Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are 64 HP EVs on the analysis Raikou just for Leftovers and not Sub? I'm making my own custom spread, but I'd just like to know.
Yes. It also ensures that 5 Seismic Tosses are required to kill Raikou when Sandstorm isn't in effect.

I've already tried messing around with Raikou spreads for my own team, and the standard is pretty much your best bet. The defenses are built so that even a 359 Sp. Atk Hidden Power Ice, the most powerful attack from Timid Magnezone, doesn't break your sub before a CM, allowing you to set up on it and even Zapdos and Jolteon. Also, Timid Gengar without an item can only break the sub about 50% of the time after Raikou gets one CM iirc. Of course you can use more HP, but as far as I know there is no way to acheive the same results (defensively) without sacrificing one stat or another.

From memory, its to guarrentee survival against a min attack hitmontops mach punch.
Ah, ok.
I got ahead of myself and didn't even think to look down below on the Analysis page:

"The 40 HP EVs also give Weavile the ability to survive Flamethrowers from Azelf. 349 Special Attack Azelf does 80–94% to Weavile and he even has a slim chance of surviving if Azelf has Expert Belt (96–100%). Weavile with 40 HP EVs also survives a Surf from Modest Choice Specs Starmie. On the other hand, maxing Speed allows you to outspeed or tie with opposing Weaviles, which is important given that one will always OHKO the other with Brick Break."

Crap.. to say the least. Decisions, decisions...
But if Weavile is faster than Azelf, why bother in the first place with the 40 HP? I guess for the Mach Punches.....
I still think it'll die anyway lol.

Taken from Azelf's page:

"Although he fears predicted Flamethrowers, Weavile is very useful against Azelf. He outspeeds Azelf and can OHKO with CB Pursuit or Night Slash. However, it should be noted that Azelf will survive Choice Band Pursuit from a Jolly Weavile if the Azelf has 16 HP EVs."

I'm not running Pursuit, I'm opting for Night Slash. (Crazy, yeah)
But kinda like with Hitmontop, I'm unsure if I'll be running into it that often with the people I play with.

Edit:

I've decided to max Speed. Why? 3 reasons: Dugtrio, Alakazam, and Sceptile. Thankyouverymuch. =)

1. Dugtrio. Don't want to be revenge-killed. How ironic.
2. Alakazam. Shaq-Fu, super-effective.
3. My friend uses a Sceptile.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes. It also ensures that 5 Seismic Tosses are required to kill Raikou when Sandstorm isn't in effect.

I've already tried messing around with Raikou spreads for my own team, and the standard is pretty much your best bet. The defenses are built so that even a 359 Sp. Atk Hidden Power Ice, the most powerful attack from Timid Magnezone, doesn't break your sub before a CM, allowing you to set up on it and even Zapdos and Jolteon. Also, Timid Gengar without an item can only break the sub about 50% of the time after Raikou gets one CM iirc. Of course you can use more HP, but as far as I know there is no way to acheive the same results (defensively) without sacrificing one stat or another.
I'm only using it for BL (nobody give me IT'S NOT A TIER bullshit, I knw that), and I just needed to know since I'm not running Leftovers. Or HP Ice. =) Thanks, though.

I've heard a lot of talk about game IDs and how they can effect breeding shinies. Is this a rumor, or is there something to it?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can Tentacruel gain recovery from Toxic Orb? If not will it receive damage from it.
It will have no effect, like using the move Toxic on a Poison-type Pokemon. I think you're thinking of Black Sludge, which is Poison-type Leftovers, while damaging Pokemon of any other type.

Ok, got an interesting question here.
Lets Say you teach a gallade psycho cut (+1 crit chance) and recycle (through TM) and then get to use Lansat berry (raises crit rate +2 when hp is 1/4 or lower). Then, you recycle the berry, you don't get the effect again right? otherwise your crit rate would be +5 when using a high crit move. Scary, but impossible right?

Ok, got an interesting question here.
Lets Say you teach a gallade psycho cut (+1 crit chance) and recycle (through TM) and then get to use Lansat berry (raises crit rate +2 when hp is 1/4 or lower). Then, you recycle the berry, you don't get the effect again right? otherwise your crit rate would be +5 when using a high crit move. Scary, but impossible right?
Returns activated one-time use items to the user. It restores items lost to Fling, Natural Gift, Bug Bite and Pluck. It does not restore items lost to Covet, Knock Off, Switcheroo, Thief, or Trick.
Straight from smogondex.
So no.

Wondering if you guys had some tips on breeding: How do you get around these impossible odds???

x/x/x/x/31/31 + 31/x/x/x/x/x = 0.457% = 1:219

That's the best I can do. V_V

Is there any program on this site or another where you can choose any typing, whether it currently exists or not, and see what it's weaknesses and resistances are? Like a Steel/Dark, Water/Ghost, Ice/Dragon, etc. I'm horrible at remembering weaknesses/resistances, or it'd be easy to do myself. I mainly want to do this for typings that aren't used by an existing Pokemon, so serebii's Pokedex won't work.
http://jetlogs.org/sandbox/pokemon_type_calc.html

This will give you results to weaknesses and resistances. As of right now, I would mainly rely on that site to displays results for new dual types like Dark/Dragon.

Does Serene Grace only take effect for offensive moves? Or would say a Blissey with Serene Grace have a 100% accurate Sing?

Also, what's the percent chance of a critical hit? I remember it being 6.25%, but I can't be sure...it caps off at 25% if I remember correctly? And how much do stuff like Leafblade or Focus Energy raise the crit. % chance?

Does Serene Grace only take effect for offensive moves? Or would say a Blissey with Serene Grace have a 100% accurate Sing?

Also, what's the percent chance of a critical hit? I remember it being 6.25%, but I can't be sure...it caps off at 25% if I remember correctly? And how much do stuff like Leafblade or Focus Energy raise the crit. % chance?
Serene Grace boosts the likelihood of added effects to occur. So it only works for things like Airslash and Ancient Power.

Keep or reset?

Is this chansey a keeper?

This Is my planned movest/EVs
Quiet
Serene Grace
252- Def 252- SpA 4- SpD
Softboiled
Sing
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

But here is the killer, the IVs:
Hp Atk Def SpA SpD Spe
30 11 3 31 31 21

Should I just reset and try again? Every other IV is ideal for what I'm going for, but that defence...

Can you tell me all the abilities that can be used in Rain / Sun ?!

I just know Swift Swim / Chlorophyll and Dry Skin =/

I wanted to look in the Strategy Dex, etc.. first but there are many so I guess I am missing some =c

Rain Dish & Hydration can be used in Rain.
Solar Power & Leaf Guard can be used in Sun.

Also, Cherrim can use its Flower Gift Ability in the sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)