shoddy and our ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm writing this because I've got a suggestion for admins that I feel would improve our leaderboard and make competitive pokemon even more enjoyable. I'd like to hear as many oppinions as possible.

Those who have played pokemon via shoddybattle before our server was launched will probably know that official server provides a list were current top 100 players appear.

Here on Smogon we've got 3 ladders (ubers, OU and UU) which is a good idea. However, when you check the leaderboard, it only shows top 5 people.

The big difference between netbattle and shoddy is that the latter has put an effort to assign each player a ranking; and from my experience that's a key factor on shoddy's success. You realise how you improve, it encourages you to put more effort, play more and take it more seriously. And it's extremely rewarding to get into the top 100. Personaly, I checked official server leaderboard a lot more than ours.

The problem I find here is that showing just top 5 people is very restrictive, since very few people can get that high. Not appearing on the leaderboard when you're like 30th current best player can be very frustrating and I believe it's gonna discourage a lot of people from playing competitive pokemon.

As I see it, very little people is gonna care about ladder if you don't appear on the leaderboard.

So my suggestion is extending the leaderboard to top 100 or even more (what about top 250?). It's more rewarding, it makes you respect your oponents, it encourages you to play, have fun and see results whatever your level is.

I think this will make smogon's server even more popular and enjoyable. Does anyone agree with me?

Thanks everyone.

Lol @ this topic
in time you could have written this huge word wall you could have find out already

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
it does, and the last time this question was raised chaos added that description to the leaderboard to head off any confusion...

Lol @ this topic
in time you could have written this huge word wall you could have find out already
dont be a dick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)