Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...I noticed that everyone stopped using Calm Blisseys.
I've got a Bold one and all.
But does that mean they use the Cleric moveset but switch the nature for Bold or that people just prefer Diverse Bliss (which uses Bold anyways).

hey guys i have a nub question. could someone explain to me what "self-KO" clause is in standard battle? does that mean you are not allowed to use moves like explosion and such?

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yea guraboy, you can't use moves like Memento and Explosion, but there are variants like "If you use a Self KO when it's 1-1 and both pokemon die, you lose." Depends on context I guess...

Also, I have a question, I'm pretty sure on this, but is it possible to SR for the XD birds? I've heard some conflicting answers...

How does EV training ussually work? Like the payment for it. And can we give them pokemon that we recieved from trades?

Say i want Someone's not non redistributable pokemon trained. can I trade it to them to have it trained?

Does poison heal do the same as lefties of more.

I heared it does an 8th which is twice lefties and
will heal substitute in two turns, is this true cause
i need to know for my breloom.

Also my breloom took even more exp than my tyranitar
and legendaries to get to lvl 100 WOW

Does poison heal do the same as lefties of more.

I heared it does an 8th which is twice lefties and
will heal substitute in two turns, is this true cause
i need to know for my breloom.

Also my breloom took even more exp than my tyranitar
and legendaries to get to lvl 100 WOW
yes that is true.

I'm still SRing Cresselia and looking for one that could be a CM sweeper. The latest one I've found has the following IV spread/nature/trait:

Nature: Modest
Trait: Mischievous.
HP: 6 - 7
Atk: 22 - 23
Def: 18 - 19
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 10 - 11
Spe: 20 - 21

The HP IV flat-out sucks, but Calm Mind should help compensate for the low SpD IV. Should I keep SRing, or is she a keeper?

Quick question: it says that in the US version of Diamond and Pearl that Gastro Acid and Skill Swap gets rid of the negativity of Regigigas's ability, but does Worry Seed do the same? Or did they just leave that out? I currently cannot try it...

Quick question: it says that in the US version of Diamond and Pearl that Gastro Acid and Skill Swap gets rid of the negativity of Regigigas's ability, but does Worry Seed do the same? Or did they just leave that out? I currently cannot try it...
worry seed does the same.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Blak, I used to mostly see 3 EV'd pokes for 1 from your thread, but some people do 2 for 1.

@Houndoom-Yes it's fine.

Umbarsc, yes, you can do double battles but with two people only.

I was EV training my Pineco...I used Self Destruct for an easy KO for attack EV's on a Shinx. Even though Pineco fainted because it used Selfdestruct, did it still gain EV's?

How does EV training ussually work? Like the payment for it. And can we give them pokemon that we recieved from trades?

Say i want Someone's not non redistributable pokemon trained. can I trade it to them to have it trained?
Usually you get 3 of their pokemon. And you agree not to clone them. So it doesn't matter if the "customer"'s pokemon aren't theirs. Understand?

Usually its 3 for one pokemon from their thread. I haven't seem a smogonite who needed collateral, but maybe its because the community had a trust for me not to mess around with their pokemon. Having worked with Goodbar/EE's pokemon.

EDIT: Houndoom rocks, no. You get EVs when you get exp. Since your Pineco was fainted, it was unable to get exp, thus no EVs.

My remaining questions

Is there a list of legitimate IV distributions among legends/events?
If so, may I be pointed in its direction?

Can you SR for battonage pokemon?

I found another Cresselia with potential:

Nature: Timid
Trait: Alert to sounds.
HP: 20 - 21
Atk: 20 - 21
Def: 28 - 29
SpA: 8 - 9
SpD: 22 - 23
Spe: 30 - 31

Is SpA so low that it can't be compensated for by maxing SpA EV's and using Calm Mind? Should I keep SRing?

Okay, I just got an Action Replay and I was told that it could help me with checking pokemon's IVs and hatch them faster. I don't know where to get those codes so could someone please tell me were they are? Thanks!

I found another Cresselia with potential:

Nature: Timid
Trait: Alert to sounds.
HP: 20 - 21
Atk: 20 - 21
Def: 28 - 29
SpA: 8 - 9
SpD: 22 - 23
Spe: 30 - 31

Is SpA so low that it can't be compensated for by maxing SpA EV's and using Calm Mind? Should I keep SRing?
For Cress, You need good Defence, special attack and Speed.
So, This Cresselia would have limited useage.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I just got an Action Replay and I was told that it could help me with checking pokemon's IVs and hatch them faster. I don't know where to get those codes so could someone please tell me were they are? Thanks!
Currently, Smogon policy prohibits me from giving you the codes, sorry. Technically we should avoid talking about them too, but if you really want them you can PM me and I'll get you the working "legit codes".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)