). just seems like way too good stats to pass up the tanking possibility.

another suggestion (from gengarmaster) was to use the moves substitute, toxic, roar, ice fang. i understand the concept of the set, but am not 100% sure about which attacking move to use. ice for coverage? crunch for STAB?

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
A problem I find with a Defense oriented Tyranitar's, is that he has a large array of type weaknesses, many of which have popular moves. (Close Combat, EQ, random water/grass moves)

I'd never use a Pokemon with so many weaknesses as a Defensive Pokemon on my team. Not to say it's completely worthless, I'm just saying it has better uses, imo.

A problem I find with a Defense oriented Tyranitar's, is that he has a large array of type weaknesses, many of which have popular moves. (Close Combat, EQ, random water/grass moves)

I'd never use a Pokemon with so many weaknesses as a Defensive Pokemon on my team. Not to say it's completely worthless, I'm just saying it has better uses, imo.

i entirely agree with this. forretress/swampert can cope with a 4x weakness, but only because they dont have 50 other weaknesses. its just that i have this guy available, and was thinking a novelty defensive set could be possible, especially if both people were using weird/shiny pokes. of course it is helped by the element of surprise i guess.

so mainly what i'm after if some suggestions for movesets, even though it might not be the most useful thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)